PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the old Heroes Ascent

uxxmall
11-05-2007, 01:28
:spammer: :spammer: :spammer: :spammer:

I know Anet made this changes to HA so that farmers and pve`ers get some fame, but can`t u see that now not even half the players that played HA before the changes, play now.
Now HA is all about waiting. Timer resets 10 times, in HOH u wait 30-40 minutes to get an opponent.

And kill count I don`t have words to describe how stupid is that, WHAT WERE U THINKING OMG!!!!!!!
U can`t play a decent balanced build with mesmsers or something becouse u get ganked by spiker's.

doe`s someone from Aned ever reds community forums or ppl just talk in wain???
Any way I quit GW is u don`t changes the HA back how it was or remove the F%$^#ing kill count.

shardfenix
11-05-2007, 07:05
The reason people don't HA isn't because of the objectives (ok it is, but that's only half the reason) The other half of the reason is that...

PvP is not balanced

Old altar holding sucked. If they reverted everything back but kept halls, broken, and CY a king of the hill match, then balanced the game, HA would be awesome.

Ranger Nietzsche
12-05-2007, 06:19
awesomely true.

not to mention balanced builds have NEVER been popular in HA. As long as HA has objectives other than "pwn the other team" then balanced builds are pointless. SOme specific builds will always be better at the objectives.

B Ephekt
12-05-2007, 08:24
Yeah because "pwn the other team" doesn't encourage **** builds like rit spike, paraway or thumpers with 100 spirits.

Tombs is just bad, some people haven't realized this yet for some reason.

Ranger Nietzsche
12-05-2007, 09:48
Well if "Pwn the other team" objective still encourages "janky" play and we assume "janky" play to be bad. Then its not a problem with HA.

If the game isn't balanced around "kill the other team" it isn't really balanced at all. Hardly a tombs problem.

windcaller
12-05-2007, 11:03
would love to play HA as it was in 2005...

B Ephekt
12-05-2007, 18:07
Well if "Pwn the other team" objective still encourages "janky" play and we assume "janky" play to be bad. Then its not a problem with HA.

If the game isn't balanced around "kill the other team" it isn't really balanced at all. Hardly a tombs problem.
Anet missed an opportunity to make tombs at least a few levels below gvg in terms of skillful play and competition. Instead, they added a retarded lever and kill count. They completely failed at encouraging balanced play through diverse objectives; all they did was flip the meta from ultra defense to ultra offense. Not to mention slapping win conditions on top of old maps that are ill suited for the new game play.

You're right though, pvp is currently imbalanced in all arenas of play. Tombs just sucks more than most due to the small maps, endless gimmicks and crap objectives.

would love to play HA as it was in 2005...Tombs, in my opinion, was at its peak around summer 05. We'll never get that meta or level of skill balance back though, sadly.

shardfenix
19-05-2007, 01:16
You don't need to center your build around a particular objextive. The power level of the skills is so ****ed up that a single build can do everything.

Wuzzman
19-05-2007, 13:20
You don't need to center your build around a particular objextive. The power level of the skills is so ****ed up that a single build can do everything.

shard you get funnier and funnier. Any idiot knows that HA has and always will be objective based. Simply by design some builds will ALWAYS overpower other builds because they are, believe or not, better able to complete the objective. Any given map in HA has 1 or 2 strategies that your build is either very effective at or completely useless against. This is a vast contrast to GvG, but I'm in no mood explain this to mr. ranter. This fact is proven by its history, Ha has never favored balance builds no matter how much nerfing we do. This is the history of HA;

Airspike, Obsidian Flame spike, rspike, blood spike, iway, iway2(after OV nerf), iway3(after OA was invented), dual smite, tripple smite, starburst, starburst/with smite, minion factory, foc spike, oppressive gaze spike, monk ball, vimway, Signet of mystic wrath, thumperway, eball(Ob sidian Flame spike with stoneflesh...), SearingFlamesWay, SavannahHeatway, SF/SH way, SF/Sh/Sandstorm way, barrage/splinterweapon way, Searingflames/RaO thumperway, spirit way(7 versions of this I here), rit spike, and paraway.

That is at least 20 pages worth of "gimmick" builds and their various versions. You really expect that to change with one nerf? Maybe 2 nerfs? Maybe 10 nerfs 1 nerf for ever month, all decided by you. No, you can't change what you clearly don't understand, the root of the problem remains hidden to guys like you and the reason why HA isn't fun for alot of people remains yet again allusive. Answer me this, why are the only pugs being formed now by only r6 and above, how is that good for HA?

Pvp is broken right? Ha is historicly broken to the point that any metatrash that shows up there should be considered as balanced as the last bit of metatrash. So is it GvG? How so? What do you think is inherently so broken? Is it because people are using N/e for antimelee? Is that so hard to believe consider that necromancer's since prophercies have the most antimelee skills in the entire GAME!?!?! Is it so hard to accept that after 2-3 years necro's are used the way they are suppose to??? Come on I'm giving you a limb, is migrain overpowered? A skill that missed the nerf bat every, single, time, that anet swung the nerf bat at mesmers(alot I remember)? What? Is it RC? Lod? What is breaking GvG to the point of bold + caps + 20 font rant?

shardfenix
19-05-2007, 23:36
They should make that a weekend event instead of "double experience for slite captures" or instead of "double scroll duration" weekend. At least a proph-only weekend would be fun.

shardfenix
20-05-2007, 00:02
Any idiot knows that HA has and always will be objective based. Simply by design some builds will ALWAYS overpower other builds because they are, believe or not, better able to complete the objective.We know different types of sodas taste different. Get to the point.

Any given map in HA has 1 or 2 strategies that your build is either very effective at or completely useless against. This is a vast contrast to GvG, but I'm in no mood explain this to mr. ranter. This fact is proven by its history, Ha has never favored balance builds no matter how much nerfing we do. This is the history of HAReally? GvG has more than 2 strategies to win? VoD-split, overpower-at-stand... stop me when i get them all.

That is at least 20 pages worth of "gimmick" builds and their various versions. You really expect that to change with one nerf? Maybe 2 nerfs? Maybe 10 nerfs 1 nerf for ever month, all decided by you. No, you can't change what you clearly don't understand, the root of the problem remains hidden to guys like you and the reason why HA isn't fun for alot of people remains yet again allusive.While I was deciding whether or not to honor this idiotic paragraph with response, I thought some people might not actually know the answer...like you. Do I expect one nerf to fix everything? No. Should one nerf be able to fix everything? Yes. You only don't expect it because arenanet has never done it. It doesn't make it impossible. Remember, assumptions are the currencies of fools. Also, I understand more about skill balance than you ever will. Watch your mouth.

the root of the problem remains hidden to guys like you and the reason why HA isn't fun for alot of people remains yet again allusive.If you're so godly why don't you tell us the reason? I already know why it isn't fun but you seem to know everything so let's hear it from the master.

Answer me this, why are the only pugs being formed now by only r6 and above, how is that good for HA?Because the power level of the bull**** builds pisses off the lower ranked teams who actually want to become good instead of cheating for rank.

What is breaking GvG to the point of bold + caps + 20 font rant?
Ritualists, paragons, dervishes. The first two especially. Ritualists are what you get when you combine heal prayers with smite prayers with protection prayers with air magic and give it all two attribute lines. The "we do everything," coupled by the "our orison does 67 damage too" plus the "we have a KDbot and a choking gas spirit" make them the most powerful class, hands down. Do you know why people send weapon rits to help a gank? Because they give the ganker the equivalent of a +30 life transfer vs the archers.

Paragons...wow. They're not as obviously broken, especially by themselves. Put 2 or more paras on the same team, and then you can see how *** they are. The "we have a 1 handed bow and 96 armor" not only makes them hard to kill, but gives them a damage output almost as efficient as warriors (sometimes more efficient). Ranged melee is not balanced no matter what game it's in.

Dervishes. Have you checked the damage on scythes? It's the second strongest weapon in the game (to hammers), and that is not including the aoe. The attack skills add +30-+40 damage on top of the 80 it crits for, and no any good dervish bar, you can cause deep wound on command. Dervishes are warriors who always have full adrenaline.

On the point of necros. Look at the hexes. Back in the day, most of them recharges slower than hex removals. Now they recharge so fast that no amount of hex removal can keep them off. Uncounterable hexes ruined half the game.

Please don't ever post again. Insulting your own intelligence is not something I find funny.

Uriah_Heep
26-06-2007, 16:54

/signed
It was great. Why did they mess it up when it was not broken? Why do I feel like I am playing snow-ball arena and dragon arena when I play now?

melandrus elite
29-06-2007, 01:38
ummm shard that was a pretty good rampage that you laid on wuzzman. And Wuzzman you say that your history is correct, but naming FotM builds is easy. You never mentioned that people were fine running other builds. As an officer in RiCE I got over 700 fame from SB/RI. And Your description of spiritway, doesn't say anything. It hasn't been nerfed, It just is much less effective.

On the point of the necromancer hexes, like I said in the above paragraph I ran SB/RI for a lot my fame, because all of the fact that the hexes lasted extremely long had short recharges, and hex removal sucked. For Some reason Anet decided to nerf DH while 7 Hexes can add 10 degen and 50% slower casting. Expel Hexes just got pwned by deversion, and holy veil gets stripped. Hexes aren't overpowered right?

Next time you go on a half page rant...Don't.