PDA

View Full Version : [Build] Predator Strike

Masoj Hunett
05-05-2007, 18:08
This is in regards to the other thread about if any assassins use pets. So I was trying to figure out a good build. This is what I came up with. Pls, rate, test, critique, suggest, complement, and so forth.

I have yet to try this in RA [i'm not quite sure if it would work well there or not], but it works well in PvE and in Alliance Battles. If you are in PvE, you can bring a curses necro to cast hexes on your foes [bring suffering], then you can take out siphon speed and put in something else like Critical Strike or Call of Haste

A/R Predator Strike

Critical Strikes: 8 (7 + minor rune)
Dagger Mastery: 12 (10 + minor rune + dagger mastery mask)
Wilderness Survival/Shadow Arts: 7 [depending whether you like troll ungent or shadow refuge better]
Deadly Arts: 4 (3 + minor run)

I use Zealous daggers of defense with a +5 energy inscription, however this is not a total necessity, but it does help to have your max energy over 30. If you time MS so it recharges your skills before you kill your target, then energy shouldn't be too much of a problem because of BLS, but after fighting for a bit, you will start to get low on energy.

1) Charm Animal
2) Comfort Animal
3) Siphon Speed
4) Black Lotus Strike
5) Death Blossom
6) Mobieus Strike
7) Predator Pounce - I chose this because it allows the pet to deal some decent damage and has a quick [5s] recharge. It also costs 5e instead of 10, which is a necessity.
8) Shadow Refuge/Troll Ungent

How to Use:
If pet is dead, cast comfort animal...who would have thought.
Pick a target. If it looks like you may take some damage, cast SR/TU before running in. Cast Siphon Speed if it doesn't have a hex on it and the immediately run in using PP and BLS. Once BLS hits, use DB and then Moebius. Use PP whenever it recharges. REMEMBER: MS will recharge PP as well as DB and BLS, so when my foe is low in health, i keep a finger on 5, 6, abd 7. This way I hit 5 and 7 at the same time, then 6, then 5 and 7. Your target will drop pretty fast. Rinse and Repeat.

Marveric
05-05-2007, 19:29
Why use a pet with 0 BM?
Pounce isn't a reliable knockdown, and if it's just for the KD then you can take Bull's Strike and free 2 slots.

TheDivider
05-05-2007, 20:16
Well its nice thinking outside the box but other classes besides rangers kinda have a hard time making a good build with pets.

Incendently I saw an Assassin in RA today with a pet using Rampage. Well I was a curse necro so that guy didn't last long. I've even seen warriors use Rampage as One but with Energizing Wind. Sad how other classes try to reap certain skills of rangers and yet rangers do it with ease.

By the By ~ like the above poster stated, no points in beastmaster?!?

I mean if you want your pet out it should be doing some decent damage.

Random A/R combos with pets that come to mind >

Feral Lunge
Poisonous Bite
Seeping Wound / Hidden Caltrops
Dark Escape
Return / if people target you while your pet is hitting another person use this on him, LOL -- (not tested)
Malicious Strike ( if you want to attack with your pet )

-----

Hekets Rampage/Tigers Fury
Locusts Fury
Call of Haste
Critical Defenses
Maiming Strike

-----

Comfort
Charm
Strike as One
Shadowy Burden / Heal
Critical Eye
Jagged
Wild
Deathblossom

Strike as One is actually quite fun in PVE ( yet to test it in a pvp setting ) but I ran a R/W with Tigers Fury and normal attack skills did great damage. Adjust accordingly -

Just some random ideas ~

Masoj Hunett
05-05-2007, 20:44
oops forgot BM lol its at 11
I can't edit my first thread :(

It always was at 11, i just forgot to post it.

Also, if you want to bump Wilderness Survival/Shadow Arts down a notch [since troll ungent and Shadow Refuge would still give the same regen] and Dagger mastery down to 1 point to 11, you can put BM up to 12.

Also, Predator's Pounce isn't a KD. You should read your skills. It gives the pet health when it hits and deals more damage.

And like I said before, this build works surprisingly well. I did test it before I posted this and have been playing with it all day.

Marveric
05-05-2007, 20:54
Oops I thought it said Pounce *smacks self in the head*

Aiglos Lorien
06-05-2007, 15:53
cool, i really want to use a pet in a build (yes i know rangers do it the most effectively but...), particularly with the assasin. its a shame that pets hog most of the skill bar and then the dagger attacks... and then the self heal...

ah well, its still fun to use. i'm guessing its ok to be dependent upon the monk in pve, so i guess there is less need to bring a self heal... but still...

anyway yeah i think return synergises quite well with the pet, send the pet in, pet takes most of the aggro, you teleport in... hopefully the pet will survive? errm... yeah i've been a fan of a jagged strike, poisonous bite combo. its interesting... i think its just one of those things you need to keep experimenting with.

As long as its fun! (and effective to some extent). I think i'll try the build out.

Ahrims Assassin
06-05-2007, 20:38
This is in regards to the other thread about if any assassins use pets. So I was trying to figure out a good build. This is what I came up with. Pls, rate, test, critique, suggest, complement, and so forth.

I have yet to try this in RA [i'm not quite sure if it would work well there or not], but it works well in PvE and in Alliance Battles. If you are in PvE, you can bring a curses necro to cast hexes on your foes [bring suffering], then you can take out siphon speed and put in something else like Critical Strike or Call of Haste

A/R Predator Strike

Critical Strikes: 8 (7 + minor rune)
Dagger Mastery: 12 (10 + minor rune + dagger mastery mask)
Wilderness Survival/Shadow Arts: 7 [depending whether you like troll ungent or shadow refuge better]
Deadly Arts: 4 (3 + minor run)

I use Zealous daggers of defense with a +5 energy inscription, however this is not a total necessity, but it does help to have your max energy over 30. If you time MS so it recharges your skills before you kill your target, then energy shouldn't be too much of a problem because of BLS, but after fighting for a bit, you will start to get low on energy.

1) Charm Animal
2) Comfort Animal
3) Siphon Speed
4) Black Lotus Strike
5) Death Blossom
6) Mobieus Strike
7) Predator Pounce - I chose this because it allows the pet to deal some decent damage and has a quick [5s] recharge. It also costs 5e instead of 10, which is a necessity.
8) Shadow Refuge/Troll Ungent

How to Use:
If pet is dead, cast comfort animal...who would have thought.
Pick a target. If it looks like you may take some damage, cast SR/TU before running in. Cast Siphon Speed if it doesn't have a hex on it and the immediately run in using PP and BLS. Once BLS hits, use DB and then Moebius. Use PP whenever it recharges. REMEMBER: MS will recharge PP as well as DB and BLS, so when my foe is low in health, i keep a finger on 5, 6, abd 7. This way I hit 5 and 7 at the same time, then 6, then 5 and 7. Your target will drop pretty fast. Rinse and Repeat.

Interesting, I must try this. *Walks off to buy runes and skills*