PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal/Against the EULA?

Harshateja
11-01-2007, 03:06
Is it legal/against the EULA to use a vent/ts overlay? It doesn't interact with the game at all but instead just modifies Directx to allow for text to appear on the screen - so technically its not even a mod because it has no connections with the game. HOwever, I was wondering if this could get me banned or not.

maina
11-01-2007, 03:18
Hiya,

No. I'm too lazy to search but this was brought up in another post. Gaile posted several times in that thread. Vent and ts are ok. The original collectors edition came with a headset and CD for one of them. They frown on bots, and anything that actually "interacts" with the game.

Hope that helps, some one will probably post a link to the thread soon anyway :wink:

Maina

Tiyuri
11-01-2007, 03:20
No it's not, and can you link to the overlay you're using? :)

Harshateja
11-01-2007, 03:26
No it's not, and can you link to the overlay you're using? :)

Need a mod approval first but just google "ventrilo overlay" and find the one compatible for Guild Wars.

Tiyuri
11-01-2007, 04:03
Need a mod approval first but just google "ventrilo overlay" and find the one compatible for Guild Wars.

Found it, that's a pretty nice one right there :)

Aiiane
11-01-2007, 04:05
I'm assuming you're referring to http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms/ ?

Going to go ahead and move this to the Tools and Resources forum.

Kailden Jera
15-01-2007, 14:21
I searched the original site but i can't understand what this program does.

Can someone explain to me what a Voice Overlay does? If it's what i'm thinking then i'm defenatly going to use it, but i first need to know what it does.