PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of the Forgotten

rentauri
17-11-2006, 04:58
Am I missing something about this weapon? While it seems to be a nice weapon it doesnt seem like it is that great of a weapon for Paragons.

Spirit of the Forgotten
Lightning damage: 14-27 (req. 9 Spear Mastery)
Enchantments last 20% longer
Energy +5

The energy is nice and the Enchantment bonus can be good if you playing heavy with enchantments (say a secondary as a elementalist or dervish). About the only thing I could see this weapon being for would be a E/P with Thunderclap. That aside this weapon seems strange for a Spear at the end, maybe if the Paragon did sometthing with lightning effects, aside from Spear of Lightning which turns the damage into lightning.

NeferJackal
17-11-2006, 06:36
Prayer of the Forgotten is a much better weapon in comparision. Sharing the +5 energy, but having a furious spearhead for generating adrenaline faster and +30hp. Which is helpful if you have a +30hp shield and a superior vigor, to run a superior and a major rune, and still be on at least 480 hp.

I can only think of two Paragon skills that toys with Enchantments you need to dip into a secondary for.

Godspeed 10e 30r Command Shout
For 5...17 seconds, all allies within earshot move 25% faster while under the effects of an Enchantment.

Swift Javelin 5e 10r Spear Attack
If this attack hits, you deal +5...17 damage. If you are under the effects of an Enchantment, this spear flies twice as fast and cannot be "blocked" or "evaded."

The Paragon also comes with two skills that is penalized for using enchantments. Both which already is fairly underpowered to warrant slapping a penalty on their use.
Any Monks fearing my l33t Signet of Synergy healing? :rolleyes:

Natural Temper 3a Leadership Skill
For 4...9 seconds, you gain 33% more adrenaline while not under the effects of an Enchantment.

Signet of Synergy 1c 10r Motivation Signet
Target other ally is healed for 40...88 Health. If you are not under the effects of an Enchantment, you are also healed for 40...88 Health.

Lefaras
17-11-2006, 07:42
I think it can replaced the +5 en weapon with enchantment bonus for the caster. Furthermore, since it a ranged weapon it is better suit for casters than a axe or a sword.

Longasc
17-11-2006, 08:46
Am I missing something about this weapon? While it seems to be a nice weapon it doesnt seem like it is that great of a weapon for Paragons.

Spirit of the Forgotten
Lightning damage: 14-27 (req. 9 Spear Mastery)
Enchantments last 20% longer
Energy +5

It is something like the Henge-Sword/Totem Axe/Razajan's Fervor.
A +5 energy 20% enchantment weapon, but ranged.

Used together with a +12 energy focus you can get a whooping +2 more energy than with a Staff. ZOMG, UBER.

As Staves now have 20% recharge of all spells and can be modded nicely I think this is no longer that sexy, and 19/20% longer enchantment mods are also no longer too expensive.

NeferJackal
17-11-2006, 08:58
Actually staves can have more energy.

10 innately
+5 energy head
+5^50% life inscription

20 energy

Wands is 5 energy^50% life
Offhands is 12 energy

17 energy

Swords, Axes or Spears modded with +5 Energy gives an unconditional energy bonus that isnt dependent on your life value, and can be modded with a +enchantment duration mod. But you loose out on 20% spell recharge or casting inscriptions, which often may be desirable. To get 2x 20% chance to faster recharge spells, which cannot be duplicated on Staves.

Forgot to mention, that since staves now always carry 20% chance to recharge all spells. It means that any staff can recharge spells that doesnt have wands or offhands to them. Such as assasin or dervish spells, should you want to use them as a caster.