PDA

View Full Version : AB Tips

JoeKnowMo
14-05-2007, 21:20
I was posting in another thread but as it kept getting longer I thought it would be more useful over here.

AB tips:

- Always choose a secondary prof even if you aren't using any skills from it. Makes it harder for the other team to know who is using Healing Breeze, hex/cond removal, etc. It may throw off other players as to what your build really is. (A nuker that goes E/D might have others thinking they're an earth tank.)

- Always bring an elite skill. If the attributes you're using don't have good elites, bring one that doesn't require attribute points (expel hexes, grenth's balance, etc.)

- Don't keep attacking the warrior with riposte, healing hands, dolyak signet. Switch targets. Same goes for earth tanks/55 monks/etc. Notice when your target is taking little to no damage from your attacks and go after someone else.

- If your target is being healed find the monk/rit doing the healing/protting and go after them.

- Recognize the meta and bring counters to it. Too many touchers? Bring slow skills (water ele/illusion mes). Too many Sins? Bring a blindbot. Too many E/D earth tanks? Bring enchant removal/interrupts. Too many MMs? ... you get the idea.

- Fight only when you think you have a chance of winning. Rushing headlong into a larger mob doesn't work unless you're built for it (tank of some sort).

- If you're on a map that disadvantages your team, the rez shrine can be key. Rezzing in the middle of the map is usually better than rezzing at your distant base. However, if it's taking too long to cap the rez shrine due to fighting, it's better to move on as more opponents are likely to spawn at the shrine and overwhelm you.

- Kite if you're the target of focus fire. If you have room for a running skill on your bar, bring it. Better to survive and heal and go back into the fight than to die, give the other team more points, wait for the rez timer, and rez far away from your team.

- Stay with your team if possible unless you're purpose is to disrupt/distract the other team (tanks, trappers).

- Don't run away from a shrine while it is being capped by your teammates unless there are 4 of them at it already. Every arrow of cap regen helps.

- Don't hang out in the middle of a shrine when capping it. Walk as far as you can in the direction of the next shrine you're going to cap while staying in range of the shrine you're currently capping.

- If you're fighting another group and you've got a bit of a stalemate, try to draw them towards a shrine that your faction owns for additional assistance. Alternatively, you can also try moving to the edge of a neutral shrine (so you start capping it) while keeping the other team outside it's cap range.

- Avoid warrior on warrior battles. Go after a squishier target. Don't mind the warrior on your back. Your target should die before the warrior can kill you. If your health gets low, kite and heal.

- Learn the advantages of each shrine and make use of them. For instance, don't walk away from the Rit shrines without picking up the shielding urn. Rez orb is handy as well. If a ranger shrine was recently capped by your team, you can run by it and still receive the battle cry buff.

- Don't bring a rez.

- Don't dismiss things you can learn from higher-level pvp as irrelevant. I've probably learned more from observer mode and writings by high-level players (tommy on monking for e.g.) than I have from pve.

Please add more tips if you have any. Discussion is welcome.

boles roor
14-05-2007, 23:16
-For rangers, and teammates with rangers. A Ranger with a longbow can take out any shrine without losing one hp if you are not noticed by the enemy. I sometimes have assassins rush the ele shrine while I am killing the elementalist npc's one by one but once a target comes in range they are dead the meat(the assassins or warriors are). Just be patient in such a situation.

-Don't quit, plan before you enter a team if you have to go within 20 minutes. Better leave before then during the match.

JoeKnowMo
15-05-2007, 01:51
Quick one I forgot to mention:

- Stand within range of a shrine when attacking the npc's or opponents there so you can cap it faster unless really you don't want to be attacked. I've seen too many rangers and casters stay outside a shrine's cap range while attacking. The npc's die once the shrine is capped so 4 arrows of capping are better than 2. For e.g., when some defense heavy teams have trouble killing the 2 monks at the rez orb shrine.

Amadei
15-05-2007, 09:25
- If you're a caster and don't need line of sigh, stand under bridges, hide behind walls, pillars, etc.

- Melee characters must bring a speed boost.

- Interrupts are godly (mesmer interrupts, ranger interrupts, Gale on eles, Distracting Blow, etc.)

- As mentioned, a ranger with a longbow or flatbow can easily solo shrines because they can stay out of casting/attacking range. It gets even easier if you also have a heigh advantage (i.e. the ele shrine on Grenz Frontier).

- Cap shrines. If there's a mob of enemies out of your front gate, please remember you have two other exits you can use.

- Use shrines under your control to your advantage. If things get tight, lure the enemy into your shrine; it's always amusing to watch three air elementalists tear a persistent warrior apart.

- Be mobile; pick your battles. If you get outnumbered, leave and cap elsewhere. It's very hard to cap the enemy rez shrine if you barely outnumber them, seeing as how the enemy will respawn there and join the party.

mmorpg man
15-05-2007, 11:31
- when attacking a group of people use this strategy for picking targets:

healer, mesmer, other casters, sins, rangers, warriors, other tanks

- if you see a group of people at a shrine that you don't want to engage just wait. they'll move on to another shrine leaving your team to cap the shrine they just left

-if you have an mm on your team use his minions to your advantage. they can kill off any NPCs at a shrine while you cap it

- use the followers to help cap shrines

JoeKnowMo
16-05-2007, 15:35
- Call out key skills being used by opponents. It let's the rest of the team know who is the MM, healer, tank, etc. Calling aoe skills like a Meteor Shower being used by an opponent is also handy especially when your team is bunched up.

oles
16-05-2007, 17:12
My tips for successful AB:
1) Bring proper cookie cutter pvp builds, which you know how to use.
2) Don't get bogged down by chasing single targets. Don't waste time trying to kill a mob in front of your base. Instead, exit from a side teleporter and cap shrines in the enemy territory, espcially the res shrine. Don't be afraid to wait for your fallen teammates to respawn so you could go out with support.
3) Keep track of the radar at all times. Notices which shrines are getting capped by enemy groups. This gives you a clear idea of the enemy group past movement, and their most likely current destination.

GrimShade
17-05-2007, 01:17
It's been mentioned but I see it so often it's worth another mention.

Fighting out in the open/away from a shrine: This only benefits the people who already own a shrine or own the majority of shrines. A fight in the open doesn't help cap shrines but it can keep others from capping shrines. Keep this in mind when thinking of engaging your opponents, and where you engage them. If you hold most of the shrines it may be worth the open fight. If you own less shrines never fight in the open.

When capping a shrine make sure your entire group is within cap range. I have had 4 on 2 fights that should have made the cap quickly but went bad or too long because the casters were out of range.

When you can take out the MM, it releases their horad to attack anything.

serynae
17-05-2007, 02:47
if you think that your group can handle an oposing group
dont hesitate to kill them

Masoj Hunett
14-06-2007, 03:40
- If you have a pet, send him into a shrine before you aggro the npc's.
- do NOT rely on monks to heal you. Bring self heals
- Capture Shrines. If you have the opportunity to go around the enemy and take another shrine, do so, even if it would be a 4v4 fight.
- Have a nuker nuke ele shrines
- Try to stay with a group. Not only is there strength in numbers, but recharging a shrine goes a lot faster.
-be nice :D

Dallcingi
14-06-2007, 03:49
-Press "U" and cap the shrines you are near..

-Never go in the same sequence since the game will be all circles... Example, if you keep running clockwise, go counterclockwise if you see your allies already going to wherever your group is going.

trekkie dude
14-06-2007, 06:38
never fight the mob, fighting mob is bad. just run away and fight another minute. i always believe that the rez shrine helps a lot on any map. be able to right in the middle of the battlefield is an advantage.

Sandotyu Akaoni
14-06-2007, 13:52
A Mob on the enemy team is an advantage if your team stays in their 4's and cap's around it. A mob moves slowly, sure it may be powerful but its a slow process, where 3 teams of 4 can split up and cap multiple shrines. The mob pretty much always goes for monk shrine closest to the main and camps there. Let em have it, just cap around it.

Just cap around the mob and their own tactic will end them ^_^ Its annoying when you see people running out straight into a mob for no reason.

This applys to all pvp really but AB too when playing spirit spam dont bunch your spirits togeather otherwise they will suffer at the hands of AOE.

Aikawa
14-06-2007, 16:09
- do NOT rely on monks to heal you. Bring self heals

Depends on how you play. In my experience a team build with a dedicated healer (be it monk, rit, para, whatever, not refering to healing prayers attribute line) fares far better then a team where everyone has to sacrifice attribute points and skill slots for their self heals.

A team with a dedicated healer can do more damage by effectivly spending their attribute points. They can pack more utility skills like rend enchantments, gale, veratas gaze, convert hexes, draw conditions etc. They are less vulnerable to spikes as a dedicated healer has way higher attributes and more skills available. Teamwork > solo rambo-ing.

Always play with your minimap (U) open

Do not form / engage mobs

Aikawa

Divine Lotion
14-06-2007, 16:45
It's been said but people still don't get it.

Don't fight the mob. One red/blue dot diving into a sea of blue/red dots only leaves you with a 30 second rez count and more points for the opposing team as well as one less functional player for yours. :D

mmorpg man
14-06-2007, 17:13
A team with a dedicated healer can do more damage by effectivly spending their attribute points. They can pack more utility skills like rend enchantments, gale, veratas gaze, convert hexes, draw conditions etc. They are less vulnerable to spikes as a dedicated healer has way higher attributes and more skills available. Teamwork > solo rambo-ing.

except that as soon as the battle starts and you engage the enemy they will be like "kill the monk!" which is wat puts most monks off going into AB. its best not to rely on them.

Aikawa
14-06-2007, 17:44
First of all half the enemys dont even notice the healer and you can just hang back letting your teammates do the fighting.

Secondly if you cant stay alive vs 4 other people for a while you REALLY need to improve your skills / skillbar / team build.

Aikawa

Wuzzman
14-06-2007, 20:30
common sense the only advise you need.

Productivity
15-06-2007, 04:54
Bring a speed buff, make sure that everyone on your team can keep up. THere's no point have 3/4 of your team blazing ahead of a necro with no buff. Paragon and Ele secondaries both have ways to speed up the rest of your team, same with warrior. Use them. There's a lot of running in AB and if you cut down the time that you're doing that you increase the time that you're fighting.

MoonUnit
15-06-2007, 13:55
except that as soon as the battle starts and you engage the enemy they will be like "kill the monk!" which is wat puts most monks off going into AB. its best not to rely on them.

You mean the sins or (insert class here) that try to gank monks? I don't usually have problems with them unless they end up spiking me down, since I usually run prot in AB..... :tongue:

The above posters are quite right, never fight a mob. Too bad it seems at least some people want to take on the whole mob instead of capping or whatnot. :huh:

Aikawa
15-06-2007, 14:52
Shadowstepping > any melee proffesion. My favorite to bring on a monkey is Return, the cripple effect keeps em out of your hair for a while.

Aikawa

Amadei
16-06-2007, 08:03

I've had -- literally -- dozens of matches where my monk didn't even get attacked once. I've stood next to the warrior on my team Mending Touching him for the hell of it while he was killing someone from an opposing team.

As far as I've noticed, there's two approaches to monks in ABs:

1. Outright slaughter. Everyone and their mother is on you and by God, they will not rest before they get you. These guys are fun to lure into Base Defense/the ele shrine/a deserted corner of the map so they have to run all the way back to the action after they manage to kill you or you let them kill you.

2. Everyone Ignores You. This means you can go /dance a lot and cheerfully heal your teammates and spam Protective Spirit on NPCs because you have the time and energy to do so.

I like monking in ABs ^_^. I enjoy both situations.

mmorpg man
16-06-2007, 23:20
Secondly if you cant stay alive vs 4 other people for a while you REALLY need to improve your skills / skillbar / team build.

you make it sound as if AB is competative. its casual PvP for people getting their teeth into it. team builds hardly/don't exist.

Aikawa
17-06-2007, 13:20
I think alot of people disagree, just because *you* blind invite everyone in the district and press go as soon as you have four people doesnt mean everyone else does aswell.

Aikawa

mmorpg man
17-06-2007, 13:27
I think alot of people disagree, just because *you* blind invite everyone in the district and press go as soon as you have four people doesnt mean everyone else does aswell.

I think alot of people do what I do actually. you're thinking of TA

Aikawa
17-06-2007, 15:08
The topic says "AB tips" so no im not talking about TA obviously. There are some pretty good guilds in AB, both on Luxon and Kurzick side who always use teambuilds. Basicly you are saying only retards play AB who cant come up with a decent build or be bothered with things like tactics. With a mindset like that im not surprised you think healers suck :rolleyes:

Aikawa

mmorpg man
18-06-2007, 11:54
I don't say healers suck I say there are non-existant in AB because most would rather do HA, GvG and other arenas. there you cannot ensure a monk so you should bring a self heal instead

Taurucis
19-06-2007, 17:24
*Whips out pointer and puts on glasses*

Time for Alliance Battles 101... get out your textbooks :P
~~~
1) Avoid flaming anyone on your team. This could lead to ragequits, which could become a chain-quit.

2) This may seem odd, but if you are up against an N/D Aura of the Lich minion master, kill her minions first. If you pile her, Dark Bond and Infuse Condition will make it considerably longer - if you kill all her minions, Dark Bond won't have much effect. Another tip against MMs - if you are a necro and can't find a last skill to put in, try to bring Verata's Gaze or Aura with at least 5 Death Magic.

3) Against Touch Rangers: Bring some form of spell-related knockdown if you can, or a hex-based slowdown (Don't use a Cripple on them, they might plague touch it over) Bringing a run buff in the hope of outrunning them won't usually work, because most use Dodge/Zojun's Haste.

4) Assassins: Hey, sword warriors: Deadly Riposte is your best friend. See a shadow step next to you? Put up D.R. Hex Breaker can work wonders, evasion stances help, blind them, heck, even Whirlwind can work. Of course, if it isn't a Shadow Prison sin, you can activate a run buff and flee :P

5) On Mobbing: Mobbing is the last thing you should do. You can have 12 players bunched up at the resurrection shrine "babysitting" the other team as they rez, but eventually you will cap the shrine unless you're spread out very loosely (which will usually not happen) and the other team will cap around your mob.

6) When the other team is mobbing: Avoid the mob. Usually there's a MM somewhere in there, as well as perhaps a Rit or a Monk. Spirit Spammers and MMs move very slowly, so you could probably avoid the mob and run around them.

7) If your team wants to mob: Don't scream "U NOOBS DONT MOB IDIOTS!!11!!11!!111!11!" because it'll most likely make them hate you, or worse - ragequit. All you need to do is say "Hey, don't mob, we'll lose our advantage like that" and it's up to them to be smart and take your advice, or be stupid and mob up. If your team does mob up, well... all you can really do is try to cap on your own.

8) Solo'ing builds: Don't diss them. Yelling "My team stay together or kicked!" might actually drag you to defeat - there are some builds that are specifically meant for taking out a shrine all alone. Bow Rangers should all use Longbows, because then they can take out a shrine without taking any damage.

9) On Resurrection: Avoid bringing any form of resurrection skills. You get free rezzes when you die, so what's the point? And if you find a poor chump with Rebirth or Resurrect, do not interrupt it. Instead, kill the poor fellow he's just resurrected - free points!

10) If you meet your build's counter: Just avoid him, or lead him into some of your allies. Trying (unsuccessfully) to kill your build's counter wastes not only time, but you have a good chance of dying.
~~~
This is a link to a guide to Alliance Battles I made a while ago. If this part is against the rules I don't mind if it's removed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIYg6jXhDg)

Another Fess
20-06-2007, 07:13
About mobs:
1)If your team dont have much defence (like monk+rest rt or so) dont fight it, just run.
2)If your team have defence and another teams are good you can slow the mob down and make them fight you, while other ppls are capping (but its very hard to stay alive and kill ppls at one time).
3)If you are team of 4 SP sins you can kill the most important chars in mob (like monks, MM's, rts) and run away, then repeat until success.
4)If you have rt with splinter weapn you can kill all mob in 2 mins, but you will be killed as well.

A Horse Is A Horse
02-07-2007, 23:15
1) Stay with your team, unless they're boneheads and rush into mobs

You're most effective when all of your firepower is concentrated, instead of people running around doing their own thing. That's the best way to get picked off one by one. If you die, try to hook up with your team as soon as you safely can.

2) Protect your monk

The monk can't heal you if being beaten on by multiple enemies.

3) Protect your minion master

See #1. Most people run off without giving their MM 2-3 seconds to create another minion/heal the minions after capping a shrine.

4) Bring a build that can actually kill other players, and not just shrine guards

If you are an ele with mostly AoE attacks (such as Meteor Shower, Fire Storm), you are going to be fairly useless if your team is attacked by another team while you are on the way to cap a shrine. Being able to kill shrine NPCs quickly doesn't mean squat if you keep getting killed before you can get to them. I have seen this so many times it's no longer funny.

Stilgar BiH
12-07-2007, 01:46
1. bring self-heals (defense in general included - evasion, damage reduction, cond/hex removal etc.). if you get a monk in your pug - BRING SELF-HEALS (90% of the time you will either split up eventually, hes not a prot/healer, he is leeching, he dies etc.). if you are a in a guild/friends group and you have a monk you know is good - BRING SELF HEALS.
2. don't join a pug until you setup skills/equipment/attributes/faction
3. open up the minimap, zoom it out and use it
4. if you are outnumbered or if you are 1 on 1 against a build that will own you run away.
5. dont chase people that run away from you unless you can snare them or you have a better speed buff
6. speed buffs are good
7. if your close to dying step back a bit, heal up (look up tip no.1) and rejoin the fight
8. Be nice and friendly (actually the most important thing)
9. ping your build when you join a team (always nice to know what your teammates are running). when other players show their bar don't start lecturing them on what they should use.
10. don't bring any kind of rez

oh and rangers own everything in ABs :) .

SchvagnumPI
12-07-2007, 08:31
-When capping a shrine try to avoid standing in the middle. Trappers sometimes spam it.

-If you don't need line of site, use shrine poles as an obstacle between you and the enemy. (Rangers, Rts and shrine works best)

-Don't be afraid to kite back to a friendly shrine.

Domina Spellbinder
12-07-2007, 13:11
Not allways do you have to fight in a group of 4. In fact there are some situations you might want to break up.

-Enemy has alot of solo-cappers. W/rt vengeful warriors, earth tanks, splinter barragers, etc. These can be a pain and even though they will only have 1 or 2 pips for taking over a shrine they will typically start taking over a shrine as soon as you leave it. Where you might have to walk across the map to get to shrines owned by the enemy they are all extremely scattered accross the map.

When I play we usually split 1-1-2 in these situations. Two players go to near the enemy base to make sure we get shrines near there and maybe take out respawners, the others 2 find a shrine we allready control each and help defend it, to make the ai abusers no longer able to cap a shrine on their own.

-Went 4 on 4 with another team and lost the direct fight quickly.

Do not engage this team in a fair fight ever again. These guys know what they are doing. If you spot another team engaged with them and you are close mob to deal with them quickly, then split from the other team again. Any time groups like this spend waiting for res, or split up from each other is good time. I use splitting tactics quite often against these groups, with the way I set up groups, groups that dominate ours in a direct fight tend to include a very good monk. These groups have one disadvantage, they typically need the monk near to survive. Splitting in groups of 2 and capping can help as the monk group cannot split without having a regular casualty.

Zalis
12-07-2007, 17:05
Don't listen to people who complain about "noob runners". Because they'll often run away when outclassed too. (or stand and fight if they're dumb)

But they'll never own up to running themselves. Even if they just ran from you. :)

mmorpg man
13-07-2007, 01:20
turn off all chat as most of the talk on it is people saying "noobs", etc.

Lucis
13-07-2007, 01:23
-As a monk try to stay behind walls etc. (there tend to be loads in AB) and if you get lucky the enemy may not even ever target you...

-I know its been said before... avoid any form of mob as if it were a plague. If the enemy is mobbing just keep calm and go around to cap shrines.

-If something happens and you know you will die or are very likely to die/be rendered useless try to slow down the enemy and keep them occupied, or even better, lure them to an abstract part of the map that will take them longer to get back into action...

Camaris Spectre
17-07-2007, 16:55

That's probably the best advice for anyone just starting AB. Get out there and enjoy yourselves - don't worry about what the trashers are saying. Later on, if you want, you can turn general back on and teach 'em a lesson! :cool:

Five Seven
28-07-2007, 16:48
I've been reading some of the topics here, some useful some not so much. My experience when it comes to GW is not that great ( only recently started playing) and the number of AB matches I've played can be counted on one or two hands. But were a lot of fun.

In PvE I play a monk mostly, but when I play an AB I feel somewhat useless. With all the assassins and rangers around I get shut down pretty fast. I was wondering what would be a nice profession and/or build for somebody that hasn't played that long to get some more experience? And is there a site/collection somewhere with builds that are suitable for AB?

David Holtzman
28-07-2007, 19:57
Play a ranger. They're a strong and versatile class that's very forgiving to new players.

Burning Arrow
Savage Shot
Distracting Shot
Apply Poison
Mending Touch
Holy Veil
Natural Stride
Troll Unguent

Five Seven
29-07-2007, 07:40
thanks, will give it a try

Domina Spellbinder
29-07-2007, 10:27
Play a ranger. They're a strong and versatile class that's very forgiving to new players.

Burning Arrow
Savage Shot
Distracting Shot
Apply Poison
Mending Touch
Holy Veil
Natural Stride
Troll Unguent

Take a flatbow for shrine NPCs, but make sure you have a recurve bow for moving player targets. It's very easy to avoid arrows fired from a flatbow.

Five Seven
29-07-2007, 19:35
thank you both,

had a lot of fun today, winning up to 5 matches in a row

BloodAxe
30-07-2007, 01:15
you make it sound as if AB is competative. its casual PvP for people getting their teeth into it. team builds hardly/don't exist.

Uh.....AB IS competitive. Its whats needed for guilds to gain faction so they can own towns and such. Yeah sure if you are in a PvP only guild then I can see how AB would be pointless. However since most guilds are PvE, AB is crucial. If its casual then why do Alliances demand that you spend most of your online life in AB?

again I disagree. Communicating with your team is godly. Being able to communicate with your entire side can mean the difference between winning and losing.

After a couple of minutes you tend to get a feel for the other side, if you and your other 3 team members are easily handling the other side then standing and fighting isnt a bad idea. You just gotta know when to run and know when to fight.

Alot of people may disagree with me here, but dont be afraid to let the other side cap the rez shrine first. After they have moved on then circle back around and take it back.

Stay away from the big battles, remember if there are alot of people fighting over a single shrine (particularly the rez shrine) then that means there are a number of other shrines that are unprotected.

Again communication, Im talking more about just calling your targets or skills. If your entire side seems to be on the dense side, dont be afraid to start yelling strategic orders.

If you are calling your targets and or skills, dont spam it or flood the chat with it.

If you see a 4 man group struggling to defend a shrine against the enemy give them a hand.

VanirStormwolf
30-07-2007, 09:23
for rangers:

- Burning Arrow is a wonderful build, regardless of whether people call it noob (same goes for touchers) dont be put off by a jealous assassin whom youre outdamaging

- always bring a running skill

- unless it isnt possible, always bring whirling defense/throw dirt

- always have a flatbow/longbow on hand

- dont bother with spirits

- if you dont have any way to condition your target then please reconsider your build or reroll to a pure damage class

- degen + cripple (this is why I love cripshot in AB) with interrupts to stop healing and a run skill to make distance can ruin anyone

- you have no excuse for not bringing trolls

- you have no excuse for having less than 10 expertise

- mending touch will save your life

- Blindbots/cripshotters/conditioners of any kind usually do more good than spike rangers in straight 1v1 or 1v2 combat

- poisen arrow, barbed arrows, pin down, and epidemic. just tab through enemies hitting poisen arrow and keep people off of you with pin down. if you see two people together (or a stationary MM) use epidemic. its a really fun build

- my final tip: always have an assassin on hand, leveled, and with a sexy build for those times when you get spiked by three of them and die before you next blink

energie
10-08-2007, 02:21
Pick a name that will get a mob from the other team to chase you no matter what. EG:

Luxons Fear Me (taken by me)
Kurzicks Fear Me
Luxons are noobs

It is funny how people will chase you just because you have a name like that, and it never ceases to amaze me how many times I can get a mob to chase me to the far reaches of any map and have them call me a noob or say " you run allot for somone we are supposed to be afraid of." I love coming out with comments such as "lag kiled me," because it will usualy get the mobs to chase me again (boy do I love seeing 5 wammos using sprint while on my tail)

Colon
10-08-2007, 03:20
Maek a sin
hit 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
proceed to bambi someone
die
call everyone bad at the game
also helps if you wiki'd a build.

InneRam
19-09-2007, 02:41
+Don't go as one mob
+At least split into a mob of 2-3
+If your not a SF/SH ele, dont try to solo-cap Ele Shrines, its just suicide.
+Never fight a losing battle, in which you will lose time for res, while the others need you.
+Have Fun, really...don't take it to seriously.

-IR

David Holtzman
19-09-2007, 09:28

Utter nonsense. Anything with a caster range attack can kill the ele shrine. A ranger, for example, has no problem provided he's not and idiot and tries to use a shortbow. My illusion mesmer has no difficulties degenning them out, nor does my AoD assassin. Hell, even my warrior can do it if I'm willing to spend a lot of time at it and play it safe.

Tsai Cooper
19-09-2007, 17:08
Utter nonsense. Anything with a caster range attack can kill the ele shrine. A ranger, for example, has no problem provided he's not and idiot and tries to use a shortbow. My illusion mesmer has no difficulties degenning them out, nor does my AoD assassin. Hell, even my warrior can do it if I'm willing to spend a lot of time at it and play it safe.

but i think he was speaking from experience (that he has seen or done it) not concept(anything ranged can solo shrine)
i.e.:
someone playing a SF in AB is stupid enough to probably aggro all the npcs because he ran too close

InneRam
19-09-2007, 22:53

Yes, my bad... thought its just better with them, more safer somehow>.> Because even though I get killed by the 3 Eles, but at least i got my aoes in, and they will definitely die in the 5 seconds ;o. But your quite right still.

Amadei
20-09-2007, 07:50

Burning Arrow rangers are go!

Seriously, bring a longbow or stand on the hill so you can stay out of casting range. There isn't a shrine the BA ranger can't solo.