PDA

View Full Version : HA Builds

Flemish Twist
27-11-2006, 04:23
Hey all,
I've recently started monking for an HA based guild. I am new to pretty much everything in HA. Needless to say, I didn't do as good in there as I do in RA/TA. They generally run a Rit for mass regen on the team and I'm supposed to handle the job of what a standard WoH/Infuse healer would do. Can you think of any builds that I could try besides WoH/Infuse? Also, I'd appreciate any tips for running a monk in HA. I feel so clueless...

projection
27-11-2006, 08:24
If they run rit based spirit spam, you should go N/Mo to benefit from soul reaping.

Unless you post the full build it's rather hard to give you an accurate build for a healing character.

Flemish Twist
27-11-2006, 08:44
I basically would like to know about any builds that mimic a standard WoH/Infuse build in function, if they exist. Also, general tips on being the Monk in a HA team would be nice, too.

JustStuit
27-11-2006, 08:51
MY standard Woh goes: Words of comfort, orison of healing, word of healing, healing whisper (if the team is all casters they should be close), dwayna's kiss, healing touch, infuse health, and channeling. Sub leech signet in somewhere for interrupts + energy (good for interrupting claim resource.) Basically, use woh if below 50 and infuse if its spike and goin fast. Spam the others as their conditions are met. Healing touch, orison, and woc are good for self healing but you may need to rely on other monk (hopefully there is one?). Kite away from warriors and stay out of aoe. Wards are your friends. If you don't want mesmer, Mo/A with return and/or dark escape works well. Mostly just practice. The other monk probably wants extinguish and possibly LoD with the searing and sandstorm metagame right now.

projection
27-11-2006, 19:18
To the person above me, no offence, but what rank are you at? :P

Anyhow, if you want advice for tombs... with current metagame go something like...

Healing touch, Dwayna's Kiss, Light of Deliverance, Mantra of Flame, Healing Seed, Channeling, Draw Conditions, Heal Other.

Attributes would be 12+1+2 (major rune) heal, 8+1 divine, 10 inspiration.
Don't use superiors on a monk, make sure your HP is at least 520ish.

As primary weapon set use a 40/40, always have a negative energy set and a positive energy set +15/-1 and +30/-2.

Tombs is all about harnessing the energy from channeling, if the enemy team is not hitting you much, don't be afraid to stand in the middle of them and spam heal spells. Contrary to GVG or PvE, standing back in HA will quickly deplete your energy making you unable to use your healing bar.

Your prot monk should run something like...
Guardian, RoF, Dismiss Condition, Divert Hexes, Prot Spirit, Channeling, Purge Signet, Shield of Absorption...

Monks always work in tandem, so you must know what the other dude has.

B Ephekt
27-11-2006, 21:07
Healing Touch isn't good, take something that will benefit your party as well as heal yourself with. Mantra of Flame is OK if you don't know how to kite, but I really wouldn't waste a skill slot on it.

Here are some good monk bars I usually run myself or have my monks run. They should give you a good idea of what people are running, but keep in mind that your bar will largely be dependent on what the other monk is running. You need to coordinate with the other monk to make sure you will have enough condition and hex removal.

Healer's Boon

15 Healing
11-12 Divine Favor
Rest in Inspiration

Orison
Words of Comfort
Ethereal Light
Healing Seed
Heal Party
Dismiss Condition
Healer's Boon
Channeling

Light Of Deliverance

15 Healing
10 Divine
9 Inspiration

Orison
Words of Comfort
Heal Other
Light Of Deliverance
Healign Seed
Holy Veil
Channeling
Open Slot (Mantra of Flame, condition or hex removal if needed)

Word Of Healing

15 Healing
10 Divine
9 Inspiration

Orison
Words of Comfort
Word of Healing
Healing Seed
Heal Party
Holy Veil
Channeling

Divert Prot

15 Prot
9 Healing
8 Inspiration
8 Divine

Gift of Health
Reversal
Prot SPirit
Divert Hexes
Shield of Absorption
Dismiss Condition
Channeling

RC Prot

15 Prot
9 Healing
8 Inspiration
8 Divine

Gift of Health
Reversal
Prot SPirit
Restore Conditions
Shield of Absorption
Holy Veil
Channeling

projection
27-11-2006, 22:16
Mantra of flame is needed in tombs with current meta for energy management, not that much for damage reduction.

Ethereal light sucks, it gets interrupted too much, even with healer's boon.

Heal Other + Healer's Boon is nearly like Infuse.

And lol at taking words of comfort over dwaynas in a non-healboon build.

Healboon is for paraway anyway :P

Gift of Health isn't very smart to run on prot either, and if you only have orison as self heal.... it's not that smart...

r10 here btw ;)

B Ephekt
27-11-2006, 22:35
you run superior runes on your monks.... nuff said.Actually, I run majors, if I ran superiors the primary attributes would be at 16 not 15. Understand game mechanics much?

Mantra of flame is needed in tombs with current meta for energy management, not that much for damage reduction.No, it's not. I run with only Channeling and never run out of energy, because I know how to monk and weapon swap. It might be a good idea for improving the survivability of a new player but it's certainly not needed.

Ethereal light sucks, it gets interrupted too much, even with healer's boon. Heal Other + Healer's Boon is nearly like Infuse.I wouldn't use it without Healer's Boon, and would actually prefer to use Heal Other in a Boon build, but I suggest it since he's a new player and may be unable to manage his energy with a 10e heal and 3 pips of regen.

Also, have you actually tried Ethereal under Boon? Under Boon it becomes a 1/2s cast, and pretty much never gets interrupted. In 2 hours of running a Boon healer yesterday it never once got interrupted.

And lol at taking words of comfort over dwaynas....It's a self heal, better than healing touch and actually quite good vs. the Searing Flames meta. I haven't really seen enough hex builds lately to warrant taking Dwayna's over Words, mostly due to the fact that Hex overload builds are pretty hard to pull off effectively in 6v6.

Gift of Health isn't very smart to run on prot either, and if you only have orison as self heal.... it's not that smart...
That's great that you have an opinion, but maybe you could actually tell us why it's not smart. Gift helps out a lot, I'm quite fond of having the prot double as a backup healer with Gift and Reversal... and there really isn't much else you could put in there that's actually useful in 6v6.

Also, if you look at the builds I posted, all of them have more than 1 self heal on the healer.

r10 here btw ;)And I guess that makes your opinions better than mine, right? :rolleyes: FYI, rank doesn't mean anything but experience, and your posts seem to reflect a lack of monk experience (and I'm r10 as well...).

projection
27-11-2006, 22:47
Current meta in tombs is either paraway, hexes or searing flames oh and the odd monk spike.

It's either a build to rollover paraway, to /roll 100 paraway or a paraway.

Against paraway you can just laugh while monking, since it's easy. Against hex team you need a convert somewhere or 1-2 purge sigs... Divert hex monk should always have a purge sig, since most hex teams run sig of humility or a ranger with dshot.

Also, as you see i edited my post before you made you reply, because i did the math on attributes, bit tired at night, so no need to quote what was edited out, after i edited it out, just to flame me.

Gift of health sucks. It's a 130ish HP heal, if you are running dwayna's on your healmonk then considering all the enchants on the ghost (prot spirit+shield of abs+seed) dwayna's is going to heal way over it, and your protmonk doesn't have to split his attributes, making all his prot skills more effective.

Also it allows him to run either a purge sig, or if he is lower skilled with weaponswaps a convert hex.

Veil is pointless with the current meta, absolutely pointless, it will get stripped/shattered by any decent team before they start hexing you. Also, veil won't help you much when you get sb/ri spiked, since they'll just strip your veil with gaze of contempt. Purge sig is deffo the way to go with it atm.

And if you think a wee bit, orison is a very low heal, waste of slot, much easier to drop gift on the protmonk, so that he doesn't have to babysit the healmonk with heals.

dwayna's and heal other on a LoD monk (which you generally should be running if you don't have energizing finale on you) cycled with LoD and a 40/40 set can be spammed nonstop. I don't see myself ever using an orison over dwayna's if both are available, since whatever i am going to heal will have at least 1 enchantment on it, if the protmonk is doing his job.

Mantra of flame depends on which build you are running, it is in no way required, but makes the concept of monking easier => less damage, more energy = better healing. Concidering that you get ganked by double fire ele heroway at scarred half the time, it can be fairly useful.

P.S. Dwayna's + Purge > SB/RI team. Concidering there are tons of them out there atm, it's just retarded not to run it. If you haven't met any, then you've either been very lucky or don't play a lot.

You see, there is no more "balance" in HA, like it was in 8v8. Every "balance" lately involves a paragon, there are very few offensive builds, monks are spoiled by e-finale etc...

ZiegDivine
27-11-2006, 22:53
We've ran a rt/mo with infuse and a mo/a blight in HA just when NF came out (SF was around then, but there was a much bigger emphasis on diverse conditions ... trappers were around /sigh) and we did great against condition degen. rit had something like soothing, mend body and soul, resilient weap, weap of shadow, infuse, recup, generous was, attuned was ... mo/a was just a standard blight. with a good rit (which somehow was hard to find for this build, if the other core monk wasn't there) I had very little troubling blighting. Granted it's a bit outdated, but if you stick infuse on the rit (assuming he's filling in as the other healer), you really have no need to run WoH/infuse, or that type of bar.

projection
27-11-2006, 22:56
you don't need infuse in tombs atm, there's no spikes, only monk spike, and you won't catch a good monk spike with infuse, because it's overkill damage and instant death.

B Ephekt
27-11-2006, 23:06
Current meta in tombs is either paraway, hexes or searing flames.OK, but I still don't see many hex teams. Maybe you play during Euro hours or something? I'm on during American prime time. I do agree that Dwayna's is a supreior choice in the presence of hex teams, however.

Also, as you see i edited my post before you made you reply, because i did the math on attributes, bit tired at night, so no need to quote what was edited out, after i edited it out, just to flame me.Obviously it was in your post when I quoted it... I didn't notice that you removed it though, sorry.

Gift of health sucks. It's a 130ish HP heal, if you are running dwayna's on your healmonk then considering all the enchants on the ghost (prot spirit+shield of abs+seed) dwayna's is going to heal way over it, and your protmonk doesn't have to split his attributes, making all his prot skills more effective.
I can run 15 prot and still take Gift, so the effeciency of my prot isn't lessened. The only thing that gets reduced in my Divine Favor, which is still at a respectable 8 or 9, and which isn't so important on a tombs prot monk, imo.

Also it allows him to run either a purge sig, or if he is lower skilled with weaponswaps a convert hex.I would certainly take Purge... if I saw enough condition or hex teams to warrant it.

And if you think a wee bit, orison is a very low heal, waste of slot, much easier to drop gift on the protmonk, so that he doesn't have to babysit the healmonk with heals.I disagree, it's a self heal (100hp with DF bonus) that also benifits the other party members. Gift isn't there to babysit anyone, it's to help with the healing output of your backline. I'd prefer to run Gift on the prot than put Touch on the healer, that way they can both do their thing but the prot monk can add a nice bit of healing with Gift and RoF.

Anyway, just different play styles I guess.

Mantra of flame depends on which build you are running, it is in no way required, but makes the concept of monking easier => less damage, more energy = better healing. Concidering that you get ganked by double fire ele heroway at scarred half the time, it can be fairly useful.Searing is quite easy to deal with if your prot monk is awake. Prot Spirit, SoA and spamming of RC or Dismiss makes it so easy it's boring.

projection
28-11-2006, 05:59
I do play during euro hours, perhaps there is not so much hexes during American hours...

Anyhow, thing with gift is, you can stick something like extinguish or purge onto your protmonk... there are some daze teams around, and i don't like giving them automatic wins... at least at the times i play, dwayna's and purge sig are a must, or you get walked over by hex teams.