PDA

View Full Version : how to get to ranked?

TheAlchemist
07-04-2007, 17:44
omg this is just impossible and is taking like forever...

before the event last week i had 12 Fame from some iway runs 7 months ago or something. then i was like this is going way to slow so i quit HA.
now since the event i started to battle in HA again and reached 80 fame in the past week (including the event). I played like more then 5 hours a day, finding me a group. practicing spikes and everything. and i was wondering how you get to 180 fame?with pug/Spike groups you can win the first battle and receive 1 Fame and with a bit of luck you also win the next battle and get the whole 2 fame. and not a single guild accepts low ranked players even if they are active or willing to learn. (been trying all day to get me into a HA based guild)

so i was wondering if i am the only one having troubles to reach to at least R3 so i can get into a group with more chances to win.

Cheers.

Lytel
07-04-2007, 18:42
Yeah it's a catch-22 situation. To get into the good groups you need to be ranked, and to get ranked fast you need to play in good groups, not unranked random disorganized groups that fail so much. Grinding fame 1 or 2 points at a time is terrible, especially when you have to wait to get a group and fight the NPCs every time.

You could also try to get into a guild that does HA a lot, but they usually have a rank requirement too.

Lord Azhren
08-04-2007, 03:35
I have that problem a lot too, and the funny thing is, I'm NOT a bad player lol. In fact, the few good groups that I've been accepted into have complimented me on my playing and I've been invited to join some nice HA based guilds, but I'm already leading my own guild/alliance and don't want to leave. I wish more ranked players were willing to help lower ranked players learn. I don't understand why they'd see it as a bad thing, most of them complain all the time about how there aren't enough good people to play with... well... why complain? Why not help change it!? I know once I get higher in rank, I will certainly be willing to help teach anyone who is willing to learn.

shardfenix
08-04-2007, 05:39
omg this is just impossible and is taking like forever...

before the event last week i had 12 Fame from some iway runs 7 months ago or something. then i was like this is going way to slow so i quit HA.
now since the event i started to battle in HA again and reached 80 fame in the past week (including the event). I played like more then 5 hours a day, finding me a group. practicing spikes and everything. and i was wondering how you get to 180 fame?with pug/Spike groups you can win the first battle and receive 1 Fame and with a bit of luck you also win the next battle and get the whole 2 fame. and not a single guild accepts low ranked players even if they are active or willing to learn. (been trying all day to get me into a HA based guild)
Roffle.
I got more than 80 fame per hour running henchway with only 2 monks - dunkoro and zaishen healer. Maybe if you were good, you would get fame.

Iway less IMO

Nkah Sennyt
08-04-2007, 05:40
Iway less IMOPot, kettle, etc.

Hero/henchway is an okay start, but I'd suggest guildies/friends who know what they're doing.

Natus
08-04-2007, 05:50
It's not that hard, really.

But then again, what do I know? I quit after getting my r6 months ago...Got bored.

shardfenix
08-04-2007, 09:42
Tip number 1: Never run what you see on observe. It is either:
1: You have no idea how it wins and shouldn't run it
or 2: It's a garbage build.

HA has, at any given time, zero good teams in it. Take individal builds you see on observe in GvG and put a few of them together to make a good HA group. Also, metagaming = ftw.

BTW I won halls 3 times today with simple thievery on my bar. E/Me spirit spammer ftw!

Djinn Effer
08-04-2007, 10:49
The quality of players in HA has really went down by a large extent. A couple days ago I went in with a friend and 2 friends that haven't played for 6 months and over a year. We were just messing around and well... We took heroes and pretty much destroyed teams. It was quite sad, beat team after team... We even beat XoO, lol... I was pretty amused that they're still around and losing.

Oh by the way. To get fame, um.. Just play more, eventually you won't need a guild, you'll have made enough friends that will know that you're decent (or not, but still like you.. depending on your situation) and play with you, so it's easier to get people for groups and go in more often, thus generating more fame... (That is, if you win.) Well, good luck with that. It's pretty much easier now than it has ever been in the history of GW.

Ryuujinx
08-04-2007, 11:26
It's not that hard.

Rule1: Start your own groups.
Rule2: Start your own groups.
Rule3: Start your own groups.

Seriously, figure out a build you think will work and pick up people to run it. If nothing else run the meta to r3. (I know the meta sucks, but fame is fame.)

Pummeling Giant
08-04-2007, 16:03
i just got my KD warior thru PvE so i'll try my PvE build out soon. i dont get fame much mostly because i dont PvP. Try getting a good group-pratice. then you might get into a good guild.

Alleji
08-04-2007, 21:01
Trying out PvE builds is not a good idea. Nobody is going to attack you if they see you're a riposte/healing breeze wammo. They'll kill your team (which is probably just as bad - who else would take a riposte wammo?) and then kill you as you try to rebirth a monk.

EDIT: This is what happens to PvE builds in HA (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Zerg0nator2/SF-OWNZZZZZ.jpg) (note the timer)

Nazpharoz
09-04-2007, 01:55
Trying out PvE builds is not a good idea. Nobody is going to attack you if they see you're a riposte/healing breeze wammo. They'll kill your team (which is probably just as bad - who else would take a riposte wammo?) and then kill you as you try to rebirth a monk.

EDIT: This is what happens to PvE builds in HA (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Zerg0nator2/SF-OWNZZZZZ.jpg) (note the timer)

lol, nice screenshot.
had a week ago an other nice thing.

holding out way over 10 minits inside the underworld against a paragon spike with a gvg pressure build. we went their just for the fun.

Ranger Nietzsche
09-04-2007, 02:42
We even beat XoO, lol...

not much meaning behind that anymore, or ever really. I beat them once with a build whose only damage was famine and mind wrack.

Shards right, you can pretty much just run 8 individual GvG bars if your team has talent for it. If not theres some nice gimmicks like that SF thing somebody used that you can mindlessly grind a few maps with. Anything with 2 skilled mesmers pwns the caster spikes hard.

Savsuds
09-04-2007, 06:10
not much meaning behind that anymore, or ever really. I beat them once with a build whose only damage was famine and mind wrack.

Shards right, you can pretty much just run 8 individual GvG bars if your team has talent for it. If not theres some nice gimmicks like that SF thing somebody used that you can mindlessly grind a few maps with. Anything with 2 skilled mesmers pwns the caster spikes hard.
Heck, one decent MoR mesmer can do that all by him/herself. Mirror the attunements/aegis, diversion other stuff out, etc etc.

TheAlchemist
09-04-2007, 20:31
Roffle.
I got more than 80 fame per hour running henchway with only 2 monks - dunkoro and zaishen healer. Maybe if you were good, you would get fame.

Iway less IMO

lol you miss the whole point. superficial child. don't give me retarted answers like "maybe if you were good, you would get fame" omg..

peace out princess.

Miraino Kakera
10-04-2007, 16:51
Tbh, tombs is worthless. I've been 103 away from my tiger for a hella long time and frankly, it's not even worth trying to get. Rank is kind of useless now; there's nobody in tombs left worth fighting. Of course this is just my opinion, but tombs sucks ***. What are you going to do with your new found rank? Nobody worth a **** cares about tombs anymore. GvG >> tombs

MoonUnit
10-04-2007, 17:36
Tbh, tombs is worthless. I've been 103 away from my tiger for a hella long time and frankly, it's not even worth trying to get. Rank is kind of useless now; there's nobody in tombs left worth fighting. Of course this is just my opinion, but tombs sucks ***. What are you going to do with your new found rank? Nobody worth a **** cares about tombs anymore. GvG >> tombs

Huh? :huh:

priam
10-04-2007, 19:09
why do ppl HA? so when they type /rank they don't see that stupid msg :tongue: "You must obtain a rank level 3 or higher to use this emote."

To be honest, the best way to get fame is to go in there with a fun build ... if you aren't serious into HA. For instance, back when HA was 6-man and before the all necro teams were popular, my brother and I, along with one of our friends ran a minion factory in there. We got around 30 fame in one night, got to halls twice, with it, and had a blast. We weren't using jagged bones, we were using a BiP/saccer, an MM, tainted-warder and whatever. We were seeing how many minions we could get up and running before battle. And it was just something that we wanted to do, hadn't seen many MF's in HA during 6-man runs so....

Anyhow, I digressed, just play around, get something that you and your friends/guild would have fun doing, and go in and enjoy it...if all you are trying to do is grind until you get your r3, then it'll feel like an eternity.

KicknDave
10-04-2007, 19:22
One must win 180 times in the Underworld to be considered "decent"...maybe.

B Ephekt
10-04-2007, 23:01
acid ownzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

I pretty much agree with you, but fighting aoe ****way teams on jade isn't much better tbh.

Savsuds
10-04-2007, 23:02
One must win 180 times in the Underworld to be considered "decent"...maybe.
I would amend this to say, "One must win EVERYTIME in the maps leading up to Broken Tower to be considered "decent"...maybe."

3 ways are sometimes purely luck based.

B Ephekt
10-04-2007, 23:05
I don't know, there is certainly some luck involved, but if you position yourself and choose your fights well you can win 90% of the time.

halfthought
11-04-2007, 00:19
Roffle.

Iway less IMO

If hes a beginner how in the hell would he be good? :rolleyes:

And they say HA is empty these days :rolleyes: ...just blame that guy for setting noobs in the right direction of elitism and misguidance :rolleyes:

Miraino Kakera
11-04-2007, 03:24
acid ownzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

I pretty much agree with you, but fighting aoe ****way teams on jade isn't much better tbh.

I never really liked our build. It was stupid imo, but it rolled, so no complaints here.

Djinn Effer
11-04-2007, 04:18
I love how these threads always turn out. o_o

Miraino Kakera
11-04-2007, 14:07
I looked back at my first post, sounds like pointless ranting to me. So to reiterate, tombs is useless, there's really no reason for you to be trying to get fame now. There's nothing you can really do with it.

I love how these threads always turn out. o_o

:x

KicknDave
12-04-2007, 01:54
Lol or that too savsuds. Oh by the way, I think I've GvG'ed against you a long time ago. We beat you but then 2 nights later you rolled us into resignation. I think...Anyway...

Ryuujinx
12-04-2007, 04:20
and not a single guild accepts low ranked players even if they are active or willing to learn. (been trying all day to get me into a HA based guild)

My guild generaly only takes r5+ people, but there are exceptions, if we play with you and oyu're good you'll get an invite. I mean I'm an exceptiuon after all, only have 260 fame or so.

If you're in NA drop me or adam a whisper, we'll do a run, if oyu're good we'll get oyur r3 in short order. And if you're not good, we might take you and make you good :P

My IGN: Pvp characters - Not a pvp character/ Mantra of pie
Pvve characters - dazra deathbringer, dazra lightbringer

Adam's IGN: Xantos Toraan is what he'll likley be on.

But yeah, if you have skill, then alot of guilds will give you a trial run and invite you. If you're not good, some are nice enought o teach you as long as you aren't a moron or anything.

Guild name is we don't do it on purpose[pimp] , we're primarily HA based right now, waiting til we have more people before doing GvG. Luxon and NA based, drop me or adam a whisper if you're interested.

shardfenix
13-04-2007, 00:33
I got my tiger just because it looks cool. Pretty much stopped playing after I hit 4665. Don't exactly know where the extra 4k came from tho :/

NeHoMaR
30-04-2007, 02:37
how to get to ranked?Man, you are wondering how to get 180 fame? Imagine myself, I am rank 6, I am actually wondering how in the hell I will make the +3.000 fame I need for rank 9. Specially being myself a no-guild man :sealed:

If you think being "ranked" (rank 3, or even rank 6) will help you a thing, you are very wrong! believe me! :embarassed: That days when you was a God for having a Wolf emote are gone! The tiger still impress a little!

flaming caster
02-05-2007, 11:55
you cant really meta to r3, since the only thing unranked pugs can do is sf, or heroway.

thats why you need to get friends and play with the same people over and over,
the key to this is just playing with people, and ask them if you ever want to form a group together.

then start your own groups and offcourse, get ventrillo or teamspeak (and a working microphone)