PDA

View Full Version : GvG help plz!

Arcos Spiritwing
11-06-2007, 17:15
okay, I'm an ele looking for some advice in gvg

1. what should i expect to see ppl use, and how should i counter?

2. what should i and my team use?

3. my hall is isle of dead, how can i use it effectively?

thanks for the help

Uda Duno
11-06-2007, 20:40
Observe is your friend.. use it. Things change fast in pvp. Really observe is great way to find out what is being ran by top guilds which means others are following it. As for the hall... had that one. It was fun but dont see it much being used anymore.

Good luck.

penguinious
12-06-2007, 01:26
okay, I'm an ele looking for some advice in gvg

thanks for the help

1- Builds vary- Generally you will see MoR/Diversion mesmers, Crip Slash/Conjure Warriors, AoM dervishes, etc. Use your general counters- Blind/hex for melee, disruption and smart play against casters....

2- I'd suggest balanced- Don't use gimmick spike. You won't learn from it. Generally, a balanced team is comprised of 2-3 melee (AoM Dervishes, CripSlash, Eviscerate Axe, 2-3 Monks (Generally RC, LoD/Infuse, SoD, or DH), and then several support characters (MoR/Diversion, B-Surge, DA or Expel Paras, BA/Apply Rangers, etc...), and then 1 flag runner. (Icy Shackles, Water Trident, Mind Blast, or a Monk runner)\

To put together a good team, you have to consider several points-

1- Does your team have enough healing/damage mitigation to stay alive? If you only have 2 monks in your backline, it is absolutely necessary to have some form of shutdown/damage mitigation. Ex- B-Surge Ele, Defensive Anthem/WY! Paragon, Icy Shackles Flagger, etc. If you have 2 monks, you should be running at least 2 damage mitigation/support characters.

2- Does your team have enough pressure/spike power to score kills? Obviously the greatest defense won't be much help if you can't kill anything. You can try to pressure, spike, or do both. Melee will most likely do the bulk of your damage, supported by your midline. You should have at least 2 melee, along with 2 or more midliners geared primarily toward offense.

3- Can your team split fairly effectively? Splits are a vital part of GvG, and if you can't split when the other team splits you have some problems on hand.

4- Can your team cope with most situations? If your RC gets dazed does your LoD have a draw? Can you mirror/disrupt aegis when it goes up? Can your team survive when your RC gets diversioned?

5- Do you have sufficient condition/hex removal? Your warriors won't be able to do much damage under 5 necromancer hexes, or under blind/weakness. Purge signet, Expel Hexes, Divert Hexes, Hex Eater V., Deny Hexes + Signet of Devotion, and the ever popular holy veil for hexes- You should be running at least 4 hex removals, preferablly 2 of these being removals that take out
2 or more hexes at once, as Hexway is popular. Condition removal is a must, the ever popular RC still dominating the meta.

6- Do you have sufficient snares? Movement is key in GvG, from kiting, falling back, flag running, etc. Everyone will kite, and if you don't have anything to harass kiters your melee with be 1/3 as effective as they could be, which will break your offense. Crippling slash is now very popular, and most teams run double bull's strike, to deal with kiters. Elementalist flaggers still generally carry movement snares, such as water trident and icy shackles, to prevent warriors from getting to kiting targets.

7- Does every single member of your team synergize with the entire team? You should have a team goal for your build- If you run hexes, then your team should be based around hexes. A single reaper's mark necro in a adrenaline spike/condition build will be ineffective, but put him with a migraine mesmer, a panic mesmer, and a icy shackles, and you have the team that destroyed the CT and is still commonly run today.

If the answer to all of these is yes, then your GvG team is good.

exjeh
14-06-2007, 16:03
watch observe to see the most ran builds. you can counter it by observing (again) how did the build loose ? Who to blaim , or what was the weakness in the build ?

You should use a build where evry one in ure team has a profesion that he/she plays alot and controlls fuly

You can use it efectly with split build , because of the large opportunity of fighting positions. Do some skirmishes and explore the halls advantages and disadvantages i would say , most people played all halls more then once, just see in what hall u think ure guild plays the best , in what hall ure team mates have the best positioning etc.