PDA

View Full Version : A great anti-leech system

Sir Chris the Crusader
25-03-2007, 01:52
Rather than reward faction to every party member after every kill and a huger sum at the end of the battle, why don't they reward based on participation.

Basicly it works like this:

Kills:
20 Kurzick/Luxon faction for every killed unit an individual makes/participates in. (This reward had to be reasonably high, as kills are not that high individually)

Bases:
Award 100 Kurzick/Luxon faction for every base where you helped in capturing. (Capturing a base is the very core act of AB and should be encouraged)

Heals:
3 Kurzick/Luxon faction for every spell cast on a (non Npc) ally. (A monks gotta earn a living to =P)

"Balth Faction":
Balth faction can stay as it is, dispersed to all allies when an opponent dies, as it is rarely/never leeched.

A win bonus of 300 faction is added at the end (no lose bonus). The removal of a loss end-match bonus would help to eliminate leechers, and the reasonably large rewards for participating would make up for this for people who do participate.

Leechers would basicly get no reward at all, except for a small victory reward, if your team wins, but since the presence of leechers hurts a team, the win chance is reduced.

If this system were put in, all forms of AB/FA/etc. leeching would become completely pointless to the leecher and would likely stop their act of leeching.

Jormandgundr
25-03-2007, 03:48
Hmmm... decent enough. But not all builds adhere to that(some non-skill builds aren't designed to kill, or whatever). Also, spells cast on allies needs a small buff perhaps... a monk doesn't always have to give a large amount of heals in a battle that may have 5 or so kills.

The premise definetly has potential, just gotta work it out some. I like it though.

mmorpg man
25-03-2007, 10:53
i like this idea. repost it onto the suggestion forum and see how many people go /signed.

qvtkc
26-03-2007, 14:28
Very simple to catch leechers. Measure the time they are sending character movement/actions to the server. If they spend more than 20% of the time (or whatever %) idle, give them no reward whatsoever.

dekboi
26-03-2007, 21:53
Even easier to leech this system, set up a bot to sit there and spam heals on the base defender

MilitiaMan
26-03-2007, 22:46
agreed, the first thing that i thought of was the people who just made bots to spam heals...

Sir Chris the Crusader
26-03-2007, 23:24
[QUOTE=Sir Chris the Crusader;4776959]every (non Npc) ally. QUOTE]

Pay attention.

cantalus
27-03-2007, 15:29
the best suggestion was posted last year by Ira Blinks, basically to get faction you have to win

Sir Chris the Crusader
28-03-2007, 02:54
the best suggestion was posted last year by Ira Blinks, basically to get faction you have to win

That is a HORRIBLE suggestion. The outcome of an Alliance Battle is based more on the stupid or brilliant actions of your team than of your own effort. Basicly your saying half of all battles you fight you will get no reward. This would by no means stop luxon side FA leeching and would just hurt the Kurzick side and would totally ruin ab.

If I got no faction for half of my battles it would take me all day to get the 5k faction required every day for my guild (Modified Soul Society, one of the guilds in the Cavalon owning alliance).

meatloafman
10-04-2007, 01:38
how about, you have to go outside, must have clicked a number of times, and have participated in the killing of at least 2-4 people (been in the radar, or half the radar of someone dying).

or, how about, if uwere moving for more than 50% of the battle outside the base then u get something at the end.

Lord Azhren
16-04-2007, 20:15

I would agree, but only if you got to choose which teams you alligned with.