PDA

View Full Version : gwfreak utility?

Wraparound
28-11-2006, 03:09
I recently came across a utility from gwfreaks that has a character build manager as well as maps and skill locations.

It had a link to this website as a supporter but the link no longer works.

I was wondering if this utility is safe to use as a program. They advertise that it does not directly run with GW and basically contains info, maps, skills, etc.

Does anybody have any feedback on this program?

Just not sure if this is considered a 3rd party program that could eventually lead to my account getting banned.

Thanks.

MoonUnit
28-11-2006, 03:57
Yes it's a third party program, but it doesn't interact with gw in any way.

You can find it by googling "gw freaks"

Wraparound
28-11-2006, 04:19
As long as it doesn't cause me to lose my account I'm all for it.

From what I can tell it has alot of informative maps and skill templates that will help me. I just want to make sure it doesn't ask me for account info and such.

Thanks for the reply.

Laibeus Lord
28-11-2006, 04:23
No. gwfreaks is very safe. I've been using it since it first came out (and as far as I know, it was the first utility before other similar apps appeared).

My account is still with me ^_^ and so does my other friends and guildmates/alliancemates :)

katya
28-11-2006, 04:34
Odd, I can't find the download link here either. However, I've personally used the tool for a long time and have found it incredibly useful. Be 100% sure however that you are downloading it from the official site.

There are variants around, often posted to forums, which come in a .RAR archive that are not the real application but actually appears to be a key logger.

So. Download from the gwfreaks.com homepage, and you should be okay.

TeeBeeNZ
28-11-2006, 04:40
Yes it's a third party program, but it doesn't interact with gw in any way.

You can find it by googling "gw freaks"

Actualy it does it puts its builds into the GW template system automaticaly.

Wraparound
28-11-2006, 04:58
Thanks for the replys all.

I've checked the FAQ's part on the site and there is an option that allows you not import templates into the GW directory that you don't want.

So It sounds like it's pretty safe. I'll give it a go.

MoonUnit
28-11-2006, 05:03

I meant, that it didn't interact with the exe or dat file or the anet servers. I haven't used it in a while so I don't think I have the lastest version anyway. :embarassed:

dyeteam
05-12-2006, 15:12
so do you just access it in the game with like an alt+tab and look at the map or what.. how exactly does it benefit you while in a game?

Jelloblimp
05-12-2006, 17:06
That can be done with a .bat file since all you need to do is to put a file in the correct directory (that is, no interaction is nedeed with any of components that guildwars uses). C:/Program Files/Guild Wars/Templates/Skills is the default directory.
Not saying Freaks does it like that but why make it harder than nedeed.

Looking upp skills & maps I do with firefox (just alt-tab), so unless Freaks is displaying skills/maps inside or with the aid of guildwars-components there is no issue.

(Well there is always the issue with files containing viruses so use anti-virus software and try a online-scanner http://www.virustotal.com/vt/ which uses lots of anti-virus programs).

Ju Smurph
06-12-2006, 01:47
Do be aware that Guild Wars Freaks was recently used by 'hackers' to put keyloggers on your computer to steal your account.

The Proper Guild Wars Freaks is clean, its just a matter of be wary of where you download it from.

dyeteam
06-12-2006, 12:52
wow sounds like a leet hack. sucks for those who dled the bunked version.. btw where can you get the "real" version of this, any knowledge?

Colindem
06-12-2006, 15:59
http://www.gwfreaks.com/

Antonius Pinus
23-01-2007, 01:27
Well, i hope everybody is right, in consern of security of GW FREAKS

I installed on my system and i think this will be very usefull to create new builds so i can share with my team mates.

It's an easy way to try builds and see where to acquire skills.