PDA

View Full Version : New Alliance Battle Update

eddie the reaper
06-07-2007, 21:06
(I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, so feel free to move it =] )

I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I thought i would make one =P

Alliance Battles

To better reward players for participating in Alliance Battles even when in enemy territory, we have introduced a new "Underdog Bonus."

* In the Luxon defense map, Kaanai Canyon, Kurzick players will receive Kurzick faction points equal to twice their score.
* In the Luxon defense map, Etnaran Keys, Kurzick players will receive Kurzick faction points equal to their score.
* In the middle map, Saltspray Beach, neither Kurzick nor Luxon players will receive a bonus.
* In the Kurzick defense map, Grenz Frontier, Luxon players will receive Luxon faction points equal to their score.
* In the Kurzick defense map, The Ancestral Lands, Luxon players will receive Luxon faction points equal to twice their score.

So what does everyone think about this? Do you think it will be beneficial to AB by encouraging people to play both when there in enemy territory and when there on there hometurf? Or do you think it will just add to the problems or not change anything? (I dont actually know how to make a poll xD :embarassed: )

Barinthus
06-07-2007, 21:54
I'm personally thrilled about this change. Now there are more incentive to play AB and players will be generating more faction points overall.

mmorpg man
07-07-2007, 00:28
this will encourage more people to take part which in time will decrease the waiting time for matches (I hope)

Super Kim
07-07-2007, 01:06
so thats...
1.5k per win in saltspray
2k per win in opposite cap map
3k per win in opposite base map

nice...now if only we could get those faction reward NPCs in the outposts while we wait...

Shotoetoe
07-07-2007, 01:27
Is it?

One could look at it differently and say its the following:

500 for a win at saltspray beach
1000 for etnaran keys and grenz frontier
1500 for ancestral lands and kanaai canyon

I pray yours is correct though :huh:

mmorpg man
07-07-2007, 01:36
Is it?

One could look at it differently and say its the following:

500 for a win at saltspray beach
1000 for etnaran keys and grenz frontier
1500 for ancestral lands and kanaai canyon

I pray yours is correct though

the first 1 is correct. thats why Anet called it the underdog bonus or whatever.

Shotoetoe
07-07-2007, 01:59
yes, indeed it is.
I just went in to check.

What a relief :grin:

Arutima
08-07-2007, 00:05
got 1300 points loosing in the ancestral land (??) earlier. I kind of like the update

perverted hermit
06-01-2008, 02:47
i never played AB before the update, but i like the way it is now. did you not get a bonus for for fighting in oppostion territories? i expect this made people reluctant to fight in them, therefore annoying the side that has to wait decades for an enemy. i think its good that you get a underdog bonus because it takes into account that you had a disadvantage, not to mention allowing us to get appropriate reward for a narrow defeat