PDA

View Full Version : two necros in pve?

THlRSTY
03-03-2007, 19:07
I have been playing GW off and on for a while and honestly havent touched necro since beta... a friend of mine is going to start playing and they are going to make probably a minion master necro and I was thinking of starting a character with them. I was thinking of doing another necro just going more curses like SS or something insted of MM cause from what I understand two MM's in a group is dangerous right? Anyways I was wondering if there was a combo of two necro builds that work pretty well together or if there is another good combo of necro and something else (dont wanna make another monk)?

Thanks for any info/suggestions

mmorpg man
03-03-2007, 19:16
for a curse build a good secondary profession is mesmer. the mesmer skills work hand in hand with necro curses and blood magic. just play around to see what build suits u best

for your friend a good second profession for a mm is either ritualist or monk for self healing.

another popular build is the meleemancer (w/n)

THlRSTY
03-03-2007, 19:46
i was asking what two necro builds would go well together... also would two MM necros work well together it seems like blood of the master would hurt a lot like that but im not sure?

Chthon
03-03-2007, 19:50
I'd suggest a MM (a true MM with fineds + horrors, not a MB) plus a SS necro with Mark of Pain.

mmorpg man
03-03-2007, 20:50
2 mm's would be ok as long as you dont start arguing about who should have which corpses

cloudbunny
03-03-2007, 21:02
I'd suggest a MM (a true MM with fineds + horrors, not a MB) plus a SS necro with Mark of Pain.

You can add barbs (particulary for boss killing) and reckless hast (boost SS and save minions), Enfeeble blood (saves minions) for some more MM-curse synergies.

The MM can use Discord as Elite for some heavy extra damage, especially there are also are some shambling minions in the horror-fiend mix, to add extra conditions.

In my experience the MM-Curse combination is a pretty strong one.

Regards
Cloudbunny

chirthain
03-03-2007, 22:27
Indeed, all you need is a aoe curses necro (with spells like meekness, suffering, ss, mark of pain, desecrate enchantments etc) and a full MM (fiends, botm etc)

Aurelia Dark
03-03-2007, 23:41

What he said :smiley:
Mark of Pain is a killer once the fiends get going

NeonKnights
04-03-2007, 01:42
Some missions/areas could support two MM's (Jennur's Horde and Vizunah Square are the first that come to mind). If you're in one of those areas, then by all means bring two MM's. Fear the undead blitzkrieg!!!

Yes a BotM with two MM's can be a little harsh on the life, but if you work it right it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

In areas where only one MM is practical (i.e. most areas) a curses necro and a MM are a force to be reckoned with. Especially with the aforementioned Mark of Pain and Barbs, you can take down stuff pretty quickly.

zerdonal
04-03-2007, 01:49
one go MM

other go curses - barbs and stuff like that; mark of pain, etc.

and if your friend gets bored as a MM, go dual blood, slaughter anything that comes your way, just don't double-hex one target with the same hex.

mmorpg man
04-03-2007, 02:57
start off with 1 person using curses and the other using blood skills. then when you get to get BoTM then change 1 person to mm. there is no point in having a mm build without BoTM because your minions wont last 5 minutes

Antillio
04-03-2007, 06:25
o yes in pve where i can i tend to run a duo hero mm muhahah how evil that is i charge in with my dervish tank build and few sec's later the screen gets over run by my undead friends =).

when going duo mm i suggest both having monk secondary so u can also take use of the enchant dwayna's sorrow i believe wich heals ...X amount for evrything that dies.

there will be no need to keep yer minions xtreme alive and spam botm cause in the area's where u can have 2 mm's like mentioned before vozunah and other zergling faction or NF area's there will be enough bodies to constantly make new1's so yer old get replaced by new 1nes

Thundercracker
04-03-2007, 09:39
psh, two mm's with arcane mimicry, golem, and aotl. that = ZOMG

halfthought
04-03-2007, 16:59
for a curse build a good secondary profession is mesmer. the mesmer skills work hand in hand with necro curses and blood magic. just play around to see what build suits u best

for your friend a good second profession for a mm is either ritualist or monk for self healing.

another popular build is the meleemancer (w/n)

um no, meleemancers arent even VAGUELY popular, and for the most part, arent particularly good.

shadowhand
04-03-2007, 17:21
I play with 3 necros lots of the time - 2 heroes and myself. I tend to spec one of them as a blood/support necro and the other as a heavy hexer with FoC or SS. I usually also use curses to synergize with the other two.

It's a lethal combination when used right.

I guess I could make one of the heroes into a minion master, but that's so overdone and I'd rather leave that to my paragon's and ritualist's heroes.