PDA

View Full Version : My turn =)

Tsai Cooper
29-08-2007, 22:08
edit:Thanks for closing the other one, neitzche, it woulda been kind of annoying with both
This is is my first GvG build. Its a 5-3 split.
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/User:Dark0805/Sandbox/GvG
once you follow link you'll be able to see how you can easily reply here to the build
to any possible vandals: shove it
comments critiques call me noob idc. lol
and take a close look at the sword warrior hes a homemade build and i think he might be pretty good.
already i see something i should change lol

Dogbert
01-09-2007, 13:29
edit:Thanks for closing the other one, neitzche, it woulda been kind of annoying with both
This is is my first GvG build. Its a 5-3 split.
http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/User:Dark0805/Sandbox/GvG
once you follow link you'll be able to see how you can easily reply here to the build
to any possible vandals: shove it
comments critiques call me noob idc. lol
and take a close look at the sword warrior hes a homemade build and i think he might be pretty good.
already i see something i should change lol

Looks good i didn't understand the skill on the sword warrior. One of the optional skills is that gw:en skill but the other?

Tsai Cooper
01-09-2007, 16:08
Looks good i didn't understand the skill on the sword warrior. One of the optional skills is that gw:en skill but the other?

? there were 2 optionals, now bbcode is updated, so knee cutter is up there.
so all thats left is one optional, consider, enraging charge, sadist's signet, w/e

Wet One
01-09-2007, 16:39
Possibly "For Great Justice" and sun and moon and that warrior can put out crazy DPS Healsig.. or even d-dagger.. depends if you want the interupt, some greater split-ability etc

Tsai Cooper
01-09-2007, 17:22
fgj is practically gimpy when you have knee cutter imo
sun and moon was something i considered though

Dogbert
01-09-2007, 17:47
Don't really know if dragon slash is the best elite on a split warrior. I would take something else instead of that.

Tsai Cooper
01-09-2007, 17:54
its for synergy with knee cutter and cripshot
once knee cutters 5 adren is gained the build can go FAST
sever>gash>d slash>knee cutter>rinse and repeat
much faster than a standard YAA, no?
though to be sure i'm considering a change to a YAA warrior and BA ranger.

woot im a warrior
01-09-2007, 18:45
Crip slash + BA>>>>YAA + BA.

Tsai Cooper
01-09-2007, 18:51

rawr
if only for the bar compression that it offers, i'll consider it.

Tsai Cooper
01-09-2007, 23:29
UPDATE::
have changed the warrior and ranger into:
Criplslash with knee cutter
and a Burning Arrow expertise whore

Wuzzman
01-09-2007, 23:57

YAA + BA>>>>>>>Crip Slash + BA, range shout that can't miss > melee attack that can be blocked and evaded.... dragon slash fails in so many levels.

Tsai Cooper
02-09-2007, 00:12
this is a split...
YAA is nice but the chance of crip being blocked is low espesh against npcs lol
and cripslash compresses bar really well

woot im a warrior
02-09-2007, 00:25
this is a split...
YAA is nice but the chance of crip being blocked is low espesh against npcs lol
and cripslash compresses bar really well

Crip slash also kills a lot faster, and is a lot more useful in more areas. I actually cannot think of a situation where YAA would be better then crip slash.

Tsai Cooper
02-09-2007, 00:30
the weakness =another condition removed with malice
energy cost so its insta use
and i wouldnt use this build in arena

David Holtzman
02-09-2007, 05:58
YAA + BA>>>>>>>Crip Slash + BA, range shout that can't miss > melee attack that can be blocked and evaded.... dragon slash fails in so many levels.

DSlash is a good skill, though not for splitting. On splits CSlash is way better than YAA for a number of reasons including its easy cripple reapplication and its bar compression.

Dogbert
02-09-2007, 12:41
Yaa used to be better but it's been nerfed so many times. It's still pretty strong.
Mending touch is a good counter vs Yaa.
I still prefer YAA + BA rather than Crip slash + BA.

Willian Sunspeare
13-09-2007, 20:17
Wait, scratchthat, you have a BA instead of cripshot? Run Cripslash then.

Tsai Cooper
13-09-2007, 21:03
what was your original reply? and lol i forgot this thread still existed.

Willian Sunspeare
13-09-2007, 21:08
what was your original reply? and lol i forgot this thread still existed.

I was gonna say you can afford not to run a crip slash on your war because you already have snares on the split.

Tsai Cooper
13-09-2007, 21:25
ah, i see =)

well originally, it was supposed to be coordinated

dragon slash+knee cutter on warrior, +cripshot on ranger

Willian Sunspeare
14-09-2007, 19:26
ah, i see =)

well originally, it was supposed to be coordinated

dragon slash+knee cutter on warrior, +cripshot on ranger

A potential improvement I would like to suggest with your build is maybe considering swapping elites onyour hammer: take Earthshaker for Backbreaker. Backbreaker is strong on spikes, and definitely punishes the solo monk if your opponent decides to countersplit a monk, but I think you have enough KDs on that bar that it's not so big an issue.

Backbreaker is also a much stronger spike skill - if you had a second warrior with you at the stand, which you regularly shouldn't. The damage I see at the stand is an orb, a shatter, and the hammer, which, really, is not nearly enough to take down targets on a regular basis, which, like you correctly stated in your original idea for the build, resigns the hammer war to a linebacker position.

In this case, I think Earthshaker is a better choice, since it can potentially KD 2 melee targets when defending from a spike, potentially KD the monk AND your target on a spike for a better chance at punching through, and is generally stronger at VoD than Backbreaker.

Tsai Cooper
19-09-2007, 16:57
A potential improvement I would like to suggest with your build is maybe considering swapping elites onyour hammer: take Earthshaker for Backbreaker. Backbreaker is strong on spikes, and definitely punishes the solo monk if your opponent decides to countersplit a monk, but I think you have enough KDs on that bar that it's not so big an issue.

Backbreaker is also a much stronger spike skill - if you had a second warrior with you at the stand, which you regularly shouldn't. The damage I see at the stand is an orb, a shatter, and the hammer, which, really, is not nearly enough to take down targets on a regular basis, which, like you correctly stated in your original idea for the build, resigns the hammer war to a linebacker position.

In this case, I think Earthshaker is a better choice, since it can potentially KD 2 melee targets when defending from a spike, potentially KD the monk AND your target on a spike for a better chance at punching through, and is generally stronger at VoD than Backbreaker.

thanks for the tip, not cuz i'll take earthshaker
but cuz i meant to put in dev hammer, which is >both.
lol

Bloody Samuel
23-09-2007, 04:29
earthsaker>devastating

Tsai Cooper
23-09-2007, 04:38
earthsaker>devastating

dev is excellent against other warriors, imo

MentalMidgit
23-09-2007, 07:41
Earthshaker>Devs Hammer on that bar. Devs is ran for the 2nd kd from heavy blow and on that bar lack of kd's should not be a problem.

Also, Cripshot>BA as cripshot is much more versitile for forcing uneven fights and morale which is a big part of splitting besides setting up for VoD.

Tsai Cooper
28-09-2007, 18:48
mod close please, i am no longer using that link as a front for runnign builds i'm advertising
but thx for the opinions that came around

Tsai Cooper
28-09-2007, 18:48
mod close please, i am no longer using that link as a front for runnign builds i'm advertising
but thx for the opinions that came around

FlyingHippo
28-09-2007, 22:52
it's meta, so what?