PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Battles Double Points Weekend

bonewizard
01-10-2007, 16:15
What a fun weekend for AB. Everyone seemed to mind there manners after the Leecher update, and the smack talk was down to a stiff competition. PUGs seemed to be well balanced (for the most part) and hanging in there longer.
No wait times and very little lag to speak of (which is unusual). Even tho the maps stayed mostly in deep Kurzick Or Luxon territory most of the weekend I didn't see to many people complaining about it. ANET We need more weekends like this cause competition brings out the best players and I did see alot of great players. Plus we get a shinny new title.

mmorpg man
01-10-2007, 22:35
What a fun weekend for AB. Everyone seemed to mind there manners after the Leecher update, and the smack talk was down to a stiff competition. PUGs seemed to be well balanced (for the most part) and hanging in there longer.
No wait times and very little lag to speak of (which is unusual). Even tho the maps stayed mostly in deep Kurzick Or Luxon territory most of the weekend I didn't see to many people complaining about it. ANET We need more weekends like this cause competition brings out the best players and I did see alot of great players. Plus we get a shinny new title.

it was a marked improvement to some of the matches I've done in AB

InneRam
02-10-2007, 01:25
Yep, i met some pros >.> and we Luxons lost alot of times ;o, we only managed to win alot at Ancestrial Lands and Grenz.

Zelphor Cholera
02-10-2007, 01:56
It was fun indeed though the leecher system has many flaws that can be easily be corrected.I don't believe its fair to delcare some1 a leecher ebcause they had to use the restroom(lets not get any further into that topic).Sometimes ppl have to leave for a short period to do something simple that doesn't require a lot of time.Then to return and being delcared a leecher because you sat at the rez shrine for 2 minutes because u were doing your business.

djacob
03-12-2007, 21:35
I must say that this weekend got me into ab so it was actually worth it, unlike what I thought it would be (thought I'd just be chest running all weekend like usual). Now that I'm kind of into ab, this type of weekend will definitely be my favorite type of pvp weekend.

As for accidental leeching, I had an issue with my virus-protection closing out guild wars for a stupid test that found nothing so I might have been reported a few times, but I got back on and apologized so at least they found out why I was leeching. Also, Zelphor I know there are valid reasons for not doing anything while in a match, but it is still leeching. I'll admit that even though my virus-protection was at fault I was leeching... even though I hate the thought of it.