PDA

View Full Version : can u ruin ur char?

cookiesloot
15-01-2008, 15:33
is there anyway to ruin the char by gettug the wrong skills? how much skill points can u get?

Purity of the Raven
15-01-2008, 15:35
An infinite number, although you still have to pay 1k per skill.

You can't really 'ruin' a character.

Akirai Annuvil
15-01-2008, 15:40
No but you can ruin your spelling.

Skill points are uncapped, but skills are expensive. Normally it's best to look up which are useful beforehand. I thought tiyuri had a nice list somewhere, you could do a search I guess. Either way, common sense should show which skills are good and which not, and buying a few extra isn't too bad.

Purity of the Raven
15-01-2008, 15:41
That was a PvP list I believe.

Monotheisticfreakizoid
15-01-2008, 15:41
Yer as I've begun playing Guildwars I've found that it can play a little bit Poke'mon...

In all poke'mon games your character can never die, and never loses any skills they gain... so even if your a very poor player you will eventually grow strong...

I'm not complaining tho as I've had the learning curve to crash thru amd I think they beat pokemon on the fact that as you get into the more experienced area's of the game it takes some design and skill to win...

Purity of the Raven
15-01-2008, 15:43
...You did NOT just compare Guild Wars to pokemon.

Drage
15-01-2008, 15:46
lol

You cant ruin your char, if you buy wrong skills, wrong armor, wrong runes, wrong weapons, you can destroy them and you can start over :)

Monotheisticfreakizoid
15-01-2008, 15:48
...You did NOT just compare Guild Wars to pokemon.

I CHOOSE YOU ASURA!!!
http://fr.guildwars.com/images/uploads/asurapet.jpg

Purity of the Raven
15-01-2008, 15:49
Go Shiro!
Shiro used Echoing Banishment!
Victory goes to Shiro!

Zahra
15-01-2008, 16:23
lol

You cant ruin your char, if you buy wrong skills, wrong armor, wrong runes, wrong weapons, you can destroy them and you can start over :)

Or you can sell the wrong runes, weapons and armor and buy anew. In many cases, gathering the money is still faster than getting back to where you were with that particular char.

coridan
15-01-2008, 17:44
Yer as I've begun playing Guildwars I've found that it can play a little bit Poke'mon...

Can't "ruin" a character but you sure can ruin a thread :grin: :grin: :grin:

Monotheisticfreakizoid
15-01-2008, 17:52
I'm just glad no-ones decided to attack me for knowing pokemon... (I'll try to rebutt by saying I have 4 kids, but that Nurse Joy is a hottie)

But I think the original poster did get an answer, since theres no way to lose EXP and if you get bad items its only a matter of working up the gold for better ones.... the only bad thing you can do for your character is pick a bad primary, pick a bad face/hair or height... everything else can be changed and worked for the better with no real threat of loss...

Sha Lar
16-01-2008, 06:57
... or a bad name...

Rob Van Der Sloot
16-01-2008, 07:11
I agree, the only thing you can ruin about your character is your name. Contrary to WoW, there are no skill trees. So you can change skills whenever you like, and you can learn them all.

I saw a character called "warior something" a few days ago. That just made me giggle. All that work to get expensive armor, but eventually he'll find out how warrior is really spelled.

Lytel
16-01-2008, 07:13
There are only 2 things that can be ruined: the Survivor title and the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title. If you die or leave pre-searing for Prophecies characters, they are gone forever, you won't be able to get them without restarting.

Lytha
16-01-2008, 09:14
Ways to ruin your character:

- select an appearance you're not happy with anymore after 2 days

- select an "impropriate name"; that opens up the possibility of getting a temporary ban (once someone feels offended by the name and reports it) and that you'll have to rename your character

- take part in bug exploit parties (if someone takes you to a hidden outpost and tells you to keep shush about it, don't party there - just leave quickly.) This can get you totally ruined and permanentely banned.

- waste all your money onto some supposedly "UBERweapon" or item, then figure out that you would rather have needed the money to upgrade your armor from the starter set to something with more armor value than that. (can be remedied by farming for a while in the areas that you can handle in your starter gear.)

- be "hacked", lets say, you join a guild of strangers and they have the rule that everyone needs to tell the accountname and the password to the guildboss. Or you visit sites that spread keyloggers onto your computer. (kiss your account goodbye then.)

- I think another way to ruin your account is to buy gold online. That can lead to a ban as well as the bug exploit parties, as far as I know.

Kendel
16-01-2008, 09:35
I agree, the only thing you can ruin about your character is your name. Contrary to WoW, there are no skill trees. So you can change skills whenever you like, and you can learn them all.

I saw a character called "warior something" a few days ago. That just made me giggle. All that work to get expensive armor, but eventually he'll find out how warrior is really spelled.

I'm willing to bet he knows how its spelt. He belongs to the crowd that thought up a good name then purposely mispelt it because it was already taken. Not only is it blatantly obvious making him look like a complete tit but its pretty unimaginative. If your gonna do that at least pick something next to nobody will recognise. My Necro's name is Per Yngve Oh Lin, anyone see a problem with that 1?

Those seem more like ways to ruin your GW experience than your char. Other than choosing a stupid name or an appearance you don't like that much theres not much. Though i guess you could say running Mending on a Warrior is ruining 1 :p

coridan
16-01-2008, 12:20
My Necro's name is Per Yngve Oh Lin

I have no problem with it..although dead and death and death metal aren't to my taste...but sort of fitting for a Necro