PDA

View Full Version : Necro skill of the day [6/09/07]: Corrupt Enchantment

chirthain
09-06-2007, 12:30
I really love this skill:

Elite Hex Spell. Remove one Enchantment from target foe. If an Enchantment is removed in this way, that foe suffers -1...7 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.

E5, 3/4s cast, 10s recharge[

OK, this skill is almost useless in PvE, it only removes 1 enchantment, and it has a long recharge time for PvE; it can't be spammed, and most Curses Necro's take SS or any other Elite Skill with 'em.

But it's quite powerfull in PvP; some while ago someone made thread about it, with a build for RA. I've made my own version of it, and I still use it:

Curses: 16
SR: 12

Corrupt Enchantment
Malaise
Parasitic Bond
Enfeeble/Enfeebling Touch
Faintedheartness
Insidious Parasite
Signet of Lost Souls
Res

Very easy to use, your counters are Ele's, so try to avoid them. Just cast Malaise on them to annoy them. Also use it on monks, together with Corrupt Enchantment. Use it whenever you see any enchantment, but it's the best to use it for key-skills, like Feigned, or some Conjure Spell or sth.

Enfeeble, Faintedheartness and Insidious Parasite are anti-melee, and with those 3 skills, you can shut down most melee fighters, first Insidious, then FaintedHeartness, and then Enfeeble. They won't harm you anymore, and they'll kill themselves if they continue fighting (Insidious steals up to 47 health for 16s, so it can be up all time).

Becareful with playing this build, you've got only 60AL, and 2 healing skills, which are both conditional.

I'll do the next few days the Skill of the Day, because Ryuu has some problems with his internet connection, and with is roommate.

Kaya Ke Kitana
09-06-2007, 13:24
This very good description made me dedide to play it more,kuddos to you.

Still looking to play SS in tombs more(=goes faster), despite my curses maverick builds wit OoV though:wink:

TheDivider
09-06-2007, 21:26
I use pretty much the same build except Enfeeble <-> Plague Touch. Condition Transfer is not only a life saver but is usually added degen/pressure to players.

As for CE - I :love: it

chirthain
09-06-2007, 22:24
I use pretty much the same build except Enfeeble <-> Plague Touch. Condition Transfer is not only a life saver but is usually added degen/pressure to players.

Interesting..I'll give it a try.

Maybe it's better to switch Faintheartedness for Plague Touch, instead of Enfeeble?

Offatwork
10-06-2007, 01:19
Enfeeble helps the team more, than if you would bring Plague Touch.

Enfeeble + Feintheartedness will completely obliterate any type of pressure that a Warrior might try to accomplish. This means that poor monks, with their Healing Breeze, will suddenly look some-what decent.

Much more helpfull to your team if you bring Enfeeble instead of Plague Touch.

Someone might say, "Well blind completely removes any type of pressure so why do this?" Big difference. Blind only temporarily, but completely, remove any assult from a Warrior. Weakness disables them, while not to the extent of blind, will last much longer than a blind.

hotdogtesting
10-06-2007, 02:46
How are all these SotD posts even Skill of the Day posts?

These look more like posts for a build. Perhaps, you should consider renaming the post names?

chirthain
10-06-2007, 10:22
How are all these SotD posts even Skill of the Day posts?

These look more like posts for a build. Perhaps, you should consider renaming the post names?

Why? It is a skill of the day...I describe the skill, maybe suggest changes to it, and post a build around the skill.

Chemical Ali
10-06-2007, 15:00
Corrupt is pretty amazing. A good secondary option is /Mo for some hex removal or draw condits.