PDA

View Full Version : Need help with build.

woot im a warrior
10-11-2007, 10:03
I would just like some help from some people on a balanced-split build I thought of running.

W/D - 14 axe, 9 strength, 10 wind prayers
Eviscerate, executioners strike, agonizing chop, bulls strike, frenzy, harriers haste, natural healing, rez sig.

I made this warrior so he could split well, but doesn't give up too much at the stand, and so far it has worked well for me.

R/Mo - standard burning arrow

This character is obviously also meant to split.

W/Rt - 14 hammer, 13 strength
Earth shaker, crushing blow, mighty blow, bulls strike, flail, rush, enraging charge, death pact signet.

Hammers are great, nuff said.

Me/E - 14 dom, 9 fast cast, 10 earth.
HEV, diversion, p leak, p spike, shatter enchantment, shame, ward vs melee, GoLE

I don't know if HEV or E surge would be better right now without LoD anymore.

Rt/Me - 14 channeling, 13 restoration
Offering of spirit, ancestors rage, splinter weapon, protective was kaolai, life, mend body and soul, mirror of disenchantment, flesh of my flesh.

I am unsure about this build, but I like having party heals at the stand more then on a runner. Any ideas to improve this build would be greatly appreciated.

Mo/* - 14 prot, 10 heal, 10 divine favor
RC, mend touch, guardian, SB, RoF, gift of health, holy veil, aegis

No explanation needed.

Mo/E - 14 heal, 10 prot, 10 divine favor
WoH, heal party, prot spirit, SoA, dismiss condition, cure hex, aegis, GoLE

Heal party on healing monk because the rit cannot do all the party healing alone.

E/Rt - 13 water, 11 restoration, 9 energy storage
Icy shackles, freezing gust, blurred vision, vapor blade, armor of mist, weapon of warding, wielders boon, GoLE

This is by far my favorite runner, and it offers great snares, decent self survival, and works well against most splits, and is excellent when on offensive splits.

I was thinking about running a b surge instead of a mesmer, but Yue pointed out that without more shutdown we wont get many kills. I also think the rit in the midline is nice because it helps monks with party heals but also helps with offense.

Any advice on how to improve the build, or should I just run something completely different?

EDIT: Before the LoD nerf we were running the mesmer and a b surge, and it was working fine, but I do not know what to change to add more party healing, and thought rit would be useful, but haven't tested it yet.

Ledah
10-11-2007, 11:05
Yay for the return of offensive E/Rt runners.

As for the party wide heals, I once tried running a mind blaster with heal party and it works very nicely until he gets power leaked into oblivion, and that's the problem with having a stand heal party. It's p-leak / distracting shot fodder, as even with HCT set it will almost always be 1 sec or 2 sec.

I think with the change to healer's boon we'll be seeing boon/heal party/gole more often now, as it seems the most reliable way to get strong party wide heals. I wonder if anet corrected cure hex to work with healer's boon. Protective was kaolai is a good help but by itself I don't think it can hold down pressure builds. You can chain two uses together, but it's still a 20 sec recharge.

Short non ranting answer: Try using healer's boon monk and you might be able to free the rit slot, if that's what you want.

woot im a warrior
10-11-2007, 11:32
Yay for the return of offensive E/Rt runners.

As for the party wide heals, I once tried running a mind blaster with heal party and it works very nicely until he gets power leaked into oblivion, and that's the problem with having a stand heal party. It's p-leak / distracting shot fodder, as even with HCT set it will almost always be 1 sec or 2 sec.

I think with the change to healer's boon we'll be seeing boon/heal party/gole more often now, as it seems the most reliable way to get strong party wide heals. I wonder if anet corrected cure hex to work with healer's boon. Protective was kaolai is a good help but by itself I don't think it can hold down pressure builds. You can chain two uses together, but it's still a 20 sec recharge.

Short non ranting answer: Try using healer's boon monk and you might be able to free the rit slot, if that's what you want.

HB is too fragile, and the monk I posted has gotten the best results so far after testing monk builds all day today.

The rit also has life, and I am hoping that since the 1 warrior and ranger splitting it will be enough to keep the people at the stand alive, although I am not sure if it will be enough.

We also tried e prod runner but it just doesn't work.

mmorpg man
10-11-2007, 13:47
I think the mesmer build needs tweaking a bit. here's what I would have (standard GvG mesmer bar)

HEV/energy surge
diversion
power leak
power drain
shatter enchantment/ward against melee
drain enchantment
shame
rez chant

Ledah
10-11-2007, 14:29
Personally I don't like shame much without MoR. It can still be useful for shutting down monks on spikes and stopping the sac-rez chants but overall I find it less useful on a e-surge/HEV bar than energy burn, specially if you're running HEV. If they have no hexes, burn will give the spike aid you need to finish off a target. And it's still a good e-denial skill if you know how to use it well, specially if coupled with e-surge.

woot im a warrior
10-11-2007, 15:18
I think the mesmer build needs tweaking a bit. here's what I would have (standard GvG mesmer bar)

HEV/energy surge
diversion
power leak
power drain
shatter enchantment/ward against melee
drain enchantment
shame
rez chant

Shatter>>>>drain

BTW, no one uses res chant anymore, its flesh now. (not that it matters since I will be running ward on the mesmer)

Akirai Annuvil
10-11-2007, 18:47
I'd use E-Surge instead of HEV; works always and is mean at VoD. Otherwise I'm agreeing with Ledah, E-Burn instead of Pspike. And from what little experience I have with running life/recovery in a more serious setting Pious concentration is a very nice thing to have. If you don't mind kicking MoD on the rit, you could also be using a different elite; Weapon of Fury for KD spam from the hammer comes to mind.

Ace Bear
10-11-2007, 19:00
Ya know, ya could make that E/Rt into a flagstand ele pretty easily and then make your runner a Healer's Boon, Heal Party, GolE monk runner. I know you like the party heals at stand but the runner would basically take over the healing for the entire team(aside from spikes) for the time he/she/it stays there. Cast until drained, speed boost out to get another flag(this is obviously situational but its just an example). Don't have to worry about Hb being weak when the runner is way in the back. Plus HB easily allows defensive splits back at base.