PDA

View Full Version : Skill Hunter Title

dumediat
16-03-2007, 19:28
This is a pretty simple question, but it still needs asking. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering how a single character can capture all the elite skills in the game. I can see how to get all of the elites for 3 classes under a single, but not beyond that. Don't you have to be the same class as the boss you killed to capture their elite skill? :huh:

MoonUnit
16-03-2007, 19:39
You do it by capping an elite then switching your secondary to whatever boss you want to cap. Pretty time consuming.

Oh and the elite Lightbringer Signet counts toward the title, so you will have a total of 291 elites when you finish capping all of the PvE elites.

zyonuf
16-03-2007, 19:39
You can cap any elite skill from any boss as long as you have their profession as your primary or secondary. Since you can change secondary professions, you are able to capture all elite skills in the game.

dumediat
17-03-2007, 05:13
Hmm...I thought you could only change your secondary once. I guess that's good to know! :grin:

Lytel
17-03-2007, 05:25
Once you've unlocked a secondary profession, you can change to it as many times as you want for free. You get a list like this on the skills window:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9967/changeprofessionjg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You used to have to visit an NPC every time, but now you can just change it in any outpost using that list. One of the best updates ever I think. :D

dumediat
17-03-2007, 23:06
Once you've unlocked a secondary profession, you can change to it as many times as you want for free. You get a list like this on the skills window:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9967/changeprofessionjg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You used to have to visit an NPC every time, but now you can just change it in any outpost using that list. One of the best updates ever I think. :D

Yeah, that is pretty cool. Thanks for the help, everyone! :grin:

Kahlan
17-03-2007, 23:35
You do it by capping an elite then switching your secondary to whatever boss you want to cap. Pretty time consuming.

Oh and the elite Lightbringer Signet counts toward the title, so you will have a total of 291 elites when you finish capping all of the PvE elites.

Then how come the Lightbringer elite didn't count towards mine? I had like 264 before I got it and 264 after I got it.

the grieving terror
18-03-2007, 01:14
The Lightbringer Signet only counts towards your total after you cap your next elite. Strange, but true. :wink:

Kahlan
18-03-2007, 02:23
The Lightbringer Signet only counts towards your total after you cap your next elite. Strange, but true. :wink:

Aaahhhh, ok. Now that I think about it, I do have 270 now...and I've only capped 3 since.

Hexagonal
18-03-2007, 07:42

Yeah, so be sure it's not the very last elite you get, else.. well, you can always wait for the next expansion with new elites. :grin:

Lady Rhonwyn
18-03-2007, 07:52
Yeah, so be sure it's not the very last elite you get, else.. well, you can always wait for the next expansion with new elites. :grin:

You know, I made very sure it was the last elite I got... I didn't want it to count towards my title... I felt that that would be an easy way out...

But then, I'm strange...

MoonUnit
18-03-2007, 08:01
You know, I made very sure it was the last elite I got... I didn't want it to count towards my title... I felt that that would be an easy way out...

But then, I'm strange...

Psst... that's why it says I have 291 elites capped. :wink:

Lady Rhonwyn
18-03-2007, 08:48
Psst... that's why it says I have 291 elites capped. :wink:

Yes I know... but still... I like 290 better than 291 (the last sounds as if you've already started on the next series, but you can't finish it any time soon...) But, as I said, I'm weird!

(I hope they remove the skill from the progress at a future update...)

Little Hex
18-03-2007, 12:37
I am going for this tittle on my mesmer. Currently at 33 elites and 46 skill points. I guess I'll have to do missions on my way, because I am 150 skill points short, I started doing all the quests in Elona, then Im moving to factions, I think I wont do tyrian quests because they give like 500 exp. Maybe the 4k+ ones, and Titans I guess.

Don Zardeone
18-03-2007, 20:16
the lb elite thing doesn't count because you didn't get it from killing a monster and using cap sig

When you cap a new elite the game seems to check how many you had already and then adds the mission one.. I think

so it's all good X.x

MoonUnit
18-03-2007, 20:22
Yes I know... but still... I like 290 better than 291 (the last sounds as if you've already started on the next series, but you can't finish it any time soon...) But, as I said, I'm weird!

(I hope they remove the skill from the progress at a future update...)

I hope they do as well, but I think the game counts how many elites you have in your "possession."

smrandom
19-03-2007, 22:03
I am going for this tittle on my mesmer. Currently at 33 elites and 46 skill points. I guess I'll have to do missions on my way, because I am 150 skill points short, I started doing all the quests in Elona, then Im moving to factions, I think I wont do tyrian quests because they give like 500 exp. Maybe the 4k+ ones, and Titans I guess.

The skill point issue tends to work itself out if you continue capping elites because you get 5,000XP for each skill cap. That, plus any XP gained in the process of capping the skill, will help you level up at a faster rate, which will net you the skill points you need to reach the title marks.

That being said, doing missions is a good way of getting both skill points and XP (to get more skill points).