PDA

View Full Version : HA unranked fame farmers gathering

cyll
07-05-2007, 13:59
Let me introduce myself: I'm someone who played this game since day one prophecies. I wanted to get the deer emote ever since the first time i saw it. However i played too much PVE (which i like alot) and missed the boat on getting rank back when HA was mostly pugged.

I want to get my deer emote asap now. Not for showing off, but for finally completing a goal i set for myself more than 2 years ago. I'm going to do this, and all interested and unranked guys on this forum can help me (and yourself).

I'm going to run henchway teams. Heroes just OWN humans like a hot knife owns butter. We also need only 4 people to start a team which is a bonus.

*We will run monday, tuesday and wednesday from 11-12pm GMT+1. One hour of focused heroway will easily give us 20-30 fame.
*In order to complete the 1hour timeframe everyday, I will forbid my teammembers to ragequit. If you leave before 12pm you will not be invited again. You can go back to pug-IWAYfarming your rank :wink:
*Only rankless people are invited, that means 179fame or less. We'll show those stupid rankdiscriminators!
*No teamspeak//ventrillo. Heroes are perfect spikers and you just need to follow calls and spiking away. It's not difficult at all.
*Prepare 6k balth faction before 11pm so you can make the most necessary unlocks. I wont boot you over 1 skill but the build needs to be more or less okay. In 1 hour we'll get around 20k faction so this is an easy investment.
*have most of the heroes unlocked, especially monks and eles
*fairplay, no obscene language, not saying GG, not emoting over corpses, not leaving for factiondenial, no swearing etc etc

I need the following: SFeles, SHeles, all kinds of monks (ZB, WoH, LoD infuse, RC, ...), dominations/shutdown/Edenial mesmers, all kinds of necros (mm, ss, hex, battery...), assassins, warriors .... Basically any current metagame build.

if you can find yourself in these rules, and you want to showoff a deer around june, complete the following chart and post it in this thread:

-> IGN:
-> current fame/rank: (irrelevant for joining, but i want to know how many times you will join until you get booted for having a rank (see rules))
-> class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
-> playable builds: (see list)
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES/NO
-> reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested)
-> comments i want to add:

oles
07-05-2007, 21:18
Let me introduce myself: I'm someone who played this game since day one prophecies. I wanted to get the deer emote ever since the first time i saw it. However i played too much PVE (which i like alot) and missed the boat on getting rank back when HA was mostly pugged.

I want to get my deer emote asap now. Not for showing off, but for finally completing a goal i set for myself more than 2 years ago. I'm going to do this, and all interested and unranked guys on this forum can help me (and yourself).

I'm going to run henchway teams. Heroes just OWN humans like a hot knife owns butter. We also need only 4 people to start a team which is a bonus.

*We will run monday, tuesday and wednesday from 11-12pm GMT+1. One hour of focused heroway will easily give us 20-30 fame.
*In order to complete the 1hour timeframe everyday, I will forbid my teammembers to ragequit. If you leave before 12pm you will not be invited again. You can go back to pug-IWAYfarming your rank :wink:
*Only rankless people are invited, that means 179fame or less. We'll show those stupid rankdiscriminators!
*No teamspeak//ventrillo. Heroes are perfect spikers and you just need to follow calls and spiking away. It's not difficult at all.
*Prepare 6k balth faction before 11pm so you can make the most necessary unlocks. I wont boot you over 1 skill but the build needs to be more or less okay. In 1 hour we'll get around 20k faction so this is an easy investment.
*fairplay, no obscene language, not saying GG, not emoting over corpses, not leaving for factiondenial, no swearing etc etc

I need the following: SFeles, SHeles, all kinds of monks (ZB, WoH, LoD infuse, RC, ...), dominations/shutdown/Edenial mesmers, all kinds of necros (mm, ss, hex, battery...), assassins, warriors .... Basically any current metagame build.

if you can find yourself in these rules, and you want to showoff a deer around june, complete the following chart and post it in this thread:

-> IGN:
-> current fame/rank: (irrelevant for joining, but i want to know how many times you will join until you get booted for having a rank (see rules))
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES/NO

-> IGN: Oles Bolt
-> fame - 9
-> expert in ranger, monk, warrior, sin, ele. Proficient in necro, mesmer, rit.
-> any and all builds from those primaries. All pvp.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: - YES
-> reason for obtaining deer emote - to show off.
-> comments - I'm in gmt-6, or Central US. I get off work at 5pm. I think there's a conflict by 1 hour.

boles roor
07-05-2007, 22:49
-> IGN: Dharok The Great
-> current fame/rank: 49 fame
-> class experience 23 months Ranger and Necro experience
-> playable builds: any builds from these two.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
-> reason for obtaining deer emote - beacuse bambi rules.
-> comments i want to add: I currently have exams for the following 2 weeks but after that I can go online every monday, tuesday and wednesday. My timezone is GMT+1

Samas
07-05-2007, 23:39
-> IGN: Edgar Trivium
-> current fame/rank: 0
-> class experience: (almost 2 year) Mesmer, Dervish and Warrior
-> playable builds: I have all but 2 Dervish elites, most Warrior elites and Mesmer elites so this shouldn't pose a problem.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: No specific reason, for show I guess..
-> comments i want to add: I do NOT have factions. This limits my range of skills by quite a lot, however I RA a lot (as of lately) and can unlock most skills from prophecies and nightfall fairly easy, as long as you let me know in advance.

Thanks for taking the time to organize such a thing, I appreciate it :)

That's right, I forgot to add my timezone: GMT+1.

BlackPanthor
07-05-2007, 23:43
-> IGN: Black Panthor
-> Current fame: 18
-> class experience: Warrior, Semi-monk, and tiny bit PvP as ele/sin
-> Playable builds: All Warrior Builds, Most Monk builds and SH/SF/trident ele.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and I will complete every 1-hour farmrun I attend to: Yes
-> Reason: Show-off
->Comments: I am currently in exams but will be done by friday.

Timezone: GMT (UTC+0) [Iceland]

David Holtzman
08-05-2007, 03:42
Does anyone else see the irony in "showing the rankdiscriminators" by discriminating by rank? Not that I have any problem with what's going on mind, I just thought that was funny.

Ranger Nietzsche
08-05-2007, 06:48
Heh, good point I missed that one. Its a good idea tho.

Ladytron
08-05-2007, 09:22
-> IGN: Cobra Kai Never Die (PvP char)
-> current fame/rank: Rank 1, 57 fame.
-> class experience: Monk, Rt and P mostly. Can play most anything but mesmer.
-> playable builds: SF/SH Ele, any monk build, SS nec and propably a few of the other ones aswell.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: To be able to get into more teams in HA.
-> comments i want to add: GMT +1

cyll
08-05-2007, 09:54
Does anyone else see the irony in "showing the rankdiscriminators" by discriminating by rank? Not that I have any problem with what's going on mind, I just thought that was funny.

it's the whole point. i want to prove that rankless people can pwn the ranked if they put effort in it. but i dont want to turn this into elitism.

first run will start today (11pm GMT+1). if you want to join in: be online at around 10:45. i'll pick a team from the people online, hand out the builds, and by 11:05 we'll start farming.

cya tonight

Cyll

Komailan
08-05-2007, 14:05
it's the whole point. i want to prove that rankless people can pwn the ranked if they put effort in it. but i dont want to turn this into elitism.

Cyll

If that is the main reason, I think it's silly. Since I can tell you in advance you can win from ranked teams. It's somewhat a missed opportunity on having a nice organized group with some more experienced players, by excluding ranked people.

Anyway, wish you guys good luck and fun. Oh and ofcourse the deer.

cyll
08-05-2007, 16:02
If that is the main reason, I think it's silly. Since I can tell you in advance you can win from ranked teams. It's somewhat a missed opportunity on having a nice organized group with some more experienced players, by excluding ranked people.

Anyway, wish you guys good luck and fun. Oh and ofcourse the deer.

it's not the main reason, but it's part of the deal. if unranked people want to get rank, they need to pwn rank12 teams. it's all part of the fun :)

thedrjay
08-05-2007, 16:03
good luck with pwning rank 12 teams.

cyll
08-05-2007, 21:20
dang, ofc today my computer crashes ... posting this on my linux-only laptop, which isnt supported by gw ...

i hope i get things fixed by tomorrow. official run delayed one day. stay in touch

B Ephekt
08-05-2007, 21:31
I think you're hurting yourself by not allowing ranked players to help, but good luck in your endeavor.

Btw, GW works just fine in Linux under WINE or Cedega.

Blood seeker
08-05-2007, 21:47
good luck, but don't play the same build over and over again, this way the players you rank still won't be flexible enought to be called decent players, if you just want the emote, this is good. If you want to continu play HA, come with different builds and tactics

Samas
08-05-2007, 22:23
We've been waiting for 30 mins now and there's no Cyll to be seen or heard from :(

EDIT: whoops, completely missed that post Cyll made.. sorry! Guess it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

David Holtzman
09-05-2007, 08:47

Oh, if that's the question you're interested in you should have just asked: you can't prove it because it's not true. A good HA team (if any still exist) will be ranked simply in virtue of being good, and they will probably roll you like nothing. You shouldn't be discouraged by this, but neither should you be surprised. I've seen a lot of unranked teams in my day, and been in quite a few as well. I've also been with and seen the other end of the spectrum, and I can tell you with absolutely no doubt that the highly ranked are ranked for a reason. If you want to gain rank, that's an admirable goal and you should go for it. If you just want to prove reality isn't true, you're wasting your time.

oles
09-05-2007, 08:57
Oh, if that's the question you're interested in you should have just asked: you can't prove it because it's not true. A good HA team (if any still exist) will be ranked simply in virtue of being good, and they will probably roll you like nothing. You shouldn't be discouraged by this, but neither should you be surprised. I've seen a lot of unranked teams in my day, and been in quite a few as well. I've also been with and seen the other end of the spectrum, and I can tell you with absolutely no doubt that the highly ranked are ranked for a reason. If you want to gain rank, that's an admirable goal and you should go for it. If you just want to prove reality isn't true, you're wasting your time.

I believe you misread what he said.
He didn't say "rankless group will always beat a rank 12 group". He said "rankless people can pwn". Don't you think that's true?

cyll
09-05-2007, 21:54

untrue, i have pwned rank9 or top 100 guilds, hall holding teams and the like. i steamrolled them, flawless victory. kinda good for an unranked guy isnt it?
getting ranked just takes time, you are just an arrogant rankdiscriminator, the kind of guy we are going to prove wrong

Samas
09-05-2007, 21:55
Well.. I'm waiting in HA again... see you soon I guess?

Ranger Nietzsche
10-05-2007, 06:48
untrue, i have pwned rank9 or top 100 guilds, hall holding teams and the like. i steamrolled them, flawless victory. kinda good for an unranked guy isnt it?
getting ranked just takes time, you are just an arrogant rankdiscriminator, the kind of guy we are going to prove wrong

congratulations. You just made yourself sound like an ***.

Don't hijack this thread. All your gonna do is make Parker have to close it by devolving it to a rank arguing thread and thus defeat any purpose this thread might have.

If you are going to prove him wrong I suggest you do it quietly.

cyll
10-05-2007, 13:47
congratulations. You just made yourself sound like an ***.

Don't hijack this thread. All your gonna do is make Parker have to close it by devolving it to a rank arguing thread and thus defeat any purpose this thread might have.

If you are going to prove him wrong I suggest you do it quietly.

meh yea sorry for overheating a bit. people like him make my blood boil because of ignorant comments like his. and that's the last I'm going to say about it.

Anyways: little report about our run yesterday. We got a team together quite fast. Classic SF/SH henchway with a solid backline in the form of players. We've fiddled around a bit with classes and builds. We only got 2 fame, but i think we all had a good feeling about the runs. Monday we'll run again, I'm preparing some builds, and I'm sure it'll go alot smoother next time. Practice makes perfect :)

thedrjay
10-05-2007, 14:42
Wow, excellent job pwning rank 12 teams and top 100 guilds!!!

Samas
10-05-2007, 16:47
Wow, excellent job pwning rank 12 teams and top 100 guilds!!!

Please, sarcasm isn't needed here. :laugh:

Jono Mozza
10-05-2007, 17:34
Wont you need more than 6k faction? what about elites etc? i'd say at least 8k, 10k would be better imo.

TheAlchemist
10-05-2007, 18:04
-> IGN: Sacred Strife
-> current fame/rank: 92fame
-> class experience as a monk im very experienced in PvE, Less in PvP
-> playable builds: Lod, ZB, Sf ele
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: to get to R3 and find groups more easily.

shardfenix
10-05-2007, 20:50
I'm going to run henchway teams. Heroes just OWN humans like a hot knife owns butter. We also need only 4 people to start a team which is a bonus.Good heroway teams work because good players run them, by good I mean experienced players who knows what works on heroes in HA. No, Searing Flames is not a build.

*Only rankless people are invited, that means 179fame or less. We'll show those stupid rankdiscriminators![/rank]Rankless is <25 isnt it. Maybe specify emoteless.
[QUOTE=cyll;4866857]
*No teamspeak//ventrillo. Heroes are perfect spikers and you just need to follow calls and spiking away. It's not difficult at all.That's what vent and TS are for.

That's a big team.

My honest advice, if you want rank 3, is to find a build that's easy to play, and that beats lots of teams in a row without much effort or skill (spiritway works...if you want scrubby iway fame). Run that for an hour a day and you'll have rank 3 in a week. If you're up to the challenge, run balanced instead. Heroway is not a good build unless you're leet prosauce.

cyll
10-05-2007, 21:15
-> IGN: Sacred Strife
-> current fame/rank: 92fame
-> class experience as a monk im very experienced in PvE, Less in PvP
-> playable builds: Lod, ZB, Sf ele
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: to get to R3 and find groups more easily.

monday we run again, i'll get in touch with you when we start. try to be online around 10:45 if you want to join in.

grimwold
10-05-2007, 23:39
If this guy wants to get himself and a few other people there deer emote then just let him, whats it got to do with anyone else ?

Have fun Cyll, it is what games were made for afterall. GLHF.

David Holtzman
11-05-2007, 04:12
I believe you misread what he said.
He didn't say "rankless group will always beat a rank 12 group". He said "rankless people can pwn". Don't you think that's true?

It's possible of course, but the cards generally don't play out that way. I don't want him to go in thinking that rank doesn't mean anything only to walk into the wall of death that a ranked team so often is to an unranked team. As I said, he shouldn't be surprised when a ranked team beats him, and he shouldn't be discouraged either. He should be playing to improve himself and his team as players, not to prove something that isn't true. I'm all for him trying to get his rank up, but it's just wasting his time if all he wants to do is try and "show the ranked."

Indeed it is, nice work. I'm not saying that unranked teams can't beat ranked teams. I know I've certainly lost to my fair share of unranked teams in HA, even when we were at the top of our HA form. But if you're looking to prove that rank doesn't mean anything, you're in for a big let down. Rank is an indicator of experience, and you'd just be crazy to say that experience doesn't matter. Experience, like in all games, matters a great deal. Sure, sometimes you're gonna beat the experienced team, but in general you won't. If you're looking to show them that you can really beat them most of the time, you're on a fools errand. Play to make yourself better yes, but don't expect that other people didn't do the same thing.

I wish you the best of luck, but I know where my money is at. I've spent a lot of time in HA; I watched it grow from a small, tightly knit community of top players in id1 into a monster into whatever it is now. In all that time, ranked players have prevailed over the unranked. Sure, getting ranked just takes time. But where you err is in thinking that time spent doesn't make a difference.

asxtc
12-05-2007, 14:52
A cool idea...at least there is someone willing to show a bit of organisation...which the participants will probibly welcome.

However (and i must try and not make this sound like a rank debate thangy..beware the Bobstick)...

I do agree wholly with most of Davids comments..in that:
this idea is ok for getting a few fame for the bambi..but wont make decent HAers out of them.
Yes it is possible to roll a high ranked team..weve all had those battles..but there is a reason why most "beginner" teams heads drop when they see a high rank guild pop up in the window (they realise thier chances of winning are slim the majority of the time.

I do wish the grp all the best...keep your heads up and remember:

Its only a game

cyll
15-05-2007, 19:52
ive got an exam tomorrow (like i said yesterday), and i'll need all the time i have to get ready. tomorrow i'll host another one, but today one of you can take the initiative to host himself. all the names are in this thread, so just whisper them and have some fun :)

cyll

Mog Wai
21-05-2007, 22:00
Are you saying you only want people who have Heroes?

jevn
23-05-2007, 21:24

-> IGN:

I have 79 fame i think.

IGN: What is jevn playin
current fame/rank: 79 fame
class experience: Monk, ranger and necro.
playable builds: alot.
yesyesyes to the rest of the question.

halfthought
23-05-2007, 22:37

erm, if you held halls for like, even a couple times, you should be if not r3, r2 on the verge of becoming r3

melandrus elite
24-05-2007, 00:20
Cyll, what happens when all your pug friends become r3? Will you cast them into the elitist category of ranked people, and make new friends. And how about yourself, will you disclude yourself from activities because you are ashamed that you may have discriminated an unranked person once or twice?

David Holtzman
24-05-2007, 02:47
erm, if you held halls for like, even a couple times, you should be if not r3, r2 on the verge of becoming r3

A bit late on the reply there :wink:

THEBESTGWER
25-05-2007, 21:01
-> IGN: Vanez Blaze
-> current fame/rank:52
-> class experience: pvp exp
-> playable builds: Most builds except monks
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: Always wanted to

oles
26-05-2007, 00:51
Went from fame9 to rank 2 in 3 days of farming.
The biggest fame I got was from pugging with a rank10 zerg group, and from pugging in a spiritway with a rank8 infuser.

Dallcingi
27-05-2007, 18:27
Went from fame9 to rank 2 in 3 days of farming.
The biggest fame I got was from pugging with a rank10 zerg group, and from pugging in a spiritway with a rank8 infuser.

You just got really really really lucky since most people still rank discrim

CrushusMaximus
27-05-2007, 19:01

wrong, he just actually made an effort instead of whining.

oles
28-05-2007, 01:22

I made some friends in HA. I usually go with r6+ now. Bambi is a few days away :)

Productivity
28-05-2007, 03:23

If you stop feeling sorry for yourself and make an effort you might get somewhere.

ElonX
28-05-2007, 21:43
IGN: Icewater Raynez
-> Fame - 41
-> Class experience: Proficient in ranger, ele, mesmer, rit, paragon. Can play the others, but would rather leave those to better players.
-> Playable builds: Most builds in the classes above.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: - YES
-> Reason for obtaining deer emote - I love sparkly stuff.
-> Comments - gmt+1.

oles
30-05-2007, 19:18
And there it is:
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~pvp/files/GW/bambi.jpg

Lunari
31-05-2007, 21:10
Who's with me? I am going for the Dragon emote! I have a whopping 36 fame and I am excited to do some serious HA pwning :grin:

Good job people. I like the show off. I still have to do some good HA to be as cool as you people ^^ (only the deer isnt quite a 'show off' since everyone can get it fairly easy) (for example: I've had my 36 fame in a few hours) (with my HA noob friends) (well one was a r11 ^^)

Houdini
01-06-2007, 05:44
[B]-> IGN: Ms Houdini
[B]-> current fame/rank: 16
[B]-> class experience: Mesmer since day one. I will play any mesmer build you throw at me. Monking started mostly within the last 6 months. Can run almost anything though still working on LoD/Infuse. Bit of experience with SH and SF.
[B]-> playable builds: Ele: SF or SH. Monk: ZB, RC (will give anything a shot). Mesmer: Anything; Dom, Shut, or Edenial.
[B]-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes
[B]-> reason for obtaining deer emote: Simply love Pvp and want to get more talented personally.

Archedgar
02-06-2007, 03:25
Rank is an indicator of experience, and you'd just be crazy to say that experience doesn't matter. Experience, like in all games, matters a great deal. Sure, sometimes you're gonna beat the experienced team, but in general you won't. If you're looking to show them that you can really beat them most of the time, you're on a fools errand. Play to make yourself better yes, but don't expect that other people didn't do the same thing.

I agree with most of what David Holtzman said, with the exception of the above in bold.

I know of many bad players who are high rank, and I know of even more players who gained rank through the old days of IWAY, and even when IWAY died, there was always a gimmick that was being used in order to adquire fame from baseless wins by copying someone else's build to the proverbial "T".

At some point during Prophecies, maybe early factions, tombs and fame meant something, eventually, it just turned into an indicator of how much IWAY or other derivative the player has endured...

In other words, I agree with the original poster, in that, rank matters very little, I won and held halls with some guildmates a long time ago as an infuse monk running aura of faith... and of course, hilarity ensued when my uber rank 2(or was it rank 3? I don't remember) was announced during one of our halls victories... rank matters very little these days, that's pretty much it.

afterglow rx
07-06-2007, 18:31
-> IGN: afterglow rx
-> current fame/rank: 47
->class exp: Elementalist, Monk, Mesmer, Necromancer, Assassin, Dervish
-> playable builds: Ele: (SF, Sandstorm, SB, Runner, Geo-Tank) Monk: (ZB, RC, Blessed Light, WoH) Mesmer: (E-Surge, E-Denial, Degen, Shutdown), Necromancer (SS, MM, Degen, Hex-pressure).....can roll practically anything
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: To gain more exp. in PVP

Kadam
09-06-2007, 21:39
IGN: I Burnt Your Mom
-> current fame/rank: 3 >.>
->class exp: Elementalist Mesmer
-> playable builds: Ele: SF Mesmer: My own custom build
I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: Shmexyness.

Mathius Clarkus
09-06-2007, 22:32
I pugged my way to rank 3 recently having given up for long periods of time on several occasions but i plugged away and got there. I know EXACTLY what you mean, getting a good team is hard for unranked people and thus it is hard to develop as a player. Power to you!

Brodly
18-06-2007, 20:16
> IGN: Mijn Dervish
-> current fame/rank: 51 fame
-> class experience Frontline preferred
-> playable builds: Everything unlocked
-> reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested): Looks Cool :p
-> comments i want to add: Hope I can join
-> Timezone GMT +1

Ugly Betty
22-06-2007, 22:54
i am in the pacific region. GMT -11. i probably wont be able to make most sessions but if anyone else is in this time zone i would appreciate some help to get my bambi.

-> IGN: Sessy Martis
-> current fame/rank: 54
-> class experience ranger, ele, rit,
-> playable builds: have all skills unlocked but prefer ranger, ele, rit
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: so ppl won't make fun of me
-> comments i want to add: i am in GMT -11 (pacific)

xeroxz
30-06-2007, 14:20
-> IGN: Akela The Arcangel
-> current fame/rank: (irrelevant for joining, but i want to know how many times you will join until you get booted for having a rank (see rules)) 3
-> class experience: Elementalist
-> playable builds: LoD Infuser Monk, SFele, Warrior, Necro... Mesmer...
-> reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested) I want to get more titles for my account and its a nice emote :p
-> comments i want to add: My timezone is +1gmt - Europe :)

AshaLeto
30-06-2007, 22:56
IGN: Lamya Aysel
Current Fame/Rank: I have 7 fame points
Class Experiance: Necro (only available pvp character)
Playable builds: Anything any one can give me, i can also mm and ss, I get get faction fast so that isnt a problem to unlock things
I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes
reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested): Would really like to max title completely mainly for title also cause the emote thing is fun and its interesting to do HA just hard to find a group when you have no rank
comments i want to add: timezone -7 GMT I think

Tiyuri
01-07-2007, 00:29
-> IGN: Tiyuri PVP
-> current fame/rank: Rank 10
-> class experience: Everything
-> playable builds: Everything
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Sure!
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: It boosts my self esteem

meatloafman
06-07-2007, 05:06
-> IGN: toraks faith
-> current fame/rank: 66 fame.. "farmed" over countless hours of boredom spent getting a damn team together and inevitably only winning the first match and dying the next.
-> class experience: most everything. only more obscure things, some nightfall skills ive yet to unlock etc. but im comfortable with any build/prof
-> playable builds: anything
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: so it's actually possible to pug, and also because i missed the bandwagon on when it was actually possible to get into a group.
-> comments i want to add: GMT -5 eastern standard time.
-> american dist, (and of course international)

Ryuujinx
06-07-2007, 20:44
My friends and I made a PvP guild for a while, leaving our old guild to do so. We made it right when it back to 8v8 something along the lines of

Shock Axe
Dev Hammer/Second Shock Axe
WT
Mor Mesmer
Expel Hexes Mesmer (gave them SDH and made them run our relics :P )
Lod/Infuse
RC Prot
SoD/SoR/DH (depending on what was being run)

Gave the 2 mesmers E-Burn with some quick folowup (wastrel's demise maybe?) Had The warriors adrenaspike assisted by the mesmers e-burn/demise, usually killed and was alot of fun to run :P

Was a fun build to run, we never made it to halls with it before half the guild got sucked into WoW (Curse wow...)

So while, only r3 I've only been as far as Sacred Temple; I can say Rank is not meaningless. Yes, there are alot of bad,bad high ranked players. We rolled a fair amount of r6 groups etc. But; at the same time we got rolled more often by those r6+ groups.

Just my 2 cents.

Gl with your r3

Daigotsu
28-07-2007, 13:57
-> IGN: Shadow Daigotsu
-> current fame/rank: 4
-> class experience Comfortable with most classes except necros.
-> playable builds: Shele, WoH, LoD, w/e you tell me to.
-> I want it because it's been an ambition that I've left alone for far too long.
-> comments i want to add: If I'm not answering I'm AFK, but I'll try and get back to you.

Ezriandra
28-07-2007, 18:03
If you're still doing this (or if anybody is) I'm interested.

-> IGN: Ezriandra
-> current fame/rank: 145 fame
-> class experience: Mostly played Monk and Elementalist. Would happily play Mesmer too, though I have less experience of that in PvP due to their lack of popularity in the unranked groups.
-> playable builds: All current metagame builds for monk and elementalist. Most necromancer builds. Many mesmer builds (got most of the normal skills, but missing some elites so I'd need to unlock those).
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: I enjoy HA, but it's sometimes difficult to get a group as unranked. Getting R3+ would simply mean that there're more groups around that I can play with.
-> comments i want to add: I'm also on the lookout for a PvP guild (European) and am willing to play any class that's needed. If anybody's needing new members, let me know.

ZaraSaleem
01-08-2007, 17:36
-> IGN: Zara Saleem Numa
-> current fame/rank: Rank 8
-> class experience: Everything
-> playable builds: Everything
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes!
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: I like the deer emote better than my wolf emote

Brother Justin
01-08-2007, 20:28
If you're still doing this (or if anybody is) I'm interested.

I'd like some help with this weekend's event if anyone is interested.

-> IGN: Hardcore Havok
-> current fame/rank: 0
-> class experience: PvE Warrior 2 years. PvP at Aspenwood mainly. Some RA.
-> playable builds: Anything Warrior, mainly sword though. Unlocked all heroes, well equipped with weapons and skills, and I have means to buy additional skills if necessary
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: Cool
-> comments i want to add: I'm just getting into PvP and want to participate in the weekend's event mainly for faction. I'll be on Thurs-Sat from 11 p.m. - 5 a.m. EST

mmorpg man
02-08-2007, 16:16
-> IGN: mid night illusion
-> current fame/rank: no rank, fame=5
-> class experience played PvP mesmer for about a year and have most skills unlocked.
-> playable builds: any mesmer builds
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: not really got a reason
-> comments i want to add: although I'm not interested in the emotes, my ambition is to get all the PvP titles (if possible)

Trinity Fire Angel
03-08-2007, 02:27
IGN: Trinity Fire Angel, Trinity Ice Angel, Angelina Balllerina, Ariella San (plus many other names)
current fame/rank: None
class experience: some AB monk experience, some Ranger experience, Mostly ELE with all secondaries
playable builds: Echo MS & SH ele (i hate SF), Earth Warder, Air Spike, Blind Bot, Fire/Earth Ward Hybrid, E/Mo Smite,
Mo/x Prot/Smite, Mo/x Divine Prot, have infused a little, no LoD or ZB experience.

I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES.
Reason for obtaining deer emote (any is okay, just interested): cause it looks cool.

comments i want to add:

i hope that i am around for the time that you propose. i live in Australia and have always wanted to have a go at HA.
I am willing to play any class really, as i enjoy unlocking skills and make it my aim to learn as much about the meta
of the game and all the different skills in the game. /pickme

Naes Oicneconi
05-08-2007, 04:00
-> IGN: Naes Oicneconi or Ritz Ualist
-> current fame/rank: 12 fame
-> class experience Necro and Ritz mostly pve but played quite a bit of Alliance and RA battles.
-> playable builds: Not sure what's used in pvp but I am SS, Resto Rit, Degen Necro
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: Just to have it, mainly just want to play HA.

VonLego
07-09-2007, 20:56
-> IGN: Calous Frytment or Lord Helmut (pvp)
-> current fame/rank: 22 fame
-> class experience: A/W/E
-> playable builds: I experiement often, always up for new stuff.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: I love PvP and havn't had a chance to HA since my guild opening summer.

I was leader and we managed to do alright for awhile. This was back when tombs was everything. Never managed to take the hall despite our many countless rounds.

Very interested in any organized PvP play. I've just come back to the game again and need to set up a network-- Anyone willing to focus and wants to win PM me for pugs anytime.

Sakkaku Kaikou
11-09-2007, 03:40
-> IGN: Sakkaku Kaikou
-> current fame/rank: 4 fame
-> class experience: Warrior (PvE, a little PvP), Ranger (PvE only), Ritualist (PvP only), and most especially Monk (Lots of both PvE and PvP)
-> playable builds: Any monk builds (I have all but a few EotN skills unlocked); some warrior, necro, ele (SF, mostly), ritualist stuff.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: I really just want to do HA. Though, I kinda want to rank-slap the Charr after I kill them. >..>
-> comments i want to add: I've only ever gotten to do HA very few times, and I've never gotten very far at all. It'd really be nice to get back into the PvP scene after a too-long hiatus.

Ranger Nietzsche
13-09-2007, 19:26
I've decided to keep this thread clean except for submissions, assuming anyone is even still organizing.

Clean means rehashed discussions about the value of Rank can be done in a different thread.

If you feel the need to discuss rank, make a new one.

Arno Sluismans
24-10-2007, 14:53
-> IGN: I Feel Lonely T S C
-> current fame/rank: 1 Fame xD
-> class experience: 95% Mesmer, 5% Mon. :)
-> playable builds: Especially Mesmer or Monk.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: None. I just like HA, and I wanna play HA.
-> comments i want to add: Let's rock!

Enar
24-10-2007, 19:25
-> IGN:Enar Swordman
-> current fame/rank: 20 Fame (gained by event :D)
-> class experience : not so good with mesmer or monk but good with melee or necromancerˇ(damage side).
-> playable builds: Give me build and i 'll unlock it.
-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: Yes.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote : To stand against rankdiscriminators!
-> comments i want to add: I live at +2GMT , maybe we could do it earlyer if we have all people for it.

Dallcingi
05-11-2007, 02:18
Oh my turn.
-> IGN: Soju is Win
-> current fame/rank: 800ish/5
-> class experience monk or ele
-> playable builds: lod/sod/rc/ bsurge/sf/snare
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: i wanna help others i am so bored with gw and crave pvp.
-> comments i want to add: i dont rage... knowning that i am helping others, that will be another reason why i wont rage but help others improve. losing these matches will help me learn as well.

the ettins kiss
09-11-2007, 20:30
-> IGN: Noughtyous maximus
-> current fame/rank: 32
Ally of the kurzicks(4)
-> class experience: finished at least 1 campaign on every profession, I do however have quite a big preference for melee charrs warrior and dervish in particular. Ally of the kurzicks(4)
-> playable builds: I am prepared to roll any build requested.
-> reason for obtaining deer emote: I need a new challenge, nothing to gain in PvE I would want to spend dozens of hours at.
11skills away from AUX
GMT+1
dont mind constructive critisism.

twilight dragon
10-11-2007, 23:44
IGN: Twilight Goddess
Current rank/fame: (don't remember haven't checked in awhile, but let's just make it 0 for the sake of this post)
class experience: I've played almost every one. Most experience with core professions. But I'm a decent dervish as well.
playable builds: Any Ranger, Ele, or Necro ( I'm the best at, and can make requested build if you tell me in advance).
Rules: I agree to your rules. Although I'll have to see what GMT +1 times translate into Pacific U.S. time before I can participate right away. I will also stay for the entire HA session I join.
Reason to gain deer emote: Would like to experience HA and its challenges, and yes because it looks cool :blush:
Other Comments: I don't have every skill unlocked, but I'm willing to unlock any and all skills that are asked for that I don't already have. I am in the Pacific US timezone so I need to figure out what the suggested times are in my timezone before I join...however feel free to contact me here or ingame.

ThaddeusGolaas
07-01-2008, 14:31
It's possible of course, but the cards generally don't play out that way. I don't want him to go in thinking that rank doesn't mean anything only to walk into the wall of death that a ranked team so often is to an unranked team. As I said, he shouldn't be surprised when a ranked team beats him, and he shouldn't be discouraged either. He should be playing to improve himself and his team as players, not to prove something that isn't true. I'm all for him trying to get his rank up, but it's just wasting his time if all he wants to do is try and "show the ranked."

Indeed it is, nice work. I'm not saying that unranked teams can't beat ranked teams. I know I've certainly lost to my fair share of unranked teams in HA, even when we were at the top of our HA form. But if you're looking to prove that rank doesn't mean anything, you're in for a big let down. Rank is an indicator of experience, and you'd just be crazy to say that experience doesn't matter. Experience, like in all games, matters a great deal. Sure, sometimes you're gonna beat the experienced team, but in general you won't. If you're looking to show them that you can really beat them most of the time, you're on a fools errand. Play to make yourself better yes, but don't expect that other people didn't do the same thing.

I wish you the best of luck, but I know where my money is at. I've spent a lot of time in HA; I watched it grow from a small, tightly knit community of top players in id1 into a monster into whatever it is now. In all that time, ranked players have prevailed over the unranked. Sure, getting ranked just takes time. But where you err is in thinking that time spent doesn't make a difference.

That might be the best post I have ever read. Nice work. By the way, I am not a PVP player, I just appreciate your thoughtful post.

Cymru Ranger
15-01-2008, 10:45
Is this still running??? If yes it would be awesome.

IGN: Cymru Ranger

current fame/rank: i dont have any :(

class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
playable builds: Expert Ranger, Dervish and Necro. Mostly Pve builds: SS,MM,Burning poision,AoB Dervish)

I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES

reason for obtaining deer emote: i am not intersted in emotes to be honest. just want to be a good player in pvp.

comments i want to add:none

the ettins kiss
15-01-2008, 23:03
Is this still running??? If yes it would be awesome.

IGN: Cymru Ranger

current fame/rank: i dont have any :(

class experience (especially important for monks or mesmers, pve or pvp exp)
playable builds: Expert Ranger, Dervish and Necro. Mostly Pve builds: SS,MM,Burning poision,AoB Dervish)

I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES

reason for obtaining deer emote: i am not intersted in emotes to be honest. just want to be a good player in pvp.

comments i want to add:none

I am truely sorry but unfortunately this thread is as dead as can be.
I wouldnt bother if I where you :-(

xxlionxx
21-02-2008, 21:13

-> IGN:
[B]-> current fame/rank: (irrelevant for joining, but i want to know how many times you will join until you get booted for having a rank (see rules))

[B]-> IGN: The Unknowned Sin
[B]-> current fame/rank: 6 Fame Points
[B]-> class experience: Assassin, Warrior well basicly meele types
[B]-> playable builds: Any Build that you want me to play i can play it, monk,mesmer,anything you name it, i got all skillz unlocked and builds Saved.
[B]-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
[B]-> reason for obtaining deer emote: No big reason Really just want to reach the rank.

oles
22-02-2008, 14:11
[B]-> IGN: The Unknowned Sin
[B]-> current fame/rank: 6 Fame Points
[B]-> class experience: Assassin, Warrior well basicly meele types
[B]-> playable builds: Any Build that you want me to play i can play it, monk,mesmer,anything you name it, i got all skillz unlocked and builds Saved.
[B]-> I am okay with the rules you propose, and i will complete every 1-hour farmrun i attend to: YES
[B]-> reason for obtaining deer emote: No big reason Really just want to reach the rank.

This thread died only a few weeks after it was started.

Alenia
14-07-2008, 22:17
IGN: Lord Krana
-> 1 fame xD
-> Warrior , Necro , Assasin
-> SS,SS,WoD,coward warrior, cripling slash ,grenths grasp assa, some hammer builds and so on ... )
->YES
-> show off on the organised HA teams
-> Off with rank discrimination !!! (same thing with ursan xD )

MoonUnit
15-07-2008, 01:30
Please check the date of the last post prior to posting.

Last post was 2-22-2008, and it rings 100% true.