PDA

View Full Version : FOW monument bugged

Rob Van Der Sloot
19-09-2007, 08:08
As stated on the Community Discussion forum, the aquiring of the FoW monument is currently bugged. Even if you complete all of the quests in the Fissure of Woe, half of the time you won't be rewarded with a monument.

Last night I tried it with 7 alliance members and one hero. We cleared every single quest, had no disconnects, but still no monument. Hours of work for nothing.

Additionally the quest "The Hunt" is also still bugged, making it harder for the entire party to get the monument anyway. If someone takes the quest "The Hunt", the first Shard Wolf spawns right in the middle of a mob of enemies and is instantly killed. Anyone who does not have the quest yet before this happens can never complete it during that run. The Shard Wolf only counts as killed, if you got the quest before it was killed. This needs to be fixed badly. It's a bug that's been there since the beginning.

Lord Juan
20-09-2007, 08:56
As stated on the Community Discussion forum, the aquiring of the FoW monument is currently bugged. Even if you complete all of the quests in the Fissure of Woe, half of the time you won't be rewarded with a monument.

Last night I tried it with 7 alliance members and one hero. We cleared every single quest, had no disconnects, but still no monument. Hours of work for nothing.

Additionally the quest "The Hunt" is also still bugged, making it harder for the entire party to get the monument anyway. If someone takes the quest "The Hunt", the first Shard Wolf spawns right in the middle of a mob of enemies and is instantly killed. Anyone who does not have the quest yet before this happens can never complete it during that run. The Shard Wolf only counts as killed, if you got the quest before it was killed. This needs to be fixed badly. It's a bug that's been there since the beginning.

I have already opened a bug report for this, even thought it needs a bump it seems as went back to page 3 >.<, it's in here:
http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463391

duckboy
29-09-2007, 10:19
Now with the recent updates, these being the most important:

1. Fixed a bug in the Underworld that incorrectly awarded completion for the quest "The Terrorweb Queen" if the player had previously completed the quest "The Demon Assassin". This error prevented players from being awarded the Underworld Hall of Monuments trophy.

2. Made changes to the Fissure of Woe quests "Defend the Temple of War", "The Wailing Lord". "The Eternal Forgemaster", and "The Hunt" to prevent errors from occurring when the party completes the quests prior to accepting them.

Can any1 confirm whether they have had a resonable success rate of getting the statue after these updates, since it hasn't been made retroactive (like usual) so have to do it all again, only i dont wanna spend 4 hours again for it to say 'Out of Order' in my HoM still :laugh:

fido
01-10-2007, 15:51
I can sadly confirm that "The Hunt" quest is still bugged.

I completed all the FOW quests with some of my guildmates yesterday evening. We completed The Hunt quest last, but we had not cleared the place for monsters before accepting the quest. When we accepted the reward after completion one of us found out that he still needed to kill one shard wolf. But he didn't have an arrow showing where the shard wolf was.
This of course made the whole party feel rather miserably :sad: at a time where we should have partied to celebrate our accomplishment.

The rest of us got our statue in HoM as far as I know.

Being
02-10-2007, 19:17
I know that it denys you the monument if you /resign to leave. As it happend to me we ended up doing it again but leaving(zoning) instead of using /resign and we got it.

This was before any new updates. Hope you find this useful.

Anna Ryan
02-10-2007, 19:47
I know that it denys you the monument if you /resign to leave. As it happend to me we ended up doing it again but leaving(zoning) instead of using /resign and we got it.

This was before any new updates. Hope you find this useful.

Hmm, me and a mate just did all fow quests and we resigned at the end, and we both got our statue. So I don't think resigning does a thing... We didn't even totally clear FoW, just 75% I think. We did this before the update.

Gaile
03-10-2007, 05:36
We will pass this along to QA so that they can investigate. (I believe it was in the CS this week, but I'll send it just to make sure.)

Gaile
03-10-2007, 21:26
And here is what I heard from QA: We have confirmed that The Hunt will not complete correctly for multiple players if some of them receive the quest after a shard Wolf has already been killed. This is being tracked (in our internal bug listings). Fixes are already in the works on Dev.

This means that you will likely see a fix for this within the next several days. If further testing is required, it may be a week or a bit more. Thanks for your report.

Rydia Merchan
03-10-2007, 23:24
And here is what I heard from QA: We have confirmed that The Hunt will not complete correctly for multiple players if some of them receive the quest after a shard Wolf has already been killed. This is being tracked (in our internal bug listings). Fixes are already in the works on Dev.

This means that you will likely see a fix for this within the next several days. If further testing is required, it may be a week or a bit more. Thanks for your report.

Hi Gaile,

My guild mates and I cleared FOW on Monday night and all of us were able to get our monuments (and I got my mesmer's fow armor yay!)--we grabbed the shard wolf quest last after completing the other quests and clearing almost all the monsters and had no problems. Hopefully this is fixed so everyone else can get their cool monument too.

unfor
16-10-2007, 17:01
Hi Gaile,

My guild mates and I cleared FOW on Monday night and all of us were able to get our monuments (and I got my mesmer's fow armor yay!)--we grabbed the shard wolf quest last after completing the other quests and clearing almost all the monsters and had no problems. Hopefully this is fixed so everyone else can get their cool monument too.

Just cleared FoW, and guess what, QUEST BUGGED, while we actually took the quest before killing anything. we both didnt get the quest updated.
Thanks anet for making us waste 3 hours on nothing...
I guess we're just ****ed, because anet doesnt compensate you for their bugs.

Rob Van Der Sloot
18-10-2007, 01:02
I did FOW not so long ago, and this time it did work. So thanks to Gaile and the team. Some details on that run:

-We had 3 players and 5 heroes
-We killed several mobs in advance, so they could not kill any Shard Wolves
-We also killed mobs that might kill npc's because of proximity
-We first all accepted The Hunt, and then proceeded to kill the Shard Wolves
-We didn't kill every enemy, far from it. We only did all the quests
-The reward chest wasn't implemented yet when we did the run
-We all got the monument this time

Hypernl
21-10-2007, 00:46
I'm in FoW at the time I write this. We completed all quest but "The hunt" cannot be completed. (6/7).

I checked, checked again and double checked the shard wolf locations at the map:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Image:The_Hunt_map.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Image:The_Hunt_map.jpg

I feel miserable now. It took hours to but no way I can complete it now...

We joined from ToA with 2 players and 6 heroes.

Screens:

Screenshot 1 (http://www.xs4all.nl/~duivenv/forum/huntbug1.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://www.xs4all.nl/~duivenv/forum/huntbug2.jpg)

stubberella
21-10-2007, 01:01
I thought they fixed the shard wolf quest? Did one just not spawn or was it the old bug of one gets killed early (but in that case, someone would have gotten credit for the quest's completion).

Hypernl
21-10-2007, 01:14
I thought they fixed the shard wolf quest? Did one just not spawn or was it the old bug of one gets killed early (but in that case, someone would have gotten credit for the quest's completion).

My teammate also was unable to complete. We searched, checked wiki searched again. He left the game. I kept searching. But nothing.

unfor
21-10-2007, 07:07
They didn't fix it, all 7 wolfs spawn. but when we killed the 1st one, quest did not update for both of us. And someone has to get the quest before the wolfs spawn, so there is no way in hell you can kill a shardwolf before getting the quest.

zeroping
21-10-2007, 08:35
Did FoW again this evening with someone +six heroes. Seven wolves spawned, quest properly updated when we killed the first Shard Wolf.

Minor bug: When we killed the fifth and sixth wolves, there was no "Quest Updated: The Hunt" notification in the chat log - however, the counter for the quest properly updated and properly showed the amount remaining.

Rob Van Der Sloot
21-10-2007, 17:52
My teammate also was unable to complete. We searched, checked wiki searched again. He left the game. I kept searching. But nothing.

Can you tell us if a shard wolf was accidentally killed by enemies? Which Shard Wolf were you unable to find?

They didn't fix it, all 7 wolfs spawn. but when we killed the 1st one, quest did not update for both of us. And someone has to get the quest before the wolfs spawn, so there is no way in hell you can kill a shardwolf before getting the quest.

If one person got the quest (but the other players didn't get it yet), then enemies could kill the first Shard Wolf, after which the other players would be unable to complete the quest. That was the bug many players ran into, but it's supposed to be fixed now.

Hypernl
21-10-2007, 19:31
Can you tell us if a shard wolf was accidentally killed by enemies? Which Shard Wolf were you unable to find?

No, I can't say that because I don't know.

If one person got the quest (but the other players didn't get it yet), then enemies could kill the first Shard Wolf, after which the other players would be unable to complete the quest. That was the bug many players ran into, but it's supposed to be fixed now.

This is not the issue because my only human team mate (who took the quest as the first person) also was unable to get 7 shard wolf kills.

So, what I can think of there can have been two possible issues:

1.) All shard wolves spawned, all were killed but not all were counted.
2.) Not all shard wolves spawned

Hypernl
28-10-2007, 22:43
Should be fixed now:

Bug Fixes

* Fixed a bug that caused the hunt rampage to display an incorrect duration in Hard Mode.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the snowmen in the Secret Lair of the Snowmen from using their Hard-Mode exclusive skills.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to access Account Storage in areas that have no Xunlai Agents.
* Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented characters from receiving credit for kills in the Fissure of Woe quest "The Hunt".
* Fixed a bug that prevented players from reporting teammates for leeching while in Random Arenas and Alliance Battles.
* Fixed a bug that allowed players to have more siege devourers in their group than intended in some Eye of the North regions.
* Fixed a bug that allowed players to use Spirits to kill Polymock opponents.
* Fixed a bug that prevented Domain of Anguish bosses from spawning once the quest "Mallyx the Unyielding" had been completed.
* Fixed a bug in the Courtyard map of Heroes' Ascent that allowed the gate levers to open and close the gates faster than intended.
* Fixed a graphical bug that caused several character models and armor sets to appear as wireframes.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/gameupdates/

Quaker Tu
03-11-2007, 20:30
What I'd like to know is - how do you keep the Griffons from being killed while they are in the Tower of Courage. (After you've finished the quest A Gift of Griffons).

Twice now I've been in the FoW trying (unsuccessfully) to complete all the quests. Both times, we were kicked out shortly after killing the Shard Wolf that spawns near the ToC. The second time it happened, it seemed that a group of (I think) Shadow Beasts spawned in or near the ToC, and attacked the Griffons who are "parked" in there. We couldn't get there in time to prevent one of the Griffons from dying. (I only just happened to notice them because we we're headed back to the Forge that way.)

Can anyone confirm that this group of enemies spawns only after killing that particular Shard Wolf? If that is the case, I could make sure that we pull the Wolf closer to the ToC before killing it. But, if it's not the case, back to my original question, how do you prevent this from happening?

Quaker Tu
04-11-2007, 03:46
Cancel that - mystery solved, question answered.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5169550#post5169550