PDA

View Full Version : January PvE Event Schedule

Barinthus
31-12-2006, 03:21
January will be our first run with the regular scheduled PvE Event concept. I'm very curious to see where we will go with this whole idea.

I've volunteered to help coordinate this. To me that means collecting suggestions from BaR guildies and post a schedule. I will definitely try to make it to every event but due to the real life, that is not always possible. I'm fortunate that my fellow comrades has volunteered to help out if need be and they happen to be available as well.

They are:
Barcardi the Cat
RazakVolcanis
tormentedangel
zelosjr

As of now, PvE Event will occur every Saturday at 6pm PST (9pm EST or 2am GMT). Meet at the guild hall to form up a group (or even two, who knows?). BaR members have first dibs on open spots - this is a priviledge accorded to the guild. However after 6:15pm PST, any remaining spots should be open to anybody who would like to join or to henchies/heroes. If you are interested, contact a BaR member who can help you contact the right person.

As a general rule of thumb, if you cannot commit to at least 3 hours of playing time, you perhaps should consider not coming out of courtsey for others. Also be prepared to do everything possible within that zone of the day (such as capping, a quick attempt at a green, and so on) but of course whoever are in the group can work out details such as those among themselves.

If you are interested in participating in any of those events, it is your responsibility to ensure your character completes all neccessary requirements (i.e. all desert missions in order to do Dragon's Lair) to participate by 6pm PST.

Without any further delay, here's the schedule.

January 6: The Last Day Dawns (Prophecies)
January 13: Raisu Palace (Factions)
January 20: Dragon's Lair (Prophecies)
January 27: Lornar's Pass-Dreadnaught's Drift-Snake's Dance (Prophecies)(Probably shouldn't view this as a run - more of an opportunity to explore, map, and cap skills, IMHO).

Well, let the game begin!

yhm
31-12-2006, 04:09
Should i sign up here, or you going to make a thread for each individual event?

Anyhow, I am going to grab the 1st spot of Dragon's Lair. Be bringing my messie.

- Panderus

Barinthus
31-12-2006, 04:45
The way I envisioned it - it'd be first come first serve thing. It seems to me it'd be a lot of hassle to try to honor /sign-ups since you never know last minute people might can't make it or whatever.

However, nothing wrong with expressing your interest and intentions of showing up :)

Starrs
01-01-2007, 19:19
I'm pretty sure I can make it to Raisu Palace in two weeks, so count me in for that. I'll also go on the Southern Shiverpeaks exploration event. In both cases I'll bring me warrior.

Barinthus
03-01-2007, 03:49
cool if i make it, for raisu my 'sin will be there. "drok run" - ranger

tormented angel
03-01-2007, 21:21
after we do all the events that is on january can we maybe do some missions that are by droks to get to ember light camp and then continue on to hells precipe since my monkie needs those and go for a quick cap in ember for those who still might need a couple elites

Barcardi The Cat
04-01-2007, 05:52
I can't make it to this sat event (stupid work) so you'll have to tell me all about how it went. How about someone take some screenies and do a thread documenting the event, like a newspaper report on the guild's events?

tormented angel
04-01-2007, 07:13
we should also go and finish up the titans quest or get some mebers of guild to get their first titans quest

RazakVolcanis
05-01-2007, 04:24
I can't be there this Saturday either. I've got to pack and move back to St. Louis. The Saturday afterwards will probably be more of the same as I then move back to college from home. I would, however, be available for the last two Saturdays of the month.

Additionally, I definitely second the request for doing the Titans quests as well.

Barinthus
07-01-2007, 03:51
PvE Event for Jan 6 - dropped because I was the only one who showed up for it and I didn't feel like trolling for 3 PuGers.

We'll try again for Raisu this Saturday and see how it goes.

tormented angel
08-01-2007, 00:05
i tried last night for the first of the event and not a word then again some of them were in pvp could be why but dunno,all i know is that some of these so called officers we have need to start getting together with the rest of use and see what we would like to do as a guild group i have done several of these guild events like going to mineral springs to cap titan quest or imp farm
went good for awhile then for some reason it stopped i had posted a droks fight and so far it is only barthinus and razak that wanted to do it so i stopped doing it then u come along barthinus and try as well im glad u are trying to get this guild together as a group but 1 or 2 officer's alone wont do it the other officers need to stand up and also take control and get together with the other officers and find a way out to get this all in motion so it doesnt stop but they wont do it for some reason u fan and i have tried to get this going fan will stop char development to help other ppl out i have tried to do this pve event as well and so are u us three alone cant do it and as of now im no longer an officer,but i will still help get this going the members as well need to get this going and yet we all dont we all used to be so talkitive on guild chat and in vent but now its well quiet as hell and something needs to be done about it if those other officers wont do it then damnit give me my title back so the other officers who actuall y care about were this guild is going can help make it better while those other so one scan stay in there little leet group and play with themself's while the rest of us make bar better cause i know it can get better but like said earlier 3 ppl cant do it alone :angry:

Barinthus
08-01-2007, 06:40
Well the way I see it - we can't expect everybody to do whatever we want them to do. I just wanted to offer a regular PvE activity we can do together as a guild but it is everybody's prerogative to show up or not and I respect their decision. Sometimes they may want to show up but can't come due to various reasons.

If at least three guildies (including me) show up, I'm happy - we can just fill up the rest of spots with henchies, heroes, and/or friends.

Quintus Antonius
08-01-2007, 14:32
I've tried in the past to set up "nights", and no one ever comes. People will post that they want to come, but then don't and when you ask, are doing other things.

So when Barinthus offered to run PvE nights, I was both grateful and relieved. He is an officer, and he is making strides to connect. It's not his fault no one shows up. Obviously, I didn't go, but then again, I never made any commitments or pretended to want to go. I think people who sign up for things should show up for things, whether that's GvG on Friday nights, or PvE when Barinthus sets it up. It's just common courtesy.

tormented angel
08-01-2007, 20:24
im glad that he is trying to get ppl together in bar to do guild groups im not saying we need to force them to do this i understand that if your busy your busy but its just that there must be some kind of way to get everyone together and play as a guild instead of running off into pugs or hero/hench i have tried as well to set up pve nights awhile back it ran for awhile but then it just died away on saturday when it was the first day i asked and no response and instead we ran off into mineral springs i considered that a guild pve project since we were all together its just that we need to maybe all make a meeting officers member and leader be present so we can find a way to get together more

Quintus Antonius
08-01-2007, 22:37
Well, sorry, but I'm not going to sacrafice my grades or social life to be at every guild event for things I have no interest in doing. It's easy to check the forums all the time, but it's almost impossible for me to dedicate the time to some of the PvE projects. That's one reason I do PvP more nowandays, I don't have time to dedicate to longer PvE outtings.

I actually do an awful lot with the guild when I can. But I can't always be at every event. Every time I'm on I ask if there is anything I can do to help people, and no one ever responds. Or they are already doing things.

There is a lot of interaction between members in the guild. Whenever I'm on two or three members are almost always doing things together. I say be happy with what we have, and don't try to force people into anything more.

However, if you sign up for an event, I think you should be there (not talking about "you" Dan, I mean "you" generally). Lack of commitment to things seems to be the biggest problem, and I feel bad for Barinthus that his PvE night didn't go over that well. Don't feel too bad though, my PvP nights are almost always empty, and when I try to encourage people to try PvP, all I get is "recruit more PvPers".

Overall though, people are happy with the guild, and I don't see a reason to rock the boat just so I can get a full group once and awhile.

Let's just give this some time before we just give up on it completely. My advice is advertise more. Make annoucements, both in-game, and here on the forums. We can't expect things to just automatically work. Successful ventures take effort. I didn't just start Blade and Rose and automatically become a huge well-known guild. It took over two years. Point is, if it took me two years of work to get this guild where it is now, we can't expect things to just work without some work ourselves.

I say keep it up Barinthus. You may have some crappy nights, but people will get used to it and more and more will show up.

yhm
08-01-2007, 23:03
Sign my warrior up for raisu palace. She beat unwaking water couple days ago and now ready to fight shi'roken in the palace. :afro:

Just make sure we have enough monks because her mending < silver armor. :laugh:

-- Panderus

JustStuit
08-01-2007, 23:06
I don't think it needs to be only officers that schedule these things. I've tried a couple, but I mostly pvp and not many people do that on a regular basis. Also, I think the guild announcement in game should be utilized so that a lot more people are exposed to the events. If they keep seeing new events, they will be likely to join some. This will also get the non-GWO active players.

zelosjr
08-01-2007, 23:30
"and when I try to encourage people to try PvP, all I get is "recruit more PvPers"."

Anthony, when you say that, most people who don't like PvP, or have never tried it, just ignore it. You get people like me and Stu and prince who ask you to recruit more PvPers.

Quintus Antonius
09-01-2007, 00:45
We are going to do some master's missions in Cantha tonight at 10 Eastern. It's a spontaneous thing, just planned tonight, so if you can't make it, no biggie. But if you want to come, we'd love to have you.

Barinthus
09-01-2007, 01:22
I say keep it up Barinthus. You may have some crappy nights, but people will get used to it and more and more will show up.

Nah - don't worry, I don't give up easily :). I'm sure after a while we will figure out what works since some of guildies seem geninuely interested. Also, it is my hope that in time the word will spread out and generate interest from players outside the guild.

That way should we open our guild up for recruitment, it'll be easier to recruit since we would have gotten to know few folks through this activity.

EDIT: By the way I forgot to mention that I appreciate that some of us took time to post that they couldn't make it. :thumbsup:

Quintus Antonius
09-01-2007, 04:09
Tomorrow night at 10 EST, we will be continuing our attempt at masters in Cantha with Sunjiang District. Anyone is welcome.

Barcardi The Cat
09-01-2007, 09:08
Tomorrow night.....sorry I'm a bit dozy at the mo. Is that tomorrow as in tuesday night or tomorrow as in wendsday night? Because of our time difference I'm not sure which one you mean.
If it's wendsday count me in (day off work ftw) but if it's tuesday night I'm afraid I'll have to pass as I have a very longg night at work (around 16 hours counting in my union duties).
Off that subject onto another I'm off work staurday night so count me in for the next pve meeting. As I've said before because I work a rota at work I'l never be able to make every single one of the meetings and knowing my luck the ones I do make will be for things I've already done but I will come when I'm off. I won't come because I need certain quests or missions, I'll come because I enjoy spending time with my guildies and doing things in a group with them. As certain people know I have put aside large amounts of my playing time to help guildies and usually it has no benefit for me other than a few nice drops and the chance to spend time with my friends.
Saying that I hope it is wendsday night as that mission is one of the three I need to get for my protector's title so it would be very very nice if I could make it.

Quintus Antonius
09-01-2007, 14:02
It's Tuesday night, but if you need it, we can always do it again.

Barinthus
09-01-2007, 18:12
I'm usually always glad to help out a fellow guildie although right now I'm trying to complete all wintersday quests before they expire.

tormented angel
09-01-2007, 19:21
well if its tuesday or wednesday for the mish count me in just let me know what char u need and then i will go back again on weddesday and we can help fan with it

Dallcingi
11-01-2007, 01:15
We should do the elite skill capping event! =D

Quintus Antonius
11-01-2007, 01:28
Arborstone Mission Masters attempt tonight at 10, just to remind or inform.

Quintus Antonius
11-01-2007, 16:23
Tonight will be Eternal Grove Master's attempt for anyone who wants to come. 10 Eastern as usual.

tormented angel
12-01-2007, 03:16
i say we get together and do urgoz warren all we need is pretty much trapers
a nuker a rit 2 or 3 monkies and a bip necro and we can run that ***** like no other will take a couple of hours so only come if u can do the whole thing
if there's any other team build out there we can try that since not to many ppl have rangers oh and a mm will be good in there maybe make it for a febuary event

zelosjr
12-01-2007, 03:18
That's a good idea, But you'd have to own a town, as last time I checked, BaR had less than 10k faction.

tormented angel
12-01-2007, 05:28
dont need to own a town u get a person who does and they ferrie u some charge others tip or free just stand in hzh and u can spot some of them

Barcardi The Cat
12-01-2007, 21:38
Just to comfirm I will be there on sat to do the mission. Maybe if we quick through it we can go onto another one maybe. I need 3 more canthan missions for protector so maybe we can nip down to the hachtery or something afterwards?

yhm
12-01-2007, 21:43
I believe some of the guildies still need more luxon faction to unlock gyala. Therefore, I suggest we could do gyala on sometime next week.

-- Panderus

Starrs
12-01-2007, 21:57
What time are we doing Raisu Palace tomorrow night? I have to be into work for 11pm EST, so starting the mission around 10 means I might not be able to participate. Just giving a head's up, though I'll try to make it.

Barcardi The Cat
12-01-2007, 22:28
Yeah next week would work well for me I think. It would give me time to get some luxon faction together to get a couple more charcaters, monk and ranger, through to the luxon side. What the fastest way to earn luxon faction? Is it doing the quests or aspenwood or what?
On the other mater of time I'd be fine holding out for another hour. I'll be on all night so no differnce to me and it would be nice to have you along :wink: It's a fast mission when it's done right so would an hour inconvience anyone eles too much?

Barinthus
13-01-2007, 22:03
Starrs - its 6pm PST

It looks like I should be able to make it.

Fan, sure when we're done, we can talk about do whatever else.

Barinthus
14-01-2007, 07:11
It was a full guild party tonight at Raisu Palace with the exception of one henchie - Sister Tai. We finished Raisu and decided to do Imperial Sanctum. Thanks to everybody who came.

Sorry, no screenies of Raisu but I did take few of Imperial one.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7676/gw228di4.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw228di4.jpg)
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7676/gw228di4.jpg

As best I can figure - from left to right are: Fan Tasy; Spider Skills; ???; Oras Bladeguardian; ????; Zakga Kuttanti; ????

Help me identify which warriors are, please.

And the finale...
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9353/gw232mm4.th.jpg (http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw232mm4.jpg)
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9353/gw232mm4.jpg

Again, many thanks for coming! It was a lot of fun.

tormented angel
14-01-2007, 07:55
i was freya and pandarus was the other warrior,i had the grotto mixed with kurzick armor pan had the primeval armor

Barcardi The Cat
14-01-2007, 09:38
Muhahaha do I stick in the mind or what? Only joking, we had the conversation about names and because most of mine start with Fan I'm easy to remember.
We really rocked in both missions and a big well done to everyone , not jut for the fighting but also for showing up. It's fun and a great sense of 'guildness' when we all get together.
I also got my new pet phoenix for Fan that I've been meaning to get for a while now. Now I've just got to think of a name for her.

yhm
14-01-2007, 18:13
for same reason, the first image doesn't load for me.:huh:

Yea. Good jod, especially when we survived after that cutscene.:cool:

-- Panderus

Durza the Shadeking
15-01-2007, 04:22
Man, my face doesn't even show in the picture. :rolleyes:

Quintus Antonius
16-01-2007, 22:22
I will be attempting Titan Source tonight around 9PM Eastern. I would like to have three humans to accompany me if possible, but anyone who wants to come is welcome. I attempted it with heroes earlier and failed miserably.

tormented angel
16-01-2007, 23:25
if its the one in mineral springs that one was easy did it with hero's/hench
but if im not busy getting my war through nf i will join u on it sinc esome chars need it as well

Quintus Antonius
17-01-2007, 00:42
Nope, it's the last one in Dragon's Gullet.

Barinthus
17-01-2007, 02:52
Man, my face doesn't even show in the picture. :rolleyes:

Is this better? ;) I was going to post but didnt have time until now.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1541/gw231rz7.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw231rz7.jpg)
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw231rz7.jpg

Capes of BaR...
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4545/gw223lj7.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw223lj7.jpg)
http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw223lj7.jpg

soulwar
17-01-2007, 05:15
I killed Glint with a PUG.

[img=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8955/glintpwnedlw9.th.png] (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glintpwnedlw9.png)

Darn, I hate it when I don't have Photoshop around. Oh well, paint makes it funnier.

Barinthus
17-01-2007, 08:19
I killed Glint with a PUG.

[img=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8955/glintpwnedlw9.th.png] (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glintpwnedlw9.png)

Darn, I hate it when I don't have Photoshop around. Oh well, paint makes it funnier.

LoL yeah I did it with PUGs on my ranger and necro. I'm kinda of tired of finding that "right" PUG group, although.

Quintus Antonius
17-01-2007, 14:31
First time I killed Glint was with Germanus and henchmen. For an interruption mesmer and a nuker, Glint isn't that hard.

Barcardi The Cat
17-01-2007, 16:28
Sorry peeps I can't make the mission tonight or on saturday. I'm off thursday night though if anyone wants to party on down with me.

tormented angel
17-01-2007, 19:23
well im almost done with nf on warrior got to bone palace last night and im 20 away from a full set of primevel armor i just need some help on the missions in the vortex i would use hero's/hench but in that place i would rather use reall ppl so maybe tonight around 9 or 10 we could do a mish in vortex depending on how many ppl are on in guild if there's not alot no worries i'll pug it since pugs arent as bad as u make them out to be

Barinthus
18-01-2007, 01:18
First time I killed Glint was with Germanus and henchmen. For an interruption mesmer and a nuker, Glint isn't that hard.

Yep it all takes a good interrupter or two and smart players who know when to attack and when not to attack.

soulwar
18-01-2007, 01:19
*Spams ctrl+clicking crystal hibernation activiation thingy*

Barinthus
20-01-2007, 22:30
It looks like I will not be able to make it to the PvE event tonight :-/

I do encourage the rest of you continue tonite. If you do, do let us know how it turned out.

Quintus Antonius
21-01-2007, 05:21
We decided to do Gate of Madness instead. No one really wanted to kill Glint, and some guildmates needed Gate of Madness.

Barcardi The Cat
21-01-2007, 08:24
If you guys ever need an extra hand and you see me on just give me a pm. If you want me to that is?

Barinthus
21-01-2007, 20:18
We decided to do Gate of Madness instead. No one really wanted to kill Glint, and some guildmates needed Gate of Madness.

That's alright. I'm glad you guys did something although. :)

Fan - likewise

Quintus Antonius
21-01-2007, 22:34
Yeah we ran into the GWO guild there. I told them that they are free to join us anytime they see an event we are doing and might want to come.

dbf
23-01-2007, 22:06
This weekend is triple green drops from Canthan bosses, if anyone wants to go boss hunting in Cantha I'd be happy to join you.

I love these weekends:smiley:

Chan Kwok Kuen
23-01-2007, 23:54
This weekend is triple green drops from Canthan bosses, if anyone wants to go boss hunting in Cantha I'd be happy to join you.

I love these weekends:smiley:
Sounds like a plan. Triple drops means 3 times as likely or they drop 3 weapons at a time?

dbf
24-01-2007, 01:04
3 times as likely for a green to drop from a Canthan boss.