PDA

View Full Version : I am playing in Elite areas primarily for...

Serendipity
18-12-2006, 12:23
For this poll purpose, we'll say that elite areas are:
- Underworld / Fissure of Woe
- Sorrow's Furnace
- ToPK
- Titan's quest.
- Urgoz / The Deep
- Realm of Torment / Domain of Anguish

1. .. rewards :
Gold drops, money drops, rare skins, green items chests...

2. .. challenge :
It is hard so it is great !

3 : .. fun :
Repeatable quests to play with guildies/Pugs !

4. Err. I don't play in Elite areas.

Edit : I forgot the poll :rolleyes:, can any mods add it or close this miserable thread...

CÚrilia
18-12-2006, 12:49
I added the poll... But if you prefer I can close it too! :wink:

On topic: I play for fun... which, for me, means that it excludes challenge. As for rewards I don't really care.

upier
18-12-2006, 12:52
fun and rewards.
not always in that order.

Erasculio
18-12-2006, 12:54
3 : .. fun :
Repeatable quests to play with guildies/Pugs !

I play for fun, but I'm not that interested in "repeteable" quests...

I think it would be interesting to compare the result of this poll to what would have happened if the poll were, "I am playing Guild Wars primarily for..."

Erasculio

ChaoticCoyote
18-12-2006, 14:26
I don't see the three goals as exclusive. Challenge and loot and quests are all parts of "fun".

DoA does not have interesting quests, poses little challenge beyond stamina, and the loot is lousy.

SF, UW, and FoW are all fun: Good quests, good loot, interesting environment.

Urgoz's Warren has interesting loot, and The Deep is an interesting environment, but neither provides good quests, and they force cookie cutter builds. The same goes for Tombs.

Fun can be "hard" -- DoA isn't hard, it's a mind-numbing slog through the same mobs and environment to obtain dubious rewards. Others may enjoy it, and all power to them. But I have no interest in it.

MikesSmikes
18-12-2006, 14:29
I added the poll... But if you prefer I can close it too! :wink:

On topic: I play for fun... which, for me, means that it excludes challenge. As for rewards I don't really care.

Mhhh that s interesting!

Cause for me, i don t need a challenge to have fun. On the other hand being challenged can be quite fun in it s own right! Ah well voted fun, but wish i could have voted both heh. But, dito on the "rewards" : Pffft.

So while the goals aren t mututally exclusive, i can see different people placing different emphasizes on different things,
ergo, In order of preference it s definitely: Fun first for me.

Serendipity
18-12-2006, 14:33
'Fun' is ambigous. I wanted to convey the idea that you are enjoying the fact of being here, for whatever reason other than challenge and rewards.

Sir Jack
18-12-2006, 14:39
Fun and rewards. Mostly fun, so voted that.

Fay Vert
18-12-2006, 14:42
Fun Fun Fun

It's good to get those nice green drops too, but I usualy give them away, still nice to see the drop for you though :)

Ora
18-12-2006, 14:50
For me challenge and loot are the icing on the cake named "fun"
Thus I voted fun, although they don't exclude each other.

This is also the reason why DoA doesn't belong on that list. It has none of those 3.
Your poll imho needed an option like: I don't play in all of these areas.

Saelfaer
18-12-2006, 15:07
i must say that i enter these regions for fun, mainly fun...
and i choose which one to join based upon fun and looks...
for 1, i never was that attracted to the SF, but i played FoW/UW/ToPK over 100 times each... SF maybe 2 times ..
same with canthan regions i played urgoz alot more than the deep
i just dont feel happy in SF and the deep, the looks don't satisfy me, and i'm not that happy as in the other regions ...

that said, i never played any of those elite areas for loot...
i get some loot, i'm happy with some loot, but i never played it over and over to farm for loot, i barely open chests (only when i get a keydropped...)

challenge does appeal to me yes, but not with a pug then, if its a challenge i seek then i want to go in with people i know, guildmembers and a VOIP program...

Ayarie
18-12-2006, 16:02
I Play FoW & UW for fun - in the repetable quests department.

I dont play in the rest.

Naru

Juiced
18-12-2006, 16:13
For fun of course, allthough as of lately when I do ToPK for old times sake I am happy with those staves I used to give away in Ascalon or sell to the merchant. Ideal for heroes!

Scutilla
18-12-2006, 16:34
I don't, generally, though I would if I had enough guildmates/friends to do such a thing on a regular basis. When the planets align and we do manage to do an elite area, it's definitely for fun, though the other two factors are important as well (we always try to succeed at the area, and of course loot is always welcome).

TheSonofDarwin
18-12-2006, 16:35
I said fun. They are areas where you can (and usually need) to incorporate a lot of guildies, and that's always fun. Just doing normal missions you have someone that needs help with it, and it only takes 1-2 people to help them complete it. Urgoz/Deep was fun because we could take along a lot of members, even those new to the game because of the team size without risking absolute failure. When areas require every member of the team to be absolutely the best, that's when it's no longer fun for me. Urgoz, Deep, UW, FoW, and Tombs still have it for me. Unfortunately I don't think DoA is what I am looking for as initial attempts have proved that everyone best know what they are doing. Not a big deal to me, though.

Domina Spellbinder
18-12-2006, 16:45
Fun, but need a reasonable challenge to have fun.

Discovered that DoA does not fit that for me. All the others do.

Walks With Angels
18-12-2006, 17:44
I voted rewards, though to be specific : Razah.

oblio
18-12-2006, 19:44
For the life of me, I don't understand why killing insects for Sunspear points is "grind", but trapping smites is "fun".

But it is.

Rewards are nice, but not important. I like seeing those greens/golds/ectos drop, even if they are just merchant fodder.