PDA

View Full Version : Do the luxons get pushed back...

Frybringer
21-04-2007, 00:26
Do the luxons get pushed back as much as the kurzicks?
I havent seen Kaanai Canyon that much. Tho i probably just miss it i wanna know. Have the luxons been pushed back in a while?

Wonderboy Jack
21-04-2007, 01:54
well it has been grenz for days, i havent seen kanai kanyon yet in ages!

Masoj Hunett
21-04-2007, 01:59
kanai sux i think. Luxons seem to be doing better than the kurzicks lately i think because the line is constantly at grenz imho. WOOT go LUXONS!!! Actually, I like fighting at etnaran and saltspray best. I hate grenz :/ . Kurzicks use to be better and push to kanai once in a while, but it seems the best team lately is luxons.

Wuzzman
21-04-2007, 02:30
lol the luxons are owning the kurz...sorry but the kurz are just chickens with their heads cut off.

Minionman
21-04-2007, 05:17
It goes in phases, sometimes the Kurzicks do well, sometimes Luxons do well. Last week the Kurzicks seemed to be hendling themselves well, so wait another week or two, Kanaai canyons will show up soon.

Jono Mozza
21-04-2007, 10:23
i hope it doesnt go to kanai. last time it took 30mins to fight some kurz

Amadei
21-04-2007, 13:37
lol the luxons are owning the kurz...sorry but the kurz are just chickens with their heads cut off.

Headless chickens who earn easy faction ^_^. Mmm amber. More Grenz, please.

Sir Chris the Crusader
21-04-2007, 14:59
Well the nearly 1000 people in my alliance (the one that owns cavalon :smiley: ) have a theory on this.

They say that Kurzicks have an extremely fast fff run that many prefer over ab simply becuase it is so fast, unlike our nerfed one.

Kurzicks will ab at their own stages (Grenz and Ancestral) because they love easy wins where they just do their little mob tactic and win more than 2/3 matches (grenz) and 4/5 matches (ancestral). Those numbers are my typical battle experiences there.

When the stage hits our side, or even the middle, many of them cower because they don't like a fair fight and cringe at the sight of them losing and not being able to insult us every match. They have a great fff quest so they don't need to ab anyway.

Luxons on the other hand love to fight at Saltspray, simply because we are so greatful when the stage is not grenz frontier. I happen to love Saltspray becuase it was the most well made ab stage ever made, as it is perfectly balanced and fun to play.

When they do happen to push us back to our stages, they leave and do fff and we crush the ones who are left even in Saltspray, and the stage is grenz again. They return and start beating the snot out of us. Still, we don't leave, as we have no good fast faction farming quest.

The large number of people who stay on our side mean that we win more battles on their side than they would at ours, thus resulting in a slower pushback and it works out just how they want it. They have manipulated the system to keep it on Grenz and Ancestral like 75% of the time.

It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!:shocked:

Minionman
21-04-2007, 19:11

Just random chance I'd say. (I've been playing since factions came out, and the border has been all over the place, though in the earliest parts of factions it seemed the Kurzicks had a slight advantage in that the border was much more often at etnaran keys than saltspray.)

Wuzzman
21-04-2007, 20:26
Well the nearly 1000 people in my alliance (the one that owns cavalon :smiley: ) have a theory on this.

They say that Kurzicks have an extremely fast fff run that many prefer over ab simply becuase it is so fast, unlike our nerfed one.

Kurzicks will ab at their own stages (Grenz and Ancestral) because they love easy wins where they just do their little mob tactic and win more than 2/3 matches (grenz) and 4/5 matches (ancestral). Those numbers are my typical battle experiences there.

When the stage hits our side, or even the middle, many of them cower because they don't like a fair fight and cringe at the sight of them losing and not being able to insult us every match. They have a great fff quest so they don't need to ab anyway.

Luxons on the other hand love to fight at Saltspray, simply because we are so greatful when the stage is not grenz frontier. I happen to love Saltspray becuase it was the most well made ab stage ever made, as it is perfectly balanced and fun to play.

When they do happen to push us back to our stages, they leave and do fff and we crush the ones who are left even in Saltspray, and the stage is grenz again. They return and start beating the snot out of us. Still, we don't leave, as we have no good fast faction farming quest.

The large number of people who stay on our side mean that we win more battles on their side than they would at ours, thus resulting in a slower pushback and it works out just how they want it. They have manipulated the system to keep it on Grenz and Ancestral like 75% of the time.

problem...luxon love to mob too....the end game maps are designed so that the person in the big castle usually wins anyway...kurzicks just sucks no conspiracy there...

StickyPanda
21-04-2007, 22:22
Umm i was in canyon like a douple days ago, then the day after i was in kurz deep territory. Had fun trapping the bridge and using EoE. ^_^

YOmmi
22-04-2007, 00:57
I think all the stages are pretty much even.... in terms of Saltspray being neutral and everything else giving their teams a home field advantage and that each side have their winning streaks.

I also see that each side does have their general tactics (btw I play Kurzick). imho: The Luxons mob a LOT... and that's when we get pwned. However, the Kurzicks, although mob then and now, like running around and capping more. This is just what I've seen.

Also... I've noticed that Luxons like to use touchies and MMs a lot more than the Kurzicks. However, this could possibly just be from me fighting them all the time and not knowing what's on my own alliance.

Wuzzman
23-04-2007, 15:26
I think all the stages are pretty much even.... in terms of Saltspray being neutral and everything else giving their teams a home field advantage and that each side have their winning streaks.

I also see that each side does have their general tactics (btw I play Kurzick). imho: The Luxons mob a LOT... and that's when we get pwned. However, the Kurzicks, although mob then and now, like running around and capping more. This is just what I've seen.

Also... I've noticed that Luxons like to use touchies and MMs a lot more than the Kurzicks. However, this could possibly just be from me fighting them all the time and not knowing what's on my own alliance.

it only looks like the luxons use different tactics since you are the ones fighting them. But remember that is your experience. Luxon usually complain that we use touchers/mm's and love to mob. If you pay attention to what people are advertising before battle you will find the very builds the kurzs usually complain about. You give anyone an MM and you have a mob.

mmorpg man
23-04-2007, 20:28

cringe I don't think so. you luxons mostly stock up on mm's, spirit spammers and wammo's. thats why I always carry unnatural signet with me and I love watching the mm's face as I destroy his entire army in a matter of minutes lol! personally I think this thread isn't going to get anywhere and will turn into a flaming contest between the luxons and the kurzicks. this is not what the game is about. I say close this thread before the posts get offensive

Wuzzman
23-04-2007, 22:10
cringe I don't think so. you luxons mostly stock up on mm's, spirit spammers and wammo's. thats why I always carry unnatural signet with me and I love watching the mm's face as I destroy his entire army in a matter of minutes lol! personally I think this thread isn't going to get anywhere and will turn into a flaming contest between the luxons and the kurzicks. this is not what the game is about. I say close this thread before the posts get offensive

lol, it is about luxon vs kurzicks

mmorpg man
23-04-2007, 23:28
I can't see the difference except in the difference of cape colour between the 2 factions. this thread is pointless

StickyPanda
24-04-2007, 02:27
this thread has become, (and yes mmorpg man, you contribute to this) a giant occusation of who uses which builds in AB and who uses what tactics.

Both teams mob and use cap tactics. If a team has a well built MM army they usually stick with them for higher survivability. If there is good coordination they stick together and cap. They are both good tactics and can both win the games.

I don't consider any build in AB cheap. People just call it cheap and get mad because it tears through them and is smartly and efficiently put together. This is why E/Ds, BoA sins, Spirit Spammers, Flaming Arrow Archers, Diversion Mesmers, Wammos, MMs, and touch rangers all recieve heat on the battlefield.

So can we cut the discussion on which team is more "cheap" and get back to which team is in the others territory.

mmorpg man
24-04-2007, 14:31
this thread has become, (and yes mmorpg man, you contribute to this) a giant occusation of who uses which builds in AB and who uses what tactics.

I can admit to that.

So can we cut the discussion on which team is more "cheap" and get back to which team is in the others territory.

here here !

Eye of Nivawk
25-04-2007, 06:04
I enjoy aliance battles most of all the PvP versions in all of GW, although i have not tried the new hero battles. I notice that both Kurz and Lux play about the same, but from own experience (I did i stint for the Kurz) the Kurz are more business like and less jovial. Not here to debate that. I see alot more mobs from the kurz but im the sort of person you kill as im done killing the AI at the shrines. I only hang out with the MM if im running distraction. I play N/R life stealer, i get sins, warriors, and casters. I have issues with spikers and spirit spammers. Its fun doing that, i said that kept trying to "take out the MM".

I find that both sides play about the same, fight for their land, and protect resources. So why exactly are we fighting each other? Shiro dies and throws everything into a huge mess. We are all gamers and yet we hate each other. What if we united and took the KC area from them? Or if we went to ascalon and made the charr into fertilizer and turtle food? Expansion is the answer to our problems! Onward Canthans, expand your resources! Engulf the armies of the unworthy, destroy any who would stand in our way!

mmorpg man
25-04-2007, 22:37
thats an interesting solution to the problem we face

sabare
06-05-2007, 04:37
i have never seen luxons be pushed back. i have never been to kanai canyon

chirthain
12-05-2007, 16:36

And again a thread with people saying "Luxon sucks" or "Kurzicks sucks". You know what, Kurzick and Luxon are EXACTLY the same, only the name is different.

mmorpg man
14-05-2007, 16:18
And again a thread with people saying "Luxon sucks" or "Kurzicks sucks". You know what, Kurzick and Luxon are EXACTLY the same, only the name is different.

wow for a minute I thought I was the only person here with a brain in my head.

shardfenix
17-05-2007, 23:45
im surprised people actually care. I like saltspray and etnaran the most.

Warskullx
19-05-2007, 16:57
The luxon side maps are a lot better aesthetically.

mmorpg man
20-05-2007, 14:53
in what way?

Ranger Nietzsche
22-05-2007, 00:09
I agree with Warskull, much nicer, more open less dark and tree-ey

the ettins kiss
22-05-2007, 09:19
Perhaps the fact that most casual players who occasionally do AB prefer kurzick and remain kurzick.
If I would have been a fanatic AB player I would probably play luxon, as luxons don't have to wait nearly as long as the kurzick players do to enter a battle.
No doubt this contributes to the fact that luxons seem to be slightly better at AB

Bronze Serpent
11-06-2007, 09:54
In reference to the OP:

Due to the recent weekend bonus on faction, I was ABing for the Kurzicks a lot this weekend.

Saturday night (GMT) the Kurzicks were very far in to Luxon territory (Kanai Canyon), so it does still happen.

Not that we were best pleased, however. You could almost hear the collective groan when the map changed to Kanai Canyon. As AB maps go (and I've played for both the Kurzicks and the Luxons in the past), I find this one to be extremely irritating to play on.

Kindest regards,

~ Raven Spiritstorm

Rhadix
11-06-2007, 12:17
My Guild was Luxon , went Kurzick and now is back to Luxon again and I have found no difference in players/builds/play styles at all.

As for the maps , Kanai is absolutely terrible i find and usually can't be bothered to play on it though I will persevere with Ancestral lands as it looks nice.

Etnaran and Saltspray are very enjoyable but Grenz is by far the best to play imo :grin:

mmorpg man
11-06-2007, 12:46
thats probably because they are the ones played most often so people get used to them and grow to like them more than the others

trekkie dude
11-06-2007, 19:05
this is my opinion but i think anet rigged the weekend. friday is was somewhat even, the map can go either way. when saturday came every game i played was at the keys and it stayed there for hours. it wasn't until later at night or mid day that we got the luxon stronghold. then on sunday it was kuriz turn. so saturday it was luxon's turn of getting a lot of factions then sunday it was kuriz turn.

Amadei
12-06-2007, 10:41
Not that we were best pleased, however. You could almost hear the collective groan when the map changed to Kanai Canyon. As AB maps go (and I've played for both the Kurzicks and the Luxons in the past), I find this one to be extremely irritating to play on.

I'm Kurzick too and I LOVE Kanaai Canyon. I'd play Canyon over Keys, as in my experience Etnaran Keys makes Kurzicks play like absolute morons 99% of the time (not capping, running out of the main entrance when the entire Luxon armada is there instead of using the side teleporters...)

My favorite map to play on is Saltspray because it's really balanced and it offers neat bonuses like the Shielding Urns and the dragon, of course :D

Camaris Spectre
27-06-2007, 19:00
I'm Kurzick too and I LOVE Kanaai Canyon. I'd play Canyon over Keys, as in my experience Etnaran Keys makes Kurzicks play like absolute morons 99% of the time (not capping, running out of the main entrance when the entire Luxon armada is there instead of using the side teleporters...)

My favorite map to play on is Saltspray because it's really balanced and it offers neat bonuses like the Shielding Urns and the dragon, of course :D

It's funny to see you say that because I was just going to comment that the Luxons just seem to loose their minds in Saltspray. [Zombie Voice]The dragon.. must.. have.. the dragon. [/Zombie Voice].