PDA

View Full Version : 2 DA Frontline with 3 Monk Backline ..how nice! ..Oh No Angelic Bonder too!!

Vela
14-11-2007, 03:39
Seriously, are you kidding me? :shocked:

No, it is what is happening now. :grin:

Wuzzman
14-11-2007, 10:33
yeah its called Legoway...its a b**tch ain't it?

Vela
14-11-2007, 14:25
yeah its called Legoway...its a b**tch ain't it?

No, it's retarded.

Tiyuri
14-11-2007, 15:27
angelic bond sucks, who cares

Kamahl
14-11-2007, 15:45
no its called gank runs para spike with 2 da angelic bond 3 monks and ward v harm water ele so scrubs copy of obs

Ranger Nietzsche
14-11-2007, 18:41
create defensive maps in hall of heroes and you get a defensive meta.

thats how its always been.

2/3 of the maps in HOH can essentially be won (if you're the holding team) by holding the central altar with a defensive build.

And relic runs just require good running and body blocking/snares.

In other words, right now holding doesn't really require the ability to kill anything.

Aiiane
14-11-2007, 19:46

thats how its always been.

2/3 of the maps in HOH can essentially be won (if you're the holding team) by holding the central altar with a defensive build.

And relic runs just require good running and body blocking/snares.

In other words, right now holding doesn't really require the ability to kill anything.

It's somewhat of a quandary - due to the progression setup they need to ensure that a halls game occurs on a regular basis so that people don't get held up waiting to enter HoH, which means that they can't have a straight-up elimination gametype because that has no upper bound on the duration. Yet that means that they're almost constantly going for some form of defensive gametype.

Vela
15-11-2007, 02:23

Yes/No. The big problem is that lack of teams makes it impossible for getting to halls by playing all maps. With luck, you can skip from UW on weekdays. Hence, you will see this retarded builds being played. You get a different meta if people are playing to farm fame without bothering abt halls. Now everyone knows you will end up in halls on your 2nd or 3rd or 4th win so, why not play lame like that. However, if you add death penalty in those, it may be a different story.

Also, Fear Me spam is back with full force with no hex-pressure teams playing in hA.

Ranger Nietzsche
15-11-2007, 05:21
the fear me spam IWAY is rather weak though. I don't see it replacing Thumpers and N/Rts

mmorpg man
15-11-2007, 09:20
actually that reminds me I haven't seen legoway used in a long time. mostly all I see is eoe bomb, sway and balanced.

asxtc
15-11-2007, 12:04
mostly all I see is eoe bomb, sway and balanced.

Youve seen a balanced!!

Where, who, what...??

Try to put a balanced together and a load of ppl wont even bother rerolling (the vast majority of todays mid-ranked players got there through gimmick builds and dont even know what balanced is)...the fast entry BOTM means they can get more airtime for theyre 2 hours of nightime playing slot.

Ranger Nietzsche
15-11-2007, 14:47
I don't get why people call it EoE Bomb, no one is saccing health.

its Tele-Eles plain and simple. You play it exactly like the old Starburst E/A build.

Yet people call it EoE bomb.

mmorpg man
15-11-2007, 18:16
Try to put a balanced together and a load of ppl wont even bother rerolling (the vast majority of todays mid-ranked players got there through gimmick builds and dont even know what balanced is)...the fast entry BOTM means they can get more airtime for theyre 2 hours of nightime playing slot.

which is something i refuse to do. balanced is about the only thing which isn't a gimmick these days. I played the new "eoe bomb" about 3times before it became a gimmick then stopped and went back to balanced.

btw wat happened to paraspike, paraway and zergway?

Wuzzman
17-11-2007, 17:10
this game is getting really boring really fast. Well Ha was dieing but at least I could have a good laugh every other match now its just "wait for hall skip while still in UW, 2 team members have already left since 2 hours has past".

kongkingx
18-11-2007, 07:56
When you nerf good pug friendly builds, these kinds of crap eventually come out.

Vela
20-11-2007, 13:08
The real issue, which I believe, ANET has realized that there is no convergence on the tactics and skills employed in different arenas. Having different arenas that require vastly different tactics and skillbars, Guildwars moved to Buildwars as more and more chapters released. An idea that was innovative in the beginning has simply backfired now.

Nowadays, you can almost predict who you are going to face in UW if you notice who is going in from id1. Yep, it is that sad <lol>. In iWay-days, you still had some people to beat, now, there is almost none unless you are ready to wait for 10 minutes after each match.

Wuzzman
21-11-2007, 03:20
when you nerf bat swing everything to hell and don't let the meta correct and evolve itself, you get the 1,2 build garbage we have now.