10-02-2007, 23:44
Pressure
The
Crap
Out
Of
Them

http://gwshack.us/15e45

this is mainly to cause extreme damage and will be better after the buffs/nerfs are finished and skills such as beguiling haze and rend are much better. Post all the critisism you want :wink:

halfthought
11-02-2007, 04:28
it might work...... but I'd like to see it in action. My main complaint is I would remove the mirror, I dont see a mesmer pulling a 25 energy cast.

and im assuming this build fails if VOD happens, considering you lack gank defense or a ganker

melandrus elite
11-02-2007, 05:03
Just modified...A LOT
-now has split spike control
-more hex removal
-better shutdown
-more damage
-a split warrior
-a hard res

Shadowleaf
11-02-2007, 07:08
If I were you, I'd use a Paragon instead of the Pack Hunter. RaO builds pretty much require that you build around them; having corpse exploitation mainly. Otherwise, the enemy team can easily shut down your RaO character by DPing out the Pet, especially if there's only one RaO character.

Actually, I would not even use a Paragon, because right now the only viable use for a Paragon in a pure pressure build is to assist other physical character damage while dealing damage itself (powering energy spear attacks with adrenal shouts + leadership)

With two hexers, there's not much reason to use a Paragon unless Motivation gets some nice buffs.

I think another hexer would be nice as well because the Water/Dom Mesmer doesn't look like it would provide enough cover hexing for the Migraine Mesmer.

I think you'd do best with one of several Curses elites... Depravity and Wither would be really nice for magnifying all the other pressure. A nice Wither bar with Wither, Mind Wrack, and Malaise would be pretty nice... That hexer should bring Mantra of Inscriptions + Signet of Humility to disable Divert Hexes or Blessed Light. Worst case scenario, the enemy has two anti-hex characters and the Migraine shuts down one while this character shuts down the other. Even if they had 3 (eg. Divert Hexes, Convert on a midline and Purge on the other Monk) you've got Diversion on the other Mesmer.

Also, I can't help wondering if the Assassin will have enough energy because of Haze's high energy cost. If you're counting on a buff to that, I'd suggest changing the build to something currently workable. Keep in mind that if you put in another Hexer like I suggested, you can always have a hex on foes, so the sin can use Black Lotus Strike to regain energy and do almost any dagger combo after that.

Another minor note: I suggest changing Tiger Stance to either Frenzy or Flail. Flail is good on Hammer Warriors who are... too cowardly... to use Frenzy. Flail is awesome on Hammer because they won't be moving while you're using it, obviously. :P

Dogbert
11-02-2007, 13:55
I'm pretty sure rampage as one doesn't work anymore. I tried it in the arenas and it was much much too energy intensive now.

melandrus elite
11-02-2007, 20:31
I'm pretty sure rampage as one doesn't work anymore. I tried it in the arenas and it was much much too energy intensive now.

Wrong I'm sure in the arenas it didn't work but GvG isn't anything like arenas, thats like saying "i'm sure necrospike doesnt work because i couldnt do it in the arena" Also I was planning on using Full energy equipment on the sin for 40e and zealous weps Tiger stance is superior to frenzy and flail because it doesnt hinder your movement or leave you open for a really easy spike. I actually do think I'm switching the R/P to the new starburster I saw on this forum.

Oh ya necros are the worst class at GvG imo shadowleaf.

Ace Bear
11-02-2007, 21:14
Pressure comes in many forms. Degen, energy denial, and just alot of damage. You definitely aren't degen, you have 2 hexes that cause degen and 4 skills that cause condition degen(I have seen more on a spike team). No real amount of energy denial. And consistent damage comes from the War and Ranger. Why do you have an Assassin setup for spiking in a pressure build that doesn't have anyone else that can spike with him?

If you want to have high degen/damage with spear skills I suggest Soldier's Fury on a primary Paragon and use a couple easy to recharge shouts. Such as:
Soldier's Fury
Anthem of Flame
"Watch yourself"
Barbed Spear
Blazing Spear
Vicious Attack
Burning Refrain
sig of Return
3 stats to spread attributes apart, that build gives you alot more pressure ability and a little defense to.

Also you have 6 hexes all except one have at least 10 second recharge or more. This causes jack for pressure. Holy veil will remove 2 of the most dangerous hexes(Migraine and Blurred most likely) and since you have one cover hex(that costs alot) you won't keep your hexes on at all. Either change them to Rangers or something similar with alot of condition applications/interupts or give them more hexes with low cost and better recharge and some good energy management as well(water attunement for 2 skills one of which has a 20 second recharge is a waste). Also in that way you would need to change the Par to a Necro for overwhelm hexes and defensive hexes.

Kill the Assassin, he can't do pressure damage and I would suggest a Dragon Slash War that uses Sever Artey, Gash, Dragon slash, Heal sig, and whatever else ya want. I would keep the Hammer war because of pressure it applies but get rid of Heavy Blow. It relys on Weakness to work which will be removed once they see you need it to damage. Take Hammer Bash, does the same thing just less damage(that you wouldn't have been able to hit with anyway). And personally, if you aren't going the condition pressure I talked about, you should go Earthshaker for knocking down whole groups instead of just one person.

Gift of Health takes out all other Healing skills for 8 seconds as you got it. What if they spike during those 8 seconds? How will you infuse then? Take gift out and put in orison or something. Your runner has Aegis...no one else has Aegis, meaning it will be up for 11 seconds(that is only with +20% enchant) out of 30 AND your runner won't be near your group for alot of that time to use Aegis. That skill should be removed and replaced(Extinguish is nice, especially since you don't have alot of condition removal).

melandrus elite
11-02-2007, 21:40
Changed the assassin now for a much more effective Caster Killa. He now is listed in the "Hello my name is Bob! I deal an insane amount of damage." Category. Thanks for the monk help because I had overlooked infuse and GoH being on the same bar. Also I did notice extinguish would be better. This build now works a lot more smoothly and deals a TON of damage very quickly along with shutting down with diversion and -8 degen from the migraine. And I think heavy blow is good as the other monk should have The migrane mes and sin on him while the monk the warrior is attacking can not get up for more than 1/2 second at a time (I tested it).

Shadowleaf
12-02-2007, 01:39
Wow so just because I suggested using a Necro hexer, and you think "Necros suck in GvG" you won't consider my suggestions.

Nevermind. I will simply allow you to fail.

melandrus elite
12-02-2007, 02:47
I didn't say I wont consider your suggestions.
I said 'Necros are the worst class for gvg' ask many people, because it's true wither hit the nerfbat and frenzy leaves me open to attack but I took your advice on the sin xD.

R A N D O M
12-02-2007, 04:24
there is no "worst" class in gvg, all professions in GW have their strengths and weakness and they are all effective at what they do when they're played well...
as for pressure builds...i always felt it was better if you concentrated on one form of degen pressure, either hexes or conditions. If you only have conditions then any hex-removal skills your opponent brings are useless and if you only have hexes then all their condition-removal skills are useless. So you're playing with a full skill-bar and they aren't, you're making them play on your terms. If you really want to run pressure i'd suggest one of two things:
1. Hex: 2 wars, 3 hexers (illusion mes, curse/blood nec, scourge monk, water ele, reapers nec, etc...)
2. Condition: 2 wars, 3 condtions (apply, taint, melandrus, barbed, etc...) or reverse it and go 3 and 2

Deford
12-02-2007, 08:12
Ok, here are my points:

1) Not enough cover hexes/overload to put a migraine in the build. A standard balance has just enough hex removal to deal with the number of hexes your build is capable of putting out and that is not where you are.

2) Back to the hexes, I take it you feel that throwing a migraine and a lot of interupts on the bar lets him pressure the enemy team. Problem is that as soon as the migraine gets ripped, and it will get ripped quite quickly, you are stuck with a bar full of interupts and may not see something that you can intelligently interupt.

3) It's hard to choose where to start with your ele, I'll start off with saying don't try to run a starburst ele like that and finish with saying that aura of restoration isn't really usefull in gvg. That way I've been polite and given constructive feedback but you know what I mean.

4) Lack of run speed on the warrior, also I suspect that you'll run into energy problems with iron palm on a hammer warrior.

5) This build has only the one deep freeze as a snare/ anti-kiting tool. Good luck pressuring a team when they're constantly kiting arround your assasin and warrior.

6) We still have a somewhat spike meta, do not wear superior runes unless you can completely justify it. In a build like this I can't see how you could justify as it you have very little in the way of spike shutdown. As it is right now shame/gale the infuser and gg.

7) Glyph of lesser can not power that mes/ele bar on its own (Drain is a net loss of 2 energy)

8) Only 2 veils and a blessed light on a build that doesn't look like it can split (well), hex builds are popular again and if you can't split that leaves fighting at the stand as your only option. You can't beat a hex team at the stand unless you pack some nuclear weapons like Purge Signet (weapon swap first), convert hexes, or divert hexes.

9) Lack of a draw conditions or something of that ilk. Backline monks should not be given the job of scrubbing warriors constanty. As soon as you run into a blindbot they will run themselves empty trying to keep the warriors clean and your team will collapse. That or they save the team and you don't kill anything.

10) Your infuser lacks a reflexive self prot, something like spirit bond would give him a lot more survivability. As it is right now, that spot is a glaring weakness in your build and it's one of the first spots opposing teams will check.

I limited myself to 10. I will say what I tell most people who try to make builds like this: "Steal a build, skill for skill, from a team you like to watch on observer and learn not only how it works, but why it works. Once you can understand the interaction of every skill in it, then you can try and make your own build. If you try to make a unique build before doing this, you will just hold yourself back."

Wuzzman
12-02-2007, 22:53
I would put gift of health

Parker Bsb
13-02-2007, 00:41
Ok I think Deford hit most major points, and for the record N/Mo's are still a really solid addition to any team but that's neither here nor there.

First off you have to decide what your build wants to do - currently you've got
1 pressure character
1 phyical spiker
1 interruption mes
1 shutdown ele (?)
and an AoE ele.

If you want to pressure a team ideally you want to focus on one or two types of pressure and overload them with that (notice the 3-4 derv/war teams rampant?). You have to many different

Once you've came up with a theme for your build only focus on enhancing that pressure (damage or edenial whatever) and eliminating counters to that pressure.

I realize that's a pretty vague post but it's really hard to see any sort of synergy between your team.

One thing I will suggest - if you want shutdown:
Me/X
Dom=10+1
Insp=10+1+1
Fas=11+1
Mantra of Recovery
Diversion
Shame
Signet of Humility
Power Drain
Blank
Blank
Blank

Drain is mainly used for emanagement with multiple aegis' floating around it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to keep their energy up sufficiently. The blank slots should be used to help fill a gap (ie: multiple phyical attackers - bring draw condition).

melandrus elite
13-02-2007, 00:56
1) Not enough cover hexes/overload to put a migraine in the build. A standard balance has just enough hex removal to deal with the number of hexes your build is capable of putting out and that is not where you are.

3) It's hard to choose where to start with your ele, I'll start off with saying don't try to run a starburst ele like that and finish with saying that aura of restoration isn't really usefull in gvg. That way I've been polite and given constructive feedback but you know what I mean.

4) Lack of run speed on the warrior, also I suspect that you'll run into energy problems with iron palm on a hammer warrior.

5) This build has only the one deep freeze as a snare/ anti-kiting tool. Good luck pressuring a team when they're constantly kiting arround your assasin and warrior.

7) Glyph of lesser can not power that mes/ele bar on its own (Drain is a net loss of 2 energy)

"Steal a build, skill for skill, from a team you like to watch on observer and learn not only how it works, but why it works.

1) hence the reason I put on Shroud of silence, to stop one monk from removing hexes, and yes I do realize purge sig would be very good on the other team gainst my build, but back to the topic If that is on one monk the other should be migrained/interupted so he cannot remove. This is counting on the warrior and sin to spike down 1 monk and then finish the second or vice-versa.
3)Read the bottom comment ele and warrior should split to gank. I am not ganking on a team without bringing a self heal. The ele is there to quickly help out in the first few minutes and then split to gank with the warrior.
4)Build up adrenaline on a staitionary target use a zealous wep DH>FB>HB>CB>IP and I still have enough energy to spare, berfore I zealous it back up.
5)name=KD war let me play you on your monk and see how long you can stand up to kite me.
7 Glyph is fine (another bar tested in a scrimmage, I did not use PTCOOT but just switched it in for a FC blind bot, and drain is a low energy enchant removal for P spirit.
ONE of my frontline builds have been 'stolen' from this very forum, but I make sure the other ones work In Scrimmages and Unrated battles.
PS The comments I did not mention I am going to take into heavier consideration.
PSS I do have gift of health
PSSS shutdown mes

Parker Bsb
13-02-2007, 01:00
Quick responce to your last post (your comment #1) - everything looks great on paper; it doesn't work that way in real 8v8 matches.

BTW how do you count on the war to spike if he's off ganking a base?

Wuzzman
13-02-2007, 01:05
opps I mean I put gift of health on that ZB monk.

melandrus elite
13-02-2007, 01:57
Parker the warroir and assassin are supposed to gank a little bit not to enialate all the archers and such. He is supposed to start as a normal warrior and gank once you have killed off a few and come back if the main group is having trouble winning at the flag.
PS I guess obsidian flame spike doesn't count as 8v8, because I completely pwned them.

R A N D O M
13-02-2007, 04:49
obs spike doesn't count...
ok, your numbered responses to deford aren't worth adressing for one simple reason...you have no way of removing conditions off your frontline other then your monks, that plus your lack of speed buffs (kiting ftw)= good luck. If you force your monks to remove all the conditions off your frontline your monks are gonna be dead energy-wise, not to mention dragged forward by your frontline, and then you're gonna have have a hard time keeping yourself alive (drained and over-extended monks ftl) and then it won't matter how you coordinate hexes against their monks because they'll just be kitting and you're frontline will be limping along crippled and blind...so add a draw and some speed buffs and then argue with deford

Parker Bsb
13-02-2007, 19:11
Parker the warroir and assassin are supposed to gank a little bit not to enialate all the archers and such. He is supposed to start as a normal warrior and gank once you have killed off a few and come back if the main group is having trouble winning at the flag.
PS I guess obsidian flame spike doesn't count as 8v8, because I completely pwned them.

The strategy is flawed, why would you worry about killing a few NPC's if you aer winning at the stand - press the advantage and soon your whole team will be in their base killing their dudes.

There's no sense in wasting time with no run boost running back around to their back entrance, to pick off one or 2 NPC's.

Secondly: Hammer warriors FTL when ganking, I'd suggest either re-working the sassy to be able to solo by himself (easy to do), or if you insist on a 2/6 team change the warrior to something more capable of soloing (YAA sword, YAA Axe - these still work GREAT at the stand, Burning ranger, Mindshock ele... are just a few that come to mind).

If you are playing for VoD then you really want to hone that tactic and include more defence on the flag team, and leave the 2 man gank to start ganking right at the start of the match.

http://gwshack.us/56e76 (http://gwshack.us/56e76)

Here's some gankers that I've tried and know they work very well - note the sassy can go shadow refuge rather than restful, but I find restful makes the heals between ganks much faster.

As for the OF comment - I watched a guild (IQ maybe... I forget) beat some pretty good guilds running 8 W/Mo paladin premades, does that mean the build works?

R A N D O M
13-02-2007, 19:41
wasn't that ib?

melandrus elite
14-02-2007, 01:49
no more ganking then.
PS i know all the ganker builds and am great at running the sin, I just don't want to cookie cut a build strai off of someone.
PS I prefer mal strike over sig of toxic shock.
PSS I also put in draw, over return.

Deford
14-02-2007, 02:51
First off, when I said take someone elses build I meant take a full team build off of a top 100 guild, not take a single char build off of these forums. It's party wide skill interactions that matter more than single bar interactions.

That said, I think you are not understanding half the criticisms that are being made of you. Allow me to point out some examples:

1) We told you to put a draw conditions in to save the monks from scrubbing your warriors, you respond by putting a draw conditions on a monk. Draw conditions is a skill that goes on a midline char like a me/mo or e/mo allowing them to strip blinds without constantly pulling up the monks. Putting draw on a monk is almost suicidal.

2) We say that you don't have enough hexes to warrent any duration hexes in a build, you counter with pointing out shroud of silence... Shroud of silence has less than 33% coverage, is easily stopped with a pre-veil or any off monk hex removal. Your standard balance typically has the following in the way of hex removal: 2 veils, 1 off monk hex removal (like a remove hex on a mesmer), and 1 purge signet (also sometimes off a monk). Now there is no way your build can put up enough hexes to get past that regardless of what you think you have in the way of shutdown.

3) We mention kiting as a problem for your warriors, you think that knockdowns will save you. A good team will not give you a stationary target to build adren on and your warrior will not be able to get close enough to even think about knocking down a monk even if you get it build up (maybee you stand and wand things who knows). Kiting means seeing the warrior comming towards you and moving away from it before it gets close enough to hit you. Sometimes even calling for a snare on it, which brings me to the next point.

4) We mention lack of snares as a problem, so you put a 45 second recharge snare in. I can tell you right away that it won't get the job done. You actually have fewer snares than before now.

5) I mention that aura of restoration isn't good in a GvG and you respond by saying it's there so he can split off... An aura of restoration will not help you in a split situation and your overall build will crumble very quickly if you ever try to split it due to a lack of speed boosts, personal evades, snares, and warrior hate.

I limited myself to 5 this time, but you should also rethink your runner because 1 divine favour does not justify running him as a monk primary. Your monks are also running suicide bars in terms of self defence still. I hate to say it but this entire build is getting worse and is likely beyond help at this point.

Ace Bear
14-02-2007, 05:01
PS i know all the ganker builds and am great at running the sin, I just don't want to cookie cut a build strai off of someone.
"Cookie cutters" work because those teams have played enough to know how to make a good solid character. Your builds aren't that. Besides what is wrong with a "cookie cutter" if it works? I would rather have a solid well built build then a conjunction of random skills that simply don't work. I guess copying someone is the reason I am using Burning Arrow on my Ranger in GvG, it isn't because the skill rocks...no, no, no can't be, its because I love copying other people(as if that were a bad thing anyway, this isn't school where that is bad).

melandrus elite
14-02-2007, 05:04
Sorry abut the draw I noticed almost immeadiately afyter i put it on there but my roommate was using the computer (ftl) and ciuldnt change it. I forgot to take out aor and can now add a snare in for another prof due to the ele taking their res.
PS ace bear you posted 3 seconds before i posted this lol so here is my response, I test these builds I do not randomly say 'I have an idea blood of the master on a warrior with 12 death magic and animate bone fiends!'
PSS I just have the opposite mentallity I guess geomotry=copy GW=originality
PSSS plan to edit flag runner into exp hexes flaggy tommorow. sound better?

R A N D O M
14-02-2007, 18:06
I was so distracted by so many things there i wouldn't run that i just noticed somehting...you have two sigs and a hard res...not good...and neither is an expel hexes flagger...
1 thing about monks...never tell them what to run, let them run what they fell most comfortable with (within reason of course...)
Like Deford said there are a lot of things that can be improved with this build but here's what i recommend...go to the QQ forums read their entire "Ask Us Questions!" board and then watch a lot of obs, a whole lot of obs...the reason the top guilds can be more original then lower ranked guilds is because they have the skill and coordination to make it work...there's a metagame for a reason...

melandrus elite
15-02-2007, 00:39
Hey parker I saw on guru that you lost in 51 secs to evil, do you think this could last 52?

Ace Bear
15-02-2007, 02:30
If hell froze over and monkeys ruled the world and you played 8 retarded dogs...maybe.

Parker Bsb
15-02-2007, 17:41
Hey parker I saw on guru that you lost in 51 secs to evil, do you think this could last 52?

Hummm this was pre-factions BYUG (bring what you got) and every match we'd rotate players.

Yeah I'd hope you did better :rolleyes:

BTW I'd suggest reading Sirlin's Playing to Win (http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm) I'm not trying to be insulting by any means. It's a good read for many people.

David Holtzman
19-02-2007, 07:54
Assmuming that the build in the OP is up to date, your build will not work at any advanced level. It may get you through the low-end teams, but I expect it to fair poorly against the middle game. You have no defense so the enemy will simply kill you. Once they are done killing you, you lack the rez signets to bring your teammates back up. You have no hexes so the migraines will last all of 10 seconds at most, and will at best be a minor annoyance. Your mesmer contains 4 interrupts, 2 of which are utterly useless (disruption and spike). The vast majority of spells cast are 3/4c or less outside of hex builds, and it is unlikely your mesmer will be able to hit these with any regularity. You will not be able to kill. Your warrior lacks any run skill so the enemy will simply kite him. Lacking a decent IAS will cost him a great deal of damage. Even if he somehow manages to build adrenaline, you have no enchant removal. A simple Aegis chain will obviate your damage. The assassin will share this problem but more so. The sin has 1 hex every 30 seconds that lets him do his attack chain. He'll spend the vast majority of the time swinging away with daggers that wish they could do wand damage. The fire ele is essentially a rez sig eater. I guarantee you that any competent team will DP him out in less than 3 minutes. He runs up to them with 60AL and tries to punch them in the face with PBAoE that will only hit someone who doesn't know how to kite. Your flagger needs to drop heal area for something useful. Your monk bars are a decent foundation, but Blight isn't viable in a damage heavy metagame like the one we are in. You'll want an RC for sheer healing power.

There are three types of build: split, spike, and pressure. My advice is to figure out which you want to do mainly, and focus on it. Worry about builds that do all of them reasonably well after you've solidified each of them in particular.

R A N D O M
19-02-2007, 23:29
^^ownedddd

melandrus elite
21-02-2007, 00:50
My Guild finally got up high to rank 471 running this but as you said before, once we started playing tough guilds we got pwnzored. I think I'm gonna steal at least the frontline of 160 Clan Roxor because they did great against us, even though we did shred the less prepared team. The funny thing is we ran into the like 126 guild and they had a shatter hex mes AND an MoM smiter using holy viel. aye aye aye

R A N D O M
21-02-2007, 03:04
hehe steal away...

David Holtzman
21-02-2007, 07:39
Theft is highly underrated.

Savsuds
21-02-2007, 16:18
Thievery is a good tool to use in GvG. Just remember to ask why and what the theft bar does best/worst before using it.

Ask David, but use proper English or he might get upset.:laughing:

melandrus elite
21-02-2007, 23:46
Don't worry I'm now good friends with someone in Clan Roxor, I am disapointed at how badly they lost to grawls gone wild but then again grwl wars one of the best guilds a while back.

R A N D O M
22-02-2007, 01:48
who???????

Savsuds
22-02-2007, 03:21
Don't worry I'm now good friends with someone in Clan Roxor, I am disapointed at how badly they lost to grawls gone wild but then again grwl wars one of the best guilds a while back.
I think they were a decent Ranger Spike guild. Nothing impressive since they departed from that.

R A N D O M
22-02-2007, 03:42
it was r-spike...

halfthought
22-02-2007, 04:08
it was r-spike...

ranger spike

Honestly, I dont think the starburst ele is very effective in there, maybe another line-backer type build? And in my oppinion, I feel its a bit lacking in defense in its current point, if they force a split, it doesnt seem like it could still manage. So taking out the starburster seems to be a win-win situation, starbursts power for pressure is only realized in more "condensed" gametypes (such as HA)

David Holtzman
22-02-2007, 12:21
Honestly, I dont think the starburst ele is very effective in there, maybe another line-backer type build? And in my oppinion, I feel its a bit lacking in defense in its current point, if they force a split, it doesnt seem like it could still manage. So taking out the starburster seems to be a win-win situation, starbursts power for pressure is only realized in more "condensed" gametypes (such as HA)

Starburst is crap. Touch skills do not go on 60AL targets with no evasion stances. You are correct that he should drop it for a warrior, but the warrior should not be a linebacker. If he decides to keep with hexes, the warrior should be sword. If he decides he wants more of an adrenal spike, he should take an axe. I've never seen 2 hammers used effectively outside of extremely specialized builds.

halfthought
23-02-2007, 00:18
Starburst is crap. Touch skills do not go on 60AL targets with no evasion stances. You are correct that he should drop it for a warrior, but the warrior should not be a linebacker. If he decides to keep with hexes, the warrior should be sword. If he decides he wants more of an adrenal spike, he should take an axe. I've never seen 2 hammers used effectively outside of extremely specialized builds.

hmmm if he goes with sword, maybe a crip slasher can go well, I find them effective to a degree with pressure builds...or just a plain old charge warrior, would help with splitting

Savsuds
23-02-2007, 01:31
I tend to prefer Dragon Slash more over Crip Slash, but I generally turn down obsurd requests for me to play warrior. I just know that a Dragon Slash can pressure me more then a crip that is easily removed.

halfthought
23-02-2007, 02:12
I'm not a huge fan of dragon slash, its adrenaline gain is very high, but I find the skill itself rather weak (other then the adren gain). For a dragon slash build to work fluidly, you going have to stuff in skills that can otherwise go to utility, besides crip slash is pretty spammable, I find its removal can be on par with application.

Wuzzman
24-02-2007, 00:57
Crip Slash is better then dragon slash. End of story. Crip slash keeps your dps.

David Holtzman
25-02-2007, 14:41
Crip Slash is better then dragon slash. End of story. Crip slash keeps your dps.

Not a chance. Dragonslash is far better than cripslash. If you need snare, take bulls strike or grasping earth or hamstring. Take a water ele if you must. Dragonslash puts out far more damage than a cripslash bar and in a build where you want damage, dragonslash is the way to go. Hex builds don't do very much damage outside their melee characters, so you want damage. Plus, dragonslash puts out lots of bleeding and DW, exactly what you want in a build where killing comes from degen pressure.

Lunari
01-03-2007, 18:07
Wow... You use alot of Major/Supirior runes there. 16 Divine Favor? Thats like asking for spikes.

halfthought
01-03-2007, 22:09
Wow... You use alot of Major/Supirior runes there. 16 Divine Favor? Thats like asking for spikes.

woah...didnt notice that....sup runes are asking to get spiked in the face, monk hp should be 600................................or something in that zone

Deford
02-03-2007, 20:00
I'm actually surprised he managed to get as far up the ladder with this build as he did. I suspect he played arround 7gmt and took advantage of noob hour. That or he got good luck on the draws. I once had a streak of 10 games where I didn't see a full human team during noob hour, funny thing is that the warriors in that guild started thinking they were unstoppable because of their 10 game win streak.

R A N D O M
03-03-2007, 23:22
I'm actually surprised he managed to get as far up the ladder with this build as he did.
what guild?