PDA

View Full Version : Rampage as One still overpowered?

skaspaakssa
29-07-2007, 16:54
With all these heroways around beating up everyone, Im wondering what makes them so strong. At first I thought it was tainted, but after monking against a billion of them, i found the tainted tolerable (lod, kill tainted), but the thumpers have proven to be the main killers (from monking perspective).

RaO is 25 e, 10 reacharge.

I would say RaO is pretty balanced for those stats, but they always bring energizing wind, which makes it with expertise, cost about 6-7 energy. The downside then becomes that they are dependent on a spirit, but the combo still seems a bit too powerful (33 ias, 25 speed, 6-7 energy, unstrippable). I think a good "nerf" would be to make it a stance, so at least you could wild blow/stike it off, or a sin could mirrored stance something reliable, (maybe even mark of insecurity). My question boils down to this:

Is RaO overpowered given its combo with energizing wind, or is the dependency on EW the balancing factor?

Radiant Dawnstar
30-07-2007, 01:49
RaO fails. With High Expertise this is still like Tiger's Fury. But the truth is that the real overpoweredness in Heroway comes from the Heroes and their 1337 Olias skillz.

mmorpg man
31-07-2007, 03:30
each build has its weeknesses. with the RaO thumpers a spike wins out unless they bring fertile season which they rarely do.

shardfenix
03-08-2007, 03:53
Any permanent movement + IAS boost is broken, no matter the cost. It needs downtime.

Squintster
07-08-2007, 15:07
The effects of RoA and most of the thumpers attacks are practically useless if you have good defence ie: Defence Athem & Aegis, my guild rarely loses to Heroway these days.

allinuff
08-08-2007, 07:35
RaO fails. With High Expertise this is still like Tiger's Fury. But the truth is that the real overpoweredness in Heroway comes from the Heroes and their 1337 Olias skillz.

Lol... QFT. Heroes seem to know which hex/enchantment is on who and cast accordingly.

Snare/Accuracy debuff the RAO then IAS/IMS means nothing.

Dogbert
05-09-2007, 17:11
In my opinion it's mainly the degen and hexes that are causing the most pressure.

Wuzzman
05-09-2007, 18:56
Rao isn't over powered noobs without brains is lol. 1 dimensional pretend warrior is the reason dragon slash ain't going to see the light of day(I consider that a good thing).

kongkingx
07-09-2007, 19:46
It sucks but it is used against sucky teams so it seems like its overpowered.

Tsai Cooper
07-09-2007, 19:52
Any permanent movement + IAS boost is broken, no matter the cost. It needs downtime.

not when it requires two classes that both have no access to hex removal or healing that doesnt gimp them to insanity

Wuzzman
08-09-2007, 03:00
Rao can't split, rao can't spike, rao gets shut down like anyone elses, rao is for farming noobs who didn't think to brings wards.

Tiyuri
08-09-2007, 04:47
Rao can't split, rao can't spike, rao gets shut down like anyone elses, rao is for farming noobs who didn't think to brings wards.

This post is bad, "rao gets shut down like anyone elses" what does that even mean?

B Ephekt
08-09-2007, 04:58
Wards stop 50% of the attacks from getting through. RaO is 33% IAS, which means that the rangers swing about 150% more. Do the math.

Wards are a stop-gap against thumpers. Bad teams that can't shut them down otherwise will die to the pressure in just a few minutes.

Any permanent movement + IAS boost is broken, no matter the cost. It needs downtime.I tend to agree with this. The EW+RaO combination gives too high of a reward for far too little risk.

I'd be happy if they just made it a stance and set the duration and recharge time back to what it was. At least then you could punish the thumpers and make them think about what they're doing beyond C+space+1,2,3,4.

Wuzzman
08-09-2007, 14:03
so Rao thumpers are immune to wards, aegis chain, DA chain, blindbots, guardian spam, and armor buffs? Maybe if the only form of melee hate was those now very ****ty necro hexes, maybe just maybe Rao is overpowered in the meta.

However as a skill by itself...maybe a permenant IAS boost that needs a pet, somewhat balanced, maybe a permenant speed boost that needs a pet hardly worth an elite, but somewhat balance. But both....anyway if anet really felt that Rao was overpowered they would have made it completely useless, the fact the Rao needs EW too be somewhat more effective then a hammer warrior is probably why anet doesn't care.

grimwold
08-09-2007, 21:11
I have never ever played a thumper and its likely that i never will, so i would like to know the answer to this question : Does rao still activate if the rangers pet is dead ?

RAO in itself might be overpowered in itself, especially when EW is down, but that isnt the real problem going on imo. The real problem is how easy it is for those teams to lay a literal army of spirits in a short amount of time.

Sure its easy to say kill the spirits and the build is useless but while the team is focusing on that the thumpers are running around hitting what they want and the trappers are owning your defense. At peast perhaps we could have a system installed where the spirits cant be layed before that match starts - playing on a map like fetid river or burial mounds, your at a disadvantage before youve even started.

IMO ranger spirits are just too hardy, a level 14 NR can withstand a savannah heat. In some cases they have used oath shot in the time it takes to kill and have a new one down in a few seconds anyway.

Stop spirits being so hardy and stop necros getting soul reaping from them (this has ALWAYS been wrong - they have no souls !!) and we might be on our way to a more balanced game.

B Ephekt
08-09-2007, 21:16
so Rao thumpers are immune to wards, aegis chain, DA chain, blindbots, guardian spam, and armor buffs? That's not what I said at all.

Maedrhos Rihadol
08-09-2007, 22:47
Pets go down in 2 hits, and without pets the raos are nothing, i guess that's it.

Heroway isn't unbeatable at all.

Ranger Nietzsche
08-09-2007, 22:50
no one ever said its unbeatable

Wuzzman
08-09-2007, 23:23
That's not what I said at all.

no but Tiyuri did ^_^

B Ephekt
09-09-2007, 01:06
Odd, I thought he was saying that your post was vague.

Tiyuri
09-09-2007, 03:25
no but Tiyuri did ^_^

lmao, where?

all your posts are so retarded, just stop posting for the love of god.

mmorpg man
10-09-2007, 12:44
lmao, where?

all your posts are so retarded, just stop posting for the love of god.

is that really necessary? anyway RaO is dead and impossible to use now its been nurfed. ranger has 25 base energy and most RaO thumpers have 12 expertice which puts the cost of RaO to 20. after that they can do maybe 2-3 skills before they run out of energy. after that they are useless. I know that i'll be sticking to Ferocious Strike or maybe Heal as One on my thumper.

B Ephekt
10-09-2007, 13:15
is that really necessary? anyway RaO is dead and impossible to use now its been nurfed. ranger has 25 base energy and most RaO thumpers have 12 expertice which puts the cost of RaO to 20. after that they can do maybe 2-3 skills before they run out of energy. after that they are useless. I know that i'll be sticking to Ferocious Strike or maybe Heal as One on my thumper.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong on all accounts because:

1) 12 expertise makes 25 energy skills cost 13 energy.
2) RaO thumpers use Energizing Winds to bring the cost down to 5e (10e from EW, minus a 48% reduction (rounded to 50%) from expertise).

RaO is very manageable even without EW, unless you're just terrible at the game.

Shadowspawn X
10-10-2007, 02:28

No RaO thumper runs 12 expertise, the build is 9 expertise, 10 hammer , 14 BM or rarely 9 expertise 12 hammer 12 BM.

This brings the cost to 16 without EW and 6 with EW. think about the bar is full of 5e skills 9expertise is breakpoint so 12 expertise would be stupid.

kongkingx
11-10-2007, 02:07
RaO is crap now. It's just people don't know how to kite well.

mmorpg man
11-10-2007, 09:10
RaO is easy to counter these days. as someone said the pets go down like flies so the thumpers can't use RaO, then if you're running balanced then 1 of the paragons could take holy spear for the spirits and a mesmer could easily shutdown/interupt olias.

woot im a warrior
11-10-2007, 18:25
RaO is crap now. It's just people don't know how to kite well.

Yeah, because kiting from something that runs 33% faster all the time is useful.:rolleyes:

They are no problem anymore though since we now have aura of stability.

kongkingx
14-10-2007, 03:06
Yeah, because kiting from something that runs 33% faster all the time is useful.:rolleyes:

They are no problem anymore though since we now have aura of stability.

Even the game has hex/ward snares and cripple, most people still don't use them to their advantage.

shardfenix
14-10-2007, 12:29
Rao is fine. Here are the skills in Spritway that make it win.

Order of Apostasy
Soul Reaping
Smoke Trap
Soul Reaping
Weapon of Remedy
Soul Reaping
Mend Body and Soul
Soul Reaping
Spirit Light
Soul Reaping
Spirit Transfer
Soul Reaping
Ferocious Strike (whatever the daze one is)
Soul Reaping
Comfort Animal
Soul Reaping

Those are the primary reasons spiritway beats teams. Then you throw in the "anet likes designing sh*tty maps with stupid objectives" factor and you have a build that is better than everything else in the HA meta.

mmorpg man
14-10-2007, 20:44
the actual main reason why heroway is good is not because of the thumpers but because of the n/rt's.

MilitiaMan
15-10-2007, 08:38
the actual main reason why heroway is good is not because of the thumpers but because of the n/rt's.

I completely agree, the ability to spam all of the spirits is the big advantage. RaO thumpers provide pressure slightly better than an axe warrior, but they can be stopped in too many ways to count.

With the N/Rt's, there are many fewer ways to counter them, including a completely dedicated energy denial/spirit killer (which is only a shady attempt at countering them), interrupts/longer cast time, or aoe

mmorpg man
15-10-2007, 09:09
most groups also seem to think that you can catch all the traps by just getting the monks to wand the trapper. not going to happen expecially when the trapper puts on trapper's speed.

Ranger Nietzsche
15-10-2007, 20:49
idk, wanding the trappers always shuts them down plenty good when I play them.

kongkingx
16-10-2007, 10:17
Traps are expensive (location dependent and prone to interrupts) and an interrupted trap is a big waste.