PDA

View Full Version : fight botting at snowball arena.

genkaarl
27-12-2006, 17:23
Quite few of afkers I saw in snowball arena move once or twice during fight usually to top right corner of starting room, which probably is result of their program trying to click enter mission at its default location.

Report them here (http://www.guildwars.com/support/)
How you should report Bots to Anet (http://uk.support.plaync.com/cgi-bin/nceurope_eng.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4206&p_created=1148671280&p_sid=BqEcsbqi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MTQmcF9wcm9kcz02MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTE uNjAmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yZXBvc nQ*&p_li=&p_topview=1)

If you cant bother to report, atleast dont fight for them as its free faction/xp and possible cc shards/gamer points if you win.

If you can get opposing team to work together you can "jail" bot by leaving one player afk in opposing team so bot cant get to another snowball fight, unfortunately it means one who jails him wount neither, so should only used if hes going afk/sleep anyways. Ofcourse if both team have bots neither of teams should win the game, instead just leave bots there. :grin:

GuildWarsGirlAmy
27-12-2006, 17:48
That's such a sad thing to bot for. How pathetic.

Whipcream
27-12-2006, 18:13
When I was in the snowball arena I saw this all the time. More than once I had my whole team go AFK on me before because they got some method of auto-entering the mission for them.

I managed to get my Skillz title yesterday. After 100 games of stuff like this there is no way I am playing another 100 for the Pro Skillz title. :unimpressed:

genkaarl
27-12-2006, 21:17
That's such a sad thing to bot for. How pathetic.

yeah it is, but I guess its common because its so easy to do so.

Another thing I noticed is alot of these bots/afkers are low level characters so they are leveling their new char there.

Kakashi Chan
27-12-2006, 22:31
Exactly the reason why I'm wanting snowball arenas to have TA style grouping instead of RA style grouping, as well as GW to have an easier way to report people for doing such things.

Aksharack
27-12-2006, 23:06
I imagine that somewhere, late at night, 8 botters all hit enter battle. 8 empty avatars, like zombies, stare blankly out across the map. A thousand presents pile up in little sparkly drifts, unheeded. I am certain this vision has happened, and it give me glee to think about it.

genkaarl
28-12-2006, 11:46
Exactly the reason why I'm wanting snowball arenas to have TA style grouping instead of RA style grouping, as well as GW to have an easier way to report people for doing such things.

Yeah would like it more like TA too. Gms should check these arenas once in awhile. It's so common that finding bot wouldnt take more than minute and once word get out about gms banning bots it will drop amount of botting a lot.

If Anet is worrying about losing money they could just give 7-30 day bans and wipe out all titles and warning that next ban would be permanent.

Jo0Lz
28-12-2006, 12:34
I imagine that somewhere, late at night, 8 botters all hit enter battle. 8 empty avatars, like zombies, stare blankly out across the map. A thousand presents pile up in little sparkly drifts, unheeded. I am certain this vision has happened, and it give me glee to think about it.

Talk about your quality post :)

Monaghan
28-12-2006, 14:03

then I would really have zero chance of ever winning. as it is, I keep getting crappy teams up against far more organized teams. Ive yet to win a single match. it's like RA because it is supposed to be for fun and for people don't really PVP.

Whipcream
29-12-2006, 00:58
I don't know anyone very well in the game either, and am not very close to my guild at all. So I would still be stuck with random players.... but then going against well-organized guilds of people on teamspeak? <shudder> :scared:

ImSoToast
29-12-2006, 03:30
I know this can be a touchy subject and don't want to accuse anet of anything but have you checked out ebay and searched guild wars there yet?

There are people selling accounts, gold, and CHEAT guides lol. One is even selling bot programs to run for farming!

Greatest thing also is there is a disclaimer on every sellable gw item stating that by buying/bidding this item you are aggreeing that yhou are not an employee or affiliated with anet or ncsoft or their partners, ect......in any way lol on top of that the ******** say that you are buying their time spent on this stuff and not the actual account/guide/gold/weapon/ etc.....

****ING CREATIVE PEOPLE AND LOOPHOLES FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Spamhugger
29-12-2006, 14:37
So if I was AFK in the snowball arena right now because I am reading teh Guild Wars forums, would that bother anyone?

I'm just asking.

Therese Fireside
29-12-2006, 15:44
It'd bother me.
I don't like people who stand around and get something for nothing.
It bugs me even more whenever someone gets something for nothing at the expense of others.

By standing around AFK in a competition your hurting your team mates by not providing support and if they do manage to win you still get credit it for it too.

It takes a lot of energy to hate, but if I'm in a group with a leecher, I'll leave, and encourage my team mates to do the same.

No sense in working double overtime so you can get a free hand out.

Feannag
29-12-2006, 16:27
Same here. If you want to go AFK to read the forums, do it from town not the arenas.

Traynor Dragonblade
29-12-2006, 18:52
So if I was AFK in the snowball arena right now because I am reading teh Guild Wars forums, would that bother anyone?

I'm just asking.

I wouldn't believe ya.:wink: I would just say you were reading the Guild Wars Forums because you were AFK in the Snowball Arena and had nothing to do in between entering fights.

MasterNightfall
29-12-2006, 20:43
****ING CREATIVE PEOPLE AND LOOPHOLES FOR THE WIN!!!!!

None of those 'loopholes' would hold up in a court of law, but I'd love to see someone try.

"But officer, I was only selling the plastic wrapping! It's sheer accident that it contained drugs. And I've already said that I would not make such a sale to an afilliate of the police."

Dixx
30-12-2006, 09:34

That nearly happened to me, though it was mostly quitters. Two of my team quit immediately, and after a few seconds a third quit, so I was on my own. But I'd seen quit messages for the other team as well, so I looked across the arena and the only opponent present was someone I recognized as a chronic botter, who sure enough was just standing there. So, with the place to myself I started gathering up presents. I had scored 4 points for my Team Of One before another opponent logged in (that's a *really* bad connection). I killed him and then scored my final point. Strangest match I've ever played.

upier
30-12-2006, 11:12
That nearly happened to me, though it was mostly quitters. Two of my team quit immediately, and after a few seconds a third quit, so I was on my own. But I'd seen quit messages for the other team as well, so I looked across the arena and the only opponent present was someone I recognized as a chronic botter, who sure enough was just standing there. So, with the place to myself I started gathering up presents. I had scored 4 points for my Team Of One before another opponent logged in (that's a *really* bad connection). I killed him and then scored my final point. Strangest match I've ever played.
yep - reminds me of that lovely aspy fight we had. we log in and the kurzicks start dropping. timer goes to 0 - we warp, get the turtle and before we could reach the kurzicks portals outside the castle - we got a WIN message. didnt kill a single foe, didnt break down a single door.

minus the great
30-12-2006, 12:45

made me smile :rolleyes:

Tranquilis
05-01-2007, 20:05
Well, here's the the thing - with only four players on a team, if one is a 'bot, that team almost always loses, so what's the point of 'fixing' it? It's automatically self-limiting.

Me, I would NOT like to see "TA" style play in the snowball arena - that would remove all the fun from it, and guarantee I never went back. The charm of snowball arena is that I can go in and play a few rounds without any thought or preperation - it's relatively mindless fun. If I have to team up to play, then I have to deal with all the crud that comes with competitive PvP, and I don't want that.