PDA

View Full Version : Heroes' Ascent Changes Coming

Gaile
27-03-2007, 21:04
Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion over the last several months. Your input, comments, and suggestions were very valuable to us as we made the final decision concerning Heroes' Ascent party size.

As you may have read on the news page, Heroes' Ascent will be reverting to an 8v8 party size this week. That is not the final change, however, as the team will continue to review the maps, mechanics, and more in the future.

Thanks again, and you can count on us continuing to read, report, and review all your feedback. :smiley:

Tucks
27-03-2007, 21:22
Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion over the last several months. Your input, comments, and suggestions were very valuable to us as we made the final decision concerning Heroes' Ascent party size.

As you may have read on the news page, Heroes' Ascent will be reverting to an 8v8 party size this week. That is not the final change, however, as the team will continue to review the maps, mechanics, and more in the future.

Thanks again, and you can count on us continuing to read, report, and review all your feedback. :smiley:

Yay! Although now you will have angry 6v6 fans on your back, but meh.

You definitely need to review the maps and mechanics if you want it to stay popular though.

Nkah Sennyt
27-03-2007, 21:55
A definite step in the right direction. I hope to see the removal of kill count, relics and AB in the HoH map soon too, then I will be one happy panda.

Also, lol @ Gaile posting in the GWO HA section and not in the Guru HA section at all. That made me giggle.

ShiningDrLight
27-03-2007, 22:25
Ah crud. I loved 6v6....:cry:

King Kull
27-03-2007, 22:49
A graphics overhaul and new maps would be nice - besides some new modes.

I am sick of the boring futuristic/metaphysic touch of the Hall of Heroes.

B Ephekt
27-03-2007, 23:03
Double fame is a disappointment...

However, this is a step in the right direction, provided you can adapt and balance the objectives for the larger party size (or revert to alter holding).

New maps would be great as well, but I won't hold my breathe.

Thanks for the update.

Xunlai Agent
28-03-2007, 00:11
beyond overdue really but better late than never? I don't know

ImSoToast
28-03-2007, 00:32

2 questions if I may. 1) Would it be considered or even possible, if only temporarily, to make party size 10 or even 12? 2) Would it even be considered or possible to have actual map rotations. Have a different set of 7 maps leading up to halls and maybe change them every 1 month or whatever. Have maps with different goals in mind. Perhaps rotate more capture points type of maps.

Thx for your time.

B Ephekt
28-03-2007, 01:01
Bring back scarred earth please.

halfmustache
28-03-2007, 04:23
Why must there only be one way? Why not have 6v6 and 8v8? and throw in 10v and 12v12 :D

After all, though, variety is the spice of life.

I really wish they would release tools for players to create their own battlegrounds and submit them... or at least ANet should hire another guy or two to specifically make maps for PvP and PvE to be released semi-regularly.

Tiyuri
28-03-2007, 04:24
Why must there only be one way? Why not have 6v6 and 8v8? and throw in 10v and 12v12 :D

After all, though, variety is the spice of life.

I really wish they would release tools for players to create their own battlegrounds and submit them... or at least ANet should hire another guy or two to specifically make maps for PvP and PvE to be released semi-regularly.

dividing a small community is not good for anyone.

Ranger Nietzsche
28-03-2007, 06:28
ah thank god its finally almost partially in some way party conceivably over sort of.

windcaller
28-03-2007, 17:29
HA will rule again. I can re-start playing PvP again.

Djinn Effer
28-03-2007, 18:17
Good job. Only, er... wait, 5 months after I quit?

Not coming back at this point, but good job anyways. :cutie:

Buddah
28-03-2007, 21:23
Ah crud. I loved 6v6....:cry:You're not alone.
The lack of 6v6 arena is going to cause issues for those that do prefer the environment.

(or revert to alter holding).

That would be the final nail in the coffin. It was the static end game that some clung so dearly too that was the major source of HA decline.

B Ephekt
28-03-2007, 22:31
Alter holding would've been fine if they added new maps and game types leading up to it, to discourage defensive play. The new objectives really don't promote balanced the way some people seem to think. All any build needs are speed buffs, snares and damage and they have the utility required to win all maps and hold halls. In this regard, the new objectives failed.

A lot of people found alter holding to be more fun, and I'd have to agree. The new objectives are OK, but they don't really impress me with the motivation to go and try holding like alters did.

I understand why holding was theoretically bad, but the new objectives just aren't as fun. In the end, I'd rather play in an arena that's fun.

As for 6v6, I hope they make TA into the new 6v6 arena.

KicknDave
28-03-2007, 23:56
I think they should add Altar holding to line-up and remove kill count in 3 team environments. It just doesn't feel right witht hat many teams. I like the varied objectives in the hall mainly because to me, it's a display of skill not knowing what you may have to do. Of course you know the possiblilities but even then the build will have a weakness to a certain objective against other builds. Ha is a tournament, and I like it's setup. Now that it's going 8v8, some of the objectives need some reworking(mainly kill count as stated above on 3 team maps.) for it to be enjoyable as someone has said above.

Wuzzman
29-03-2007, 00:56
call me when the change is final. How much "testing" can anet do, we are NOT ALPHA TESTERS!!! Hell I should start getting PAID for this.

halfthought
29-03-2007, 02:09
call me when the change is final. How much "testing" can anet do, we are NOT ALPHA TESTERS!!! Hell I should start getting PAID for this.

most alpha testers are not paid

nightrunner
29-03-2007, 03:15
For future reference, Gaile, GWO is mostly a PvE site. GWG and TGH have a higher concentration of PvP players, IE it would be a better idea to post there than here.

David Holtzman
29-03-2007, 05:30
For future reference, Gaile, GWO is mostly a PvE site. GWG and TGH have a higher concentration of PvP players, IE it would be a better idea to post there than here.

Er, she does. Although I think Mr. Patrick might do GWG.

nightrunner
29-03-2007, 07:26
Er, she does. Although I think Mr. Patrick might do GWG.

She posts on GWG sometimes, but I seem to remember the last few poll-type posts on the state of HA ending up here and not on GWG or TGH.

Buddah
29-03-2007, 18:55
You didn't look too hard, since the exact same poll was on both boards.

erk
30-03-2007, 01:21

Although somewhere in GW I think there is a true place for a 6v6 format, I welcome the change in HA back to 8v8, not because that I think 8v8 is better, but it changes the meta so that everyone will have to rethink builds/team rolls etc. once again, so it will freshen up HA.

Thanks for making changes possible.