PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Heroway?

TheAlchemist
05-07-2007, 15:11
Hi all,

if you HA sometimes you know HA is just full of it and i was wondering how you could beat it? cus I have played it aswell and i have beaten some r6-7 balanced groups.

I am defeated a couple of times by eles who were spamming blured vision, freezing gust and frozen burst. but i was wondering what build the most effect would have..

Thx in advance,

Cheers.

Radiant Dawnstar
05-07-2007, 16:46
My team won halls today with Heroway. We beat tons of good groups with it. it's pretty overpowered. As I play it all day I can tell you exactly what it's weakness is. It's the Tainted Necromancer. Get a Mirror of Disenchantment or a Tainter yourself, or even better, both. And if you have a Mesmer, let him interupt the Curses Necromancer, especially Barbs and Mark of Pain.

shardfenix
07-07-2007, 10:45
How to beat heroway: Use 8 good players. (yeah 8 good players are hard to find in HA these days. WTB balanced pvp)

Radiant Dawnstar
07-07-2007, 13:37
How to beat heroway: Use 8 good players. (yeah 8 good players are hard to find in HA these days. WTB balanced pvp)
No. Here's a list of guilds we beat (full team):

The Benecia Renovatio [RenO]
Cry For Eternity [Cry]
We Are The Metagame [??]
Free Fame Story German [?d]
Our Ghostly is a Roxxor [SuX]
Hellas Team [Gr]
Bambis Dont Say [Meow]
Euro Fraternity [FRA]
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6594/gw069uu2.jpg
Lol, noobspike...

Here's a list of teams that can beat us:

Searing Flames spike.
Savannah Heat pressure.
Spirit Rift/Ancestor's Spike.
Heavy Defensive teams (SoD/Aegis/DA).

woot im a warrior
07-07-2007, 15:40
Here's a list of teams that can beat us:

Searing Flames spike.

Just spread out, and get a better infuser and prot monk. SF spikes are easy to beat if you stay spread out and your monks are awake.

Savannah Heat pressure.

Kite and stay spread out, this is harder to beat but can be done if played smart.

Spirit Rift/Ancestor's Spike.

Spread out, kite, if someone gets hit with gale your prot monk should have prot spirit on them right away. Also get lucky.

Heavy Defensive teams (SoD/Aegis/DA).

Get lucky.

May I ask what team build you are using?

Radiant Dawnstar
07-07-2007, 17:33
We're talking about Heroes here. They don't spread out. They ball up and die. We have a great infuser but he can't infuse 2 or 3 targets, obviously.

woot im a warrior
07-07-2007, 17:50
We're talking about Heroes here. They don't spread out. They ball up and die. We have a great infuser but he can't infuse 2 or 3 targets, obviously.

Sorry I read your post wrong, rollerbeetle racing has kept me up for a little too long.:grin:

mmorpg man
31-07-2007, 02:45
rit spike is the best to use against it. time after time when I've used heroway and come up against a rit spike and got totally owned (even when using fertile season)

roushfan
31-07-2007, 03:29
heroway can beat Rit spike. im new to halls. have done nothing but heroway to learn the maps and what to do on them. in 4 days of casual play ive gotten 33 fame and my first rank. the only thing ive seen we couldnt beat was the assassin spike build. Rit spike it actually my favorite build to go up against as most battles werent fast taking 10-15min to wear down the team of Rits. i too even at rank one have been told after the battle that we beat high ranked teams. i would love to learn more builds(been playing the PVE side of the game for 2 years) and eventually win halls, 4 times made it to the end only to lose to the team that won halls, but with the pretty clear rank discrimination its hard to get into groups to learn more.

Wuzzman
31-07-2007, 20:37
Just spread out, and get a better infuser and prot monk. SF spikes are easy to beat if you stay spread out and your monks are awake.

Kite and stay spread out, this is harder to beat but can be done if played smart.

Spread out, kite, if someone gets hit with gale your prot monk should have prot spirit on them right away. Also get lucky.

Get lucky.

May I ask what team build you are using?

the reason why those build work because generally the hero's don't kite, the spirits/minions body block you, and generally you don't have infuse hex removal or energy management beyond spirit spam.

Squintster
07-08-2007, 14:18
heroway can beat Rit spike. im new to halls. have done nothing but heroway to learn the maps and what to do on them. in 4 days of casual play ive gotten 33 fame and my first rank.

I presume these 4 days include the double fame weekend because if thats all the fame Heroway earned you, you need to start playing something else, and Heroway can be easily beaten by a good balanced build every time.

elsydeon
07-08-2007, 16:16
they may have better reflexes than humans, but they lack brains; use the game rules to keep them down; signets are harder to interrupt than spells enchants and hexes are shatterbait, but stances are rather safe, etc.

the only reason why people dont like heroway is they want to keep the low man down, so instead of getting better and earning those checks, they whine to anet to change the rules that have been around for over two years to benefit them

hell, why not give MATH the old iway back or the old spirit spammers a 5s cooldown on ranger droppings so they can build nice fortresses on relic maps?

heroway is like a gun, its an equalizer, but if you cant shoot or fight, you still can be beaten by someone who is better

roushfan
08-08-2007, 02:10
I presume these 4 days include the double fame weekend because if thats all the fame Heroway earned you, you need to start playing something else, and Heroway can be easily beaten by a good balanced build every time.

no it didnt include double fame, i didnt even play on the double fame weekend. it was just casual play when i could actually get into a group being unranked. in almost 2 years of playing the game ive been casually checking out the pvp side of the game in the last 2 weeks. most of the time has been standing around watching rank required spams for groups with very little actual play time.

grimwold
08-08-2007, 16:46
copy a build from observer, skill for skill if need be, and make your own team. dont worry about the people that say a certain build is lame.

kick the people that moan that they dont want to run a certain skill immediately to cut down on forming time. add the good players to your friends list and pm them when you make teams at a later date. remember to get a mic and download vent and insist the people in your team have them too.

that is my advice to new players wanting to get into the pvp scene. it wont be easy, nor was it easy for the current high ranked players when they first started.

mmorpg man
08-08-2007, 23:40
copy a build from observer, skill for skill if need be, and make your own team. dont worry about the people that say a certain build is lame.

thats what I did yesterday from a guild who faced TV in HOH. maybe its been used by others and maybe it hasn't

Dogbert
10-08-2007, 00:13
A good balanced group shouldn't have much problems with heroway. Take out the spirits nr/tranq/energizing etc, kill the tainted, kill the rest :)

Channeling works great vs heroway usually getting +4 or +5 from every spell. Running low on energy is a rare issue when playing monk.

Generally i would say the heroway build is pretty powerful vs less organized teams/groups. It's a good farm build that's for sure.

We Dont Accept
05-10-2008, 00:14
How to beat heroway! 1:) If they have trappers get your midline=mesmer+eles to wand them or spear them to interupt trappers.
2:) get warriors to pressure n/rts cant last forever/
3:) n/rts arnt as campatible as monk healing so spikes go better.
3:) if you got a mesmer put diversion on taint=Disabled shame n/rts=Cant heal energy denial=frontline kill better.
4:) Run a smite or ele ball they cant kill you if you got the advantage shockwave the raos spike n/rts=dead or spike the heroes, heroes have terrible AI so its easy to spike

Simply Kedde
05-10-2008, 00:22
Hai I play necro a lot.

Ryuujinx
05-10-2008, 01:28
hi 2007 nice to see you again.

Siriusbg
05-10-2008, 23:59
Why oh why waking dead post to life again!

just have a rc there there have a little brain, get the mes to camp the ooa, voila guardian, soa and rc spamming and they are dead, oh and i heard aura is good on infuser.

oh and don't ball, why is this still a problem for people, after 3 years :3

Juiced
06-10-2008, 11:09
How to beat heroway! 1:) If they have trappers get your midline=mesmer+eles to wand them or spear them to interupt trappers.
2:) get warriors to pressure n/rts cant last forever/
3:) n/rts arnt as campatible as monk healing so spikes go better.
3:) if you got a mesmer put diversion on taint=Disabled shame n/rts=Cant heal energy denial=frontline kill better.
4:) Run a smite or ele ball they cant kill you if you got the advantage shockwave the raos spike n/rts=dead or spike the heroes, heroes have terrible AI so its easy to spike
Wow, where do u come from?

1). Kill EoE, kill EW and kill all other spirits.
2). STOP OoA! Rather easy if EW get's killed as soon as it pops up.
3). Stop holding hands if they have alot of AoE pressure, dooh.
4). Keep Weapons of Warding on number 7, keep Aura of Stability (and guardian) on 8, keep Make Haste on 7 and 8.
5). Indeed good mesmers also divert tainted and interupt some hexes, but OoA should have priority! Period.

And it's bye bye heroway, if everyone does his or her job. A lucky dazed on 7 will be drawed by 8, RC is godly, channeling is godly. Most of the times holding hands and faling to do a key job makes balanced teams fail against heroway. If everyone pays attention that won't happen.

Last rule, ignore We Dont Accept's post, his tips on beating heroway are.. weird at best. DF is sold.

Reverend Dr
06-10-2008, 20:20
hi 2007 nice to see you again.

The year of the powercreep. I don't think it was nice.