PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Adrenaline Boosters

Internal Injuries
10-11-2006, 05:21
Can you stack one adrenaline booster like focused anger on top of another (like for great justice)

NeferJackal
10-11-2006, 10:30
I believe you can, but isnt Focused Anger good enough for you? At high Leadership it exceeds 100% gained for a much longer time than FGJ. Though do not forget an IAS skill.

Unfortunately Paragons doenst have that much in high adrenaline skills that is useful. Only Blazing spear and Wild Throw stands out, among the non elites. Well, they have the EXCELLENT Cruel spear, and Stunning Strike, but both are elites too.

Internal Injuries
10-11-2006, 13:05
I believe you can, but isnt Focused Anger good enough for you? At high Leadership it exceeds 100% gained for a much longer time than FGJ. Though do not forget an IAS skill.

Unfortunately Paragons doenst have that much in high adrenaline skills that is useful. Only Blazing spear and Wild Throw stands out, among the non elites. Well, they have the EXCELLENT Cruel spear, and Stunning Strike, but both are elites too.

Yes, this is quite true. And wild throw is more situational then a bread and butter attack. And no matter what you do you arent going to get GFTE to charge in less then 2 attacks. The only possible idea is using Focused Anger and FGJ and using all that adrenaline with a warrior secondary and 13 in a weapon skill to power skills like final thrust or executioners strike. With the high leadership, you could also spam those 5 energy attacks without running out of energy for essentially non-stop skill usage.

3 missing pts in a weapon skill reduces DPS somewhat, as does the missing strength, but Focused Anger would be some compensation. Warriors don't have anything so spiffy for adrenaline. Still, when all is said and done, I think you are doing slightly inferior DPS to a warrior, but its interesting to think about.

If the build could be made to work, we could call it the dripping *&%!ing wet build for the massive amounts of adrenaline.

Internal Injuries
10-11-2006, 13:13
I don't have enough of the math to understand the exact DPS reduction, but at a guess it would be around 20% less DPS then a warrior with 16 in a weap skill and 13 strength. To that base reduction consider:

(1) inability to use a DPS warrior elite; and

(2) more adrenaline then available to a warrior; and

(3) ability to spam 5 E skills.

So the question is, could we design a build to do enough DPS to be competitive with a warrior?

Of course, FGJ doesnt necessarily need to go in there in addition to focused anger.