PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Master of the North

Cardinal Cyn
03-11-2007, 17:12
After much effort, i've finally conquered GW:EN!

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/388/gw111qv5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Once again, I feel it's a good time not just to celebrate the achievement but to thank all those who helped with so much of it:

Istabraq Sama
Epic Poetic
Arcane Guardian
Alex The Firelord
Lady Rhonwyn
Chef Boyardee
Jack Goldenheart
Bailey Scarr
Raiala The Healer
All the other members of GWO, the ULGG alliance and Istabraq's alliance who dropped in for varius bits of it here and there.

I must extend a special thank you too to those who helped finally get through that most troublesome dungeon Vloxen Excavations yesterday... Epic, Alex, Albireo, Ebony Matron, Jack... thank you. After 8 attempts, that it is finally beaten. Horrible place! Don't think i'll be going back there any time soon.

Now to do Slaver's Exile HM and max out those reputation titles...

Blocks
03-11-2007, 18:54
WOW.... I imagine in the process you probably maxed a few of the reputation titles as well.. if not all of them.

/me BOWS

Raiala
03-11-2007, 20:08
How much to go untill you officialy are a deity?

And graz on the impressive title!

Cardinal Cyn
03-11-2007, 22:23
How much to go untill you officialy are a deity?

I am currently on 23 titles, having also maxed out my Vanguard rank yesterday.

I shall probably never reach "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals" though. As i've stated before, I have little interest in the "money" titles - drunkard, sweet tooth, lucky, unlucky, wisdom, treasure hunter. The pursuit of the vast quantities of cash which is required to buy these titles holds little motivation for me, and the high thresholds on them makes them fairly unattainable through normal play.

So, with 3 more rank titles i'll be on 26, and thats about as far as I intend to take it unless at some point in the far off future I happen to max out a few of the PvP related titles but thats a long way away.

Egal
04-11-2007, 03:23
Not the newest of news for me, I saw you trying the title on for size when I popped into Umbral Grotto last night. You were away then so I'll say it now: Good onya, Cyn, good job.

Arcane Guardian
04-11-2007, 10:43
Congratulations Cyn! :smiley: I knew that Vloxen excavations was only a temporary obstacle for you.

Slaver's exile HM was not really much harder than usual. I admit that the first time I wanted the entry for the book I went 4 bosses in NM and duncan HM route. Since then I have tried it in full HM, not much different. So I think you will be done with it in no time.

Zatsume
04-11-2007, 10:49
Amazing :shocked: gratz Cyn!

Grenth
04-11-2007, 12:19
Congratulations. I had fun in Vloxen, apart from the minions at the end we seemed to handle everything very well. (Shame I didn't have a hard mode book though >_<)

Arcane Guardian
04-11-2007, 13:01
Oh I am curious once again: what team build worked out for you in the end?

I did Vloxen HM with some friends from Slaver's exile with the popular setup used there (same Stone summit in both areas:rolleyes: ) and we had no problems at all except for a few wipes due to careless aggro.(there was one hyperactive necro player with us :smiley:).

But that setup has little space for experimenting and is a bit unfriendly to certain professions (and I hate that fact). So what did you use?

Cardinal Cyn
04-11-2007, 13:56
So what did you use?

The dwarves have no hex removal so we went with a hex heavy build. I may have it slightly wrong, but from memory, I think we ran:

Alex The Firelord: E/W Obsidian Flesh + Stance Tank
Epic Poetic: Mesmer SS + cry of pain and a few other hexes
Ebony Matron Sophia: (Can't remember the build. Was Death I think)
Me: Spellbreaker prot
Ogden: Healing
Olias: Ne/Mo Icy Veins + Death hexes (Rising Bile, Putrid Bile, Malign Intervention) + Smiting Hexes (Scourge Healing, Scourge Enchantments) + Well of suffering
Whispers: Reapers Mark + Curses Hexes (Barbs, Faintheartedness, Suffering, Enfeebling Blood, Parasitic Bond + well of darkness) + Blood Ritual

...and Albireo on his assassin (he died a lot) :grin:

Irubak
04-11-2007, 16:14
That's really great! Congratulations!

Jersey
04-11-2007, 17:32
Nice work Cyn! Congratulations!!!

REI ONRYOU
04-11-2007, 21:53
*faints*

Wow....just wow. That title is the equivalent of about 5 all on it's own. Truly you must have worked hard in order to achieve that. Congratulations.

And as for titles you have to "buy", I'm sure many many people would be willing to donate to the good cause of seeing a "god walking amongst mere mortals". =D

Lady Rhonwyn
05-11-2007, 07:19
I'm thinking about that title as well... I mean, "god walking amongst mere mortals" would fit well with Slayer of All... Sadly, I'm not even half-way... Maybe I should start vanquishing and guarding...

hiroyuki
05-11-2007, 07:40
The dwarves have no hex removal so we went with a hex heavy build. I may have it slightly wrong, but from memory, I think we ran:

Alex The Firelord: E/W Obsidian Flesh + Stance Tank
Epic Poetic: Mesmer SS + cry of pain and a few other hexes
Me: Spellbreaker prot
Ogden: Healing
Olias: Ne/Mo Icy Veins + Death hexes (Rising Bile, Putrid Bile, Malign Intervention) + Smiting Hexes (Scourge Healing, Scourge Enchantments) + Well of suffering
Whispers: Reapers Mark + Curses Hexes (Barbs, Faintheartedness, Suffering, Enfeebling Blood, Parasitic Bond + well of darkness) + Blood Ritual

Ebony Matron Sophia was doing the SS.
I went Domination with Echo, Empathy, Backfire, WW, fast rez (not sure if I rezzed that fast). Something like that.

P.S. And Grenth you can get that HM Dungeong guide filled with the pages you miss. Just talk with the book guy (I usually talk to the dwarf in Gunnar) and give him 100gold, he will add the pages of those dungeons you've done. I had my HM Hero's Handbook, instead of my Dungeon guide, but the dwarf added the pages I missed.

Blocks
05-11-2007, 23:57
Congratulations. I had fun in Vloxen, apart from the minions at the end we seemed to handle everything very well. (Shame I didn't have a hard mode book though >_<)

In case you didn't know... for a small fee you can get quests you've completed without a book in hand added to your book once you have it. Simply talk to one of the guy in EoTN that gives you books (I imagine any of them will do the same). Get a book and ask them to look at it. If you completed any quests they'll offer to add them for a fee.

Ayarie
06-11-2007, 09:46
Grats Cynnykins ^_^

I guess we need to make the doors a little wider now? =)

Ps.. I think the scarecrow head gear looked better

>.>

<.<

Naru

Zatsume
07-11-2007, 09:30
I have been pondering for a while that the great achieves of Cyn deserve some contribution... so I drew a picture... When I drew this I had in my mind a saying by Cyn "make a monk then u can be awesome like me" i think he said that when Alex was considering ner pve-character... Anyways I hope ull like this cyn. the scene is set on the streets of cantha

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8324/cynpienizt8.jpg

Lady Rhonwyn
07-11-2007, 09:53
I have been pondering for a while that the great achieves of Cyn deserve some contribution... so I drew a picture... When I drew this I had in my mind a saying by Cyn "make a monk then u can be awesome like me" i think he said that when Alex was considering ner pve-character... Anyways I hope ull like this cyn. the scene is set on the streets of cantha

<snip>

I like it, except, I find the face too feminine...

(you should put a scarecrow mask on it :devil:)

hiroyuki
07-11-2007, 10:00
OMG That dervish on the left is going to attack him! *casts reversal of damage on Cyn*
*casts pain inverter on dervish peasant*
:D

Cardinal Cyn
07-11-2007, 10:05
I Anyways I hope ull like this cyn. the scene is set on the streets of cantha

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8324/cynpienizt8.jpg

Very good, although I look a liitle... young in it.

Cardinal Cyn
07-11-2007, 10:05
OMG That dervish on the left is going to attack him!

I'm more concerned by the zombie woman stood next to him...

REI ONRYOU
07-11-2007, 10:21
I don't see me anywhere........perhaps I am your red carpet, yes? Albeit with a pink twist? :grin:

Zatsume
07-11-2007, 11:51
Very good, although I look a liitle... young in it.

Yea i know the face was kind of a hard part... couldnt get it just right

OMG That dervish on the left is going to attack him! *casts reversal of damage on Cyn*
*casts pain inverter on dervish peasant*
:D

... it was supposed to be a peasant with a flag :rolleyes:

Rockweaver
07-11-2007, 11:55
Grats on the art work very nice. i am guessing that you free hand and then scan the images?

Grenth
07-11-2007, 13:03

I was an SS Parasite, taking their health to feed mine.

And yes he did, lol :grin:

Zatsume
07-11-2007, 13:26
Grats on the art work very nice. i am guessing that you free hand and then scan the images?

yup correct its all pencil work except for the clouds which were blurred with gimp

Jersey
07-11-2007, 17:01
I'm more concerned by the zombie woman stood next to him...

Yes, looks like she's got an eye for you :grin:

Raiala
07-11-2007, 18:55
Zazume or that zombie in the picture? (woot now even this simple thread has gone off-topic!)

Nemeon Lion
07-11-2007, 21:47
Zazume or that zombie in the picture? (woot now even this simple thread has gone off-topic!)

j00 re the off-topic bunny?

Anyway, congrats Cyn!

Sorry for only noticing it now...

If i hadnt left that Vloxen Excavations.... Arrggh, curse you, Real Life!!!!!

Arcane Guardian
08-11-2007, 01:04
Nice picture!:grin:

Lady Rhonwyn
08-11-2007, 05:24
Yea i know the face was kind of a hard part... couldnt get it just right

Last night, in the Guild Hall, I had a good opportunity to study his face. He was standing there, staring in the distance, and even though had had put on some dark glasses, I still recognized him.

And I found out why the head isn't right. His head is much rounder. You've made his head an elipse, while it should almost be round.

I wish I could draw like that... (I only can draw geometric figures...)