PDA

View Full Version : A few requests for abers

kaelyn the dove
12-12-2007, 22:00
1. For the love of all that is holy, please refrain from using majors/superior runes (only sup you should always use is vigor). It's frustrating enough to monk for pugs, it becomes even worse when you've already handicapped yourself by lowering your max health.

2. If you're a ranger, bring interrupts. You do not need one billion block stances when you can easily kite and cripple, and in the case of sins, interrupt their lead attack. If you're a toucher/thumper/wannabe assassin, learn to play the game.

3. Stop using flare.

4. Do not use major/sup runes.

5. Stop exposing the idiocy of your scrub guild by starting every match with "[____] is here, you should resign." It's great that you discovered the wonders of vent, but beating up on disorganized pugs on a map that you're supposed to win (Kaanai/Ancestral) does not make you "leet." Oh, and if you talk that much smack, at least have the decency not to rage quit when the pug scrubs hand you your head on your map.

6. When your team of 4 sin gankers finally kills an opposing player, after chasing her across the entire map, completely neglecting the concept of capping, do not then flash your bambis, as that person likely has more fame than the 4 of you combined, and was glad to sacrifice herself to you morons entertained and your team down 4 players. On the other hand, disregard this, as watching you flash your bambis is somewhat amusing.

7. Do not ever utter the words "noob runner."

8. As has been mentioned in another thread, do not think that playing MM makes you invincible.

9. SS sucks, keep it in pve.

10. Be a good sport and write gg at the end of every match, regardless of the outcome.

11. If you see an empty shrine to your left, and a stragler to your right, do not chase that person and instead cap the shrine.
People are welcome to add to this list :)

Akirai Annuvil
12-12-2007, 22:10
3. Stop using flare.
QFT.

Don't pack more than 3 defensive skills.

If you have a monk in the team, rarely pack more than 1 defensive skill.

If you can't interrupt, don't play a Ranger or Mesmer.

Team up with a monk. If he's bad, give him a WoH or ZB bar and he'll suddenly perform miracles.

If you have a bomb lying in front of your feet, and the enemies base is unprotected, it might be smart to (you know) blow up the gate and cap the base before collapsing on the luxons/kurzicks wherever they're fighting.

I might think up more later.

oles
12-12-2007, 22:14
Some, and I repeat, *some* builds can benefit from sup. runes more than the downside of having 75 less hp. More specifically, in AB, where dp doesn't exist.

Example: Fire nuking builds. These builds are normally used for quick shrines caps. And since there's always a shrine to cap when it matters, a fire nuker should avoid confrontations, zoom to the nearest (or most important) shrine, and nuke the npcs in under 10 seconds. Then move to the next shrine (capping the shrine itself is optional, depending on whether you are alone or with other allies).
Besides, the hp isn't that bad. I usually use a 40/20 set for 545hp, and another +60 set for 575hp (and more sets for low and high energy).

Kendel
12-12-2007, 23:37
1. For the love of all that is holy, please refrain from using majors/superior runes (only sup you should always use is vigor). It's frustrating enough to monk for pugs, it becomes even worse when you've already handicapped yourself by lowering your max health.

Get over yourself.

6. When your team of 4 sin gankers finally kills an opposing player, after chasing her across the entire map, completely neglecting the concept of capping, do not then flash your bambis, as that person likely has more fame than the 4 of you combined, and was glad to sacrifice herself to you morons entertained and your team down 4 players. On the other hand, disregard this, as watching you flash your bambis is somewhat amusing.

In concept yes... but see point 1.

the ettins kiss
12-12-2007, 23:45
1: dont run into mobs 1 person at a time, when you shouldnt be fighting mobs at all.

2: stop soloing mobs unless you are the tank, which makes you suck anyways imho.

3:dont complain about people moving away from you just because you felt the need to seek out 1vs1 and forgot to blend in a cripple or a speed boost.

4:stop storming the bloody fort a kaanai canyon unless you have already won the battle.

5:stop calling fellow teammates names making them ragequit, strange as it may sound i would rather have an incompetent 600hp punchingbag player, then a ragequitter for the duration of the battle.

kaelyn the dove
13-12-2007, 00:13
Several points. You do not need to spec that high in fire magic to clear the shrines. With 13 points in fire magic, you can still clear any shrine in under 10seconds. It has been my experience, from observing myself and others that no amount of placement will keep mr.narutard from going after you by virtue of you being a squishy, so that extra health will give your monk some breathing room in high pressure situations.

This one is purely anecdotal, but it seems to me that when running in the deep maps, it usually helps to take the fort, and the chances of winning a match there usually increase for the visiting team when they manage to hold take the fort for a couple of minutes.

To the flame: posting on a public internet forum like this (with the exception of those who have specific objective questions) raises the inference that one believes his/her opinions have some value. Whether or not those opinions have value can then be judged by others on the merits. So, I say to you, if everyone who posts was to get over themselves, then there'd be absolutely no posts on these forums.

oles
13-12-2007, 00:18
With 13 points in fire magic, you can still clear any shrine in under 10seconds.

Simply not true in my experience. 2-monk and warrior shrines are the case in question.

Amadei
13-12-2007, 08:29
12. The ele shrine will eat you alive. Do not go in there unprotected.

13. As amusing as it is to watch, don't blindly c-space someone who is making a beeline for the Base Defense.

14. If someone is protted up the wazoo, switch targets.

15. If you are blinded and have no way to remove it, go pick on someone else and hope the air ele finds someone else to harass. Or bring some @^%@#% condition removal.

16. This is for you, monks: if you see someone attacking a shrine under your control, do not stand there wanding the enemy. HEAL YOUR NPCs.

17. Know when to leave a fight you can't win.

18. Know when to give up a shrine.

19. It's hard to cap an enemy rez shrine when its monk is still alive and people are respawning on it.

20. Use the boosts some shrines give. Use the Shielding Urns on Saltspray. Cut through your base on Kanaai/Ancestral to get to a shrine on the other side of the map; it saves time and is safer.

Akirai Annuvil
13-12-2007, 15:47
Simply not true in my experience. 2-monk and warrior shrines are the case in question.

Tried Ranger shrines? Last time I ran a fire nuker it was a mind blast with FDH, RI and Fireball (never really was fond of SH and SF). Thought it went like this: A2MArK/44n1F9iyKY9mkXxFA (courtesy of guildbuilds.org)
I ran it with minors.

I wouldn't advise running around with less than 600 HP on a squishy(in high health set), so no more than 1 major. Why? Gankersins -- they're dirt common in AB and can rip anyone lower than that a new one if they play smart. With 600 + a selfheal/mend touch, you'll always survive.

This one is purely anecdotal, but it seems to me that when running in the deep maps, it usually helps to take the fort, and the chances of winning a match there usually increase for the visiting team when they manage to hold take the fort for a couple of minutes.
I'm not sure whether an indepth discussion of tactics is in place here but anyway, capping shrines in the enemies base is pretty much the only thing you can do.

The map (for those who don't know, Kaanai and Ancestral's maps are nigh identical):
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/9/9f/Kaanai_Canyon.jpg
All of the following strategies are for Kaanai Canyon; reverse Luxon and Kurzick to have a strategy for Ancestral.
To win, you basically need 4 shrines at least the majority of the times.
For the Luxons this is easy; they have two incredibly easily defendable shrines in the base (basically, the numbers are almost 2:1 for storming the base succesfully in a good game) and they're base is at the CENTRE of the map. Veeery easy to raid and cap shrines out of. Furthermore They have teleporters, so the two areas on the edges which are hardest to reach from the base can be teleported into, ideal for ganking retreating foes.

In other words, the defenders are in an ideal position; they need to cap and maintain control on only two of the outside shrines to win the game. Obviously the easiest shrines to cap here are the two bottom ones. You're guaranteed to cap at least one of them at the start, can then proceed to the next and cap it too. In the meanwhile have people defend the base (especially the northern most entrance) and gank travelling groups of Kurzicks.
Sometimes the Kurzicks are smart, and will try to blow up the Northern gate and rush the slightly abandonded inner core of the Luxon base; this can be an incredibly smart move, as it allows you camp the only available luxon res shrine. Capitalizing on this early in the match allows for control on the battlefield outside of the base. For the Kurzicks to win, the best thing is to control the two shrines on the inside and the two res shrines in the north. This normally means they also control the Ranger Shrine but it's not essential to the strategy; to disallow any Luxon to rush outside of the base and assault the Kurzick shrines.
Main problem with this strategy is (besides the obvious lack of coordination from most teams in AB*): you have to cap the Northern Ranger Shrine at the start, wreck the northernmost gate, seize control of the base and then pray to Dwayna nobody comes and repairs the northern gate**. If they do, you and everyone else in the base is dead as you have no escape or entrance route*** and you're reduced to the most popular, and worst ever, strategy of sieging the base.

Sieging the base, is travelling around it in a circle trying to cap as many bases as you possibly can. This is a bad strategy for the Kurzicks, as Luxons have far superior mobility on this map and it spreads your forces thin as you need to defend 5 bases which are located far apart from each other. The only way such a strategy can work is with a very good number advantage for the Kurzicks; unfortunately, they're at a number disadvantage****, making it practically impossible to win with this strategy if the Luxons are using any part of their brains.

What I find funny, the only time people were this into discussing strategies for AB was during Factions Preview; even Pugs had arguments about what to do (though often only small arguments with a fair shot of misinformation). Nowdays, when people know far more about ABing, they behave stupidly. If you look carefully you'll observe a slight increase in player skill and knowledge, but because of the splintered 3*4vs.3*4 gameplay and the low communication* overall strategy seems to have been reduced.

*Allow Alliances to challenge each other in a similar manner as with Guild battles, and this wouldn't be a problem and there'd be awesome strategies developed which can then be stolen by PuG based groups.
**This is one reason to reduce the Gate regenerating powers of the repair packs, while increasing the amount of Gate destruction explosive kits to allow for less of a "Yay our shrines are in the base!" type of turtle strategy (very boring).
***A reason to allow Kurzicks to use Luxon teleporters and vice versa. Base raiding shouldn't be an immediate deathtrap if the strategy fails; the risks are at the moment far too high to allow PuGs to use such a strategy.
****Gankers at least should have an easier access to the base to reduce the numerical advantage; likewise base NPCs shouldn't respawn, you snooze you lose style.

Frozenface
14-12-2007, 02:45
*Allow Alliances to challenge each other in a similar manner as with Guild battles, and this wouldn't be a problem and there'd be awesome strategies developed which can then be stolen by PuG based groups.

I would love to see something like this, and I know at least a couple dozen people who would agree with me.

oles
14-12-2007, 15:24
All of the following strategies are for Kaanai Canyon;

In my vast AB experience, strategies are unimportant. With 24 people on the field, and considering the fact that a single person can capture most of the shrines, AB can become really chaotic and unpredictable. The most important factor, which determies whether or not you are going to win, is how good you are and your allies are at AB and pvp in general.

David Holtzman
14-12-2007, 15:37
In my vast AB experience, strategies are unimportant.

Uh, no. What your experience has shown is that strategy is generally unorganized not that it is unimportant. If thousands of years of military history and the recent advances in game theory have taught us anything they have taught us that strategy is of the utmost importance. Certainly you are correct that a very important factor is the relative player skill, but you are incorrect in thinking that this obviates strategy. Quite the opposite, this implies certain strategies. Specifically those that rely on experienced players to force mismatches and maximize strategic positioning. The question of how to best manuever a set of inexperienced players is not at all unimportant, it is in fact the defining factor in winning matches.

Ranger Nietzsche
14-12-2007, 15:42
Pretty much.

When allied team FAIL starts following you and allied team LOSE won't cap shrines, it takes a good understanding of the nature of noobs to get them to do the right thing.

And THAT...is strategy

oles
14-12-2007, 17:13
The question of how to best manuever a set of inexperienced players is not at all unimportant, it is in fact the defining factor in winning matches.

I used to think that too. I don't anymore. After about 4000 AB battles, my opinion has changed.

Example: your group goes around and caps every shrine so that overall, on average, the shrines are split about 50/50 all the time. Even then, it's still possible to lose by 200-300 points. It's happened to me too many times. The reason for this? Your allies keep running out a gate just to get ganked, rinse-repeat. And it's not just because they don't know where to go. It's because they can't kill anything and they keep dying. Every death - 3 points on the enemy's scoreboard.

Ranger Nietzsche
14-12-2007, 23:12
I think I'm getting confused at your separation of strategy from "good overall pvp play"

good pvp play tends to include good strategies like positioning, when to engage/not engage etc.

oles
14-12-2007, 23:16
I think the confusion comes from the definition of the word strategy.
When I was replying to the post #9, the strategy mentioned there was very specifically about how to play Kaanai in terms of which shrines to cap.

Having a good cap strategy used to be very important, not so much anymore with the huge influx of pve players. Now it's more important to have good teams with good builds and pvp experience.

Ranger Nietzsche
14-12-2007, 23:22
I agree that your strategy needs to be centered around manipulating the allied teams (which we like to codename FAIL and LOSE) into doing stuff slightly less than terrible.

Some Dude
16-12-2007, 01:30
Tips/strategy for AB: run 4 fire eles.

Since 1 fire ele can solo cap any shrine without dying, and since you should hardly ever be fighting the players on the other team, a monk only slows you down, and so do minor runes. Not to mention the fact that pug monks don't bring speed buffs and run crap bars.

Split 2-2 (since LOSE and FAIL are guaranteed to be nubs) and cap cap cap. Avoid enemy teams. If they chase you, they lose (since their team is now not capping, while your other 2 team members are). If they run around, they lose, since they cap slower than you. Either way, they lose.

On the final maps, don't go into the fort unless you're already winning by a MILE and you're simply doing it out of boredom. It takes time, the enemy keeps spawning there and owning you, and you can get trapped in there. Why you'd advise people to do that is beyond me. The way to win the final maps is simply to pick a direction and run around capping the outside shrines non-stop. The most important are obviously the res shrines.

There is sadly no real strategy involved in AB other than this. Running anything other than an ele is simply to have fun, not to have the most effective team.

Zalis
16-12-2007, 03:08
Like others have said, the best laid plans and teamwork can be ruined by your other 8 allies. You can't with a match without at least two of your 4-man teams capping somewhat efficiently.

About the major/sup runes... I may run a single sup or major, but that's it. The real problem are the people running around with >400 health. (yes, I'm looking at all of you 'Sins)

oles
16-12-2007, 03:44

Since 1 fire ele can solo cap any shrine without dying, and since you should hardly ever be fighting the players on the other team, a monk only slows you down, and so do minor runes. Not to mention the fact that pug monks don't bring speed buffs and run crap bars.

Split 2-2 (since LOSE and FAIL are guaranteed to be nubs) and cap cap cap. Avoid enemy teams. If they chase you, they lose (since their team is now not capping, while your other 2 team members are). If they run around, they lose, since they cap slower than you. Either way, they lose.

On the final maps, don't go into the fort unless you're already winning by a MILE and you're simply doing it out of boredom. It takes time, the enemy keeps spawning there and owning you, and you can get trapped in there. Why you'd advise people to do that is beyond me. The way to win the final maps is simply to pick a direction and run around capping the outside shrines non-stop. The most important are obviously the res shrines.

There is sadly no real strategy involved in AB other than this. Running anything other than an ele is simply to have fun, not to have the most effective team.

Well said. I wouldn't go with just 4 fire eles, but the rest is right on the button.

I'll add to this a completely different approach which seems to work well on most maps.
Get a balanced group of competent pvp players, all on vent.
Then piledrive through enemies, capping shrines and scoring many faction points from kills. That, coincidentally, is the funnest way to play AB too.

Kendel
16-12-2007, 03:53
Several points. You do not need to spec that high in fire magic to clear the shrines. With 13 points in fire magic, you can still clear any shrine in under 10seconds. It has been my experience, from observing myself and others that no amount of placement will keep mr.narutard from going after you by virtue of you being a squishy, so that extra health will give your monk some breathing room in high pressure situations.

With 16 you do it faster. You also actually do a nice amount of damage to things that aren't shrines... and since SP sins are no longer around i can't see 75 health making all that much difference... specially if you were sensible enough to bring AoR or Mystic Regen. 75 is about the difference on a lvl16-13 Savannah Heat+Rodgorts... so you'd still lose... especially if you skipped the shield/spear.

If you actually think not running a sup in AB makes a huge amount of difference you die happy in that knowledge... its not the difference between life and death if you took a decent bar and didn't come up a team using vent for spiking... the latter been a '1 in a 1,000,000 chance'.

Wol Fenrook
16-12-2007, 10:48
I have only one request for ABers, a simple one at that. Stop taking it so darned seriously! It's a game, your supposed to be playing it for fun! If you don't have fun if you lose don't put yourself in a situation where you may well lose, such as any kind of PvP!

I get sick of all the noob calling, bragging etc. Especially as the folks doing it are usually the worst players actually there, who shout things at team mates like "stop running you noob, we need to fight them!", or inform their team mates that they should be running with superior fire and superior energy storage as it's the only way to cap, then do no capping at all and just die a lot! To the other eles out there who have not discovered this, a good capping build you wont run out of energy even using a minor energy storage rune! The NPCs guarding the shrine should be long dead before you even get half way down your energy bar. If they aren't then you aren't running a capping build at all.

Ok, so that's really more than 1 thing, but they are sort of related to the 1st....

Wol

the ettins kiss
16-12-2007, 13:16

Unfortunately for me I would have to agree with this. Fire Eles are disproportionately effective in AB. Perhaps it is time for ANET to balance things out a bit. The AB NPC are practically the dumbest mobs in GW, they generally just stand there and get nuked. Perhaps its time to improve their AI a bit. I am aware that AB is tactically not the most demanding arena. But if AB wins are already too often determined by who has the most Eles. Thats not a strategy at all. At least make putting some attention into building a pug team worth the effort.
I hope the fire Eles wont flame me for this ^^

Zalis
16-12-2007, 14:02
Fire Eles are disproportionately effective in AB. Perhaps it is time for ANET to balance things out a bit. The AB NPC are practically the dumbest mobs in GW, they generally just stand there and get nuked. Perhaps its time to improve their AI a bit.

Problem is that the NPCs are tied to the shrines. If they scatter too far on a nuke, it makes the shrine easier to cap.

the ettins kiss
16-12-2007, 14:50
Problem is that the NPCs are tied to the shrines. If they scatter too far on a nuke, it makes the shrine easier to cap.

they can also stay in cap range. This does not require them to stand there trying to outlast meteor shower, searing heat or some other wipe 3 NPCs for the price of 1 skill. NPCs merely stepping aside = Eles not solo capping a shrine in 5 secs.

Kendel
16-12-2007, 17:26
They do sidestep it... like all foes. If you nuke almost any level 20 mob they will die very easily to a fire ele. Its not the AI thats the problem... its the health/level. If you nuke the Ranger shrine they do flee after a bit (and tend to walk back into it after), its just that fire does so much to them before the trigger to move comes on.

thescottguy
25-12-2007, 01:58
I agree it seems there are just a few types of players, fire ELEs (which are really popular since the *can* take down nearly any shrine (except ele) solo. I do it all the time), rangers for their interrupts / traps, tanks (obvious) and Dervs for their many skills.
Lots of people seem to sprinkle the best assassin skills in to jump someone from afar. It is effective but I hate it. It seems even more unfair than being a powerful fire ele. (Often they double up and you don't stand a chance.)

What I don't understand (except for the ele shrine) is why a group of 4 doesn't just run right ONTO to the shrine guarded by 2 or three and immediately start taking it? They attack from very far.
You can use more skills (adjacent - so can the enemy but they're outnumbered.)
The KEY thing is that YOU IMMEDIATELY start the CLOCK on the takeover. Instead of killing then running. How many games have you lost by a few seconds? 3 or 2 ppl going after a 2 ranger shrine will start counting down then up as soon as 1 ranger dies. So fight ON the shrine and those second add up!
Also I prefer to heal teammates with monk skills but can't since they are out of the adjacent area I don't see the point in this. It seems the closer you are to the shrine the faster colors change but I could be mistaken.
Finally I agree. It is JUST a game. If you're having fun.. you're winning (which means a close loss). Yes, you can EVEN have fun losing if you don't take it all so seriously (esp. on maps that give you double points for a loss). (I've even been criticized for saying 'good job!' - sheesh! One person said - "What are you? My teacher?" Yes, it is so much more cool to be as silent as a rock, aren't these games supposed to be SOCIAL? If you want to ignore everyone play on offline game or PvE by yourself.)
People like to think they're smarter because they've either been playing (or haven't and just think they're smarter) or take Wiki advice as gospel. Whereas some of us aren't pros don't spend hours combing the wiki and know what works for our playing style. Sorry, flare works for me, lots of damage fast.
Finally plz don't suggest the Wiki flavor of the month/week build I have a level 7 ABer, spend far more time playing and someone is trying to tell me what skills I need, this is just insulting. (Many have have a single shot rez in them!) Someone poo-pooed me on a skill that wasn't Wiki approved but it works for me, (barrage) oh, no it HAD to be flaming arrow. But barrage takes less energy hits more people and regenerates faster. So that is bad how?
The main point is to get on that shrine fast. Don't shoot from afar. If you're healthy and have more than max ppl on shrine you'll win it.

shardfenix
25-12-2007, 04:33

4. Do not use major/sup runes.Major runes are the best thing to ever happen to armor. however, /agree on no sups, they're terrible.

6. When your team of 4 sin gankers finally kills an opposing player, after chasing her across the entire map, completely neglecting the concept of capping, do not then flash your bambis, as that person likely has more fame than the 4 of you combined, and was glad to sacrifice herself to you morons entertained and your team down 4 players. On the other hand, disregard this, as watching you flash your bambis is somewhat amusing.Shhh...dont give the secret away! 1 cripshot ranger compensates for 4 melee characters on the other team.

Soulstorm
28-12-2007, 02:06
I've taken to playing mostly Monk in AB's.

I cannot express how irritating it is to have to run across the radar and back to keep my team covered. All the time.

-It never fails; through the first (maybe even the second) clash, the team will generally work as a unit, like it's supposed to, but come time for the second cap, you can bet at least one of your teamies will be two radars away, slugging it out in some random brawl.
I usually just follow the teamie that seems to have the best idea of where to go and what to do, and hope the others will rejoin at some point.
-Sometimes I end up Monking for one of those ad-hoc teams made up of capping players from dispersed teams that tend to form around midway through most battles.

I have played a lot of W and E as well, and do know how hard it is to resist running off on your own, but please put some practice into tactical awareness, people.
As I've said before, help my squishy Monk, and she'll help you. :smiley:

Ugly Betty
28-12-2007, 20:50
I've taken to playing mostly Monk in AB's.

I cannot express how irritating it is to have to run across the radar and back to keep my team covered. All the time.

-It never fails; through the first (maybe even the second) clash, the team will generally work as a unit, like it's supposed to, but come time for the second cap, you can bet at least one of your teamies will be two radars away, slugging it out in some random brawl.
I usually just follow the teamie that seems to have the best idea of where to go and what to do, and hope the others will rejoin at some point.
-Sometimes I end up Monking for one of those ad-hoc teams made up of capping players from dispersed teams that tend to form around midway through most battles.

I have played a lot of W and E as well, and do know how hard it is to resist running off on your own, but please put some practice into tactical awareness, people.
As I've said before, help my squishy Monk, and she'll help you. :smiley:

yes, yes. sad isn't it that 90% of the people who AB don't have a clue about teamwork and the importance of staying together. i always AB with guildies. it just makes for an overall better experience and is a lot more fun. also if the other members of the team are halfway decent you'll probably end up pwning with no trouble. but don't count on it. :wink:

Some Dude
29-12-2007, 11:53
I wouldn't bother playing a monk in AB even if my team DID stick together - since you should be avoiding fighting other players, and since the shrines can be solo'd without healing, it makes monks a bit redundant.

Zalis
30-12-2007, 14:47
I wouldn't bother playing a monk in AB even if my team DID stick together - since you should be avoiding fighting other players, and since the shrines can be solo'd without healing, it makes monks a bit redundant.

I've recently just started playing my monk in PvP, specifically AB. It does seem to make a difference when I'm along, assuming my team knows what it's doing. We spend less time doing things like self-healing or respawning, and more capping. On the one map that I actually defend shrines, Ancestral Lands' bridge, it makes holding off Kurzicks much easier. (until the inevitable mob comes anyway)

Some Dude
31-12-2007, 09:37
Holding shrines is pretty fail, coz you have to wait for teams to run there. Just keep capping.

David Holtzman
31-12-2007, 19:28
Holding shrines is just fine provided you can create a mismatch. If three of them are fighting two of you at a shrine, you have created another place on the map where you are at advantage. You're also holding the shrine you're personally camped at, so the net balance is in your favor. It's holding shrines when no one is assaulting them or letting them create mismatches on you that's stupid.

Some Dude
01-01-2008, 01:16
I agree in theory. Hypothetically, if both teams are full of good players, that would be a good tactic.

But in reality, I know that my team is 95% of the time the most useful team on the map. 2 of my team is worth, like, 4 guys on the other team in terms of cap speed. Therefore unless I'm holding a shrine with 2 ppl against like 5 enemy (bad idea), then it's not worth my time to hold the shrine, seeing as how the enemy are such scrubs.