PDA

View Full Version : 2 person team build

mmorpg man
20-05-2007, 22:56
this is just a little team build I just thought up for ab. it involves a mesmer using illusion magic and a ranger using marksmanship and wilderness survival.

mesmer/x

fevered dreams [elite]
conjure nightmare
fragility
conjure phantasm
shatter delusions
optional
optional
optional

ranger/x

concussion shot
hunter's shot
pin down
screaming shot
broad head arrow [elite]
apply poison
serpent's quickness
optional

this team build is designed to harass the enemy with wide spread conditions. the mesmer picks a target and casts favoured dreams and fragility on them followed by conjure nightmare or conjure phantasm as a cover hex and to add pressure. the ranger then puts conditions onto that person which are then spread to other enemies. this done the mesmer can carry on casting degen and do more damage using shattered delusions. this build is only in theory but I think it could work quite well to put pressure on the enemy. any comments are welcome :smiley:

IdahoaJr
21-05-2007, 00:46
attributes on ranger?

concussion + broadheaded arrow? not really necessary to have both. burning arrow might be a goo replacement to add another condition. and they'll need to chuck in troll unguent or another self heal

for the mesmer for other 3 could go inspiration for powerleak and signet of humility. then elementalist for GoLE. otherwise conjure nightmare gets a bit meaty on energy.

or you could go /mo to offer support for the pair

mmorpg man
21-05-2007, 12:50
the problem is that burning is very short term (usually 3-5 seconds) so doesn't really harass the enemy. poisoning and crippling are long term (usually 5-15 seconds) so are more effective at harassing the enemy.

for the mesmer for other 3 could go inspiration for powerleak and signet of humility. then elementalist for GoLE. otherwise conjure nightmare gets a bit meaty on energy.

thats why I left those slots as optional so a person can choose what else to take with them. also I said "in theory" meaning I haven't tried it out with anyone yet so I don't know what would be better.

Some Dude
24-05-2007, 06:12
this is just a little team build I just thought up for ab. it involves a mesmer using illusion magic and a ranger using marksmanship and wilderness survival.

mesmer/x

fevered dreams [elite]
conjure nightmare
fragility
conjure phantasm
shatter delusions
optional
optional
optional

ranger/x

concussion shot
hunter's shot
pin down
screaming shot
broad head arrow [elite]
apply poison
serpent's quickness
optional

this team build is designed to harass the enemy with wide spread conditions. the mesmer picks a target and casts favoured dreams and fragility on them followed by conjure nightmare or conjure phantasm as a cover hex and to add pressure. the ranger then puts conditions onto that person which are then spread to other enemies. this done the mesmer can carry on casting degen and do more damage using shattered delusions. this build is only in theory but I think it could work quite well to put pressure on the enemy. any comments are welcome :smiley:

My thoughts:
- Fevered dreams will be easy to use vs NPC's (shrines), but quite difficult to use effectively against real people (since they move around)
- Fragility is better with short lasting conditions (eg virulence at 0 spec)... on the other hand fevered dreams is better with long lasting conditions. They don't synergise well.
- Conjure nightmare is inefficient (conjure phantasm gets you more for energy invested, so you can spread the degen around more)
- Degen isn't great in AB since AoE kills faster to take shrines. Fevered dreams should help out there with conditions, but it won't make your hexes do AoE degen, so I wouldn't bother with degen hexes. Also, your ranger can already apply 7 degen, extra degen is kind of wasted.
- Shatter delusions is only good with phantom pain
- I'd take a run stance over SQ anyday....and give the mesmer a run buff too.
- Any bow ranger without distracting shot or savage shot is running a sub optimal bar
- The mesmer is going to get creamed by melee unless you bring him some defense (distortion, blind, run buff, snare...)
- Neither character has self heals which will make capping slower
- Mending touch is win for your ranger

Sorry to be so critical, but trying to help.

The idea of a 2 man build in general is good for AB, it's a better squad size than 4 people imo.

the ettins kiss
24-05-2007, 08:44
I think you invested overly on degen effects, theoretically you might cause 20degen but that would only be of use if people are using skills like healing breeze. I would take the following in consideration when using degen.

source guildwiki
Maximum health regeneration/degeneration
The maximum net regeneration or degeneration is limited to ten pips. For example, if a character is both poisoned (-4 pips) and burning (-7 pips), the character will only suffer from -10 health degeneration. If Healing Breeze at 12 Healing Prayers is then cast upon that character to provide +8 pips of regeneration, then net total will now be -7 + -4 + 8 = -3 pips (not -2, as only the net result is subject to capping). In the original situation involving only poison and burning, the -1 pip of degeneration over the cap has no immediate effect but it is still "there" and matters when a source of health regeneration is thrown in.

mmorpg man
24-05-2007, 11:42
I think you invested overly on degen effects, theoretically you might cause 20degen but that would only be of use if people are using skills like healing breeze. I would take the following in consideration when using degen.

the degen is only there as a cover hex nothing more. I choose those because of the fast cast times which make them good at covering other hexes as hex removal skills are very common these days. as to the healing/defence issues thats why I left the spots free for anyone to fill. I just put down the essential skills needed for the build

Kendel
24-05-2007, 13:50
Remove Conjure Nightmare... it sucks beyond all comprehension for 25 energy.

I'll assume Shatter Delusions is there for the Phantom Pain that you haven't listed.

As for fighting vs real people. You may need to be choosy as to which map this build gets use on. Saltspray especially usually ends up with massive brawls with alot of players stood next to each other, especially when it comes to res shrine capping. But all the others i think are just too open for it to be as useful. It would probably be more effective if you had a Virulence MM to spread a long lasting -8/weakness.

Fevered is just too condiitional for the majority of PvP really.

mmorpg man
25-05-2007, 14:56
what about for GvG or HA which are smaller

Some Dude
27-05-2007, 12:20
It still sucks :/

mmorpg man
27-05-2007, 15:33
thanks for the lovely compliments

Some Dude
28-05-2007, 03:58
^^

I meant fevered dreams still sucks, not your build.

Although, your build does suck, by virtue of having fevered dreams in it :p