PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering would this be effective

Sir Chris the Crusader
01-12-2006, 16:01
I'm a noob to GvG's but I wondered if a ele spike like this would be effective.

3 ele/mo's or ele/a's (if star burst) on fire focusing on nuking opponents for mass damage with searing flames or star burst. All with 16 fire.

2 ele/mo's on air acting as blind bots casting blind and using something like ride the lightning for an elite, to kill running opponents or get past a blocked gate.
15 or 16 air depending on users personal preferences.

2 ele/mo's on earth jacking up armor values and tanking damage especially bspike or other magic spikes.
15 earth

1 ele/mo on water, snaring opponents and allowing the others to kill the now slow running opponent.
15 water

All ele's except a starburster would have a monk secondary to repair some wounds (mainly the earth's would have the time) and if properly coordinated, I believe that most unprepared opponents would be nuked to death.

Of course why should I decide this.

flaming caster
01-12-2006, 19:07
if your ellys need to heal, you will spend all your energy in healing and have nothing left to spike with

theres a big lack of defense

oh and by the way, you cant teleport trough a closed gate (as you wanted to use ride the lightning for)

nightrunner
06-12-2006, 04:50
3 ele/mo's or ele/a's (if star burst) on fire focusing on nuking opponents for mass damage with searing flames or star burst. All with 16 fire.
Searing Flames is less spike and more pressure. Starburst isn't too good outside of HA, since in GvG the maps are more open.

2 ele/mo's on air acting as blind bots casting blind and using something like ride the lightning for an elite, to kill running opponents or get past a blocked gate.

Blindbots are good (you only need 1 though, especially if you have a water ele too), but Ride the Lightning is pretty weak. The 20 second recharge isn't too bad, but the exhaustion and the elite status really kill it.

2 ele/mo's on earth jacking up armor values and tanking damage especially bspike or other magic spikes.

You really can't tank in PvP. I suppose you could ward and stuff if you wanted an earth ele.

On the idea as a whole, I don't think it'll fly. If you really want to spike, there are a lot of better builds out there. And yeah, you'll want some monks. Blood Spike works because of the Soul Reaping, but Eles have no built in E-management.