PDA

View Full Version : Update - Wednesday December 20

gtg
21-12-2006, 01:26
Wintersday Festival

Wintersday approaches, can you all see the signs?
The grentchies and the snowmen will soon all align.
For a battle in the end is what we shall face;
To determine the wintery fate of the whole human race.

Dwayna and Grenth will vie for our favor;
Through threats and presents of a wintergreen flavor.
In the end one shall win, one shall surely prevail;
And the length of the winter is the final detail.

So stock up on snowballs and clear all your packs;
For gifts of all sorts will rain down on your backs.
And if you should see a small urchin or three;
Remember the spirit of the season — 'Tis better to give than receive.

The Wintersday Festival has arrived! Kamadan, Lion’s Arch, Droknar’s Forge, and Ascalon City are decorated for the occasion, and over the coming days, holiday activities will begin as special guests arrive to join the fun. Everything leads up to the big Winterday celebration on January 1, which will take place every three hours in Lion’s Arch and Kamadan (on the hour in Lion’s Arch and 15 minutes past the hour in Kamadan). Be sure to collect Candy Cane Shards for use in the big celebration!

Party Search

* The new Party Search panel allows you to advertise when you’re looking for a group to join, and to search for other players and parties to join you. With the Party Search panel, you can join up with other players even when they are in a different district from you.

* In any town or outpost, press ‘P’ to bring up the new Party Search panel.

* If you’re the leader of your party, or if you’re not in a party (all solo players are treated as parties of one), you can use the “Seek Party” checkbox to add your group to the list of available players and parties, and to advertise what you’re looking for.

* As a party leader, you can select another group and click “Join” to propose merging with that group. After clicking “Join”, you will see a question mark icon next to that group indicating that you are waiting for a response from them, and they will see an icon next to your group indicating that you have invited them.

* If you receive an invitation from another group, you can select that group and click “Join” to accept the invitation, merging the two groups.

* If you accept an invitation to join a group which is currently in a different district from you, your group will automatically travel to the other district. If you are alone, you will travel immediately upon clicking “Join”. If you have other people traveling with you, the game will provide a 10-second countdown and give each player the option of canceling.

Reconnect After Disconnect

* While playing in a mission, explorable area, or PvP game, if your game client loses its connection to the Guild Wars game servers due to Internet connectivity issues, or if the game client or your computer crashes, you will have the opportunity to reconnect to the game servers and resume exactly where you left off, for a period of ten minutes after the disconnection.

* During that ten minute period, your character will remain in the world. If your character was performing an action like attacking or spell-casting at the moment of disconnection, your character will complete the action. If your character was in a party, the other members of your party will be notified of the disconnection.

* You must reconnect from the same computer that you were playing on when the connection was lost.

New Titles

* The new Commander title track is available to players who compete in Hero Battles. Players receive one point toward the Commander title for each victory.

* The new Gamer title track is available to players who compete in Snowball Fights and other holiday-themed games. During the Wintersday Festival, players who compete in Snowball Fights receive 10 points for each victory. Other holiday event games will be scored differently.

Other Updates

* The Guild Wars Official In-Game Store now sells the 2006 edition of Guild Wars (original Prophecies campaign), which has been available at major retailers since its release in early 2006, and is called Game of the Year Edition in America and One Million Edition in Europe. The 2006 edition contains seven bonus items that were not part of the original Guild Wars box. Players who purchased Guild Wars (original Prophecies campaign) through the in-game store since its launch there in July will receive a free upgrade, and other players who own the original Guild Wars can choose to upgrade through the in-game store for a small fee.

* Demo accounts can no longer trade or drop items, to reduce the use of demo accounts by commercial gold/item farmers.

* Characters that come to Elona from a foreign land now get Heroes that start at level 15, and can play two new quests, Securing Champion's Dawn and A Land of Heroes.

* Six additional quests have been added to Istan, and many existing quests have been updated.

* Additional treasure chests are available throughout the continent of Elona.

* The PvP Equipment Builder now allows the player to specify the dye color of weapons and off-hand items.

* The Skill Bar in the Skills and Attributes panel now shows tooltips even if tooltips have been disabled for the primary Skill Bar.

* The Quest Log panel now allocates more space to the list of quests when the list grows large.

* Heroes’ Ascent now requires parties with a minimum of four human players.

Balance Changes

* Lowered the attribute requirement on Shiro's Blade and Shiro's Sword from 15 to 13.

* Lowered the armor on Peppermint and Gingerbread Shields from 10 to 8 to match the highest inherent armor found on random loot.

* Lowered the armor on Hassin's Shell from 10 to 8, but added a Health bonus of 20.

* Improved the skill selection of Herta, the Earth Henchman.

* Reduced the Health of the Anguished Spirits present in the battle against Mallyx the Unyielding.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed a skill exploit that allowed players to walk through closed gates.

* Fixed a bug with hunt buffs that prevented them from giving double experience.

* Fixed a bug that caused some Necromancer minions in Nightfall to behave sluggishly.

* Fixed a bug that prevented the following bosses from dropping their unique items: Acolyte of Balthazar, Acolyte of Dwayna, Acolyte of Grenth, Acolyte of Lyssa, and Acolyte of Melandru.

* Fixed the Hero Control panel so that if you disable a skill and then move it to a different position on the skill bar, the Hero will still remember not to use that skill in its new position.

halfthought
21-12-2006, 01:27
dude-its wintersday

~happy holidays :wink:

Ayumu
21-12-2006, 01:28
no update so far

I think you lost the word "notes" ;)

The dysfunctionals "Select region" button disappeared from the login box.

Seef II
Downloading. We'll see in a few minutes when the notes are up.

Silent Mayhem
Why start a thread (completely disregarding the obvious update we expect today) before they post the official notes?

Hee Haw
21-12-2006, 01:30
Nice update!

AidenDarke
Downloading now! I hope it Wintersday!

Tokyo michael
WTF ALL MY guild hall pepole are gone!!!

Inchino
21-12-2006, 01:31
WINTERSDAY IS HERE :cloud9:

mradraz
21-12-2006, 01:32
Dwarves must have got over the hangover :grin:

The Dark Sisterhood
21-12-2006, 01:32
WTF ALL MY guild hall pepole are gone!!!

Yep, nice Wintersday Present that......

Tokyo michael
21-12-2006, 01:33
Yep, nice Wintersday Present that......

wow gg a-net this present phails ='( there goes like 300k in gh pepole

Dawn Stormborn
21-12-2006, 01:33
Interesting little dot in the corner, with FPS, ping times, and server IP.

And P brings up "Party Search". Time to test instance reconnects... :laugh:

Cranky Dog
21-12-2006, 01:34
About time it got here.

I was waiting for it all day long. Granted, it's going to be here for over a week so waiting an extra day shouldn't be any biggie. But I just loved it so much last year.

CLDragon
21-12-2006, 01:34
anything other than the dot thats new?

(in pvp, is wintersday out?)

Tokyo michael
21-12-2006, 01:35
also the think to chose your area (the asian one for the preview ) is missing now and it shows server ip in upper connor unless thats a version num =O

also error 10s woot -.-...

I Orca I
21-12-2006, 01:36
Yeah but no pretty snowball fights for me

Xunlai Agent
21-12-2006, 01:37
one hour and 20 minutes late and not working correctly. Snowball Fights arent working, they reset the guild hall npcs and no collectors

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 01:38
Snowball fights all up and working!

NeferJackal
21-12-2006, 01:38
The looking for group tool is in! Press P to open it!

gtg
21-12-2006, 01:39
Why start a thread (completely disregarding the obvious update we expect today) before they post the official notes?

1. it is a way to contribute to the community.

2. Players can read the update notes right here.

3. People can discuess about the build/bugs/changes here.

4. Read the forum rule before you post.

Ayumu
21-12-2006, 01:41
Party search: Working fine! (And usable for trading)
Reconnects: Working fine! (And won't trigger if you just close GW)

Screenshot for those who can't log into GW right now:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7404/partyfinderot1.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=partyfinderot1.jpg)

Eldiniel
21-12-2006, 01:41
no more heroway! your party is limited to 2 henchies or heros now in ha

omg... festival hat maker in kamadan! give your holiday hat(pumpki hat, antlers whatever) to him and he can make itfor all your characters 10 gold each! omg... i wish i didn't delete my old monk with the antlers and santa hat

Ora
21-12-2006, 01:43
I don't see any collectors so far, but all my Guildhall NPC's have vanished...
I guess anet ran out of NPC's. Maybe my guild hall Xunlai agent was recruited to hand out cc's somewhere ? :laugh:

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 01:43
3 Candy Cane Shards per win in the Snowball Arena! :smiley:

Silent Mayhem
21-12-2006, 01:48
1. it is a way to contribute to the community.

2. Players can read the update notes right here.

3. People can discuess about the build/bugs/changes here.

4. Read the forum rule before you post.

I am not going to start a flame war here..but on a day in which the community is eagerly awaiting a major update, it is not prudent or right, in my opinion, to start a thread without knowing the specifics of the update. That is all I will say on this, so don't bother starting anything with me.

later :)

Scutilla
21-12-2006, 01:50
Party search and reconnects = awesome

New quests and increase in hero starting level = even more awesome (even though my heroes all missed out on the level buff)

New titles = awesome as well

Losing all our guild hall NPCs = not awesome at all

Vol Thoth
21-12-2006, 01:54
Party search and reconnects = awesome

New quests and increase in hero starting level = even more awesome (even though my heroes all missed out on the level buff)

New titles = awesome as well

Losing all our guild hall NPCs = not awesome at all

My Guild hall is also missing NPCs :sad:

Carlos Ray Norris Junior
21-12-2006, 01:54
The Avatar bosses drop greens? Awesome!

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 01:55
New quests and titles?

Alexia of Durham
21-12-2006, 01:55
You know what I'd really like as well ? To remove the requirement to take heroes in any mission or quest . Not the option ,mind you . I'm saying this because I was questing earlier- with a nice group for a change - and we wanted to make it a all-human party but couldn't , because Koss was required.

So if they remove that and with that cool interface we might actually see all-human parties again :smiley:

jvxmtg
21-12-2006, 01:56
Party search: Working fine! (And usable for trading)
Reconnects: Working fine! (And won't trigger if you just close GW)

Screenshot for those who can't log into GW right now:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7404/partyfinderot1.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=partyfinderot1.jpg)

wow, that's a beauty, thanks for sharing it...still have one hour to go here at work.

That party search has dual purpose, for LFG and Trading...neat. :grin:

rentauri
21-12-2006, 01:57
I guess OP next time put a little 'Under Construction' Sign up so people dont complain about something you intend to update when information becomes availible. Maybe you can unionize the the thread then.

* Characters that come to Elona from a foreign land now get Heroes that start at level 15, and can play two new quests, Securing Champion's Dawn and A Land of Heroes.

I love this change annoying thing about going to elona was force march a lvl 2 Koss and lvl 6 Dunkoro but they did make nice bodies for MM's and meatshields kind of like a B/P's pet.

* Lowered the attribute requirement on Shiro's Blade and Shiro's Sword from 15 to 13.

Never understood the requirements on this and why to only 13? Am I missing something or are this two weapons normal green items that have stats similiar to other greens?

* Fixed a bug that prevented the following bosses from dropping their unique items: Acolyte of Balthazar, Acolyte of Dwayna, Acolyte of Grenth, Acolyte of Lyssa, and Acolyte of Melandru.

That was a bug? Nice I just assumed those ones didnt have greens to drop. Hopefully someone will post the weapon skins and stats cause I very curious.

All and all seems pretty decent.

ImSoToast
21-12-2006, 01:59
So 4 humans have to make a party for heros ascent but it stay 6v6??? THat is totaly crap, but at least a stepin the right direction. One bad thing this is going to really kill ha for some people so even fewer people now than before.

Alexia of Durham
21-12-2006, 01:59
I hope that interface will now be used for trade as well, but won't be holding breath for folks to be so kind to do that.

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 02:00
This Winter = AWESOME

Snowball fights are THE best ever. :]

jvxmtg
21-12-2006, 02:02
Never understood the requirements on this and why to only 13? Am I missing something or are this two weapons normal green items that have stats similiar to other greens?

They were trying to keep these weapons exclusive to Warriors and Assassins, thus the high requirements. Though the change has no effect on my build since my Assn always have 16 DM.

LionHeartlily
21-12-2006, 02:06
I noticed the changed the look of the quest log and skill interface too. Also the green arrow on the radar for locating your quest seems to be bigger too.

Also there is now the Hat Maker NPC too. Show him a hat and he can make it for anyone on your account. Now you don't have to worry about having enough time to get all your characters the hats this Wintersday. Anyone know if you can show him a hat that belongs to someone else and then can make one for your characters. I would like to get a Santa Hat from last year since my computer went down the day of last years festival and I missed them.

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 02:08
Any word on the new quests yet? :\

The Dark Sisterhood
21-12-2006, 02:08
So instead of getting storage for hats we get an NPC that can make more of the same hats you already have for any of the characters in your acount that haven't already got them.

So, unless he is a permanent NPC won't that fill up your storage with more hats?

Glacius Cool
21-12-2006, 02:12
* IP address of the server you're using is on each loading screen
* + and - to expand quest log/friends list/guild roster/etc changed icon

Party system is being used for selling...
Edit: after further examination of the party window it looks like Anet did that on purpose :) Although it desperately needs a header sort option or tabs for the different Purposes.

GOOD JOB ANET!!! WOOT

Another undocumented (at least I haven't seen it in the last week) is that pet type creatures now include their profession in their name like us eg. R5 Dune Lizard

Also included in this update is a green dot at the bottom right of the screen(usually under the party window) that shows stats.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7/gw234ho3.jpg

Anyone try this on purpose yet?
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6369/clipboard01bb4.jpg

Tyrilha Elindhel
21-12-2006, 02:15
Characters that come to Elona from a foreign land now get Heroes that start at level 15, and can play two new quests, Securing Champion's Dawn and A Land of Heroes.

What about people who went to Elona yesterday ?
I'd have like my lvl 2 koss to be lvl 15 too

Dear Annette,
It's Wintersday, season of Joys and Gifts
Can you please upgrade my old heroes to new starting level ?

Batjutsu
21-12-2006, 02:17
Great updates :smiley:

Arctus Redryn
Awesome! Great Wintersday Festival this year.

Erasculio
So, unless he is a permanent NPC won't that fill up your storage with more hats?

He's permanent. Gaile said so earlier today - the log is available in the Log Forum here.

Erasculio

Alexia of Durham
21-12-2006, 02:19
They were trying to keep these weapons exclusive to Warriors and Assassins, thus the high requirements. Though the change has no effect on my build since my Assn always have 16 DM.

yes, but it was kinda steep .13 is just fine though.I think the stats on those two are too good to bring it down to the ususal 9 req.

Ora
21-12-2006, 02:23
My Guildhall NPC's are back. Strnge. No update inbetween, I just did a few snowball fights.

Xycury
21-12-2006, 02:28
About the Heroes....

they get level 15...

AND

Komir gives you about level 15 items: weapons and foci... for your new heroes.

that's nice.

Scutilla
21-12-2006, 02:30
Yep, I was in the middle of the snowball fights as well when I heard the news over AC. Major kudos to ANet for not only fixing it so quickly, but not even asking us to reboot to do it.

The first tier of the Gamer title track is "Skillz", at 1000 points (that's about 100 snowball fights). Looks like I'll have to get busy...

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 02:33
Someone has the title already!?

The Dark Sisterhood
21-12-2006, 02:41
He's permanent. Gaile said so earlier today - the log is available in the Log Forum here.

Erasculio

Thats handy then

Scyfer
21-12-2006, 03:13
About the Heroes....

they get level 15...

AND

Komir gives you about level 15 items: weapons and foci... for your new heroes.

that's nice.

Where's this? *got heroes for another character just now and they're the same lvl <looks around for kormir>*

Also I love this:
"* The Quest Log panel now allocates more space to the list of quests when the list grows large."

Sable Phoenix
21-12-2006, 03:23
Excellent, excellent update. More quests are very nice. Great news about the heroes for foreign characters too.

suikoden
21-12-2006, 03:33
ok I was just doing a quest as usual and I spot a "treasure chest" , I open it up and out pops this gold item and it also gives me 1.2k GOLD oh and did I mention it was a keyless chest omgbbq!?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8980/untitlednd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Scyfer
21-12-2006, 03:34
ok I was just doing a quest as usual and I spot a "treasure chest" , I open it up and out pops this gold item and it also gives me 1.2k GOLD oh and did I mention it was a keyless chest omgbbq!?

That looks like a silver boar scepter, and the rest of your post is either :O or made up ;)

teina
21-12-2006, 03:41
Another little added feature - it appears when loading from templates, the allowable templates for the character are sorted to the top. This is a nice plus for people like me with tons of alt builds. :grin:

-T

Scyfer
21-12-2006, 03:44
Another little added feature - it appears when loading from templates, the allowable templates for the character are sorted to the top. This is a nice plus for people like me with tons of alt builds. :grin:

-T

That's a great addition :) I hadn't noticed that yet; and same here - I have like 40+ templates right now, including hero templates, and that'sjust for a few classes that I've played. It was starting to be a pain to sort them :/

Xycury
21-12-2006, 03:48
Where's this? *got heroes for another character just now and they're the same lvl <looks around for kormir>*

Also I love this:
"* The Quest Log panel now allocates more space to the list of quests when the list grows large."

I got my Ele over.

into Kamadan, stepped out and saw Komir and 4 heroes, Koss, 2 monks, and the scythe lady.

! over Komir, talked to her, Unlocked heroes, given 1 machete, sheild, scythe, focus, rod, and staff.

I'll grab a screenie when i grab a new character to go over with.

PICTURE!

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7776/gwov8.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gwov8.jpg)

Jodie O
21-12-2006, 03:57

Where abouts in elona where you suik? and what quest? lol. Thanks

defrule
21-12-2006, 04:22
free gold chests!!!! chest runs quick!

Kjentei
21-12-2006, 04:53
Characters that come to Elona from a foreign land now get Heroes that start at level 15,
THANK YOU! (but darn, should've waited- i wish this was retroactive)

The PvP Equipment Builder now allows the player to specify the dye color of weapons and off-hand items.
Yeah, the grey was getting annoying... ><

suikoden
21-12-2006, 04:56
Well i've been told its nothing new , and the chest is a one time deal :(

So the chest I found was in jahai bluffs near the avatar of balthazar. Good luck to you guys :)

Jodie O
21-12-2006, 04:57
Once per character? or once per account?

The Dark Sisterhood
21-12-2006, 04:57
I was attempting to get one of the Avatar's Greens when I saw a Treasure Chest, I opened it and got 1P 64g and a Gold Shield of the Lion.

However, when I went back the chest was still in the same place, but this time it was empty, so I don't know if once you open one that is it, or it is only once per day.

fripple
21-12-2006, 05:19
I was attempting to get one of the Avatar's Greens when I saw a Treasure Chest, I opened it and got 1P 64g and a Gold Shield of the Lion.

However, when I went back the chest was still in the same place, but this time it was empty, so I don't know if once you open one that is it, or it is only once per day.

You can definitely do it once per character. Whether the chest/s ever recharge remains to be seen.

GeneralGandorf
21-12-2006, 05:40
Anyone else check the other bases where avatars are? I just got the one by balthazar, was hoping he drop a green for me. Didnt. :( Going to go to all of them and see what I can find. Anyone else ever have Devona charge into the base where Avatar of Balthazar is? Everytime I go into Jahai she runs to that base and starts attacking the Avatar. Getting extremely annoying. Even when I command them to go somewhere she still goes in there at times.

Scutilla
21-12-2006, 05:47
Do these keyless chests always spawn in the same place? And do they count towards Treasure Hunter? I may have to go do some run-throughs once people find some of the various spawn points.

fripple
21-12-2006, 05:51
Do these keyless chests always spawn in the same place? And do they count towards Treasure Hunter? I may have to go do some run-throughs once people find some of the various spawn points.

I don't know if they count toward treasure hunter, but it's clearly a fixed spawn, at least for that one, if that's the only one. It even has its own little djinn guarding it.

beldeti
21-12-2006, 05:52
Four hours to go before I get off work..... already itching to log in :D

Anyone been to the online store and seen how much it costs to upgrade to the Prophecies 2006 edition? And what updates do you get upon buying it?

GeneralGandorf
21-12-2006, 06:00
It costs 4.99. All it does is give you the 7 bonus items.

RagnarokFF
21-12-2006, 06:09
Another of these keyless chests is in the Mirror of Lyss by the boss you cap Ebon Dust Aura from, just go outside form the Kodash Bazaar and walk to the right until you come to a river with a little island its there, hold down the Alt key if you cant find it.

You get about 2k and random item. (ive gotten gold items, a ruby and a diamond)

Sable Phoenix
21-12-2006, 06:09

Where is this keyless chest?

Azn D
21-12-2006, 06:21
These treasures do not count towards treasure hunter title.

Смерть
21-12-2006, 06:45
There is not a chest by Avatar of Grenth. I did get a saphire from the Avatar of Balthazar, area's, chest. And I went again for a second run, but the chest stays empty for your character if you have already used it.

JasonLa
21-12-2006, 06:56
Please can anyone detail where these chests are? The zones and where in the zones?

GeneralGandorf
21-12-2006, 07:02
I checked near all the other avatars and no chests by them. There is another chest in nightfallen jahai. Check Wiki there are already articles up on 3 chests. One near Balthazar Avatar, the one in mirror of lyss and one in nightfallen jahai. All 3 are near bosses. Guess just check near every boss in Elona, might find more.

Opened 3 chests on Monk and 2 with my Dervish, probably made 25k already. You can pretty much run to each chest so it doesnt even take a lot of time to do. I have 10 roleplaying characters although half of them arent anywhere near the places with these chests. But still I could get them there fast and make some money. :D

Sable Phoenix
21-12-2006, 07:23
Will these chests remain after Wintersday? I sure hope so.

shadows of hob
21-12-2006, 07:27
Finnaly!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Isaiah
21-12-2006, 07:40
I hope Anet isn't counting on this to fix the game's replayability or cash supply problems...

But hey, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Zingeri
21-12-2006, 08:13
There's one in the Domain of Pain, near the Bringer of Deceit, and also one in the Hidden City, in the room on the right (where he 3rd trial is)

Glacius Cool
21-12-2006, 08:16
Additional treasure chests are available throughout the continent of Elona.

Have problems with your eyes? :)
Most of you didn't read that far down huh?

Oh, and my previous post about Pet type creatures is wrong, they all have the "R" designation now. Perhaps for "Rangers" since they're the only ones that can tame anything.

It also appears that various creatures no longer 'chase' you very far at all now and luring is more difficult long distances.

IlikeGW
21-12-2006, 09:02
Will these chests remain after Wintersday? I sure hope so.

I would think so. It sounds like a way to get more money out of the unusually stingy NF campaign. Someone might want to ask Gaile to know for sure.

wow, these chests rock. got 2k and a gold out of the first one.

beldeti
21-12-2006, 09:13
It costs 4.99. All it does is give you the 7 bonus items.

Thanks, I'll look it up when get off work :smiley:

Khaunshar
21-12-2006, 10:28
Stingy Nightfall campaign ?

Without farming, I got 60p total with my paragon, no outside help at all.

Prophecies gives about 16-20p on a playthrough, Factions 35p.

FlintIronoak
21-12-2006, 11:00
Where is this keyless chest?

Hope this helps? I took a screen shot of how to get to the chests ect that I have been to so far. Follow link:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=501&userid=198130

beldeti
21-12-2006, 11:05
The 7 bonus items are great for my Heroes, and I can clear up space for Collectors' required materials :D

FlintIronoak
21-12-2006, 11:14
The 7 bonus items are great for my Heroes, and I can clear up space for Collectors' required materials :D

Thats what I do- use the items on my hero's - but the bow is for my ranger! That bow is nice. The skin is cool. The Nevermore Bow. :laugh:

Ashberry
21-12-2006, 11:16
nevermind, been answered, curse me for not refreshing before posting :tongue:

beldeti
21-12-2006, 12:14
Thats what I do- use the items on my hero's - but the bow is for my ranger! That bow is nice. The skin is cool. The Nevermore Bow. :laugh:

yes, that's what a feathered bow is supposed to look like :grin:

definitely getting the upgrade tomorrow :cool:

for now though I'll be off hunting for buried treasure -- thanks for the images you posted! Got a gold divine staff at the Mirror of Lyss... off i go :laugh:

shadows of hob
21-12-2006, 12:22
Are there already new quests to do? if so, where can i find them?

Are the special ritualist and assisin and paragon and dervish skills in the snowball arena already known? if so, post them here :P

are the quests to help Dwayna or to help Grenth possible yet?

FlintIronoak
21-12-2006, 12:27
for now though I'll be off hunting for buried treasure -- thanks for the images you posted! Got a gold divine staff at the Mirror of Lyss... off i go :laugh:

np

Added one more to the page.

shadow the hero
21-12-2006, 12:27
Are the special ritualist and assisin and paragon and dervish skills in the snowball arena already known? if so, post them here :P
Side step: Shadow step to random location and gain 50 health.

as for Ritualists they can summon a snow golem named "Snow jack" that works like a spirit

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 12:35
Does partying with Heroes and Henchman affect your drops from the chest?

FlintIronoak
21-12-2006, 12:40
Does partying with Heroes and Henchman affect your drops from the chest?

From the new - no key required chests? Nope not affect it.

Ora
21-12-2006, 12:51
On a sidenote: Be carefull when opening those chests. It's easy to miss the sapphires they sometimes drop.
You get no msg...
So better use the alt key and scan the area, if no gold item dropped for you :wink:

Darkest Vengeance
21-12-2006, 12:55
About the hats, I tried it, the only trouble is that some of these hats were dyable, and of course, if you delete one and craft another later, you won't get back the dye you used on the original....in the case of my mesmer's dragon hat : a black dye...

Besides, its a pain to have to go to the crafter, most of the time we used these hats wenever we felt like that (middle of a quest, while been run etc...) so now it will be like : " oh yeah let's use that funny hats I got last time so I look fun in the mission cutscene...erg, crap I have to go to the crafter for it..."

Overall it's not really a complain (I am happy all the new chars I made since we were able to buy slots will, now, be able to wear the old hats), but it could have been more practical to have a special bag for it, or a scroll menu in the "i" window to choose one event hat whenever you need it.

MStarfire
21-12-2006, 13:33
Dunno if this was posted, haven't read the whole thread. When you load a template, all the templates relevant to your character's profession are now at the TOP of the list, and not sorted alphabetically through the entire thing!

Sniperworm
21-12-2006, 13:34
While it wouldn't really solve having to go to the npc for a hat, it would be nice to buy one for Guild Halls.

zombiez8me
21-12-2006, 13:34
Grr. Stupid blizzard. I'm stuck at work in Colorado (God willing, only for another 12 hours, assuming other people can get here).

Stoked about the update. The hat guy is cool, I just wish I hadn't deleted my original pumpkin crown, santa hat, and antlers from last year to make space. Oh well.

Klaxus Sunfire
21-12-2006, 14:30
That looks like a silver boar scepter, and the rest of your post is either :O or made up ;)

My guildie and I found one of these too and I got a perfect gemstone axe and 2k and he got 2k and a perfect scythe, so this is very real. You can only use it once though. I just need to find the other locations for these as I am an avid treasure hunter. Nice scepter by the way!

The Dark Sisterhood
21-12-2006, 14:52
On the two characters I have opened the chests with, the best items I have found so far are -

A Sapphire
A Corsair Raiment with a Bloodstained Insignia
An Ancient Shield (Picture http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4598447&postcount=111)
A Desolation Maul
and an Ingneous Blade

jackwooly
21-12-2006, 15:03
That shield is VERY purdy :]

So far I've got:

A Gladius
Elonian Daggers
A Bleached Skull
A Ceremonial Cauldron
An Azure Recurve Bow
And about 10k in Gold

I luurrvvvvvvvv these chests.

DarkZeal
21-12-2006, 15:58
Bah. Too busy working. No that I have a comp that can run GW at home anyway. Hopefully the chests stay forever.

Stupidname
21-12-2006, 16:20
I got a bunch of junk I sold but came out with some nice Jaded Daggers I'm keeping.

SirSausage
21-12-2006, 16:21
Woo, Wintersday is here.
I got one more question, will there be collectors or candysmiths?
I hope so, because I suck at Snowballarena :angry:

Tranquilis
21-12-2006, 16:45
That looks like a silver boar scepter, and the rest of your post is either :O or made up ;)Leap to conclusions FTL. read the updates.

beldeti
21-12-2006, 17:22
From the new - no key required chests? Nope not affect it.

My Ranger got a monk rod from the Mirror of Lyssa area, Ruby Daggers from the Forum Highlands' Do Not Touch site, and a Zealous Sunburst Spear from where Balthazar's avatar is.

Off now to the Sulfurous Wastes, then it's back to my Paragon :)

Walks With Angels
21-12-2006, 17:43
I love these keyless chests, especially the one in the Highlands - that weird wall always intrigued me. :sunny:

Glacius Cool
21-12-2006, 19:14
Fixed a bug that caused some Necromancer minions in Nightfall to behave sluggishly.

Why is it that the ranged fiends are the only ones unnaffected by these bugs? The melee ones are completely retarded now!
I was doing a challenge mission last night after the fixes and found that I could kill off 2 corsairs(solo cause the hero/hench wouldn't follow) by the time the melee minions decided to take part in the carnage, whereas before I was lucky to get 1 adrenal skill off before it was dead. They aren't just sluggish now, they're just plain paralyzed now.

My hero's and henchies were a little sluggish too following me to different locations in that mission and it really pissed me off to have to keep calling the targets and watching them run off backwards to fight something that we skipped for time reasons.

It's the first challenge mission on the lower left of the map. I had a hard time getting to 65 kills in that one (the one with the guild lords) whereas the very first time I went in there with a MM (same makeup as I did last night) I got 124. The minions just wouldn't help out and the hero/hench's wouldn't focus no matter what I did.

Ora
21-12-2006, 22:24
On the two characters I have opened the chests with, the best items I have found so far are -

A Sapphire
A Corsair Raiment with a Bloodstained Insignia
An Ancient Shield (Picture http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4598447&postcount=111)
A Desolation Maul
and an Ingneous Blade

i found 2 of these shields so far, interestingly both from the chest in sulforous waste, 1 with r9 command, the other w r11 command.
Somehow their design reminds me of the movies "Return of the Mummy" and "The Scorpion King"

Fiora Grandbell
22-12-2006, 01:03
I got a pretty diamond aegis from the mirror of lyss, the stats aren't that great but I can always buy some mods for it. :cool: I don't even care if I get crappy golds, they'll just be chucked on weaponless heros, and my necromancer's wisdom title is getting closer to the 3rd tier. Plus I got a green fire wand fighting my way to the don't touch location in forum highlands.

BobTheTank
22-12-2006, 01:08
Is it weird, that in LA, all the Palm Trees are replaced by Pine Trees, but in Kamadan, the tropical fauna is just covered in snow?