PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming tweaks to HA?

Valerria
16-01-2007, 02:44
Did anyone read this on the official site?

Rumors are circulating that the winds of change are coming. More to the point, the Priests of Balthazar will be making a variety of changes to Heroes' Ascent within the next few weeks. Upon further investigation, I have found these rumors to be true, and in turn, I have acquired a few details from high-ranking Priests of my acquaintance. While the priests won't provide specific information on the proposed alterations, they assure me their ideas will be open to discussion.

In the past, the priests spent a great deal of time observing potential problems and shortcomings of Heroes' Ascent before acting,. This time, however, the priests will enact their plan temporarily at first—on a test basis, if you will—to gauge the response from intrepid adventurers. Combatants are encouraged to discuss the changes and, in turn, help guide the Priests of Balthazar to their final verdict. This will allow citizens to preview and critique the current state of affairs before such alterations are set in stone, which is sure to please many who have desired to have a greater impact on such matters.

I hope they bring back 6-way FFA, or maybe have random skill shuffles mid-fight or something.

Parker Bsb
16-01-2007, 04:07
As has been stated by many. NOT changing back to 8v8 before making these sweeping changes (note the skepticism - sorry but after last "map changes" I wouldn't expect too much...) is a huge mistake, 6v6 is far more gimmic than 8v8 ever was.

I really hope they listen to the community rather than sticking with the 6v6 format. It takes a big person to admit they are wrong, it'd be nice for anet to finally admit it.

ImSoToast
16-01-2007, 12:04
6 way ffa with 6 player teams? Honestly 3 way ffa with 6 player teams is bad enough, so no thx.

Ya Parker after all the hype and glorified adverstising of how the 6 player teams and the exciting map changes were going to save ha, I am very very pessimistic about any new changes they do.

Ranger Nietzsche
16-01-2007, 19:39
6 man is nowhere near as gimmick as 8 man.

thats why it sucks

gimmick FTW!!!!!

but thats the wrong thread

teh HA changes will be welcome I am sure...I'm betting that there will be a new altar capping mechanic ^^ seems like the most glaring thing about halls

manbearpig
16-01-2007, 21:12
Scarred earth REALLY has to be changed.

Darknicrofia
17-01-2007, 00:51
remember the days of when id1 tombs used to be impossible to get into? where everyone in id1 knew each other and group forming between friends were fun?

those days have come and gone, the good HA players have all but left the HA scene forever, HA has become a place to kill time until more players get on for serious pvp, aka GvG. Honestly, even IF Anet's changes HA back to 8v8, I doubt it would rekindle the populartiy that the old Tombs had.

Lets face it, most of the people that still play HA are those trying to farm their last fame points for rank 12, or new players who got enough of AB/RA/TA and wants shiny new emotes by means of playing RaO, SF, Jagged way, Steady Stance builds.

R.I.P Tomb of Primeval Kings

ImSoToast
17-01-2007, 18:37
6 man is nowhere near as gimmick as 8 man.

thats why it sucks

gimmick FTW!!!!!

but thats the wrong thread

teh HA changes will be welcome I am sure...I'm betting that there will be a new altar capping mechanic ^^ seems like the most glaring thing about halls

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Are you serious? 6 man teams Ha is more gimmicky than 8 man ever was. Hm... 8 man: iway, vim (way) bspike and few others, 6 man: spirit spam, spritit spam , spriti spam, spriti spam, JAGGED HORRORS, spirit spam, spirit spam, oh **** FEAR ME, spirit spam, spirit spam

You are absolutely correct 6 man Ha has absolutely no gimmick builds and thats why we all complain about it.

**** right now I would rather have heroway back, at least people used different/weird builds outside of searing flames with heroway. Now its almost a miracle if you are not fighting spirit spam of some sort in Ha.

Ranger Nietzsche
17-01-2007, 18:48
ummm FYI...when something like spirit spam becomes meta game...its no longer Gimmick now is it?

You want different/weird builds. Well where I come from those different/weird builds get called gimmick.

In 6 man you can only run 5 different builds and variations on them. Thats not gimmicky.

And in case you were thinking it, 3 monk backlines don't count as different/weird. Running a 6 man team with 0 monks actually is.

lifeinthefridge
17-01-2007, 19:37
remember the days of when id1 tombs used to be impossible to get into? where everyone in id1 knew each other and group forming between friends were fun?

those days have come and gone, the good HA players have all but left the HA scene forever, HA has become a place to kill time until more players get on for serious pvp, aka GvG. Honestly, even IF Anet's changes HA back to 8v8, I doubt it would rekindle the populartiy that the old Tombs had.

Lets face it, most of the people that still play HA are those trying to farm their last fame points for rank 12, or new players who got enough of AB/RA/TA and wants shiny new emotes by means of playing RaO, SF, Jagged way, Steady Stance builds.

R.I.P Tomb of Primeval Kings

uhhm in a way I dont see what your talking about... if theres an incentive to go there even if most players are new it doesnt mean it cant become as popular rember double fame weekend an incentive to do it mabye....