PDA

View Full Version : Anet, please fix HA before the weekend

Psychotic Death X
01-08-2007, 11:46
It was bad enough playing endless Heroways and other gimmicks during the GvG weekend, now with a HA weekend coming up I can see having to face them again.

Balance Skills, Remove Heroes from non Hero Battles PvP. Please.

The Pointless
01-08-2007, 11:50
And you waited till now? :shocked:

It's the middle of the week and most of theses weekend events start late Friday for Europe.
What you ask for is nothing short of a miracle.

Psychotic Death X
01-08-2007, 11:56

It's the middle of the week and most of theses weekend events start late Friday for Europe.

The weekend only went up today for me :huh:

This is the stuff people have been asking for, for ages. Heroways have been going for months now and they haven't stopped them.

The Pointless
01-08-2007, 11:59
The weekend only went up today for me :huh:

This is the stuff people have been asking for, for ages. Heroways have been going for months now and they haven't stopped them.

Fair enough. :embarassed:

But still... there's only a couple of days left between now and the event. You're still asking for a miracle at this point. :huh:

Psychotic Death X
01-08-2007, 11:59
Fair enough. :embarassed:

But still... there's only a couple of days left between now and the event. You're still asking for a miracle at this point. :huh:

True, but still, its worth asking :wink:

Zero
01-08-2007, 12:00
I think there's supposed to be a skill balance soon (I believe i read that somewhere from izzy, cant remember right at this minute) wether it'll arrive with the weekend is another question. I'm not promising a skill balance dont quote me on it lol

evenfall
01-08-2007, 12:11
Izzy mentioned on his wiki talkpage that the skill balance won't come this week.

Ate of DK
01-08-2007, 12:27
Only thing they should change for next weekend:

- do not allow hero's, only henchman.
- do not allow more than 3 of the same class in a party (requested often, test it!)

richo
01-08-2007, 12:33
doesnt this belong in pvp forums?

Fikusan
01-08-2007, 12:39
all Anet needs to do is dumben the AI on Heros for PvP to make up for the fact that you can control their skills. If you want 1337 Computer Player AI, grab Henchmen
I mean its bad enough that the GH catches every interrupt, but now have heros that are just as 1337 come on...

even though i have a pretty solid balanced build to counter heroway for this weekend XD time to change the meta :P

richo
01-08-2007, 12:41
all Anet needs to do is dumben the AI on Heros for PvP to make up for the fact that you can control their skills. If you want 1337 Computer Player AI, grab Henchmen
I mean its bad enough that the GH catches every interrupt, but now have heros that are just as 1337 come on...

and hero AI already that stupid cant they become much worse then?

Tiyuri
01-08-2007, 12:43
doesnt this belong in pvp forums?

Why shouldn't all the posts about PVE here go to the PVE forums?

Fikusan
01-08-2007, 12:43
dumb in the sense that they dont know when every single player is casting a spell and can interrupt the one that would be most lethal to them... they have too much insight. its not like they only have 1 target they have 8 and they can watch what each one is doing at the same time unlike the human player that can only watch 1

shawn
01-08-2007, 14:03
I actually hope they don't make changes this weekend. Double fame causes every scrub in the game to come to HA to get their deer, then after the weekend's over they go on about how awesome the changes are, and how they love HA.

Double fame ends, everyone leaves, and we're stuck with stuff like 3v3 killcount.

Fikusan
01-08-2007, 14:06
yeah just what we need more bambis thrown in our faces -.- if you want an emote you should have to dedicate yourself over time... not just run some sorta gimmick over the period of a weekend

zoombini
01-08-2007, 15:59
What exactly is so bad about heroway? From the countless ones i've faced, it seems only the tainted is the OP one, since AI can more easily put death nova on minions than a real player. And about the ghostly hero interrupts, i dont think its as OP as some ppl r saying. Rather than banning heros, i think the tainted build sould get a change. Maybe make death nova target only party members (and then u fix fort aspenwood exploit too!). Perhaps diseas sould only give 2 or 3 degen, to make up for how easily it spreads.

B Ephekt
01-08-2007, 17:43
Anet is really intent on killing off HA, it seems. -_-

I signed on for some drunken HA last night with some vent buddies. We went on a single run, hit every map and held twice. In this one run we fought nothing but thumpers and necro heroes, and a single rit spike. Tombs is fun! Gogo double fame!

As close as I am to my next rank, I don't think I'm going to bother fighting thumpway and rit spike all weekend.

Buddah
01-08-2007, 17:51
I find it more odd that they went from GvG weekend straight to HA weekend. Usually Anet spaced them out more like; PvP, PvE, PvP, PvE.

Ranger Nietzsche
01-08-2007, 18:14
Double fame is fun, but Moscow clubbing is better. Looks like my Tiger is still a way off.

Psychotic Death X
01-08-2007, 22:34
I find it more odd that they went from GvG weekend straight to HA weekend. Usually Anet spaced them out more like; PvP, PvE, PvP, PvE.

They messed up and brought all of the fame farmers to GvG, and this HA weekend is obviously designed to get them back to HA.

Wuzzman
02-08-2007, 14:01
All anet really needs to do is ignore HA, and post double fame weekends twice a month, and that will make the 99% of the HA community very happy. Honestly no skill balance or removing of hero's will give America 6 district. Propose a change that will increase the amount of HA players then Anet would give a damn.

Frank Dudenstein
02-08-2007, 16:12
Please keep the heroes

I really hope ANET does not cave to the whining and remove heroes.

The barrier to entry to GW PvP is high ... Heroes allow new players to get into HA, form teams easily (without vent), and gain experience. Eventually, they will become better players. THAT is what HA needs.

These days ... HA without heroes will be the same 5 ritspike teams running all day. Noobs are not interested in 1-hour team formation times and mandatory vent.

I Repeat ... HA needs heroway to be viable to keep bringing in new blood. Deal with it. Beat them in Underworld and move on.

The glory days are gone guys .. .we need to accept it and do what is best for the future .. and without new players the future is bleak....

Buddah
02-08-2007, 18:44
They'll just use a fix similar to 6v6, instead of a 2 hero limit it'll be 3. Won't remove the build, but it'll further limit it's usage.

B Ephekt
02-08-2007, 19:35
The glory days are gone guys .. .we need to accept it and do what is best for the future .. and without new players the future is bleak....
HA's future is bleak with or without heroes.

At least without them people can PvP against actual people. (What a surprise, people want to fight other humans in pvp!)

Psychotic Death X
02-08-2007, 21:58
At least without them people can PvP against actual people. (What a surprise, people want to fight other humans in pvp!)

yeah, it seems to suprise alot of people.

I guess it was worth asking after all

:smile:

Wet One
02-08-2007, 23:08
The barrier to entry to GW PvP is high ... Heroes allow new players to get into HA, form teams easily (without vent), and gain experience. Eventually, they will become better players. THAT is what HA needs.

The problem is that without voice communication (unless you are korean) you are not becoming a better player, you are not learning anything at all, you are the same as all the iway scrubs who are whatever rank they are and still cant get a decent group because as always they still suck at the game.

Just sack it up and make your own group, buy a $10 mic and be done with it. You will never make it anywhere in pvp without a mic, its the facts...

B Ephekt
02-08-2007, 23:39
Tbh, HA has not and will not be the same since guilds like iQ, EW and Prav left for GvG. Tombs, and later HA, has been crap since then. Heroes only further it being crap. People aren't going to take an arena where Olias is a valued player seriously. Period.

I'm gonna have to agree with Wet One on this as well; you're not learning much farming Underworld with Olias. Especially if you don't even use vent. Communication is a huge part of pvp; if you're not learning that, you're really wasting your time.

Andrew Patrick
03-08-2007, 00:19
There are some changes going in for HA:

* Removed Broken Tower from the map rotation.
* Removed Burial Mounds from the map rotation and replaced it with Fetid River, a new 8v8 Annihilation map that has a Priest.
* Removed Sacred Temples from the map rotation and replaced it with the Antechamber, a new 8v8 Control Point map.
* Added Forgotten Shrines, a new 8v8 Control Point map, to the map rotation after Unholy Temples.
* Changed the Courtyard's game type from Kill Count to King of the Hill.

We are asking for players to share their feedback on these changes over the next week. Once the test week is over, if you still have any concerns, we will gladly pass them on. :)

B Ephekt
03-08-2007, 00:46
Broken tower only needs to go back to 1v1 holding.

The Burial Mounds change sounds retarded.

Sacred: Why would they remove one of the relic maps is beyond me. Retarded.

Control point sucks - more maps with his mechanic will suck as well.

Where are the mini games in the the Vault? :laugh:

ZaraSaleem
03-08-2007, 02:02
so more alliance battles in Halls... fail imo and removed sacred (possibly the best map HA had going for it) - bigger fail. Do they just not read forums for suggestions?

Ranger Nietzsche
03-08-2007, 13:20
the two relic run maps were the best ones. Taking one out was a bad idea. All they did with burial mounds was replace it with a map with the same mechanic. But perhaps its better designed for a 1v1 fight than burial.

bellissima
03-08-2007, 15:45
Well without actually having played these yet, my initial thoughts:

There are some changes going in for HA:

* Removed Broken Tower from the map rotation.
no strong feelings on this one. Glad to see the back of kill count I guess.

* Removed Burial Mounds from the map rotation and replaced it with Fetid River, a new 8v8 Annihilation map that has a Priest.
8v8 on the second map? Are there going to be enough players to fill enough of these so that we'll have someone to play on the later maps? It seems like this will be a huge bottleneck. I have many other reservations which I'll save for after I see the mechanics of the map.

* Removed Sacred Temples from the map rotation and replaced it with the Antechamber, a new 8v8 Control Point map.
Sacred Temples was probably the single best map in HA. If you were going to replace a relic run I'd rather have seen Unholy temples get the shaft.

* Added Forgotten Shrines, a new 8v8 Control Point map, to the map rotation after Unholy Temples.
I think it's good to have some capture point map earlier in the cycle since it's currently only a HoH objective. I'm not crazy about the objective itself but if it's in the HoH, there should be some earlier exposure to the mechanic.

* Changed the Courtyard's game type from Kill Count to King of the Hill.

An excellent change that I've suggested at every opportunity since it was converted to kill count. It just has to be an improvement.

Wet One
03-08-2007, 16:30
Well without actually having played these yet, my initial thoughts:

8v8 on the second map?

LOL, when they say 8v8, its 1 team of 8 vs 1 team of 8, not 8 teams against each other :)

bellissima
03-08-2007, 16:41
LOL, when they say 8v8, its 1 team of 8 vs 1 team of 8, not 8 teams against each other :)

phew. well burial grounds used to be 6 teams so it's not THAT farfetched. (I guess that would be 48v48?)

Still you get the :blush: from me!

grimwold
03-08-2007, 22:15
not sure how i feel about the ab style cap points in ha. i guess it adds some strategy to it, or at least thats the idea. just doesnt seem to sit right with me but i might get used to it.

big thumbs up for getting rid of kill counts, i still think any map with more than 2 teams brings too much luck to the table, ie a typical scenario is balanced vs balanced vs heroway and whichever balanced wins is down to whatever team the heroway decide they want to wail on.

in any case i think its safe to say ranger spike isnt viable anymore, but knowing how unbalanced ritualist spike is, it can probably work out a way to split on this as well.

anet are trying at least ! :) (at last).

Wuzzman
04-08-2007, 17:32
At the heels of these changes is the sudden increase in HA'ers because of the double fame weekend. Honestly Anet won't take any request to alter HA seriously without 8 international districts to test it on.

Tacitus
05-08-2007, 00:42
cap points are far better than kill count. Teams are now far no longer to feel inclined to bring spike builds as oppossed to pressure/ shutdown. shutdown builds were killed because of kill count, things like dual migraine, e-burners etc. Now that maps dont reward spike teams to the same extent the range of builds can increase overtime. The removal of kill count was long overdue we can be happy that it has happened now.

As for the benefits of cap points i feel the maps are a good size but that people should rez back at the spawn points rather than on the alters. This would make killing the other team members more worthwhile but keeps the emphasise on the cap points.

shardfenix
05-08-2007, 02:31

It doesn't take a miracle to fix pvp. It just takes a skill balancing team that isn't made up of idiots.

The Pointless
05-08-2007, 12:11
It doesn't take a miracle to fix pvp. It just takes a skill balancing team that isn't made up of idiots.

People who talk crud like that deserve to be screwed over, if you ask me.