PDA

View Full Version : 8v8 returns for good

Solar Light
30-03-2007, 06:11
i dont belive the build notes are up yet, but the website has info, and i went into HA and seen that 8v8 partying is back.

this has been long awaited by many :)

shardfenix
30-03-2007, 06:21
Too bad it sucks now worse than it already did.

Lord Helmos
30-03-2007, 15:59
Bloodspike, 3-4 BoA's on a team, 4 Warrior/4 para teams, rt spike, Rspike....

The floodgates have opened. Repent!

Ranger Nietzsche
30-03-2007, 23:54
mmm I'm loving it already.

Wet One
31-03-2007, 00:38
i love it. sooooo easy to bring enough conters to destroy all the people running classic crap builds!!! xD it makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside

Arutima
31-03-2007, 07:13
watched some matches and

BoA, Rspike,Rit spike/spirit spam/SF spike/paragorn spear ganking (dunno if we can say it when talking about spears lol) were legion... god help us.

Was thinking about returning in HA, once more, but all the cookie cutterness is making my eyes bleed

Natus
31-03-2007, 16:36
Too bad it sucks now worse than it already did.

Your constant negativity pains me inside. :undecided:

Savsuds
31-03-2007, 19:14
I agree with Wet One, balance out your build with those 2 extra characters. If you decide to run a spike or spam build, don't complain about others doing it also, learn to play balanced.

Metafrank
02-05-2007, 10:41
I liked 8v8. They changed it to 6v6. I liked 6v6, but everyone else wanted them to change it back to 8v8. They changed it back to 8v8. Everyone who had said they wouldn't play unless they switched it back to 8v8 played for 2 days... Now there are more and bigger jumps than ever.
It was never Anet's fault, it was the people demanding a change and then not using what was changed afterwards.

Lone Cipher
02-05-2007, 23:29
^ /agree
anet is highly involved in updating skills / balancing the game. in thier efforts to balance they made halls 6v6. ppl protested to get thier way. i enjoyed both 8v8 and 6v6. but if you can run the same builds since guild wars went up, it isnt balanced. gvg has a changing / evolving meta. you cant run something that you ran last year. you cant depend on having 8 ppl to spike (splits).
idk, ill play both when i'm bored. but i had more fun with 6v6.

Ranger Nietzsche
02-05-2007, 23:53
ANet didn't make halls 6v6 for balance purposes.

They did it because they realized it had problems. Then noticed on a double fame weekend that people enjoyed 6v6. So they changed it and left it to rot.

Notice all of the efforts to change HA only started coming 8 weeks after 6v6 started. THAT was when ANet attempted to take an active role in fixing HA. Not when they changed it to 6v6.

David Holtzman
02-05-2007, 23:54
It was never Anet's fault, it was the people demanding a change and then not using what was changed afterwards.

No, the problem was one of too little too late. What happened was all the harcore HAers left at the 6v6 change and went to GvG (or left the game). Anet still hadn't fixed the problems with halls so it still sucked. They eventually started fixing the problems, and then eventually turned it back to 8v8. Too late! All the HAers who went to GvG now played GvG and saw no reason to go back to HA. Why should we when GvG gives us free mousepads and shiny capes? All the ones who had left the game stayed gone. Anet, instead of listening to their alpha testers (who actually, you know, played HA) decided they knew what was best for it. They blew it completely (several people warned them of precisely what would happen. It all turned out to be true) and killed the format.

Ranger Nietzsche
02-05-2007, 23:55
No, the problem was one of too little too late. What happened was all the harcore HAers left at the 6v6 change and went to GvG (or left the game). Anet still hadn't fixed the problems with halls so it still sucked. They eventually started fixing the problems, and then eventually turned it back to 8v8. Too late! All the HAers who went to GvG now played GvG and saw no reason to go back to HA. Why should we when GvG gives us free mousepads and shiny capes? All the ones who had left the game stayed gone. Anet, instead of listening to their alpha testers (who actually, you know, played HA) decided they knew what was best for it. They blew it completely (several people warned them of precisely what would happen. It all turned out to be true) and killed the format.

QFT he says it better than me. Except that it wasn't ALL of ANet who blew it. There were a few voices of reason there.

Buddah
03-05-2007, 20:14
Pretty much right, but there were many that left or were going to GvG before 6v6. 6v6 just gave them the final excuse they needed.

slipVaYnE
04-05-2007, 12:47
I didn't really like 6v6 at the time..but now I realize I miss it.

At least in 6v6 when your team failed, it failed faster. Not an hour to make a pug understand what the build is, then ragequit after the first loss.

:\