PDA

View Full Version : (Video) My Favorite PvP Build - Emissary of Lyssa

Lyr
25-03-2007, 19:21
Well, I posted this build a little over 4 months ago, but I want to post it now because I like making videos of my favorite builds every once in a while.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omkee9b4XyY

This is the build I've probably had the most success with/gotten the most glad points with. It's definately my favorite, it is just so fun to play. If you've seen my video of my Rit/A spiker, you'll probably see that the movie and build are fairly similar to this, but I like this build a lot more because it has better survivability and goes through the spike quicker.

==================================================
Emissary of Lyssa

Dagger Mastery: 12
Mysticism: 12+3+1

Zealous Daggers of Enchanting
Blessed Insignias on all the armor

Golden Phoenix Strike
Horns of the Ox
Falling Spider
Blades of Steel
Heart of Fury
Mystic Vigor
Rez Sig
==================================================

Templates:
Equipment template: RmHX80XLbjZQmVto6kmm0TLlmmEsckmmEc1kmmEsGlmmEsA
Skill template: A6JSHzyT3Lhpw4fxXx93VAA

The quick attack speed of daggers with Heart of Fury takes advantage of Lyssa's additional damage. The extra damage is triggered very often because you attack so quickly. This build's spike can't always kill, but it usually does. Really, all you need for the spike to get someone from full health to dead is to hit them while activating a skill just once during the spike. If that doesn't happen, they will be very close to dead and you can finish them off anyway. However, you often do hit them activating a skill because while they are knocked down from Horns of the Ox, they try to activate a skill, to heal etc. Thus, when they get back up, you often hit them with Blades of Steel. The timing of it is so perfect that I often hit them with Blades of Steel while they are activating a 1/4 second cast spell, such as Reversal of Fortune, and they die before they finish casting it. This build can also deal a lot of damage outside spikes too, due to Avatar of Lyssa.

It has fairly good defense. Mystic Vigor gives you 14 health every time you hit when you have Heart of Fury on with it, and this gives you a lot of health because you attack so quickly with the IAS and double strikes. This translates to ~8 or so health regen. That increases if anyone else casts enchantments on you, and you also have 80 armor. You might be surprised how much this health regen helps you stay alive.

I never have energy problems, due to the zealous daggers and the increased maximum energy that Avatar of Lyssa gives.

Well, there it is. I think my video will show you how the build really is better than my explanations. I hope you try the build out, because I think you'll like it, but I guess that's because I like it. :wink:

Keron
25-03-2007, 20:41
That does look like a sweet build. I will try it later. :wink:

But have you run across any counters to it besides Empathy/Blind?
Have monks happened to stop the spike with some kind of protection skills?

Lyr
25-03-2007, 21:05
That does look like a sweet build. I will try it later. :wink:

But have you run across any counters to it besides Empathy/Blind?
Have monks happened to stop the spike with some kind of protection skills?

Just your standard counters, hexes/blind/evasion skills. The major prot skill I've seen that can counter it is Guardian, just like most meleers, but it isn't difficult to attack the monk when they don't have it up.

Newbsy
28-03-2007, 10:56
Just a thought maybe in TA or something where you didn't need the rez you could swap it out for faithful intervention to boost mystic vigor.

DreamStealer
28-03-2007, 12:53
Don't get me wrong... I love the build. But the DPS drops significantly during the Lyssa-less times.

I'm not sure by how much, but that is a potential weakness of this build.

Regardless, nice job.

Lyr
28-03-2007, 14:14
Don't get me wrong... I love the build. But the DPS drops significantly during the Lyssa-less times.

I'm not sure by how much, but that is a potential weakness of this build.

Regardless, nice job.

Yeah, that's true, but luckily the battle is usually over or just about over by the time Avatar of Lyssa wears off, in my experience.

Mog Wai
28-03-2007, 15:25
Looks like a really fun build but either you got lucky and didn't come across any opponents with blind or mesmer anti-mele hexes. Seems like anytime Im in the Arenas, Im blind as a bat.....

Calynda Danyciar
28-03-2007, 16:25
Looks nice :smiley: to bad i dont have pvp slot -_- and my Dervish doesn't has thoose skills yet

djacob
07-04-2007, 08:19
Hehe, I was leery about trying such a build before with Lyssa's downtime... but now this build will keep her up for a little over 90 seconds... I think that is worth it. All I have to do now is get the sin skills and the daggers, shouldn't be too hard, lol (could probably get the daggers on a pvp char without any difficulty).

DreamStealer
07-04-2007, 16:45
Hehe, I was leery about trying such a build before with Lyssa's downtime... but now this build will keep her up for a little over 90 seconds... I think that is worth it. All I have to do now is get the sin skills and the daggers, shouldn't be too hard, lol (could probably get the daggers on a pvp char without any difficulty).

Ditto that. My only complaint about this build was the downtime, which is effectively non-existant now (it's little more than the downtime of a BoA Assassin, except you're not useless, and you have better defenses).

Ironic that Lyr's Spirit Strength build also got boosted. Maybe ANet likes his builds ;)

Lyr should try making a Mesmer build with Signet of Illusions so ANet will look at giving it the well deserved buff. *nudge* *nudge*

Lyr
07-04-2007, 20:42
Ditto that. My only complaint about this build was the downtime, which is effectively non-existant now (it's little more than the downtime of a BoA Assassin, except you're not useless, and you have better defenses).

Ironic that Lyr's Spirit Strength build also got boosted. Maybe ANet likes his builds ;)

Lyr should try making a Mesmer build with Signet of Illusions so ANet will look at giving it the well deserved buff. *nudge* *nudge*

Spirit's Strength is a fun, niche skill for some builds, and we wanted to make it more rewarding for players who choose to try something creative and different.

Hehe. :grin:

However, I don't play Mesmers :tongue: .

Oh, speaking of BoA sins, I've been running into a lot of them in Hero Battles. This build owns them. I love how they shadowstep right to me with Shadow Prison, only to be spiked down. Makes it much easier. :grin:

oakwine
08-04-2007, 23:04
Lyr, I realize this build is for PvP, but having an extra Zealous Daggers of Warding lying around, I decided to try a variant of it in PvE.

Faithful Intervention, Watchful Intervention, Mystic Vigor, Heart of Fury, Black Mantis Thrust, Wild Strike, Death Blossom, Avatar. In PvE a fast recharge damage chain is better than a huge spike since most PvE targets die fast anyway.

First Test: With Olias, the General in Energizer Bunny config, and Razah as a sort of enhanced Professor Gai, and assorted henchies, off to the Undercity to kill large herds of Afflicted. Lyssa worked well here, tremendous kill rate, hardly needed to touch the dagger skills.

Second Test: Demons and Margonites in Nightfallen Jahai outside Gate of the Nightfallen Lands. Alas, Lyssa absorbs too much of the hench monk's healing to be practical. With Balthazar, you lose the bonus for striking during skill usage, but Balthazar's extra armor and running speed compensate. Energy no problem anyway with the General along.

Daggers work very well with a build of this kind. Targets die very quickly, much quicker than with scythe. Perhaps there is also an Earth or Wind build that would also be useful in some PvE areas. Thanks again for your post and the excellent video!

Fade Into Shadow
22-05-2007, 00:47
Really nice build. Totally rocks in PvP and have had some good success with it in PvE as well (with only some slight modifications)

Thao
03-06-2007, 19:26
Ow, 244 damage Blades of Steel.

Lyr
04-06-2007, 01:28
Yeah, I like that part. :grin: