PDA

View Full Version : Good Earth Build?

dmg1
19-11-2007, 14:17
Hi. I have Proph, Factions, and NF. I just picked up my ele after a looong slumber. She's in Lion's Arch right now.

I didn't see anything in the guides section and I'm sure I could've done a forum search, but I don't want info that doesn't consider patches. Are there any good Geomancer Builds? Something that's not all defensive (ala wards) and more offensive? I mean, I'm not anti-ward, but I like to...ya know...kill stuff.:grin:

Also, feel free to comment on what chapter I should go with for her. Any chapter best for eles in terms of elite skill captures? Not just Earth either. I wanna try some water and lightning action.

Thx in advance. :smiley:

sophistry
19-11-2007, 21:26
alot of ppl will scream about sandstorm and ya its good but i looooooooove unstable ground slap that on an other ele hero or 2 and nothing stays up long enuff to deal out damage its just freaking mean xD specialy if ya toss in eruption and churning earth then just use mag surge n any other skill lol

Kaya Ke Kitana
20-11-2007, 01:30
Don't forget to put in aftershock if you use unsteady ground, perhaps with arcane echo:smiley:

Scott the Green
20-11-2007, 01:53
Unsteady Ground is probably my favourite earth elite.

Here's one build I like. Good damage, and it helps the party a lot vs melee.

16 earth
12 or more energy storage

Ebon Hawk
Stoning
Glowstone
Unsteady Ground
Eruption
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Earth Attunement
Rez

If you don't like the idea of 25 energy for Eruption, you can sub Ash Blast and hit them with it after Unsteady knocks them down. Ward against Melee or Elements can also be helpful (since you likely won't need GoLE unless you're using Eruption or something like Earthquake).

windcaller
20-11-2007, 17:57
i love packing up some armor on my ele when i play earth.

So i usually go:

Sandstorm/Glyph of Energy
Daggers
Magnetic Surge (eotn skill, love it!!)
Obsidian Flame
Stoneflesh
Armor of Earth
Earth att
Rez of choice

at 16 Earth meteor shower does 5 damage with all the enchants up. basically...it takes some time for a foe with non-degen to kill you.

(i apologize for my enthusiasm, but my ele just got un-dusted after some serios time/)

Psychotic
20-11-2007, 22:07
Sandstorm/Unsteady Ground
Eruption
Churning Earth
Damage Skill of Choice (Stoning, Ebon Hawk, Stone Daggers)
Ward Against (Melee or Elements, depending on where your going)
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Earth Attunement
Res

I like the ward as its nice team backup, but if you are set on dealing damage, just insert another damage skill in its place.