PDA

View Full Version : Balanced build....am I the only one

Meta Dervish
13-02-2007, 00:07
that finds them absolutely boring to play? Maybe its just me, but everytime I ran balanced in HA/GVG, I literally fall asleep, especially if I am playing another balanced build. The match freakin takes forever because we're both balanced, both lack any sufficient killing power that can power through the jack-of-all-trade defense that both team has...but enough so that stuff dies once in a while so both team won't give up, and eventually my team won and everyone says "Finally, that F***ing took forever, and for only 4 fame/little guild rating boost too!"

So what's with all the non-balanced hate flying around anyways? Again, it maybe just me, but I actually like throwing some quirky D/A shadow form group with a death nova necro/echo putrid explosion and stuff and just go in HA and surprise every group we fight and cause a good laugh. Hell, once we managed to get into Hall and just bombed the "holding" group and cause a bunch of "wtf? hahaha that was gold".

On the weekend, I actually seen MORE variated teams for a long time. Ya, its basically all stuff we've seen before, but really, for me, Iway+blood spike+rspike+rit spike + all the other, is much more fun than facing holding group (6v6 HA) or balanced (GVG) over and over and over....again.

Anyone that actually thinks like I do?

Wuzzman
13-02-2007, 02:15
a balance build with no killing power is not balance but the stuff crap is made of.

CassiusDrehyg
14-02-2007, 12:12
I like to play Balanced, I like to play spikes, but things like IWAY just bore the hell out of me.

Guilliam
18-02-2007, 22:19
There used to be such thing as balanced with a hidden spike, untill paragons and rits made powerful spikes needed

Tiyuri
19-02-2007, 12:04
Pressure kills faster than spike, you just suck at it.

halfthought
19-02-2007, 16:37
Why do compare balanced to spikes? Balanced is often IS spikes.....its either Balanced or gimmicks, one being a balance of classes, one being leaning heaviliy to one or two classes. Spike goes with pressure, one using fast damage, the other by pressuring enemy monks....

Psychotic
19-02-2007, 17:46
my guild ran pressure alot... even got to hold halls. you've just got to set up your team effectively for killing. the main things are: know what your will commonly go up against(heavy melee/paragon/ranger) pressure was common. So was rit and necro spikes. Spikes are counterable with well placed infuses and skills like fertile season. Pressure is beaten by skills like Aegis. What does that tell you? #1 you need a good infuser, #2 if your pressure, make it high enough pressure that you can run fertile season, #3 run an aegis chain.

FarbrorVattenmelon
19-02-2007, 20:02
Spikes are counterable with well placed infuses and skills like fertile season.
Wrong, spikes are countered by interrupting the spike, if you don't interrupt spike and the infuser can save the target the spike is bad. A perfect spike is not infusable.

shardfenix
14-03-2007, 08:43
that finds them absolutely boring to play? Maybe its just me, but everytime I ran balanced in HA/GVG, I literally fall asleep, especially if I am playing another balanced build. The match freakin takes forever because we're both balanced, both lack any sufficient killing power that can power through the jack-of-all-trade defense that both team has...but enough so that stuff dies once in a while so both team won't give up, and eventually my team won and everyone says "Finally, that F***ing took forever, and for only 4 fame/little guild rating boost too!"
If you have a 20 minute battle with another team, it means your builds are almost equally matched, it doesn't mean both of you are weak. Balance is the most fun for me to play. You see, unlike most pvpers, I am not a moron, so I don't get my jollies off waiting for 20 seconds then pressing a button when someone says 3, 2, 1. I need to be doing something more engaging. Something that requires some sort of thought process. The players who enjoy balanced are, in most cases, intelligent. People who like spikes more, are, in most cases, retards. Why do you think someone as stupid as virtual virus has rank?

IdahoaJr
26-03-2007, 01:48
balanced builds are harder to play successfully, hence they are much more fun :D

nightrunner
26-03-2007, 04:57
Why play balanced when you can play Hexway on Jade?

Tucks
26-03-2007, 13:31
Why play balanced when you can play Hexway on Jade?

*cough* HA forum *cough*