PDA

View Full Version : Ebon Dust Aura won't blind targets's

Silenti
22-11-2006, 23:12
I am trying to use the elite on a ranger/dervish and it won't work and yes i am using an earth damage weapon :wink: i have tried wielding an earth damage sword, hammer, daggers and bow and the target just doesn't become blind, can anyone confirm this? I can't test i scythe as i don't have the mod unlocked.

Hida Ryushi
22-11-2006, 23:23
I believe it really only works for scythes, not other weapons. I can't confirm this since I only use scythes on my Dervish, but I use Bubahl's Grasp to work with EDA.

NameAlreadyInUse
23-11-2006, 00:36
I can't speak for which weapons may or may not work, but I know it has been working in combination with Dust Cloak (which has your weapon deal earth damage for its duration). With this combination I have been able to keep pretty well everyone I get close to blind for a good long time.

Are you sure you're not overwriting the earth damage with a preperation (kindle arrows, or one of the other dervish elemental enchants or something)?

nylian
23-11-2006, 00:40
For 30 seconds, if you are wielding an earth weapon, your attack skills also cause Blindness for 4...9 seconds.

It won't work if you simply attack. Only attack skills will cause blindness. Are you using attack skills rather than simply attack?

Hida Ryushi
23-11-2006, 01:03
It won't work if you simply attack. Only attack skills will cause blindness. Are you using attack skills rather than simply attack?

That's the other thing about EDA. I was wondering at one time why my attacks weren't blinding the enemies, and I realized it said attack SKILLS, not ATTACKS. I think EDA would be a bit more overpowered if it just said that your attacks caused blindness.

nylian
23-11-2006, 01:16
I think EDA would be a bit more overpowered if it just said that your attacks caused blindness.

So true... but Ebon Dust Aura is still a bit overpowered, and someone with little practice can make very useful builds out of that elite. You just add dust cloak for the earth factor, Ebon Dust Aura, a few earth and mysticism enchants (Mystic Regeneration included) and to tie up the necessary attack skill, like Mystic Sweep, to take some credit out of all the enchants.

Silenti
23-11-2006, 16:43
It was because i wasn't using an attack skill i misread the description :embarassed: it work's fine.

Dzierzy Mierz
23-11-2006, 16:51
glad this was resolved. Happy gaming :)