PDA

View Full Version : Mesmer Power Block Build

Mystic Memory
28-04-2007, 16:26
Hi,

I was wondering what the basic skills of a power block mesmer usually consists of. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it :smiley:

thanks.

B Ephekt
28-04-2007, 16:54
Diversion
Shame
Power Block
Power Leak
Utility (Shatter Enchantment, Mirror of Disenchantment, Blackout, Energy Burn)
Utility (Gale, Draw conditions)
Glyph of Lesser Energy (or Power Drain)
Rez Sig (or Rez Chant)

Some things depend on the secondary profession, like Draw Conditions or Rez Chant. I generally prefer to put Rez Chants on MoR mesmers though.

Mystic Memory
28-04-2007, 20:28
Hi thanks that helped alot

I just have 1 question though, is using shame worth it without MoR? Being 30 second cooldown and lasting just 6 seconds?

Thanks again.

Nazpharoz
29-04-2007, 00:53
if you place some points inside domination then shame is already nice to be used.

EcHoMaN
29-04-2007, 03:15
Personally I like
fast cast 9
dom 14
insp 11
2 heal
P block
P leak
diversion
e burn
shatter
sig humility
power drain
res chant

David Holtzman
29-04-2007, 05:08
I generally run with:

PBlock
PLeak
Diversion
Burn
Shatter
Utility- shame, drain, mirror, blackout, gale, web
Glyph Lesser
Rez

Shame at 6seconds is alright. I'm not too big a fan personally. I don't see why I should use a 6s shame when I could just as easily use a 6s diversion. The only thing shame is really nice for is its cast time, making it pretty good at catching gsac hardrez so I have time to get diversion off.

shardfenix
01-05-2007, 04:28
Personally I like
fast cast 9
dom 14
insp 11
2 heal
P block
P leak
diversion
e burn
shatter
sig humility
power drain
res chant
2 heal res chant? Why not bring resurrect it has twice the range.
I run 10 heal on my mesmers. 11+2+1 dom, rest insp and FC (you dont even really need FC).

David Holtzman
01-05-2007, 04:43

100% hp vs 25% hp. Who cares about energy when they should have died on a low set?

flaming caster
02-05-2007, 10:38
the build completely depends on the rest of your gvg build

like: if you want to spike, you take energy burn, shatter enchantment
if you want some utility and add some pressure you can go for shatter hex

Warskullx
13-05-2007, 19:56
I generally run with:

PBlock
PLeak
Diversion
Burn
Shatter
Utility- shame, drain, mirror, blackout, gale, web
Glyph Lesser
Rez

Shame at 6seconds is alright. I'm not too big a fan personally. I don't see why I should use a 6s shame when I could just as easily use a 6s diversion. The only thing shame is really nice for is its cast time, making it pretty good at catching gsac hardrez so I have time to get diversion off.

Shame stops the spell from going through and hits their energy. Well timed shames are absolutely devastating to monks. Diversion screws the guy in the future if they cast through it. Shame screws them immediately. Shame is a very underestimated skill.

David Holtzman
13-05-2007, 22:12
Shame stops the spell from going through and hits their energy. Well timed shames are absolutely devastating to monks. Diversion screws the guy in the future if they cast through it. Shame screws them immediately. Shame is a very underestimated skill.

Shame is alright, but not really that worth it. A 13e hit can hurt, sure, but you don't really use shame for the edenial so much as the skill cancel. But, it's pretty rare that skill cancel is so important. It's pretty nice when catching a hardrez, or catching the odd monk skill on a spike, but it's less generally useful than another skill would be. The 10 second duration allowed for you to keep it going long enough to regen energy while still keeping on the shutdown, but with a 40% reduction it's not nearly so impressive.

Warskullx
13-05-2007, 23:46
Powerblock monk A, immediately Shame Monk B. Possibly Gale Monk B after he tries to cast through the shame. That is plenty of window for a kill. Shame is great when timed with strong offensive maneuvers or spikes.

David Holtzman
14-05-2007, 01:01
Powerblock monk A, immediately Shame Monk B. Possibly Gale Monk B after he tries to cast through the shame. That is plenty of window for a kill. Shame is great when timed with strong offensive maneuvers or spikes.

No way can you communicate that in 6 seconds, not to mention get the warriors cleaned. In any case, diversion in that situation is just as effective. So for that matter is pleak. And both of those skills are pretty good the rest of the time too.

Warskullx
14-05-2007, 18:46
No way can you communicate that in 6 seconds, not to mention get the warriors cleaned. In any case, diversion in that situation is just as effective. So for that matter is pleak. And both of those skills are pretty good the rest of the time too.

No need to communicate gales or shames on the second monk. Just shout "LoD power blocked" and good warriors instinctively spike ASAP, I know you do. Shame isn't the all purpose swiss army knife of shutdown that diversion is, however I have seen it wreck enough monks to be able to justify it on a skill bar.

Gale -> Shame -> Gale is another nice combo for a shutdown period.

Savsuds
14-05-2007, 22:21
No need to communicate gales or shames on the second monk. Just shout "LoD power blocked" and good warriors instinctively spike ASAP, I know you do.
David tends to unload his attacks constantly applying pressure, I would not call it a spike, he just plays very aggressively.

The point David was trying to make was that in the time a spike countdown is started to when the spike lands, it is sometimes difficult to complete the shame gale chain you posted about.

David Holtzman
15-05-2007, 00:00
No need to communicate gales or shames on the second monk. Just shout "LoD power blocked" and good warriors instinctively spike ASAP, I know you do. Shame isn't the all purpose swiss army knife of shutdown that diversion is, however I have seen it wreck enough monks to be able to justify it on a skill bar.

Gale -> Shame -> Gale is another nice combo for a shutdown period.

Shame at 6 tends to fit more into the "if I had a 9th slot" category. It's not a bad skill, but again, why would I take it over say leak, or bout? I would run it on an MoR just because double frequency of use overwhelms the low duration. Sure, LoD gets PB you switch to the other monk, but pleak or diversion work just as well in those situations (albeit less effectively than gale-bout).

David tends to unload his attacks constantly applying pressure, I would not call it a spike, he just plays very aggressively.

Heh, warskull's a guildy of mine, he knows how I play :grin:

Savsuds
15-05-2007, 14:07
Heh, warskull's a guildy of mine, he knows how I play :grin:
I have played with you also, not as much though, and have been on the receiving end of your constant unloading.:cry:

Dogbert
19-05-2007, 16:51
I find that shame fits much better on a mor mesmer skillbar where it has a 15 sec recharge.
I'd rather take power leak or something if i would run powerblock.
Gale - Shame - Gale is indeed a nasty combo.

Yue
02-06-2007, 16:52
I usually run:

Power Block
Shame
Power Leak
Power Drain
Diversion
Drain Enchant
Shatter Enchant
Rez

Lots o fun. YEYE?

exjeh
14-06-2007, 16:21
Powerblock is very very usefull to take out monks , since i'm a monk and had a couple of powerblocks i know :). Powerblock infuse is hard , Powerblock LoD at the other hand is pretty easy, when you powerblock an LoD let ure Tactic caller know and he should do a quick spike since the infuser is unable to use his infuse or other healing skils :)

IdahoaJr
16-06-2007, 01:22
I run 10 heal on my mesmers. 11+2+1 dom, rest insp and FC (you dont even really need FC).

do you even play the game or just post stupid suggestions here? and the point of a hard res on a mesmer is so that it is cast as fast as a res sig, so you will need fast casting.

and since you only run one build set i am guessing that you arent the authority on mesmers and res spells

exjeh
16-06-2007, 10:19
to respond on shardfenix aswell , 10 healing isn't nessicary , since hardress is ment to ress all characters except for the monks , healing improves the amount of energy they get, you're better of with fastcasting , like for casting shatter. Also youre interupts cast faster , and that helps alot.