PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Vizunah Square's cutscene counts as a /death

Lytha
12-11-2006, 23:56
My latest attempt at survivor tried to do Vizunah Square tonight. Without this mission, there isn't really enough content to gain enough XP for the survivor (3) title.

To my shock, I found after this mission's final cutscene the following "oh so pretty" line:

You have died 1 time.

The canthan person and me had stopped watching this cutscene right when everyone was "dead" on the floor.

I repeated this mission, and stopped watching the cutscene when everyone was back on their feet, restored to life by the envoy freaks. This time, the line read like this:

You have died 2 times.

That means, this hellish BUG can be replicated quite easily. Just watch the awful cutscene and wave goodbye to your survivor.

I repeated this "enjoyable" mission one more time, and broke out of the game before anyone "died" in the cutscene and was back at Vizunah Square outpost. The /deaths-count hasn't increased though. However, this means that you can't just map out in time to save your survivor title - no Dragon's Throad outpost, no progression with this plot, no open doors, no more content.

I'm a "bit" too ticked off rightnow, else I'd go to do this hellhole of a mission again to find out if you "have to watch the whole exciting cutscene and miraculously your /deaths-count doesn't increase, nya nya nya", or something is the case.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 00:13
OMG Lytha that sucks... I didn't even think about that when I ran thru it the other day.. didn't even think about the /deaths count. :undecided:

Lytha
13-11-2006, 00:29
Well well, I just tested if watching the whole stupid cutscene would be the remedy for the BUG, but no.

You have died 3 times.

It's absolutely retarded that a cinematic destroys the all work that was put into surviving.

Ah, maybe some more data?

- me = foreign team
- me = monk
- Olias, Tahlkora, Jin, Chiyo, Eve, Cynn, Devona
- the canthan teams were every time some humans with henchs and/or heroes.

I'm p***ed off.

I've done this mission many times before the release of Nightfall.
IT NEVER COUNTED AS A /DEATH.
I don't get it WHY it was changed. Maybe I should try to figure out how to fill out these support tickets?

This is a game-breaking bug for me.
no mo/rt = don't dare to "ascend"; no weh no su and/or no ascension = no profession change (that's what Command Post's prof changer told me); no profession change = no survivor by elitehunt.

Or hey, I could just wipe out Ahrjok Ward 200-400 times instead? ... lmao. Actually, I'd need to do this even more times, as the priests won't give blessings after a couple of runs, and then I gain less XP for fragging all the monsters - thinking about doing it with a full team, I didn't want to farm the title (and I'm too stupid to do it solo with a monk anyway.)

The really annoying detail of this bug is that this cutscene wasn't bugged before - you could do the mission, watch the cutscene or half the cutscene, and then go on with surviving - and I don't see why it was changed.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 00:45
Well well, I just tested if watching the whole stupid cutscene would be the remedy for the BUG, but no.

It's absolutely retarded that a cinematic destroys the all work that was put into surviving.

Ah, maybe some more data?

- me = foreign team
- me = monk
- Olias, Tahlkora, Jin, Chiyo, Eve, Cynn, Devona
- the canthan teams were every time some humans with henchs and/or heroes.

I'm pissed off.

Meh.. that totally blows big time.. nothing else I can say... :cry: I'll test it out when I get on later.. but I'm pretty sure it's a bug. One question tho... did you or the local team have a MM?

Lytha
13-11-2006, 00:52
Meh.. that totally blows big time.. nothing else I can say... :cry: I'll test it out when I get on later.. but I'm pretty sure it's a bug. One question tho... did you or the local team have a MM?
Both teams had a MM, except the lonely canthan Wammo and his henchs. My Olias is a MM; and the canthans+heroes usually had their Oliasses as MMs, too.

However, in the first two tries, the little pets went for the envoys, not for us. They went straight for me in the last attempt when we were "back on the feet", but I think the /deaths+1 had happened before they chewed on my monk.

The only way to survive the cutscene might be to make everyone skip the cutscene before Shiro kills everyone. But try to do that with human teams... there's always someone who doesn't skip.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 00:55
Both teams had a MM, except the lonely canthan Wammo and his henchs. My Olias is a MM; and the canthans+heroes usually had their Oliasses as MMs, too.

However, in the first two tries, the little pets went for the envoys, not for us. They went straight for me in the last attempt when we were "back on the feet", but I think the /deaths+1 had happened before they chewed on my monk.

The only way to survive the cutscene might be to make everyone skip the cutscene before Shiro kills everyone. But try to do that with human teams... there's always someone who doesn't skip.

I'm gunna see if F12ing as soon as you see the swords does anything..

requinox
13-11-2006, 00:56
I've had a death count against my survivor as well. I think it stems from having an MM on the team.

Here's the sequence of events:

Shiro kills everyone (death doesn't count)
Minions become masterless and attack the envoys during the cutscene
Envoys revive everyone
Minions start killing your party member (These deaths do count)

Very frustrating. If I had known sooner I probably would have either skipped the mission completely, avoided MMs, or closed the client during the cutscene.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 01:17
While I doubt that this makes you feel any better Lytha, if you log out right after you get the swords you don't acquire any unwanted deaths... at least that's an option.. frankly a lame one.. but at least it's there...

Lytha
13-11-2006, 01:53
But were you in Dragon's Throat after f12ing at that point or back in Vizunah Square? If you're back in Vizunah, nothing is gained by doing the mission then at all... But I got to try that.

I just let my old dummy monk ascend as Mo/Me with empathy, healing breeze, retribution... that's a possibility, too... (my fearful new monk wanted to do it with vengeful weapon + spirit rift for safety reasons, that's why I had planned to attempt Weh No Su before Ascension with her.)

- make a Mo/Me in Tyria (I prefer these faces and the skillquests)
- hurry to LA, just grab the necessary skills on the way
- over to Kaineng for the armor
- over to Elona from Kaineng (henchies do all the work there)
- grab heroes
- level heroes and yourself a bit (to 20? gah? boredom?) by using monster hunts on Istan
- grab Olias
- bore yourself towards ascension in tyria, the heroes should speed up the journey
- ascend as mo/me (+50k xp and possibility to switch secondaries, yay)
- grab ~50-100k xp by doing stupid quests in Kaineng, but do not enter Vizunah Square mission (or flee in horror when the cutscene starts)
- elitehunt in Tyria,
- elitehunt in Wajun Bazar, Bukdek Byway, Undercity omg sooo "many" to be found...
- clear out Arjohk Ward about 100 times?

Well, clearing out Arjohk Ward for XP would at least help the monetary issues of the survivoring-by-elitehunt.

That muderous cutscene is a bug though.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 01:57
Well.. you should have Dragon's Throat on your map if you finished the mission, even tho you are still in Viz Square when you load back in. :wink:

Lytha
13-11-2006, 02:35
I don't know if that's the case. When my old monk was so annoyed at some random group in Gates of Kryta at some point and f12ed during the final cutscene, she didn't have LA on her map.

With my new ex-survivor having watched the murderous cutscene too many times now, there's no way to find out if Dragon's Throat appears on the map as soon as the swords have been received.

Though... maybe the door between Bukdek Byway and Shadow Passage opens as soon as the swords have appeared? Then it wouldn't matter, you could just walk to Dragon's Throat and the next primary from Kaineng. I can actually try that now. (Though, possibly this door is now open because I've got Dragon's Throat on the map, not because of the swords in Vizunah. Doh.)

I just looked at that door and it was open.

Now it could be:

Swords -> Next outpost appears, door opens
Swords -> door opens
Swords -> no effect at all, (it's the ending of the cutscene that opens the door and makes the next outpost appear.)

I could try what happens if I f12 out of the cutscene from the following mission. If Senji's Corner appears on the map after the swords for Nahpui Quarter, or if at least the doors to the Skyway (from Bukdek and Wajun) open, your method would be a workaround for this bug.

MoonUnit
13-11-2006, 02:40
I don't know if that's the case. When my old monk was so annoyed at some random group in Gates of Kryta at some point and f12ed during the final cutscene, she didn't have LA on her map.

With my new ex-survivor having watched the murderous cutscene too many times now, there's no way to find out if Dragon's Throat appears on the map as soon as the swords have been received.

Though... maybe the door between Bukdek Byway and Shadow Passage opens as soon as the swords have appeared? Then it wouldn't matter, you could just walk to Dragon's Throat and the next primary from Kaineng. I can actually try that now. (Though, possibly this door is now open because I've got Dragon's Throat on the map, not because of the swords in Vizunah. Doh.)

As long as you wait for the swords, you will have the next outpost on your map. :wink:

EDIT: I am testing this atm, will post results...
EDIT#2: it works. :wink:

Lytha
13-11-2006, 14:17
Yes, it seems to work. In Nahpui Quarter, at least. I f12ed when the green XP numbers had popped up, no swords yet to be seen. She was after the re-login back in Nahpui Quarter, but Senji's Corner was on the map.

But this is just a workaround for people who already know about this buggy murderous cutscene. Those who don't, will get just as cranky as I was last night. It's not normal that cinematics can destroy survivors, ffs.

(by the way, one of the elonian faces is actually nicer than the tyrian ones, I think I just make one there and save me the pain of Ascalon+Northern Shiverpeaks...)

Ryuchan
13-11-2006, 15:49
cutscene's no longer 'count' as real game time as far as I am aware.

Your health gain wont go up/down, your energy is frozen, minions don't degen, etc.

this was implemented so people WERE able to watch the cinematics without the MM going crazy halfway thru a cutscene due to losing his minions

it's gotta be a bug somewhere, but hopefully not related to an MM.

*parks his own survivor in Elona till this has been resolved.

Cynaes
13-11-2006, 15:59
The fact that Shiro kills you doesn't count as a death towards the Survivor title (unless it has been introduced with one of the more recent patches). From what I've noticed so far, health does drop during cutscenes, only you are reverted back to your original health when the cutscene ends (at least that's the impression I had when I was hammered at by a boss during a cutscene). So maybe (that's just a guess) the minions do loose their master when the scripted death happens. And after that they might attack anyone & everyone in the party. If your health drops below 0 on this occasion, that might count as a death. Only guess, as I already said :) The main point is, that the cutscene-death itself imo doesn't count as a death towards (non-)survivor.

Wayward
13-11-2006, 16:02
This is a horrid bug, if it is a bug. Any survivors killed by this are going to be very angry.

The bug must of been introduced sometime in the last month as I've had two survivors pass through Vizunah unscathed before that time.

Lytha
13-11-2006, 16:50
The fact that Shiro kills you doesn't count as a death towards the Survivor title (unless it has been introduced with one of the more recent patches). From what I've noticed so far, health does drop during cutscenes, only you are reverted back to your original health when the cutscene ends (at least that's the impression I had when I was hammered at by a boss during a cutscene). So maybe (that's just a guess) the minions do loose their master when the scripted death happens. And after that they might attack anyone & everyone in the party. If your health drops below 0 on this occasion, that might count as a death. Only guess, as I already said :) The main point is, that the cutscene-death itself imo doesn't count as a death towards (non-)survivor.

I am aware that a cutscene should not kill players.

However, this special cutscene killed me off 3 times last night. I went from /deaths = 0 to /deaths = 3 during these 3 times through the cutscene. Go ahead and try it yourself, do a /deaths before and after you've watched it.

That's why I reported this here in the bug forum.

Mirka
14-11-2006, 07:59
It's amazing that there are so many cutscene bugs still out there. I remember in Zoveas Channel (is that the name? I forgot, lol...) after Agro's group was dead my Assassin got resurrected. Right after he was resurrected the cutscene played, and when it was done my Assassin then dies again, because of the -1 health degen on his daggers. It was quite amusing because we got to throw the usual "haha a dead assassin" jokes; but if I was going for survivor I would have been less than amused.

Kakashi Chan
15-11-2006, 13:22
Well at least I know not to go there on my survivor... sucks bigtime IMO.

ccrazool
15-11-2006, 16:34
Do Vizunah Square, it's fine. Just F12 and log out as soon as the swords appear. I always F12 out of that darn cutscene anyway.

aeonbahamutzero
31-01-2007, 03:24
Recently I've been making survivor characters (and I've been having to REMAKE them due to this bug). I always end up dying during the cinematic during vizunah square. My character survives when other party members skip the cinematic however whenever someone waits to go through the whole cinematic my character ends up with one death afterwards. i don't know if this is due to the minions or to shiro "killing" the whole party but it sucks since this is the second time it's happened to me. Isn't there a way to make deaths NOT COUNT during cinematics?

nkuvu
31-01-2007, 03:39
Known bug:
http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430258

It used to be set up so that the death in the cinematic was not counted. But this bug was introduced a while ago.

At the moment the best suggestion I've heard is to exit the game once the end cinematic starts (as noted in the above thread). You'll re-enter the game at Vizunah Square, but should have access via map travel to Dragon's Throat.