[zealous benediction]
[Shield of Absorption]
[prot spirit]
[aegis]
[holy veil]
[dismiss condition]
[Signet of Mystic Speed]
[Signet of Pious Restraint]

the idea is a strong spike with the main war, the tele-axe, the 2 mesmers and the ele. in addition, the tele-axe should be disrupting the opponents DA and aegis, while the mesmers wear down the monks.
the defense is also very sturdy, with the double aegis, ward, sod, as well as the runner monk helping out.
the split should be the 2nd war, the mesmer and the runner- all pack a self heal, they pack some snares and damage.

any ideas to improve would be great. i would prefer a rit runner myself with splinter (for the additional aoe pressure to the mesmers), but our leader prefers the mo/d

glorentson
17-10-2007, 02:19
Looks good, Why the two energy surge Mesmers? I think one would be fine enough, Although i do have a personal preference of a common Migraine Mesmer.
I like the Shadow axe in there. I also prefer the rit or ele runner, but what works for you, works.

woot im a warrior
17-10-2007, 02:57
If you are running dual e surge you need to have snares, not having them lost us several games.

We eventually decided to use a water ele at the stand which if played right reduces tons of damage, and it can also cause tons of pressure for their team at the same time. Cripshot is also great to take instead of the b surge, just stick a ward on a mesmer. (It can still be done)

If you do take the water ele though, watch out for HEV, and kill the mesmer ASAP or you will most likely wipe.

Monstrum
17-10-2007, 08:17
i dont like our runner either, anyone got a suggestion for a mass-snare runner that doesnt use SoR? i cant really think of a good reliable self heal on a water runner especially if ur running prot apart from sor... maybe e/rit? but then we lose aegis.

we considered power block/leech/drain for one of the mesmers, but 5 interrupts + elite interrupt seem a bit like overkill

woot im a warrior
17-10-2007, 08:56
The best runner for the build is the rit, and you need snares at the stand or the build doesn't work too well. This is all from experience, and even with all of that, you still need great mesmers, great warriors, and a solid backline to make it work.

EDIT: If you would like a guest to help you out, send me a PM in-game.

IGN - Josh Ruchko

glorentson
17-10-2007, 11:21
The rit is a pretty good runner, although i myself am very pro-SoR but thats personal oppinion

Monstrum
17-10-2007, 12:05
thank you for the offer, unfortunately my guild is bulgarian only.. so unless u can speak/understand bulgarian in TS its gonna be very hard for u to guest :)

i really love the aoe and pressure he would bring, but how is the rit runner gonna help with snares though? the only thing i can think of is a SoR runner (just noticed since 16.10 SoR has been reverted back to normal, yay), and putting ward vs foes + l strike on the ele in favour of ait of attune + l orb (make up for the extra energy, and wont need full damage of orb on spike anyways)

woot im a warrior
17-10-2007, 13:32
thank you for the offer, unfortunately my guild is bulgarian only.. so unless u can speak/understand bulgarian in TS its gonna be very hard for u to guest :)

Ah, well I can only speak and understand english.:sad:

i really love the aoe and pressure he would bring, but how is the rit runner gonna help with snares though? the only thing i can think of is a SoR runner (just noticed since 16.10 SoR has been reverted back to normal, yay), and putting ward vs foes + l strike on the ele in favour of ait of attune + l orb (make up for the extra energy, and wont need full damage of orb on spike anyways)

The runner doesn't need snares on him, all of your snares need to be at the stand the majority of the time. If the runner needs a snare for some reason he can just call the cripshot/water ele back to help him.

Another option though would be to run what my guild has been trying when we feel like playing dual e surge, have the b surge take splinter and ancestors so you always have them at the stand.

Here is the runner we have been using lately:

E/Rt
13 water (11+1+1)
11 restoration
rest in energy storage (+1) - I cannot remember exactly what it was at

Icy shackles
Ice spikes
Blurred vision
Vapor blade
Armor of mist
Glyph of lesser energy
Weapon of warding
Wielders boon

It doesn't offer a lot for heals, but it works out fine because you can kill most splits yourself by snaring, running away, and using vapor blade to make them explode.

It is all up to your guild and personal preference, we just really like the icy shackles runner. The b surge at the stand also helps a lot with defense and your splinter and ancestors is always at the stand which is a big help. Just don't make a big push without your runner so you can snare a couple people to get some kills.

Monstrum
17-10-2007, 13:38
u mean a cripshot or water ele at the stand instead of the blind ele?
i dunno, i dont feel like we have enough hexes or conditions for either... i feel anything they put down is gonna get removed straight away without anything covering it

woot im a warrior
17-10-2007, 13:41
u mean a cripshot or water ele at the stand instead of the blind ele?
i dunno, i dont feel like we have enough hexes or conditions for either... i feel anything they put down is gonna get removed straight away without anything covering it

Since most teams are taking RC right now, it might be best not to take the cripshot, and with the water ele you will get killed by HEV.

Take the b surge, but have him take splinter weapon and ancestors rage. If you do that, then you could use the e/rt runner I just posted, or SoR if you want (although they are not nearly as strong on splits).

Monstrum
17-10-2007, 14:01
well i guess i could change the prot monk to RC/guardian instead of SoD/spirit bond, so the ele can change to e/rit, but then i gotta change one of the mesmers to take gole/melee/res sig instead of pdrain/drain enchant/res chant...