PDA

View Full Version : How does Never Surrender! Work?

Forbiddian
11-11-2006, 19:23
Does it give a shout to all allies and then immediately fall off (yielding bonuses from finales and such), or does it simply never go on unless they're less than 75% hps?

Also, does it give everyone less than 75% full regen for 10 seconds? Or does it give them regen only so long as they're less than 75% (probably also retroactively healing others who fall below 75%).

Psychotic
11-11-2006, 19:29
It only is applied if they are less than 75% hp, and the regen is based on your command attribute. With decent command, expect 3-4 regen for each less than 75%. Once its on them, it lasts the full 10 second duration, giving them regen regardless of if their heal goes over 75%.

Desthe
12-11-2006, 03:42
So it's best to wait until HP's are below 75% before using it? I'm a bit unclear as well.

If you cast it and HP's aren't below 75%, is it basically a waste?

Res Ipsi
12-11-2006, 06:43
So it's best to wait until HP's are below 75% before using it? I'm a bit unclear as well.

If you cast it and HP's aren't below 75%, is it basically a waste?
Yes, wait until the teammate(s) health is about 75%, then cast. I did this with our mm hero because both hero monks in my group neglected him (he was using BotM to a fault). I think it's +5 with 16 in command, so a real nice skill to bring along.

Fownkaymownkay
12-11-2006, 07:29
It's mostly for those near-party wipes when you've aggroed more than you can handle. And it does its job VERY well.

Use it once, say about half of the party has around 60%. That's what I do.

Forbiddian
12-11-2006, 10:37
The problem is that Paragons have virtually unlimited energy to spam shouts. Thus, shouts with fast turnover times and smaller effects are better than bigger effects. It only heals 10 health per second for 10 seconds and is conditional (at max command, one of the most-neglected trees).

Despite the cost, Aria of Restoration seems better.

ToSpiteMyself
12-11-2006, 10:48
Another fact to take into account about this skill is that it works on allies, not party members like the discription says. Minions, pets, and allied npcs all gain regeneration from "Never Surrender!"

waywrong
13-11-2006, 05:00
Never Surrender is also a 5en shout, meaning 1) You'll probably get energy back for it as most paragons have a decent Leadership, and 2) No cast time so you can be doing other things, (ie Aria of Restoration), while using it. 3) Not everyone uses spells.

critical vengeance
13-11-2006, 23:21
it used to be more worthwhile, at like 7 regen, 5 or whatever is nice, but i mean for the times you could need it 7 didn't really seem that powerful.

Muhummad Msabi
14-11-2006, 05:48
It's mostly for those near-party wipes when you've aggroed more than you can handle. And it does its job VERY well.

Use it once, say about half of the party has around 60%. That's what I do.

Great times to use this skill is for the Abaddon's Gate Mission. My guildmate and I did this mission with Heros and ourselves. We managed to beat the mission and get masters at the same time. I ran a build with Go For The Eyes!, Never Surrender!, Mending Refrain (used on people who degened or lower health) and a few other shouts like Anthem of Guidance and Anthem of Envy. I setup Morgahn with Ballad of Restoration, Song of Purification and a few others. Our hero monks were easily able to handle healing and prot throughout the mission and only had two or three deaths. No party wipes since I used Never Surrender! after those times Abaddon did some decent dmg on the party.

This skill won't save your party when they are getting beat on. But it will help with health regen while your monks are busy saving spiked party members.

~muh