PDA

View Full Version : Preferred scythe mod ~ 15^50 or 15^enchant

Marveric
23-11-2006, 02:16
Just made a Derv, and I'm wondering what scythe to buy for him. Is 15^50 better for a Derv or 15^enchant?

LordShar
23-11-2006, 02:22
15>50 is more desirable overall, especially given how often enchantments fall off Dervish. Also, given the scythe's huge base damage range, a customized 15>50 weapon really packs a punch.

Longasc
23-11-2006, 06:24
I agree with him. Kojak was it who said that Dervish often fall below 50% hp, huge HP gain and loss constantly, I still do not drop below 50% more often than having no more enchantments after several pious assaults.

On a sidenote, if we want to put it to the extreme, Conviction lasts 22 seconds at 7 earth already, 20 second recharge.

So if the enemy has no stance breaking skill, it is the way to keep up the 15% bonus 24/7. :p

This said, the lead 15^50 has on Scythes is by far not as significant as on other weapons. If you use Vow of Strength or Ebon Dust Aura regularly you can do as well with +15% enchanted or +15% stance as mentioned as with a 15^50 weapon.

Viti Ligo
23-11-2006, 06:33
The difference of 15^50 and 15^enchant is very small for dervish, but I voted for 15^50...

Malhavoc Adhamar
23-11-2006, 10:04
I go with a 15^enchant mod most of the time since I know I'm going to always have at least one enchantment on at all times (Faithful Intervention).

shadowhand
23-11-2006, 14:14
I use Faithful Intervention as a constant enchant as well in one of my builds - that and two other enchants that I put up before fights, if I can help it.

And when faithful intervention is removed I'll more often than not no longer need the 15% damage boost because I'll either be biting the dirt a couple of milliseconds later or be running as fast as I can to get to a place where I can recast it in relative safety...

So, I like the "while enchanted" mod most right now.

Monaghan
25-11-2006, 05:21
question about faithful intervention. are you guys saying it wont be stripped by pious assault or are you not using those kind of skills?

Ehecatzin FlyingCrab
25-11-2006, 05:33
of course it can be stripped by your own skills, like pious assault, but it's just a matter of getting used to it. about the mods, I would go for a 15% stance, since i use conviction as well, and you can keep it up very easily.

shadowhand
25-11-2006, 19:42
Oh, it can and will be removed by your own skills, if you bring skills that strip enchants. The point is to not use them when you're using that skill - or to use them at times when it doesn't matter if it's stripped - such as when using Mystical Sandstorm with multiple enchants for condition bombing or earth damage bombs.

For instance - using Faithful intervention with say - Mystic Regeneration and Zealous Renewal - will get you 9 pips of regen at 8 earth prayers. And - you'd only need to cast two of the enchants to get those nine pips if you already have Faithful Intervention up.

Conviction is indeed nice - and harder to remove than an enchant - but I like it more when used with an enchant - or several of them...

Hida Ryushi
25-11-2006, 20:06
I prefer the +15%^50%, since there are things that can render the other worthless for quite some time compared to this one.

Fade Into Shadow
26-11-2006, 17:42
I prefer the 15^50, though for a while I used the preorder scythe with the 15enchanted mod and it gave me relatively the same damage.