PDA

View Full Version : Wuzzman's Experimental build

Wuzzman
03-03-2007, 18:01
I don't expect much fanfare. Just want to post an idea and see if my assumption is right. All attributes listed are the Minimum for the build to work effectively, which includes runes. Tinker with it at your own risk (me yelling at you). When a * is infront of a skill that means it is modable but not recommended to be. If I put ** then you can mod it at your own care. If I put * infront of an attribute it means that the minimum can be lower and I would approve of that.

1. A/W Shadow Prison Assassin: 14 dagger, 12 crit, 7 shadow, 3 deadly

Shadow Prison, Black Spider strike, Twisting Fangs, Black Lotus Strike, Blades of Steel, Expose Defense, *Feigned Neutrality, Rez sig

2. W/Mo Crip Slash Warrior: 15 sword, 12 stength, 7 tactics

Crippling Slash, *Barbous Strike, Gash, Final Thrust, **Enraged Charge, Heal Sig, Mending Touch, Rez Sig

3. N/Me Virulence Necro: 12 death, 12 curse, 10 soul reaping

Virulence, Enfeeble, Barbed, *Signet of Lost Souls, Reckless Haste, Consume Corpse, Epidemic, Rez Sig

4. Me/Mo Shut down Mesmer: 10 fast Casting, 10 domination, 10 inspiration

Mantra of Recovery, Diversion, Shame, **Drain Delusions, **Ether Phantom, Shatter Enchantment, Drain Enchantment, *Ressurection Chant

5. Mo/E Blessed Light Monk: *14 divine, 10 healing, *10 protection prayers

Blessed Light, Signet of Devotion, Gift of Health, *Holy Veil, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Mend Condition, Spirit Bond, **Deny Hexes

6. Mo/E LOD/Infuse Monk: 14 healing, 10 divine favor, *10 protection prayers

Light of Deliverance, *Word of Comfort, Infuse Health, Protective Spirit, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Healing Touch, *Holy Veil, Mend Aliment

7. N/A Spoil Victor Necro: 15 blood, 10 soul reaping, 7 curse, 7 deadly arts

Spoil Victor, Faitheartedness, Parastic bond, Life Siphon, Enduring Toxin, Siphon Speed, Signet of Lost Souls, Rez sig

8. E/Mo Runner: 14 water magic, 7 energy storage, *9 healing prayers,

Water Trident, Ice Spikes, Freezing Gust, Blurred Vision, Water Attunement, *Storm Djinn's Haste, *Healing Breeze, *Mending Touch

I'm tooooooo lazy to write a guide. However if you post questions I will answer. The one thing I must say is that Anti-melee comes from the N/A spoil victor necro. Enduring toxin and Siphon Speed is a deadly combination to put on any warrior trying to hunt down a target. Spoil Victor is even deadlier on burster sins who will probably die by the time his combo ends (if his combo looks alot like the one I have above, unless he pauses he will die).

Psychotic
04-03-2007, 00:15
If you want my opinions:
The virulence is a waste of time. I'd change that necro to something more effective like reapers mark, ss, or even a mesmer(insert any good mesmer build here).
The mesmer: i'd do energy burn and draw conditions(unless you plan on permanently having the war split off, in which case convert hexes would work). probably also drop drain enchantment for wastrels demise.
Cripslash: I'm not a fan of this so I wouldn't really be that best to comment, but I personally am not a huge fan of it. Considering the healsig and mending touch i assume this is ment for split capability.
Monks:
Get rid of BLight. BLight was good before nightfall, now its not worth it. I suggest ZB. If your Mo/E there's not point in not having an Aegis chain. Monk five: Deny Hexes -> Aegis. Mend Condition -> Dismiss Condition. Up to you, but i'd even consider Gift of Health -> RoF.
Monk 6: Words of Comfort->Dwaynas Kiss, Mend Ailment -> Dismiss Condition, Healing Touch->Aegis.
Assassin: Without BoA, a sin simply cannot spike fast enough to ever get a kill. Any decent monk is going to catch the sin. In this case, i'd either suggest not running a sin, or trade out FN.

fallot
04-03-2007, 13:28
Some character attributes are iffy, you need to shift some around
Dragon Slash > Cripslash guy. At the very least put Frenzy on him.
Burst of Aggression on the Assassin
Get rid of Virulence, it sucks, Psychotic has the right idea
Dismiss Condition > Mend
BLight is up to you, I wouldn't take it
Reversal of Fortune! Where is it ?!
Some more defense and utility; Draw, maybe wards

Tristan Chapin
04-03-2007, 16:44
Assuming that you want your wammo to have some viability running around alone since he has heal sig, an Adrenal snare is a terrible choice of an elite.

A curses necro is a better choice for anti-melee than blood by far. Curses last a lot longer, some have aoe, they're spammable, and the line doesn't require an elite to be effective. the necro could probably fill more jobs by going 11-12+rune curses, bringing more curse skills such as Suffering instead of Siphon, and (maybe) 8 blood for a 5-pip BIP for the B-Lighter et al. during a head-to-head fight. That Elite is an open slot though.

I don't know what your justification for an Emo runner is. It's probably more sensible to use a Mo/E who can join with one of your split squads as a healer or a prot, or can keep NPCs alive through a gank. Leave snaring to the offense, since you already have snares there.

Wuzzman
04-03-2007, 17:28
I gave the assassin feign neutrality because I had splitting in mind, otherwise I put burst of aggression. Then there is the crippling slash warrior who I also had splitting in mind but chose his elite for pressure reasons. Its spammable, and it makes kiting alot harder to do, which means adrenline builds up faster. I made this build in the spirit of giving players options but again alot of the build is modable. The virulence necro is the perfect assistant to the crippling slash warrior. The virulence necro job is to follow the target that the crippling slash warrior is pressuring. While "spreading" the love with epidemic. Now your probably thinking "omg disease will own your own team". But you have to keep in mind that when a player kite he usually moves toward his backline, which means that disease affects are minimal. The only thing the virulence necro most keep in mind is not NEVER use virulence on a melee character. Of course as we all know not everything can be simulated but the virulence necro is a very easy way to spread 8 degen. With the current Lod, ZB metagame it only makes sense to punish, if not force the monks to spam condition removal spells which will probably get diversioned.The monk builds are mostly modible, personally I prefer a bit more hex removal so that is why I have deny hex, but adding dismiss conditions and reversal of fortunes(my favorite monk skill) to the build is a good idea. But what I've been noticing is that the metagame is revolving around spikes more so curing pressure from the standard shockwarrior with reversal of fortunes might not be as effective. However it is still somewhat effective because of the increased enchantment removal (not much but enough to follow a spike), having a protection skill that can be spamed may be effective. The reason why I also call this an experimental build because I have to admitt I haven't gotten around to running it myself, I'm not an officer and I'm not nearly as active as I used to be lol, so this build works in theory. I really wish I can discuss the full range of tactics that can be used with this build on vent but if you keep asking questions I will be sure to give a good response.

David Holtzman
04-03-2007, 17:37
Your mesmer needs interrupt for their hard rez and other powerful defensive skills like aegis or party. Other than that he's fine.

The warrior is mediocre. If you want to stop people kiting, take a bulls charge. Better yet, go bulls strike with a dslash. With only one warrior you need all the pressure you can get. If you don't want him with frenzy, protstrike makes up for the adrenaline gain if not the faster spike speed.

The assassin is better off with refuge if you want sheer healing power. Feigned is good if he'll be in situations where he can't easily avoid serious damage. Either one works well, I think. Burst is nice but by no means necessary.

The virulence is useless. If you want conditions, take a burning arrow or a spear ranger. Having an enfeeble isn't all that bad, but you definitely don't want to build around it. If anything I'd turn him into either a ranger or another hexer, although another warrior might be worth serious consideration. As it stands, he won't do a thing except super-power the heals they get from RC.

The spoil victor needs to get rid of his assassin hexes. They really don't do a thing for you. Siphon is counter-productive. You want him to hit so he triggers spoil. If you don't want him swinging, take a different elite. You want to maximize miss hexes with spoil so he can make whoever doesn't have spoil not hit a thing.

The ele is fine, although if you make him a Weapon of Remedy runner he'll be much more powerful in the split. He will also have the ability to prop up NPCs in base if needed.

Wuzzman
04-03-2007, 17:58
Your mesmer needs interrupt for their hard rez and other powerful defensive skills like aegis or party. Other than that he's fine.

The warrior is mediocre. If you want to stop people kiting, take a bulls charge. Better yet, go bulls strike with a dslash. With only one warrior you need all the pressure you can get. If you don't want him with frenzy, protstrike makes up for the adrenaline gain if not the faster spike speed.

The assassin is better off with refuge if you want sheer healing power. Feigned is good if he'll be in situations where he can't easily avoid serious damage. Either one works well, I think. Burst is nice but by no means necessary.

The virulence is useless. If you want conditions, take a burning arrow or a spear ranger. Having an enfeeble isn't all that bad, but you definitely don't want to build around it. If anything I'd turn him into either a ranger or another hexer, although another warrior might be worth serious consideration. As it stands, he won't do a thing except super-power the heals they get from RC.

The spoil victor needs to get rid of his assassin hexes. They really don't do a thing for you. Siphon is counter-productive. You want him to hit so he triggers spoil. If you don't want him swinging, take a different elite. You want to maximize miss hexes with spoil so he can make whoever doesn't have spoil not hit a thing.

The ele is fine, although if you make him a Weapon of Remedy runner he'll be much more powerful in the split. He will also have the ability to prop up NPCs in base if needed.

I considered a burning arrow ranger but I decided on the virulence necro because of a personal preference to disease which wreaks havok to a constantly moving backline or a team that depends on wards for antimelee. If you were to run this build and feel that a burning arrow would do the job better then by all means shout. Personally I don't load my midline with protection skills except for personal protection. I usually give the monks a sturdy build, which I did, and leave the antiwarrior to more flexible builds, like my necro. The N/A necro isn't suppose to really kill. If you spike, sure it kills the adrenline spiking warrior or the shadow prison sin, but what if he can't build any adrenline at all? What if he doesn't make a single hit because he is stuck crawling up and down the map? I find that much more effective, also snares are good in gvg anyhow, and adding as many as you can to a build, especially cost effective ones, earns you extra kills. Also Spoil is funny to put on monks as well. I haven't seen crippling slash in action, I looked at the elite and considering that it cost only 4 adrenline, decided it wouldn't hurt to take it. It took several months almost a year to discover rit spike, which inherently has very few if not any nightfall skills in it(besides weapon of remedy). The ele was made with splitting in mind as well, but since splitting isn't the focus, I really want him to be able to hit and go. Stacking him with heal skills would encourge him to stick around, which I really don't want my flag runner to do. The build was escentially designed for either the following splits, W/Mo, N/A, and E/Mo split, W/Mo, N/Me, E/mo splits, A/W, N/Me, E/mo split, or A/W, N/Me, E/Mo split. Now if you put boa on the assassin then your stuck with N/me splits. The flag runner is really not a permenant build, it could easily be replaced with a E/rt flag runner(which would work quite well with the splits) or any other type of flag runner you could think of.

Psychotic
05-03-2007, 01:09
I considered a burning arrow ranger but I decided on the virulence necro because of a personal preference to disease which wreaks havok to a constantly moving backline or a team that depends on wards for antimelee. If you were to run this build and feel that a burning arrow would do the job better then by all means shout. Personally I don't load my midline with protection skills except for personal protection. I usually give the monks a sturdy build, which I did, and leave the antiwarrior to more flexible builds, like my necro. The N/A necro isn't suppose to really kill. If you spike, sure it kills the adrenline spiking warrior or the shadow prison sin, but what if he can't build any adrenline at all? What if he doesn't make a single hit because he is stuck crawling up and down the map? I find that much more effective, also snares are good in gvg anyhow, and adding as many as you can to a build, especially cost effective ones, earns you extra kills. Also Spoil is funny to put on monks as well. I haven't seen crippling slash in action, I looked at the elite and considering that it cost only 4 adrenline, decided it wouldn't hurt to take it. It took several months almost a year to discover rit spike, which inherently has very few if not any nightfall skills in it(besides weapon of remedy). The ele was made with splitting in mind as well, but since splitting isn't the focus, I really want him to be able to hit and go. Stacking him with heal skills would encourge him to stick around, which I really don't want my flag runner to do. The build was escentially designed for either the following splits, W/Mo, N/A, and E/Mo split, W/Mo, N/Me, E/mo splits, A/W, N/Me, E/mo split, or A/W, N/Me, E/Mo split. Now if you put boa on the assassin then your stuck with N/me splits. The flag runner is really not a permenant build, it could easily be replaced with a E/rt flag runner(which would work quite well with the splits) or any other type of flag runner you could think of.

Disease, a meager 4 health degen does next to nothing, especially with most groups running an LoD monk. I say this from experience, i monk, have had disease on most every member of my team and it makes little difference to me. Most guilds that don't have a LoD have an ele with heal party which will do the trick just the same.
Ok, i just realized you planned on being able to do 4 different 3 man splits... that are extremely different from each other. You cannot do this. Set up ONE 3 man split in your group. Make that 3 man split able to work together. They need a decent combination of heals, damage, and snares. The rest of your group count on staying together.
My suggestion:
Make the 'virulence' and warrior able to split. Count on the sin to stay with the rest of the group, that matter... replace the sin. Seriously, no half competant healer or runner is going to get killed by a sin with no IAS, speed boost, knockdown, with a limited snare. So do what everyone is telling you, get rid of the virulence, replace with something like a water ele, or curses necro or degen mes, and make them secondary rit or monk so they can heal a bit too.
I didn't say it last time, but i don't like the runner build. LoD runner or Rit runner works much better. Since you want some damage on your runner(it seems), i suggest the rit runner.
Rit spike does NOT have weapon of remedy(for the most part). Rit runners do. Rit spike took so long to be 'discovered' because most of the skills got HUGE boosts. Before you had to be so close to your spirits for the effects to take into account... now they just have to be within earshot.
Lastly, I wonder why you so defensive over your build? Whenever you post a build... you have to expect people to disagree with you, and if you truly want to learn about the game, you have to be willing to change. I very, very strongly suggest you sit in observer mode for a while before you begin trying and commenting on builds. Watch what kinds of splits people run. Watch how those splits work together with their main group when NOT split. You seem very unfamiliar with gvg, but seem to have been able to grasp some of the basics.

Edit: oh and some advice on pressure builds, with pressure builds every character needs to be adding huge, constant pressure by itself. Assassins do not work for this, they spike. Huge pressure comes in the form of heavy constant damage(like thumpers or warriors), high AoE damage(SF, SH, SS ele's), massive degen stacks(reapers mark, burning arrow, illusion/degen meses) and dom/disrupting/denial/snare characters(mesmers, water eles, choking gas rangers).

David Holtzman
05-03-2007, 08:39
I considered a burning arrow ranger but I decided on the virulence necro because of a personal preference to disease which wreaks havok to a constantly moving backline or a team that depends on wards for antimelee.

Poison does the same degen as disease, and with a burning arrow you can take bleeding and burning as well. It also has the added bonuses of being a fantastic split character and packing two solid interrupts. Disease is decent, but in your build it will be getting on your own team a great deal. Better only poison on them than disease on both of you.

The N/A necro isn't suppose to really kill. If you spike, sure it kills the adrenline spiking warrior or the shadow prison sin, but what if he can't build any adrenline at all? What if he doesn't make a single hit because he is stuck crawling up and down the map? I find that much more effective, also snares are good in gvg anyhow, and adding as many as you can to a build, especially cost effective ones, earns you extra kills.

They'll use a single veil and ignore your silly siphon. It won't do a damn thing but eat up a spot removal and waste some of your energy. It's a mediocre snare that won't stop the enemy from hitting. They'll easily catch up to any target who ever wishes to cast a skill.

Also Spoil is funny to put on monks as well. I haven't seen crippling slash in action, I looked at the elite and considering that it cost only 4 adrenline, decided it wouldn't hurt to take it.

The 4 adrenaline hurts, not helps. At 4 adrenaline you'll be using it a lot, which means that it will be far harder to build up the powerful skills you want to mostly be using.

It took several months almost a year to discover rit spike, which inherently has very few if not any nightfall skills in it(besides weapon of remedy).

No, it didn't. It took maybe a day or two after the patch that super-buffed rit damage skills.

The ele was made with splitting in mind as well, but since splitting isn't the focus, I really want him to be able to hit and go.

Splitting may not be your focus, but that doesn't mean the enemy will be so inclined. You'd better be prepared for skirmish or any enemy who figures out you can't will wipe the floor with you. A focused 8v8 build is good- that's what we run- but it absolutely must be able to split well.