PDA

View Full Version : Has Anets Patch created a conflict with certain PC's

Bloodthorn
08-11-2006, 17:47
Hi since the update around when nightfall was released my computer has been experiancing reboots when playing GW for no reason it runs fine for 5 hours or 8 then it reboots. I have been looking around the different forums and found that I am not alone in having these problems.

I have since then done a complete reformat to no avale it still reboots I can run Oblivian fine for 8 hours no crashes no reboots or any other game fine

My temps are
cPU 40
Motherboard 35
Graphics Card 50 well in the green range.

My specs are
AMD 64 3700
Nividia 7600 GT 256
2 Gb of ram

before this update I could run guild wars fine no problems what so ever maybe it because of the new monitoring sys they put in with the patch that is causing problems for some ppl.

litdie
08-11-2006, 18:13
good luck getting an answer.

ive been having problems ever since nightfall, contacted support and posted on a coupla sites and got 0 answers.

maleki
08-11-2006, 18:30
Well it wasnt restarting per say but it seemed to me to be something inside guild wars. The only thing that had any results was uninstalling all avs and then uninstalling guild wars. Running Chk dsk. and then defraging...and maybe a clean install of your drivers with driver cleaner pro to top it all off. After doing all these things i musta ran into a combo that worked because my guildwars is suprisingly stable now.

Bloodthorn
08-11-2006, 22:17
Hmm I think its that screensaver they put thats causing the problems hopefully they will rectifiy this problem with future patches plus asking them is just a waste of time they always blame it on your PC

Heaven forbid they have lousy software programers http://forums.gwonline.net/images/smilies/gold/grin.gif
:grin:

Chthon
09-11-2006, 02:08
My guess would be heat.

Bloodthorn
09-11-2006, 10:57
If your read my first post it an't heat

Alaric Surion
09-11-2006, 11:19
It seems like its an issue with just urs, as I dont seem to see anyone else complaining about it. If you havnt already, like stated above, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Sometimes when new patches come in, they get messed up writing to your drive, and it can cause an error when trying to run.

Quaker Tu
09-11-2006, 13:19
It's possible that some graphics goodie has gotten enabled that overworks your video card at specific times or places in the game. I've seen posts in other places where people have gotten video card errors when entering certain areas.
These are usually things like 8x Anti-Aliasing, etc., that cause a lot of load on the GPU. I think there is a setting in the graphics to have GW find the best setting for you. If that doesn't work, try knocking the graphics settings down a notch (from "Quality" to "Speed" - not sure of the exact settings and I can't access the game atm)

MoonUnit
09-11-2006, 15:30
It could be many things, not only a little update that Anet did with Guild Wars... What other games do you play and/or what other programs do you run.

BTW, GW uses 100% CPU and stresses the video card (which might cause overheating) so... it might crash while playing GW but not other games. What have you done to try to fix the problem?

Also, are they random reboots or what? Try turning off automatic restart, to see if the computer it BSODing or not. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > Uncheck "Automatically Restart" under System Failure.

EDIT: More detailed specs of your rig would be helpful. :smiley:

I posted this in the other thread: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?p=4502939