PDA

View Full Version : Point of paragons?

Marveric
12-11-2006, 23:06
Thinking of making a new char either a Derv or a Para, and I don't seem to get the point of paras. Is all they do shout chants and stuff to boost allies? Cause those are all earshot range and we all know how PuG idiots love to wander everywhere. Can paras do decent damage with spears or do spears suck? Also since they have a shield and armor equivalent to warriors are they able to tank and solo farm like warrs?

Grande Warrior
12-11-2006, 23:09
i play as a paragon and i actually only use 1 shout lol. so yes, they can do much damage ;)

Synthos dawnbreaker
12-11-2006, 23:43
In a group scenario, i'd pretty much choose to play my paragon over most of my other characters, even running with just 3 heroes.
I've found them to be extremely versatile and able to cover many psitions within a group :)
solo I can't really do much, but i'm sure it wont be long before someone finds us some farming space ;)

requinox
13-11-2006, 01:37
You'd be surprised how often people stay within earshot, especially against random mobs of monsters. If you're a shout/chant/echo paragon, your strength comes from numbers. With high leadership I find that I have practically an infinite amount of energy when in a party of eight.

Reef Paragon
13-11-2006, 01:50
My primary is Paragon and secondary is Fire Elementalist. I could kill a level 15 drake with 2 clicks in 6 seconds. Considering I don't any elite or high level skills. I think it's pretty good.
I'm trying to build my Paragon a damage causing machine instead of just a healing and supportive class like a monk.

rentauri
13-11-2006, 03:13
Depends what your looking for. Paragons are a profession that can excell in the front line combat role or the back line support role. I enjoy the support role myself, and yes 99 percent of the time the group remains in shout range, acting as a buffer to assist the whole party. In the active combat role the Paragon can excell, they have high armor so if you want go P/W and swing a weapon in melee. In the spear line there are some powerful attacks that can work wonders. Blazing Spear and Cruel Spear are two of the most common.

omfgineedaname
13-11-2006, 03:34
If you play Motivation it's basically a monk that gives energy to the team :)

waywrong
13-11-2006, 03:49
Paragons:
80 base AL + Awesome support abilities + Very good damage + Ranged Deep Wounds! = a lot of win.

But seriously, you can build a Paragon to DPS, or support, or even tank a bit, with the right skills. I personally think it's the most versatile class in the game.

I don't know if they are as good at solo farming, seeing as they don't have many good AE skills, but I think they are just as good, if not better when matching up with the Warrior in single target damage, especially if when you take into account crits.

nSin
13-11-2006, 07:43
Paragons are capable off:

High single target damage
Damage boosts to the entire party
Party Wide Heals
Party Wide Protection
Party Energy Management

Often they're hyrbids of the above

Beomagi
17-11-2006, 20:33
Damage boosts to the entire party I can agree with, but I think the damage is a bit low, at least if you're looking for variations. For great justice + paragon adrenaline skills means fairly fast blazing and cruel spears, but there's few other skills that come near those in damage. It's not that they're weak, but there's not a lot of choice as to which skills to use if you want to damage the enemy. It's why blazing + cruel is common.

They do make excellent meele warriors though :)

nightrunner
17-11-2006, 20:52
Motivation Paragons are ridiculously powerful ATM. A spear paragon's damage is pretty strong, too. Don't underestimate them.